View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
PatInTheHat

DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maximiliano Delgado
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Topher Fakiris
Accidents & Catastrophes

x6 x3
Default Everyone!
Browncoat l Extra Syrup l Kita's Strong Confident Other Half l Lemon Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redifer View Post
Short, sweet to the point. Wonderful, this man would be easy to work with. "Great." The woman scanned the room once more, maybe Noah was out today. Thank Merlin!

"Yes Mr. Belmonte, I am Medea Ward. I am the one that requested time to speak with you about appointing someone to the position of Magical Environment Regulation and Protection Liaison." The dark haired woman wondered if the random workers within earshot heard her. This is somewhat of a promotion for them. Granted they'd have to manage their current position and the Liaison position, but a promotion never the less. Promotion means more money, and more responsibility.

Medea waited; did the Department Head really want to discuss this in front of all these people? They would need to review the employee’s files, personal information and education level. Surely this was a conversation for his office, unless of course he has already decided upon a person.
Ah. That right. Rafael remembered receiving that owl. Removing his wand from its holster, he flicked it at his office door that clicked unlocked. "I remember Miss Ward. If you'll step into my office I'll be there in a moment to discuss the position." He spared the woman the faintest of smiles before turning his attention back to his employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Kaishu frowned, but only slightly. He figured that that would be the man's response. Still, it wouldn't hurt SOME people to freshening up a bit more often. He shot a glance at Water-buffalo man who had come stomping in only moments earlier. "Just to clarify, I am not implying that we have any sort of heavy metal blaring in the background," he nodded. "Something classic with a little bit of rhythm. Something that sounds earthy and authentic." He knew of a few underground Wizarding groups that fit this category. The Hippogriff's Talon, Tears of the Phoenix, Cabbage Chompers...all had studied tribal music before creating their own unique sound.

He then furrowed his brow a bit more as he listened to the other comments. "Perhaps, what we need is something more on the social side of things. Something small," he swiveled around in his chair to look around a bit. "I think we can all agree that we have the liviest of offices in the Ministry, and adding too much may take away from the nature and plants we already have." No need to make the poor plants feel bad. Merlin....WHAT WAS HE SAYING?! Water-buffalo man was rubbing off on him. "Something small to increase work ethic. For example, perhaps starting a candy bowl in the office that can stay some other central location. Rotate the task of filling the candy bowl each week so we can each contribute. Or, perhaps set up a toy basketball hoop or a dartboard like Muggles have somewhere in a central location so we can take a shot as we walk by. We could even keep a scoreboard by the game to make things interesting. Friendly competition never hurt anyone and besides, all work and no play will quickly turn us all into shriveled weeds."

Again with the plant analogies...CLEARLY Buffalo was to blame.

Kaishu's attention was swayed with a pretty little miss entered the office and he bowed his head to her. Oh, she was hear to speak with the boss. Kaishu took a sip of his water and continued to observe.

Perhaps she wanted a CD? Yes?
Who were now speaking. Or at least one of them. Rafael considered Kaishu's words for a moment before replying. "I wouldn't be opposed to a candy bowl in the waiting room for visitors, and all of you are more than welcome to have candy or small snacks on your desks. However. The moment they attract bugs, they go. All of it." The LAST thing he wanted in his work room was bugs.

And creatures.

"Your other ideas seem more suited for our break room." Because that was just too much of a distraction to have in his work room, but he could compromise. "There currently are no games there. A few games wouldn't hurt." He mused as he shifted off the wall and glanced at all his workers.

"I have business that needs tending to, but I'd like for you guys to go ahead and start working on the game room, corridor, and waiting area." He looked at his Ranger Director. "Kaishu, I'd like you to take the other Rangers, Permitting Officers, Executives, and Elias to the break room and work on that area. You'll be overseeing the assignment. Only the things we agreed on though." No salons.

He turned his gaze to Rainbow. "Rain, I'm leaving you in charge of the rest of the divisions to decorate the corridor. Nothing to extravagant or too big." He paused briefly to consider his next set of words. "I'll let you two mature men decide who'll place an appropriate amount of candy in the waiting area."

Now he should go see to the woman heading to his office, he waved his employees off dismissively. "You may start working now. I expect something to be started by the time my meeting is over." Turning his back to his workers, trusting they could be left alone, he headed into his office.

______________We'll live while we're young We'll chase down the sun _________________________