View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post
Even though Louisa was only speaking just above the volume of a whisper, Adam still heard the bit about her father. He didn't know what to say, so he gave her a sympathetic little frown. He hoped that one day her father would contact her, and that if he never did the man realized and regretted all that he was missing out on. Unfortunately, a part of Adam had to question what kind of man could leave his daughter like that, and a part of him thought that Louisa would never meet her real dad. He of course kept this negative way of thinking to himself.

The frown on Adam's lift shifted up into a straight line as Louisa went on a rather long explanation of Dallin and the daring things that he encouraged her to do. "It's good to have someone that can challenge you to step outside your comfort zone," Adam said, no expression in his voice. "Within reason of course," Adam added on to the end. Adam could see how excited Louisa got when she talked about Dallin and he could tell that her feelings ran much deeper than something she could move on from. It didn't make Adam angry that Louisa felt this way, he just felt sorry for her. He couldn't imagine how difficult it must be to like someone so much, and yet that person had already given their hearts to someone else. Also, the more Louisa talked the more Adam felt that Louisa's not finishing her meal definitely had something to do with Dallin. Her conclusion that Dallin cared for her hung in the air, Adam not sure if she was looking for confirmation for him or if she was just trying to convince herself of it. Deciding that Adam didn't know enough about Dallin to comment either way, he kept quiet.

"I do have my list, but I haven't gotten some of the stuff I need. I need my textbooks still and I need to pick up a set of robes. And going tomorrow sounds great if you're not too busy," Adam replied, not wanting to inconvenience her. If she was busy Adam could find what he needed himself...
Challenge you to step outside your comfort zone? Louisa frowned slightly at this. That wasn't what Dallin does for her! No way! "He doesn't challenge me. He likes to hang out with me and we used to have a lot of fun together," she couldn't help the childish tone that slipped out unintentionally, "He taught me how to slide with socks," She smiled at the memory. It was then when this uncomfy feeling in her chest started, at the whomping willow- when he held her hand, fixed her hair and caught her as they both slid down the little slope, "And he let me swim with him at the lake," That had been a blast to her, too. He must've done all that because he liked being around her.. right? And he must've had this level of care that nobody had in his heart... RIGHT?

With a sigh, she leaned her head on one of her hands, "We used to do that, anyways. He didn't have a girlfriend back then. But now.." She pouted, "I don't see him. I don't call him. And he doesn't either. He's too busy with her," Again with the disgusting feeling when the last word was out. What made things worse was that this 'her' was one of her friends. Good friends, too! Things couldn't get any more inconvenient for herself.

Still leaning her head on her hand while her elbow rested at the table, she gave Adam a slight smile, "Sure. Not busy at all," In fact, she'd be more than willing to keep herself busy. That summary about Dallin had lots to add to and Louisa had been talking about that all summer up till now, she might as well use some rest.