View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #127 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of the Lake View Post
'You must've given the shopkeepers a run for their money, all right.' Ari laughed, imagining the scene Nika had described. No wonder that her mum preferred to avoid Diagon Alley alltogether this year.

Ari was expecting some sort of idolization of the father-figure, so she was taken aback by her friend's description of her father. 'Dentist? I think we're so lucky to be magical, my mum uses a charm for my teeth, it's quick and painless. Poor Muggles. I mean....I'm sure your dad is great at his job.' Ari could just smack herself for admitting her opinion on dentists.

The girl made a resolution not to say anything bad about Nika's dad. However, she couldn't control her laughter when the older Gryffie joked he would marry rules if they were a person. Technically though, laughter was not words, so she didn't say anything bad, and therefore kept her resolution. '8:50? Really? That sounds funny. Mum usually tells me to be back inside by the time it gets dark, but we don't necessarily have the same understanding of the concept darkness.' Anyway, the small town where Ari lived was the safest place in the world, nothing ever happened there.

'I agree that rules are sometimes meant to be broken, but maybe if you tried following some of them every once in a while I'm sure your dad would be proud of you and hence, spend more time with you.He would notice an improvement, wouldn't he?' OH NO! Did I just sound like a teacher? Did I?!? Ariadne was mortified! If she weren't so short, no one would believe her to be only 12 by the way she talked.

Off topic? What was off topic? Oh, yes, back to Nika. 'No, don't worry, I like listening to people talking about their families.' Ari smiled. 'Baking brownies together sounds very cute. Does your dad know to bake and cook? If so, that's impressive! My mum can hardly boil water.' Ariadne chuckled. Well, cleaning the mess in the kitchen was as nice a time as any to bond with her mother.

'I remember you told me you liked football!' Ari exclaimed, really pleased that she remembered that piece of information from a conversation that had taken place long ago. 'Sorry for the outburst, I was just proud of my memory.' the second year giggled. 'And I also remember you promised to teach me how to play someday.' she added.

The way Nika trailed off made Ari even more curious to know what her housemate had done in her second year. 'Shrewd...' Ariadne thought. 'Of course I want to do something crazy, but I'm not making plans. Spontaneity enhances the craziness.'
Nika giggled a bit thinking about the day that she got her wand. It had been interesting... It took some time for the right wand to show up, but in the end it did and that's what's really important, right? Then when Ari spoke next Nika could feel her heart drop a bit. She always thought of her dad's job as being boring, but it was accepted in the muggle world as a great job to have and Ari made her feel a little ashamed about it. Maybe Nika should just lie to her friends from now on and say her dad does something cool like work with dragons or something.

"Yeah... Erm, poor muggles." Nika repeated after her younger friend. Nika didn't really think muggle life was as bad as Ari made it out to seem. Though the younger girl didn't mean to do any harm, at this moment Nika felt slightly embarrassed to be a muggleborn. When she was just a regular muggle who didn't know about magic it was fine because she didn't know what she was missing. "There lives are just as great as ours!" She thought silently trying to convince herself that it was true.

"Yeah I don't know. I think my dad has some sort of issue with making his rules sensible." Nika admitted with a small shrug. Even though his rules were a bit odd it only made them more fun to break so Nika wasn't trying to complain too much. Then this time when Ari spoke again she said something else that made Nika a bit disheartened. She should try following the rules? But that's no fun at all! "I-I don't know." She wasn't even sure if following the rules would get his attention. Nika didn't really start breaking them until after age nine. That's when her dad stopped caring.

Everything became about work and nothing was about Nika. The little Gryffindor hated to admit, but she liked being the center of attention. She likes the spotlight and even though she doesn't want to think about it herself she knows it's true. "But I guess I can consider following them..." She lied. It's not like she liked lying to people, but little white lies can't hurt anyone can they? Nika looked into Ari's eyes and felt a tinge of guilt, but she didn't want to tell her friend her thoughts. And ever since Nika started going to Hogwarts things with her dad started to get a bit worse. They stopped seeing each other all year except for holidays. And when he did see her he was always afraid. Her mom on the other hand was afraid, but tried hard not to be. She always boasted about Nika made the twelve year old feel proud of being the only witch in the family. That's what caused her sister May's jealousy.

Nika giggled when Ari brought up her mom's cooking. She couldn't help but try and get all the little angry that was built up inside her with a laugh. It helped ease the tension. "Well sort of." She said with a small chuckle. "We burnt more than a couple batches before, but the ones that didn't burn were surprisingly yummy." Just thinking about the times when she was younger and the mouth watering chocolate treats made her feel like she could taste them at this very second. "So what does your mom do again?" Nika knew the question was a bit random, but more than anything she wanted to stop talking about her and her dad.

Nika giggled as she grinned widely. "And I remember telling you!" Nika smiled thinking back to the first time they had really talked in the common room. "Oh I did didn't I?" Well truth be told Nika didn't really remember that she said she would teach Ari, but she probably did say it because she told that to a lot of people. "Well then it's my duty to teach you when the term begins!" She explained cheerfully. Besides if she was able to teach Emily and Samira who had no football abilities what so ever she could teach Ari too!

"Yeah you're right! I didn't have any idea that I was going to do some weird things last term, but I guess it was my destiny or something?" She'd have to ask professor Bishop about that when she was back at Hogwarts. Little did Nika know, but her favorite Professor wasn't going to be teaching in the up coming term. "So are you excited about seeing everyone again!?"

You are Lemon!