Thread: Other: A Phoenix Sister - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #64 (permalink)
Star Child
Hufflepuff
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brielle Hart
Fifth Year
Default Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Follow the rules

Harry's POV

The man who had walked in was Mr. Van Valnor, dictator of the Department of International Affairs. He had the demeanor of an executioner, and was known staying away from the media.

"Pray tell, why is it that i am called out of my lunch break to discuss matters of some missing girl?" he barked at Malfoy, seemingly ignoring me.

"Bring it up with someone else," Malfoy nearly threatened, and i had to be impressed by his courage. While i was working here i had never had the nerve to even be in the same room as him; i even went to the lengths of donning my invisibility cloak just to avoid walking past his office.

"No I'm going to bring it up with you," Mr. Valnor walked calmly behind his desk and allowed his expression to change to one with genuine concern," How long has...." he looked at me for the first time.

"Alexandra"

"Alexandra been missing?" the hostile man's gruff voice reminded me of Mad-eyes. His piercing eyes scoped out a now silent Malfoy, "What? Will talking to us bring her harm?"

"yes" Malfoy held out the "s" like a snake as he returned Mr. Valnor's stare.

"How do you know?"

"Because they knew before," his frustrated tone told us that there was a lot of her pain on his conscience. "Every time i break the rules, they hurt her. And every time they let me know it,"

"Alright, so we have to free her before they find out," the clock ticked out the seconds that Mr. Valnor waited to let that sink in. "What are the rules, Draco?"

Mafloy looked him in the eye, pure rage was almost steaming off of him,"I follow ever order given to me. I express the opinions that i am told to have. If i disappoint or disobey, they punish her. I can't tell anyone about her, and the only contact i have to her is through them. And even then they don't let me see her,"

"They are...?"

"Death eaters too low on the food chain to have any other purposes. Thugs that can be bought to do anything. I've never seen them, and i only have a clue where she is," Malfoy was basically explaining his entire reason for his behavior, and in doing so he his entrusting her life to us. Wow, desperation can make a person take a lot of risks.

"Whats the clue?" i asked before i had even thought of what to say.

"Before they took her, our family," he scoffed at the word that should have had true meaning," started enforcing new rules. She was never to leave the house, and no one was to even mention her to outsiders. As i would pack for my first year of Hogwarts they had her pack as well. We were so young we thought it was a game. She even thought she would be coming with me. Then they started teaching us different things; the unforgivable curse for torture and they showed it to us on some of the house elves. We started learning French," Malfoy looked back at me as if that was the most important inside joke.

"Is that why you 'changed' when you heard Beauxbatons was coming?" I asked as it all was starting to come together.

"She would have started already," he nearly whispered.

"When did you last talk to her?" Mr. Valnor brought us back to the matter at hand.

"Two years ago," Malfoy looked down at his shoes, ashamed. A light-bulb metaphorically flicked on for me.

"When they asked you too.....when Dumbledore.....?" i let my question trail off.

"They let me talk to her one last time before they asked me to. They told me... I thought that if i succeeded she could come home," tears fell into his lap.

"Have you talked to her since?"

"Nope, she's just a kid. What if its all my fault?" he turned back to look at me. I had judged him for years, and he at-least acted like he deserved it. I tried to imagine if someone took Jess, if her life rested on my shoulders. i would act like a complete sWeArInG too.

"Its not your fault, its theirs,"

I am so so so so so so SO sorry that it took this long for me to post again. I hadn't intended for Malfoy to have a sister (i was going to make it a different thread) but once i put it in i couldn't change it so it kinda threw me off course. That and the fact i have had so much to do (i apologize for this over used excuse). Also i will probably try to separate the two different story-lines (Jess and Harry & Alexandra and Draco) once i have whats going on with Alexandra and Draco established. I am shocked that you have read ALL of this so thanks, and hopefully i'll post more soon.

Oh and to Lunax246, YES!!! i have a new reader!!!!!!