View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
HarryPotterQuidditch
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordan Kobe
Fifth Year
I Can Accept Failure. But I Can't Accept Not Trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented_death_eater View Post
Rex took the papers. "Thank you, Xavier," he replied and began reading the applications. Everything looked fine until . . . .

"These are extensions for already existing patents that were due to expire."

He didn't say another word and he flipped to the final page where there was a list of items that would use the patents.

Sigh.

And people say that working in Patents is a boring job.

"Everyone - put your work to one side. We need to find the original patents for these," he announced and held the papers in the air. "They were approved six years ago for seemingly harmless gadgety-type objects - you know, the kind of cheap trinkets that kids love to buy. From what is in these applications, it appears that hexes and jinxes are used."

Rex gave the employees a stern look. "We don't have any time to waste - start looking. I'll be back in a moment to help you."

He quickly left the room.

Xavier was stunned by this news provided by Mr. Vindictus, his boss. Someone, in the Ludicrous Patents Office had approved two applications containning foolish childish rubbish in them, awhile back ago. This had Xavier worried, real worried. He began to feel his tummy rumble in anxiousness, he really needed to find and secure a way to calm down without overreacting or exploding. So he put all the applications that haven't been accepted nor denied, below his desk, under his chair by the lowest silver cabinet. He thought to himself, "I've got my work cut out for me, this time." Although, it really wasn't his fault, for accepting a patent including hexes and jinxes in the application. As Mr. Vindictus stated, they were approved six years ago, which meant, someone else in the Ministry had approved the patent.

While he was searching for the original patent form in the big stack of papers he had including other patents, he seemed as if time was going by very slow. He sighed, "Man, If only I could find this patent. Some slicky git, that is." He was looking and looking for a mere, thirty to thirty five minutes, maybe more, when he came to a stop. He had noticed something, rather lucky for him "Wait a minute......" He paused, and looked at the form. "This patent, has everything that was described in the previous patent application. Hexes, Jinxes and all." Xavier was relieved he had managed to find one of the original patents. Now all they had to do was find the other.

However, Mr. Vindictus had left the room for the time being. So he put the patent application, in a empty space. He managed to grab a sticky note and wrote, Wanted Patent. When Mr. Vindictus came back, he would report that he thinks he had found a direct match to the extension application that he found and discovered earlier. He was excited to see that he, had found one of them, the original patent forms. But, however, Xavier was still pretty anxious to find the other. But he knew if he didn't, surely someone would at the Ludicrous Patents Office would. As there were dozens of workers looking and trying to find the original patents.