View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
crookshanks_kitty
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parmis
Fifth Year
carrot lover (not) // torturously friendly // secret spy // HP nerd // <3 sparkles // who am I?

Quote:
Thank you Ava, for those wonderful comments. I am sorry for the long delay in responding to these comments. Of you and Ottery’s, I needed to be especially careful so as not to seem like I was making little of J.K. Rowling’s writing, because I think she is one of the most brilliant writers that I’ve ever read.
It was my pleasure Connie. I cosidered myself honoured to have the chance of reading your brilliant writing.

Quote:
I was slightly disappointed in the content of JK’s, thirty-forth chapter in, “The Deathly Hallows” ‘The Forrest Again’. Only that it seemed to me she was in too much of a hurry to add what I think Harry would have thought about immediately after viewing Snape’s memory. After all, most of the whole last book was Harry’s struggle’s with his hurt, disappointment, bitterness, … in how Dumbledore had deceived him, and didn’t really love him….
Actually, to be honest, I was slightly dissapointed in that too. I was expecting her to describe Harry's feelings and his overview on life more in detail as it reached the climax of the whole series and after all that he went through. It wasn't only about concluding the last book, but more about summing up the overal story of Harry potter, the story of his life, his transition from a child to a man, and his overall perspective on how the occurences of his life lead him to where he was standing then, facing his enemy. Sure, she did mention that it was love that was on his side, but it took him so long to figure that out by himself and I think she needed to make that more realistic and comprehensible by the readers to relate to him and get them to think, you know what, I'd definitely feel what he's feeling now if I was in his situation. She needed to make that confusion that naturally Harry as a human being would be feeling at that point more believable. That sudden determination cannot be attained easily and she makes him sound too heroic and selfless. But again, that's what I think and others might have a different opinion on that.

Quote:
I think his first thoughts would have been just what I wrote. I think he was stunned and confused. And why wouldn’t he think of his getting a life, living it, and then thinking of what he will miss in the future? I don’t think he would have rehashed the whole year of what he felt Dumbledore thought of him, and being bitter that he didn’t die all the times he escaped death, or die like his parents or Hedwig died.
Completely agree!