View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #87 (permalink)
Lady of the Lake
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ariadne Lydia Marchbanks
Fifth Year
Superfan of: Minerva, Severus, Albus, Hermione <3 Travelling/ History geek/ TV show addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred is awesome View Post

'Yeah, it's awesome over there!' Then Rose laughed. 'So, he reached the top shelf for you, huh?' Rose laughed.

'That's Witsy. That's the one he dumped for me.' Rose said bluntly. 'I'm surprised she took him back, he left her for me, then tried to go out with someone else, then went out with a different person, then told another girl he liked her, then, when all options were out, he went back to her.' Rose laughed.
'Yes, he did. Why do I have to be so tiny?' Ari laughed, although besides being amused she was also rather upset, since everyone seemed to have grown considerably over the summer except for her. She hoped no one would take her for a first year!

Ari's head started spinning after she had asked about Witsy. She noticed Mordred's confused look and chuckled, realizing she was almost as confused as him. Which meant she really needed to spend more time amongst girls. 'So...let me see if I get this. He dated Witsy, broke up with her and dated you afterwards. After you two broke up, he dated three more girls before returning to the same Witsy?' she asked for clarification. Ariadne wondered when William had the time to go to classes and do homework with so much dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebragirl View Post
Emily laughed. "I dunno. Just as long as their not getting taller. I hate when people think I'm younger than I actually am." She was 13 for merlins sake! And just the other day someone asked if she was a first year. She hated being so small.

Emily squealed and almost jumped up in glee. "No way! You mam owns a bookshop?!" She was so excited she had met a fellow book lover like Ari. "If I knew someone who owned a book shop I don't think I'd ever leave!" she laughed. She wasn't kidding though. "Read many muggle books? I did before, of course, I got my letter." That really may her sound like a muggle born, but she didn't care. Wuthering Heights was one of her favourite books - She was even named after it!

She continued to roll the glow stick beween her hands as she smirked at Ari's reaction. "Thanks. I haven't really given it much thought to be honest, I just know they're my favourite magical creature... hey, if you ever need the heartstring for you wands..." She laughed again at the thought. How did they do that anyway?
Another thing Ari could relate to! 'I know what you mean! I'm so annoyed that all of my friends seem to have grown a lot during the summer, but I'm basically the same size as I was last year. I'm dreading that people will assume I'm a first year.' she sighed. 'But at least compared to me, you do look 13, if that makes you feel better.' It was intended as a compliment, though it came out weird.

'It's not big or anything, it's just a regular village bookshop, except for the fact that it only sells magical books. I didn't really have the chance to read Muggle books.' Ariadne admitted. 'Last year in Muggle Studies when we were discussing Muggle fairytales I felt lost.' Which was a bitter feeling for someone like Ariadne, who wanted to be good at everything.

Ari laughed heartily at Emily's joke. 'Then I'll know who to come to.' she finished the sentence. 'Do you know what kind of training it takes to work with dragons?' the girl wondered, pretty sure that a mere Hogwarts graduate was not ready for that without supplementary training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
Mordred smiled at her. "I'm not into socializing really, but it can get very boring." And lonely. He thought. "Who knew hugs can be great. Weird at first but it's calming." he said blushing a little. "I-I'm sorry I'm blabbing. It's just that, it's...well, new to me." he said looking away.

"Of course, your head of house! I plan on visiting the library as soon as Hogwarts is open." Mordred then kept the manuscript. "I made a promise to Julian that I will return it to him if I fail on finding information about it." he said. "Oh, Julian is my cousin from Durmstrang. I'm not sure if I mentioned him to you already."

Mordred smirked and turned to see where the blond boy went. "Well, he was a coward. He thought I wasn't going to tell it to his face." Mordred grinned. "I was expecting more from him, since he was the one who confronted me." he said shaking his head. "What a prat." he thought.

"By the way, Rose and I will get something to eat. You have to come along with us." Mordred smiled. "I don't know anything about muggle junk food." he said as he eyed the food stalls. Well, he's up for the challenge. He's one growing boy after all. "I don't know what's happening to me. I'm always hungry!" he confessed.
'Before Hogwarts I had my mum around and my neighbours, but when I started school I realized I needed to be more sociable because I knew no one and it was indeed boring.' Ari admitted, aware that Mordred and herself had more in common than she had thought initially. When the boy mentioned the qualities of a hug and then looked away, Ari thought he was really cute, but refrained herself from saying that out loud.

Back to talking about Madam Donovan, a safe and neutral topic of conversation. 'She was acting weird at the end of the year, but I trust she's back to normal now. I'm sure she'll be able to help.Then you can pride yourself in solving the mystery before your cousin. You've mentioned your cousins before, but not by name, I think. How are they?'Aaand, how's Chloe?' Ariadne asked, remembering what Mordred needed from the stationery shop the day they've met.

'A Gryffindor coward.' Ari replied bitterly. 'Why does he have to be in our House?' she complained. But if she considered all circumstances, the boy had earned a lot of points for Gryffindor, which was possibly why Ari disliked him even more, as he had more points than herself. But Gryffindor didn't get the Cup, so what did it matter,anyway? Right?

Ari appreciated the invitation, but asked cautiously: 'Are you sure you want me to tag along? I don't want to be a bother.' Mordred and Rose have set that plan before seeing her at the carnival, so it was polite to ask first.