View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Talking e-books will destroy reading as we know it ... NOooooooooooooooooooooo *cries*LOL
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Its just another format ... e-books will not take over real books anymore than fan forums have taken over human interaction. I say, "Do it and make more money". Unless you really don't like them and then ... well hold to your stance. I doubt very much she's loosing a large audience by not having her books be e-books.

Yes lots of people read e-books, but of those people who would seriously buy her books? And how many of them didn't already read them in book form? The number is likely incrementally small as ipads and e-readers aren't half as common as phones ... I doubt there's such a large hold out of people who won't read her books just because they're not available in e-format. LOL Likely it'll be people wanting to get rid of their paper copies who just want e-copies ... and of those whose to say they don't already have copies from the internet?

She should do it if she wants to but ... its just another format. Its like not having your books in audio format ... its really not that big a deal ... everyone else does it because it means more money for them. I think Jo should hold out just because it would be nice to be known for that ... being the only author not available as an e-book.