Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
Default Chapter Six: Lucky Number Seven
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Thanks Connie

I woke up to the sound of an owl hooting near my ear. I opened one of my eyes to see Harry's owl Hedwig staring at both of us. Harry's invisibility cloak had been thrown over the bottom half of our bodies, making us look like we had no legs. I looked up at Hedwig and chuckled slightly.

"Don't worry Hedwig. We still have our legs."

The owl gave a little hoot before turning around so we could have some privacy. I rolled over to look at Harry, who had forgotten to take his glasses off. They were askew on his face, and taking my right hand I rightened them. Harry jerked awake at the action, looking around somewhat frantically before he spotted me with an amused expression on my face.

"We better get going. It is the first day of classes after all," I said with a little smile.

"Ahh, but we have no classes this morning," said Harry, flopping down.

"Actually, I think we may be able to have potions," I said.

"And what makes you think that?"

"Well I heard Professor McGonagall telling another sixth year that Professor Slughorn accepts students that have gotten E's on their O.W.L.s which means we could take potions this term."

"And why would we want to suffer through potions if we don't have to?" asked Harry, already starting to roll back over.

"Because," I said, giving him a little shove, "if you take potions you can continue on with your dream to become an auror."

Harry rolled back over and looked at me. "I see your point." Harry paused for a moment, shot a glance at the small clock on my nightstand, and looked back at me. "Alright, let's go."

I opened the curtain slowly, but found that the entire dormitory was completely empty. Of course, I could have just as easily deciphered that from the lack of thoughts outside of my own and Harry's.

"How are you this morning?" Harry asked, standing up and walking towards me.

I gave a shrug. "No point in crying anymore over something that I can't change. It's sad, but I don't think my mom wants to be his puppet, and as her daughter I should be the one to save her from that."

Harry gave a little nod. "I'll be here to support you the whole way, as I always am."

I gave Harry a warm smile before pulling open the curtain around us. We both went into our appropriate bathrooms and showered, changing into our Hogwarts robes before heading downstairs. Ron was already in the common room, surprisingly, and was reading the Daily Prophet. He looked up upon our arrival and smiled at me warmly.

"Hermione had History of Magic this morning, so I went and had breakfast with her," said Ron.

"We were thinking we should take Potions," said Harry, shooting me a mock annoyed look.

"But we didn't get Outstanding on our O.W.L.s...well you did Abby, but Harry and I didn't."

"Professor Slughorn will accept Excellents as well," I said with a smile.

"Alright, might as well go Harry. That way we can still try and become aurors."

"That was Abby's thoughts," Harry said, taking my hand in his.

"Well, let's get going then. While I am sure Professor Slughorn will be nicer than Snape, it's best not to be late," I said with a little smile towards them both.

The three of us walked out of the portrait and down towards the dungeons. I was pleased to see that I was back to being able to block out the thoughts of people as I passed them, and felt even better knowing that Harry could now hold my hand without piercing pain going through my entire body. The three of us just kept us small talk the entire walkway until we ran into Hermione.

"There you three are," said Hermione, coming towards us with that frazzled look that she always has when her mind is going through all the homework she has to do.

"Are you two coming to Potions?" Hermione asked. "I saw Professor McGonagall and she said..."

"Yeah, yeah, we know," said Ron, cutting her off before she could finish.

"Oh good. Well, let's get going then," Hermione said with a smile.

The dungeons were just as dark and gloomy as they had been last year, even without Professor Snape in them. As we approached the door to the classroom Professor Slughorn came into view, his rotund body giggling with laughter as he conversed with a boy from Hufflepuff whose name I couldn't recall. He looked up when he saw us and smiled at us brightly.

"Hello, hello," he said to us with another laugh as we entered into the classroom. He gave me a little nod, of which I returned. I could tell from his thoughts that Professor Slughorn enjoyed adding students to his collection, people that would bring him fame and fortune, and to him Harry and I would be incredibly valuable.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go