Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
Default Chapter Five: Truth Hurts
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

I didn't know how long I had been out cold, but by the time I had opened my eyes Professor Snape and Professor Flitwick had appeared at the bed by me. Professor McGonagall looked so concerned I could have sworn there were tears forming in her eyes. I shifted my gaze, which was slightly fuzzy to Professor Dumbledore, whose hand I now noticed was placed on the bed next to mine.

"Abby?" Professor Dumbledore said.

"Professor Dumbledore?" I said, my voice sounding rather scratchy. "What's happening?"

"It has to do with your mother."

"What about my mother?" I asked him, not understanding. "Did something happen to her?"

"Yes...she has made an eternal bond."

"A what?" I asked, struggling to keep myself from falling back into the deep, bottomless pit that I had just been in.

"A bond. Every phoenix animagi has the ability to form a bond with another person, but only if the person has magic in them. The process to creating such a bond is excruciatingly painful, which is why most phoenix animgais choose never to do it."

"So why would someone make the bond if its so painful to them?"

"Because of the rewards that come from making such a bond. The more powerful the witch or wizard the animagi makes the bond with the stronger their own abilities become. The bond allows the animagi to be so connected with the other person that they can always sense where they are and what they're feeling. They can tap into the person's magical abilities and vice versa."

Everyone in the room was completely silent as Dumbledore spoke, their eyes on me rather than him.

"So you think my mother made this bond?"

"From the physical pain that you were experiencing I have no doubts that she made the bond," said Dumbledore, his facial expression difficult for me to read. I was pleased to find that the fuzziness of the room was now gone so I could see the people around me clearly.

I was quiet for a couple of moments, my mind trying to process what I knew, and everyone else knew that Dumbledore was saying.

"My mother made the bond with Voldemort," I said, my eyes shifting down to my hands which were even paler than usual.

"Given the situation and how advantageous it would be for him, yes, I believe so."

"And the boy in my dreams is Voldemort isn't it?"

Dumbledore nodded. "I need to apologize to you Abby. I should have known that one you started accessing these memories between your mother and Voldemort that that meant they were getting ready to seal the bond. I guess a part of me was wishfully thinking that I was wrong."

"So basically because my mother made this bond that means that Voldemort is even more powerful than he was before?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"Yes, he will be much more powerful."

I clenched my hands into fist, my body starting to shake in anger. How could my mother do this to me? How could she perform such an act that would help the very man that was trying to kill Harry and hundreds of other people for the mere pleasure of it all?

"Abby, I know this may be frustrating for you, but I do believe that Voldemort has your mother under some kind of influence that is making her go along with all of this. You and I both saw the look in your mother's eyes last year, and it doesn't take an auror to realize that something was missing."

I nodded my head. "But obviously my mother and Voldemort had something since those visions I had were not of them none, but when they were my age or even younger."

Dumbledore leaned his body so that more of his weight was against the bed. "Your mother and Voldemort were very close during their school years at Hogwarts despite my efforts to stop it."

"But how could my mother like such a man?" I asked, not understanding how anyone could find Voldemort attractive.

"Well that is what I am hoping we will be able to find out. Abby, what happened to you is a sign that you are still connected to your mother through your magic. You can choose to ignore it or try to explore it. I believe that this connection could help us get insight into what Voldemort may be planning, and why Voldemort after all these years has decided that now is the time he needs your mother's help."

"So what exactly is it that you need me to do?" I asked. "It's not like I have control over when I get these visions."

"No, you don't have control, but your mother's mind will be very vulnerable these next couple of weeks as she struggles to adjust to the new strength of her powers."

"Which means getting into her head won't be as difficult," I said, nodding in understanding.

Dumbledore gave me a gentle nod. "I don't want you to try and access her mind by yourself however, because I don't know how deep you'll be able to go, and how far the connection between you and your mother really is."

"But you think it's pretty far?"

"Given that you were physically experiencing the pain that she was feeling while they were performing the bond...yes I believe it is very far."

All of us were quiet for a couple of moments, letting the situation sink in.

"Harry will be in even more danger now, won't he?" I asked Dumbledore.

Dumbledore gave me another little nod.

"I could do the bond right?" I asked Dumbledore.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go