View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

"America? I always loved playing State-side," Kaishu said getting a somewhat wild look in his head. He suddenly had the urge to flip his hair around and perhaps jump on a desk or two while playing some air guitar, but that wouldn't go over to well he figured.

He looked back at Damon and a boyish grin appeared on his face. "Naw, before I was the Assistant Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. You can probably guess, but it is amazing some of the things wizards will come up with. One bloke had enchanted a muggle vacuum to sing the time time and insult whoever walked by it and then plopped it right in the middle of a muggle electronics store." He chuckled and shook his head to toss his hair around a bit.

"But, I delved into other areas of work," he winked flicking his eyes towards the CDs in question and picking one of them up and handing it to the kid. Perhaps he had heard of them? "My best mate and I formed the band back when we were both in Hogwarts. We had an American Tour back during out peak," he sighed. "Those were the golden days."

"What about you, little sir? You always been the Environmental type?" Kaishu asked eyeing the boy's hair. Judging from the looks of it...that seemed to be the case. He tried not to wrinkle his nose at the poor hair particles that were craving a good avocado moose bath.
Damon couldn't help but smirk as a slightly rebellious expression played across Kaishu's face when he admitted he loved state side. He listened with interest as Kaishu relayed the singing vacuum story, shaking his head slightly. "It is amusing to see the kinds of things wizards will do with muggle objects. I'm sure the muggles didn't appreciate being insulted, let alone by a rogue vacuum machine." Damon himself hadn't had much experience with muggles, but from traveling in the Transportation Department in the states he had come in contact with muggles on multiple occasions, and in all honesty he didn't really mind them. In some ways he envied their less complicated lives.

Damon gave a little nod as Kaishu told him what the CDs were. "That's pretty awesome," Damon said with a smile. "I don't really listen to much music, other than simple piano or classical pieces, but I'd be willing to give it a listen if you'd like?" Damon smiled at the man warmly, not wanting to reach out and just take a CD, but kindly letting him know that if he wanted to give him one, Damon would accept it.

Damon couldn't help but run a hand through his somewhat shaggy hair as Kaishu shot it a somewhat concerned look. "I actually worked in the Department of Transportation back in the states, which was nice since I got to do a lot of sight seeing, but really it wasn't my kind of thing. I've always loved plants, gardening, hiking...things like that. So, needless to say I was quite happy when I found out they were hiring. I was going to wait until after work to go into my garden this morning, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give my plants some watering before I left. A stray gnome, which I'm still not sure where he's come from, threw some soil at my head when I wasn't paying attention. I got most of it out, but I was in a bit of a hurry...guess there's nothing wrong with a little bit of soil dust when you'll be working near the greenhouses, right?"

Damon gave out a nervous little chuckle. He kept good hygiene: he smelled good, dressed in a very quiet rocker way, but it was true that he didn't always mind the dirt that came with working outdoors.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go