View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailzerr View Post
Ryuu entered the work area, looking around with interest. Hmm, cozy and look, a couple of people! Perhaps he should have walked slower. Being one of the first to show up to work was never really one of his favourite things to do. Buuuuuuuut, new job..new country. Perhaps being early was best.

Hmmm..where was the coffee?...
"Ahh, Mr. Andrei," Alexander said, glancing up just in time to see a second employee make their way into the room. He gave the man a polite nod as a greeting. He remembered this one's face, for sure, and he'd even made a mental note to ask the man to report directly to his office upon arrival. "A word with you in my office, please?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Warren had just Floo'd into atrium, and within seconds was already at the Minister of Magic's Office. His Face Buried in the morning edition of the Daily Prophet. He didn't miss a step, Warren easily made it through lifts and doors, he flawlessly weaved his way through the crowd of people, never once taking his face out of the Newspaper.

As he walked into the Ministry work areas, Warren moved towards his desk. still with the newspaper in front of his face, Warren took off his coat, putting it on the back of his chair, and his briefcase on the desk, Warren sat down, and tisked at certain articles. As he turned the page, yet another picture of Lord Borr sat there with yet another article.

Didn't these Journalists talk to each other? Wasn't One article enough? Maximum two... But Three? Three Whole Articles about the New Minister of Magic? It was a waste of good news space?

Warren Quickly Flipped to the Sports Section to get his mind off the nonsense. Ah there it was. Quidditch. The one thing Still uncorrupted by the rest of the news.
Alexander eyed the older gentlemen who'd clearly come to work to merely read the sports section of the paper. Clearing his throat, he said, "Hello, Mr. ...? I don't believe we've been introduced yet. I'm Alexander Greingoth, Senior Undersecretary." He extended a hand in greeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redifer View Post
Hearing someone enter the room she didn’t look up, that is until he cleared his throat. Her head rose from her paper work. Medea had no clue who this was, how could she?! This was the first day. Duh. She stood and took a couple steps toward him, her cloak swooshed at her ankles. She hadn’t been sure how casual this office was, and would rather have worn the cloak and been completely proper than not worn it and been reprimanded. When she worked in the Italian Ministry cloaks were required. They were less distracting than wearing street clothes. The Italian Minster believed people were more productive in cloaks.

The woman held out her hand and greeted the man who she was sure was one of her bosses, ”Medea Ward Sir, the Internal Liaison Supervisor.” Speaking of which she hadn’t been notified who exactly she’d be supervising.

Well, straight away to business was her policy, ”I’ve just completed my preliminary paper work,” with a flick of her wand her paperwork flew out the door and toward the HR department. ”Do you know of anything else I could start on for you?” She offered her services. Always be available - that's how you get to the top. There was no smile on the woman’s face; there was nothing really funny or happy to smile about. With that said she also wasn’t completely cold and uninviting – she just had her business face on. Duh.
"Miss Ward," Alexander said, obviously pleased to hear how well-organized this woman was. He paused for a moment to take in the general demeanor of this Ward woman. She was serious--he could already tell--and displayed a no-nonsense attitude. Ahh, yes. He and Miss Ward would get along just fine. He even allowed a small smirk to play across his lips as he said, "Actually, yes. I do have something I'll need you to take care of at some point in the next few weeks." He nodded toward the Andrei man. "I need to meet with Mr. Andrei right now, but I'll be in touch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by steflegan View Post
After having met Mr. Greingoth, Senoir Undersecretary, Violet walked herself into the Work Area. As there was no one yet at the front desk, she simply followed several other employees to this room.

Looking around, unsure of what to do, Violet slid into an empty cubicle close to the door, in case she had to dash out to get where she was supposed to be if this wasn't it. She didn't want to screw up on her very first day.

She pulled out her paperwork and began the long process of filling it out. She took note of the others in the room- it was so quiet in here! Didn't anyone talk? Or was that not allowed in this room? Hating silences that last too long, she cleared her throat and gave it a shot.

"Hi everyone, I'm Violet. Does anyone know if all first-time employees come here to fill out their paperwork? I want to make sure I'm in the right place." She hoped someone would be friendly enough to answer her.
Looking across the room, Alexander saw that the Downing woman had made her way into the general work area. Turning to face her, he said, "The paperwork can be filled out anywhere you'd like; so yes, here is just fine." His eyes narrowed in thought as something occurred to him, and then he stepped a bit closer to the woman. "Miss Downing, you were hired as a receptionist, yes?"