View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Droo

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybird View Post
How fluent is fluent? 'Cos I've got a pretty strong background in my language when it comes to reading it and somewhat in writing it; however, because I don't have the key board to type it with our letters, I always spell out the words with the English alphabet. Ah well, good luck to those that apply. I can't wait to see what other cultures we get to blend with in the forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxilocks View Post
Spelling out words with the English aplhabet is fine! In fact, it's done in several of the language forums. If you can read and converse in a language, consider yourself fluent in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraQuinn View Post
See, now I'm starting to doubt myself. I can work my way through long conversations and the such. And I read Harry Potter in German and stuff but I'm still unsure if I'm fluent.
So I consider fluent if you are able to express yourself readily and effortlessly in that language, you are fluent. If we get an article on HP in your language, we may ask for a translation for the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookshanks_kitty View Post
Wow that's great! Good luck to everyone who applies. I was wondering though— as I'm still uncertain about this— does this only apply for language forums which are already present? Can I make a new forum if I know another language fluently which is not already listed? I'd love to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniiz View Post
Yes, you can have your own forum if you have ten willing members to set it up with. (Not necessarily the speakers of the language but members who are willing to have it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristygen View Post
Yes, just PM Droo and ask her what she requires to add a new forum. We have done that in past and always welcome new languages as long as enough interested in is shown.

Good luck to those applying! Language Mod was actually my first job on SS! And now it's the only one again. hehe
Hey everyone, here is the procedure for creating a new forum:

Quote:
I was looking through the Dept. of Magical Cooperation earlier today and was wondering why isn't there a _________ Language Forum.
There are hundreds of languages in the world - but there isn't a need for every one on SnitchSeeker. If you feel that you would like to open a language forum you will need to have at least one member fluent, along with a list of at least ten members who would be interested in participating. Please contact the current Language Admin for further instructions on setting up a Language Forum.
Thanks!