Thread: Other: A Phoenix Sister - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 AM   #88 (permalink)
Star Child
Hufflepuff
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brielle Hart
Fifth Year
Default Chapter 39

Chapter 39: DESTROY THE WRAPPED PAPER!!!! :evillaugh

Once we were on the near empty road leading to Hogsmead I put the invisibility cloak away.

"What are you doing?!" Harry hissed at me.

"Relax" I pulled the hood up on an old pink jacket that Hermione had given me, "Anyone who sees me won't care, and anyone that cares won't see me," I sounded like I was lecturing him, but he smiled at my words.

"Wise words for a TWELVE year old," he put his arm around my shoulder and hugged me tight. I stared down at my feet, pounding the dying grass.

"Actually," I leaned in tighter to Harry. I could smell the fresh lavender I knew Kreacher was putting into his laundry, "This would really be my seventeenth birthday," I said sadly.

The three of us abruptly stopped walking. Ginny gave Harry an I'm-always-right look, "Good thing I thought of that," Harry gave her a peck on that cheek as he reached into his Bag of Wonders.

"Your seventeenth birthday present," Harry handed me a carefully wrapped package. I walked over to a bench on the side of the path. The gift was covered in a luminescent gold paper. There was a message scribbled in Harry's messy print.

To my not so little sister happy 17th

I smiled, and my eyes started to water. So, being very sure that I wouldn't rip the message, I began to destroy the thin layer of paper in-between me and my very first birthday presents.

Out of the story for a second, how mad would you be if I stopped the post right there? Just a thought. Ok, RESUME STORYTELLING----

In there very center of the box was a gold watch. There were stars instead of numbers, and I was getting the impression that I had just taken part of a great tradition.

Harry tapped on my shoulder, and held up a battered twin of my watch. There were dents and scratches on his that I knew had come from problems handed down from others before him. Even though his was badly worn it had survived with all of its parts. But an adventure I knew my watch would have, filled with its own parts.

So thank you for reading, and also thank you for not beheading me for my interruption . Anyway, what did you think? Personally I'm just proud of myself for posting in a 'normal' time span, just kidding. I don't do normal (I've always wanted to use that spell....I mean smilie