Thread: Character: Just Matt - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
KatielovesHP
Ravenclaw
Snidget

Wish I Was In Florida! | The Avengers | Music | HP Boxset - my life since Xmas! | Luna Lovegood

This is just a catch up thing. Its short but it lets me continue with the story.

Just Matt Sa16+

Chapter 2 - Life and Decisions (Part 1)

Second and third year passed and the Room of Requirement was still the usual meeting place for Matt and Alex. They were still close but not as close, it was strange; almost like their parents were rubbing off on them. They had suffered a couple of arguments and this had put a strain on their friendship. Matt hung around with Darren and Josh a lot now and they knew some of the stuff that went on at home. He was able to open up to more people. Alex had found friends in some girls in her House, Ravenclaw, Annie and Sophia. They were really nice and they did the things that Alex enjoyed instead of the stuff she did with Matt. It was 4th year now and they had much bigger workloads. OWLs were coming up in fifth year and they both had limited time to see each other.

Matt had a hard time in third year, with the loss of his Great Gran Weasley but everyone was beginning to cope. She was just the type of woman you never expected to die. Uncle Charlie had said at the funeral that he was pleased that she was with Arthur, the man she loved. Which was true of course, neither of them was alone.

Alexa’s granda Dean was really the only person she had. She said he taught her everything she knows. She wrote to him once a week and one week she got a shocking reply. Her mother, Amelia, had been taken to St Mungo’s. She had performed a charm which Healers presumed had backfired. After further investigation, they realised she had meant for it to hit her. The charm had not killed her but had paralysed her from the waist down and she was extremely depressed, she had wanted to die. She had a permanent stay in St Mungo’s. During holidays Alex stayed with Dean or in Hogwarts.

Matt was beginning to feel differently about things. He was nearly fifteen and Alex was starting to feel more than a friend. The only worry was that she wasn’t feeling the same way. He couldn’t confide in anyone which was hard and he doubted himself. He just thought he was average, nothing special. He was desperate to tell James or Chris but knew they might not approve. One Saturday afternoon he was sitting in the shade near the Gamekeeper’s hut when he finally decided he needed to tell her. It wasn’t like they were too young, they were mature and could handle a small relationship. It wouldn’t be extravagant and he knew it would be difficult. He wanted it to work.

Hope it was OK. xx
Just watch from a safe place,
So I never have to lose.