View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
crookshanks_kitty
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parmis
Fifth Year
carrot lover (not) // torturously friendly // secret spy // HP nerd // <3 sparkles // who am I?

Hey my awesome readers. I personally really enjoyed writing this particular entry. As usual, please let me know of who you think the character is and if you have any suggestions for later entries. Thank ya'll!

Two Sides to a Coin

Welcome!” the woman enthused as she gave him a friendly hug. It took them long to break apart, he wanted to stay in her arms forever. He never thought he would ever again get the chance to look in the emerald green. He sniffed on the scarlet mane of long silky locks and relished the fragrance that he was so familiar with. The scent of lilies reawaked so many memories of his past, of a person he used to be, of an old friend he knew so well, or not so well. He only began to read the concealed text behind the cover of this thick book. Poor guy, he never really knew how unfaithful time was until he was betrayed by it quite unexpectedly. However, it already felt like so long ago. It seemed silly to dwell on the past, what has happened will never be undone. Time only moves forward and speaking of time, he had plenty to his benefit.

He felt young, younger than he had ever felt. He had finally stepped over the threshold of life and here he stood with the road of forever trailed in front of him, he had a long way to go. He smiled. Perhaps it was time for him to move on and leave behind the desires he once fantasized upon in his life held in captivity of restrictions and boundaries. He had already crossed that stage of existence and now he was free to create and live the impossible. A smile of satisfaction lit up on his face. She smiled along with him. Their silence carried so many unsaid words, words which he had kept quite in his head for so long to speak them at this particular moment, yet he kept quite. It felt just right. He had no regrets. And she understood. Sometimes a mute conversation conveyed its message much better than any invented words or many pages of text. She felt what he felt and that was enough.

There he stood standing face to face with a woman he loved all his waking life. His love had for the most part paralleled a hatred which was inevitable. Only now did he realize loathing towards the one who loves your beloved is wrong. Destiny had formulas, sometimes some absurd formulas. You don’t necessarily have to be good in math to understand it. You would eventually.

Speaking of the devil, there he was. He walked out from the mist and stood beside her. They stared. Some things would never change, even after the end. He took in a deep breath, gathered his courage and like a real man stepped forward. A real man accepts failure, but strangely enough he did not feel like a loser. For once, he met his match as equals. They had nothing to lose; they had both moved passed their hostility. He held out his hand and the man who once used to be his rival shook it.

“Thank you for everything,” the man said.

“Don’t mention it. It was not by force, I cared as well.” He explained to his defense. The man was taken aback. He smiled a smile which was strikingly similar to his youngster. Then his forehead creased. It looked as if he was undergoing an internal conflict to put his thoughts into words. Then when he found the right word to speak he simply said, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be, you’ve done nothing wrong. In fact, I should be the one to apologies. My faith lies in your hands. You are free to make your decision. Am I forgiven brother?” A silence followed. The woman and the man exchanged meaningful looks and then they spoke in unison.

“By all means.”

And with that they walked in separate directions, the woman hand in hand with her partner and the lone man towards the light.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He curled in the corner of a page in the centre of his potions text book, not quite paying attention to what he was doing. The sound of the professor’s voice was monotonous and he no longer made the effort to keep track of what he was saying. The voices of the students who spoke out to participate by answering questions were lost in the background. His chin resting on one hand and with the other hand he started tapping his quill onto the crumpled parchment.

Someone nudged him from one side which caused his head to slip off of his hand and spill over the ink on top of his essay.

“What?” he demanded in an irritated tone.

“He’s calling you,” his classmate gestured to the front of the class where the professor gave him a questioning glare and frowned at the mess he had created on his desk.

“Well as it appears, all this time I was speaking to myself and you were in the least bit interested in what I had to teach you after a half an hour worth of my occasional long lectures. Pity, I did think it’d fascinate you as much as it enthralled me. How discouraging. And unfortunately my excitement has ceased with your uncharacteristic behaviour. So—” he paused purposely with an implying edge to his voice, “you have any justified excuse to your defense?” he smirked and tightened his gaze on the boy.

It seemed like he wasn’t the only one who had gone quite. The whole class fell silent in anticipation to his response. Not a pin drop could be heard and all the eyes which were staring at him from all sides felt like penetrating needles. It did not take long for the silence to be broken by a familiar voice he detested with all his life.

“Well sir, its obvious isn’t it? If you ask me, I think he’s love sick!” Laughter erupted from all corners of the classroom. He grinded his teeth and clutched his fist reflexively. He could hear them calling him the same names he had got used to hearing over time. It appeared like everyone was making fun of him except one person. He looked at her from the corner of his eyes and she buried her head in her text book.

The rest of the class dragged more quietly than before. His feet itched with the desire to get up and leave as soon as the professor dismissed the whole class. He didn’t look anyone in the eye. Then just as the class ended, he immediately got up to dart out of the door when a voice kept him rooted to the spot. He turned around in response to his name being called and she stood a meter away from him, hugging her text book and binders across her chest. She did not look up at him. Though he couldn’t help but stare.

“I need to talk to you. Meet me by the paved courtyard at seven.” And with that she left the classroom. Just as she brushed past him in a swift, a tiny folded paper fell out of her binder. She took no notice of it. He made to retrieve it from the ground before footsteps ran over it but once he got up, too late she was already gone.

Out of curiosity he stayed behind in class and unfolded the paper to see what was written in there. It was her smooth cursive handwriting; there was no doubt about that. He allowed his wondering eyes to peek further. Soon he was reading the whole text. It was a letter.

I know when you will be reading this, it’s already too late. I should have let you known earlier. After so long, I can no longer risk keeping my feelings a secret for the fear losing you—” his heart skipped a beat. Surely she was talking about him. That’s probably what she was planning to tell him by the courtyard. His pounding heart rate picked up in paste and he quickly read on. “I’m afraid that if I don’t tell you this now, someone else will. I know I’m not the only one captivated by your brilliance. You sure know how to charm women. I love you…” there went his hopes crashing down with a loud shatter. He could almost hear the sound of his heart breaking into pieces.

No it mustn’t be true. Why was the name of this idiot printed down instead of his? He read and reread the name. Then the realization sank in. He had high expectations. Of course she never loved him, and he was too lost in his fantasies to assume that she did. He was not brilliant, not popular, and most certainly did not know how to charm women. He was a loser. At least that’s what he used to think when he was mistaken. Destiny plays nasty games.

-Ava. G-

------------------------------------------------

SPOILER!!: Reply to Previous Comments
Quote:
Oh yet again I love it. These are so amazing. I think the character is Bellatrix.

Great job. Pams

Sarah
Thanks Sarah! I'm glad you liked it. And as for the character... I think I'll confirm it here. Yes! You were right! It was Bella.

Quote:
I was going to say the character was Bella, right?
Brilliantly written and i enjoyed reading this
PAMS

Eviee <33
Thank you Evie! And yes, you were right as well. The character was indeed Bella the meanie!

Last edited by crookshanks_kitty; 07-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.