View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #55 (permalink)
Granger1814

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen
Flourish and Blotts Shopkeeper
Potter Nurse || Hockey obsession <3 | Go Wings! || Geaux Tigers!

Brett glanced at the growing line as he continued to paint. Great. They were becoming one of the more popular exhibits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62442 View Post
Launna agreed with him - Azkaban was the worst place she'd ever been to in her life. She'd lost count of how many nightmares she'd had involving the dreaded dementors swooping down on her and sucking out her soul. No one deserves that fate, she thought to herself. 'I've considered being a Healer,' she said in reply to his question. 'Or perhaps an Arithmancer - I'm really interested in the subject.' She reached down and pulled a book from her bag called 'The Numbers behind the Numbers'. 'This is a book I bought today,' she said eagerly, flicking through the pages. She'd already ear-marked several of the pages. 'Arithmancy is the study of divination through numbers. Telling the future, pretty cool huh?’ Launna paused as she considered something. ‘But it can’t be as easy as that, can it?’
Listening quietly to her story as he painted, Brett decided that he couldn't begin to imagine being in Azkaban or even visiting there. Then again, he supposed if he hadn't changed his lifestyle around, then he probably would have ended up there.

"A Healer is always a great job; never boring and you get to interact with very interesting people." Kind of like his job.

He paused in his painting as Launna bent down to pick up a Arithmancy textbook and began to flip through it. He waited patiently until she finished. "Very, very cool, but you'd have to really, really like numbers to keep staring at them all day." He responded with a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyLuver123 View Post
"Gryffindor. Well, I don't mind any house, but I'm very fond of Gryffindor" Skye said, a tingling sensation taking place on her cheek as he did the spell. And then finally, she was allowed to look.

It looked wonderful. Real, if it wasn't in fact rainbow. She smiled and took the wallet from the table. "I love it." She did. Well, she did...
Brett grinned as the young, hopeful-to-be Gryffindor exclaimed that she loved the butterfly. "Awesome. Glad that you do." He handed her back the picture to replace in the small wallet that she held. "You can tell all of your friends that a professional artist did it." He added with a chuckle.