View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #78 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

SPOILER!!: Louisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post

A department? Louisa stopped munching on her hamburger and took a second to ponder that, "I haven't thought about that before. I don't know. My OWLs will show me where I'm good at and where I suck. And then I'll decide, I guess. Although I hear the International Coorporation is an interesting one," She didn't hear. She only read about that. Somewhere. "What about you?" She took a gulp of her coke, talk about lady-like eating and Louisa is definitely not in that. "Do you guys have a Ministry of Magic at the States too?" Dallin never seemed to answer that clearly.

She shook her head, "It's not heartless. It's logical. I think I have him in my head as the secret hero who couldn't meet me because it's too dangerous for me," She giggled, the sad eyes said it all about her false hope and she busied herself with eating and drinking as he talked about Quidditch.

When he mentioned he was afraid of heights, she choke on her choke. Quickly coughing, and her eyes watered a bit, she stared at him, "And you went with me on the Carpet Coaster? That's just... wow." She kept staring for a second before dropping her eyes before someone suggested she was swooning over him. Or something. "That's really brave. I don't think I have something with heights in particular. It's just the fact that I am flying as in I drive the broom and should balance it well and all. I don't really know. The Carpet Coaster was fun for me," She smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, I should get us some sweets after this then," Because, again, she was not going to accept this treat without returning it. Maybe not today but she had to. It was only polite to do so, and yes Louisa Carter may not be the politest girl on the planet but she could be with nice caring people. Ha!

"The International Department definitely sounds interesting," Adam said after swallowing a little bit of his coke. "Plus I imagine you get to do a lot of traveling with a job like that which could be really exciting." Adam had traveled a lot in the states, but not all that much in Europe for obvious reasons, so he any opportunity he got to travel he was going to capitalize on it. Did they have a ministry of magic in the states? "We do have one there, it's just not as big as the one here," Adam said with a little smile. "I'm not entirely sure where it's located, but I have a feeling it's somewhere near Washington D.C....probably so they can be close to the main center for the muggle President and things like that." Perhaps if Adam ever returned to the States he'd check that out more closely.

Adam was in the middle of wiping his face with a napkin when Louisa started to choke on her drink. Uncertain what to do Adam kind of awkwardly leaned over the table and patted her back a couple of times until she seemed like she was alright and able to breath again. Guess he needed to be more mindful of the things he said when she was taking a drink of something. Adam gave a rather modest little smile before shifting his eyes down to his plate. "It's not exactly the toughest thing in the world to admit you're afraid of heights, but I am. Although, the carpet coaster wasn't too bad....the whole being buckled in definitely helped with it a bit." Adam noticed that Louisa had dropped her gaze, but he wasn't sure if it was to hide that she seemed impressed with him or if it was something else entirely.

Deciding to let the thing go Adam gave a little nod at Louisa's suggestion of getting them sweets. "Sure, that sounds great. There's a really good candy shop in Diagon Alley, isn't there?" Adam asked, vaguely remembering seeing a sign for Honeyduke's Sweet Shop or something along those lines.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go