View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #84 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post

"The International Department definitely sounds interesting," Adam said after swallowing a little bit of his coke. "Plus I imagine you get to do a lot of traveling with a job like that which could be really exciting." Adam had traveled a lot in the states, but not all that much in Europe for obvious reasons, so he any opportunity he got to travel he was going to capitalize on it. Did they have a ministry of magic in the states? "We do have one there, it's just not as big as the one here," Adam said with a little smile. "I'm not entirely sure where it's located, but I have a feeling it's somewhere near Washington D.C....probably so they can be close to the main center for the muggle President and things like that." Perhaps if Adam ever returned to the States he'd check that out more closely.

Adam was in the middle of wiping his face with a napkin when Louisa started to choke on her drink. Uncertain what to do Adam kind of awkwardly leaned over the table and patted her back a couple of times until she seemed like she was alright and able to breath again. Guess he needed to be more mindful of the things he said when she was taking a drink of something. Adam gave a rather modest little smile before shifting his eyes down to his plate. "It's not exactly the toughest thing in the world to admit you're afraid of heights, but I am. Although, the carpet coaster wasn't too bad....the whole being buckled in definitely helped with it a bit." Adam noticed that Louisa had dropped her gaze, but he wasn't sure if it was to hide that she seemed impressed with him or if it was something else entirely.

Deciding to let the thing go Adam gave a little nod at Louisa's suggestion of getting them sweets. "Sure, that sounds great. There's a really good candy shop in Diagon Alley, isn't there?" Adam asked, vaguely remembering seeing a sign for Honeyduke's Sweet Shop or something along those lines.
"I've never traveled to many places in my life. Only France where I was born and I don't even remember that. My mom came here when I was around two." She swallowed a bite she was biting and left the rest of the sandwich. She was determined to keep herself in shape... in case Dallin looked at her and noticed that she was not a child anymore. Back to topic, "Do you think it has the same departments as ours?" She definitely was going to go work there if Dal was.

Did she start to sound like a stalker? O__o

It's not the toughest thing to admit? Louisa would've choked again had she been drinking, "Yes, it is!" She said or squeaked in disbelief. Louisa had never admitted anything bad in her which made her think that she wasn't very honest about her own potentials. "I wouldn't have admitted my fears to people. I still don't. Even when I told you about me not playing Quidditch I didn't say the truth!" She froze! Did she really say that out loud? Way to ruin your image in the first meeting, "I mean.. I'm.. scared of Quidditch. Balls falling on me or hitting me. I don't find that sporty. The balancing issue is right, though," She said hastily. She hadn't lied to him, she just didn't say everything- well, until then.

"Yes. Honeyduke's sweets are one of a kind. Have you been there, yet?" She took a sip of her coke and eyed her unfinished sandwich. Nope, she wasn't going to eat that. Not if she was going to look pretty like Ellie.