Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Hey Allison. All I can say is oh my goodness! OK, so her mom bonded to her so that if Voldemort dies then he will come back to life and her mom will die, but being bonded to Abby she will come back to life and Abby will die? Voldemort is willing to be killed so that these things will happen, thus killing Abby so she can't be a help to Harry? He sure is a piece of work isn't he!
I'm anxious to find out what Dumbledore means by this:The part where Voldemort doubts the ability to defy things. I think he has an ability to defy death seeing as he has Horcruxes. (just what is the plural of Horcrux?) Anyway, Dumbledore always knows so much more than the tidbits he gives Harry, and Abby, even Snape to an extent.
Well, Allison this was an intense chapter. It is heartbreaking to think of having to kill her mother. But this is what I don't understand. Won't they be playing right into Voldemort's hands by killing her mom, sense she will come back to life, and Abby will die? Or will they have to do it while she sleeps or something to keep her from changing into the Phoenix?
Can't wait to read your next chapter. I'll be watching.
Perhaps in order for this to make more sense I should be using the word connection instead of bond for Abby and her mother. Abby and her mom aren't bonded in the way that her mother is bonded to Voldemort. Abby and her mother are merely connected kind of like how Voldemort and Harry are connected to one another. You know how Harry can see into Voldemort's thoughts? Well Abby will be able to see into her mother's in the same way. So, theoretically speaking, if they kill Voldemort and Abby's mother dies, then that's it. Her mother would be dead. It wouldn't impact Abby at all. I hope this helps to clear things up

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go