View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
z999993
Gryffindor
Imp

Matt Lanter/The Dark Side/Anakin Skywalker/ Underland/Hookah Smoking Caterpillar

Hmmm. Well there's not that many replies... Anyways here's the next part!

Ginny was right. Absolutely every hallway was empty. There were no Death Eaters, no ghosts, no professors; The three Gryffindors were probably the only ones awake in the whole castle. The three tip-toed down the corridor that led to the headmaster’s office. Ginny took the lead, with Neville right behind her, and Carter taking the rear. He was constantly looking over his shoulder, checking to make sure the hallways were still clear. Occasionally a suit of armour shifted it’s position to face them, but for the most part they paid no attention to the students who were sneaking around the corridors after curfew.
When they finally reached the gargoyle that stood guard, Carter could feel it’s stone eyes passing over them.
“Yes?” It questioned.
“Is Professor Snape is his office?” Ginny asked casually.
“The Headmaster is... asleep.” It drawled in a slow and gritty voice.
“Yes but is he in his office?”
The gargoyle looked to be annoyed. It blinked two sleepy eyes.
“The headmaster is asleep.” It repeated.
“We need to get in there.” Said Neville, flicking his wand towards the room that laid behind the door it protected.
“Password?” The gargoyle asked.
“It’s an emergency.” Neville continued.
The gargoyle said nothing for a minute. Then it said yet again. “Password?”
The three kids exchanged looks.
“Just say something.” Said Carter.
Ginny and Neville glanced each other, and the next minute they’re all saying different words, anything that might have been in the running. They’re voices blurred together, and after a couple of minutes, the gargoyle leapt aside with a look of disapproval.
“We got it.” Said Neville, almost incredulously. “That was… easy.”
Single file, they walked into the office. Carter took a good look around, taking in the sleeping portraits on the walls, the large desk looming in front of him, and the picture of Dumbledore directly behind it. A glint of red caught his eye, and he spotted Godric Gryffindor’s sword gleaming in a glass case.
Ginny noticed this too, and elbowed Neville in the arm.
The boy eyed the case cautiously then said. “Great. Now how do we get it?”
“We just take it.” Said Ginny matter-of-factly.
Carter grabbed her upper arm before she took a step forward. “Don’t you think there will be protections around it?” he asked.
“I don’t think so.” She replied slowly, but her brown eyes narrowed slightly. “Snape probably thought that a student wouldn’t even try to break into his office.”
“Maybe… but still… Even if we get it, what do we do with it?” he questioned.
“Get it to Harry.” Ginny said simply. She walked forward to the case to get a closer look. Neville moved to stand next to her, leaving Carter to stand by himself in the middle of the office. He glanced over his shoulder to make sure the office door was still closed, then quickly walked over to them.
“But what do we do with it until then?”
“We’ll hide it.” Neville said. “Here help us.” Even as he was speaking, he was pulling out his wand. Carter heard him mutter ‘Wingardium Leviosa’ under his breath, and as the glass case shuttered, Ginny whipped out her own wand and helped to steady the case as it floated into the air.
“Grab it.” Ginny hissed.
Carter took a deep breath before wrapping his hands around the jeweled hilt. The case set back down with a light ‘clang’, and the two Gryffindors turned to smile at Carter.
“Let’s go.” He murmured, offering the ancient artifact to Neville.

Was that ok?
We could be the best of friends I’m sure of it
But I’m too shy to cross this crowded room besides
Wallflower --------------
I’m not here, no one sees me
Wallflower --------------
I’m by myself, please excuse me

~o0o~