View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
3uzz3ee
Slytherin
SS Vaulter
Firecrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyn<33 View Post
Tehe, *looks at you innocently* Whatever do you mean, love?
:rolf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyn<33 View Post
Soo, what's going to happen with Draco and everything when the war is over? Or during the war?
I can't tell you...

BTW,
Just to say that I've finished this on paper and all I have to is type it up...
Unfortunately, I think I may have got too carried away nearer the end...

Chapter Eleven- Control, Grief and the Past

I knelt beside the elf’s still body, silent tears leaving tracks on my cut cheeks as I watched Harry, Ron and Dean work among flowers. Jamie was holding a lamp so that they could see what they were doing, his eyes trained on my face, calculating every miniature facial expression I made. Harry had related the death of Dobby to the loss of Dumbledore- but I couldn’t do that- I wouldn’t do that. I had added Dobby’s name to my mental list of people I hadn’t said goodbye to and was praying that it was the last, that Draco had been lying.

You won’t see anything” Jamie whispered, his voice barely a breath. “Not with that still hurting you” His words brought a small fraction of the pain I felt to the front of my mind. I was refusing help until I knew about my family, letting the blood stain my blue shirt and white jeans as it flowed from the large gash in my side- the twisted piece of chandelier still lay where I had dropped it, a single crimson stained crystal droplet swinging in the breeze.

Thanks for reminding me” I retorted, my voice barely a whisper, flat and emotionless, almost uncaring. Jamie’s eyes looked over my face once more before they moved towards the three in the flowerbed. I let mine drift over the cliff edge, towards the blackness that had consumed the sea. A faint, out of focus image flashed through my thoughts and I pushed it away- I didn’t care what was happening now- what Voldemort was doing. A small part of my exhausted brain noticed that the image hadn’t affected Harry, showing that Harry had finally gained control over his visions. Hermione would be proud...

We should close his eyes” Someone said from behind me, announcing the arrival of the others. I obeyed the voice automatically, sliding Dobby’s eyelids shut with two shaking fingers. As soon as I pulled my hand away, I felt the urge to run- so I did. I stood and turned my back on the small funeral, heading for the cliff edge, where I lay on my uninjured side, staring out into the darkness. I didn’t even notice the stars vanish.

Rosalie stormed past me into the kitchen, Emmett right behind her.

Rose, just listen for a minute!” He said in a persuasive voice, which didn’t work. Rosalie turned to glare at her twin.

No- you listen- I don’t want to leave or hide, Emmett! I
can’t!” Rose half- shouted, her voice close to breaking. “Every memory I have of her is here- in the house, in this street, in this tiny little town in the middle of the countryside! I. Am. Not. Leaving!” I watched from the doorway that lead into the living room as the rest of my family stood in front of me, watching the two siblings.

What are you talking about?” I asked, my voice echoing, making me frown. They all ignored me.

Rose, love, we’re going to have to, as a precaution” My dad said, stepping forwards.

We don’t! They won’t come here- we’re not witches or wizards! They have no reason-

Alicia- they’ll come here about Alicia!” Emmett shouted and I saw everyone wince at my name. I felt the guilt spread through me as I realised the pain I’d put my family through. “Look, the paper has her photo in it- she’s wanted by the Ministry- who are now totally in the power of those lunatics she’s afraid of!

She
isn’t scared of them! She’s brave enough to stand up to them and fight- twice!” Rose retorted and I was shocked at the amount of love she had in her face. We’d always hated each other- I’d never really seen how much my sister loved me before now. Emmett hit the table with his fist, making her jump.

You’re stalling, Rosalie! That’s what this is!” He roared at her. “She isn’t coming back- Alicia is
never going to come back!

She was perfectly fine at Christmas!” Rose shouted back. Emmett covered his face with his hands, ignoring her.

She’s dead, Rose” His whisper broke, letting the pain escape.

No, I’m not!” I shouted, reaching out to touch my mum’s shoulder, to let her know I was behind them. “I’m alive- ” I cut off, staring at my hand as it passed through my mum’s shoulder as if I were a shadow.

I’m not sure about that, but I know you are” I spun at the familiar voice as a curse flew over our heads and hit Emmett squarely in the face.

NO!” I yelled, turning to glare at Bellatrix, as she stood alone, in the center of the living room, her wand aiming at her next victim- Jasper.

I hope little miss Seer sees this and comes running to your rescue, just a little too late” She aimed again as Jasper dropped and Rosalie screamed.

ALICIA, NO-

NO!
NO!” I screamed, trying to run forwards.

Ali, it’s okay! Alicia! Wake up!” Jamie’s voice made me freeze, suddenly disoriented. I was awake, wasn’t I? I was standing in the center of my living room at home, right?

She ‘az lost a lot of blood, Jamie, Zee wound was veery serious- let ‘er rest” Fleur? Suddenly, I was bolt- upright with a shaky gasp, my eyes wide open.

Alicia!” I felt Jamie’s hand on my arm as I gasped, tears spilling over my cheeks, which were healed. I flinched away from him, ignoring the shocked looks from the faces surrounding me. “Ali? What is it, love?” I ignored him, my tears slowly turning to sobs.

Alicia, sweetheart, you’re at Shell Cottage, remember?” Bill said quietly, leaning round Jamie, his voice paced slowly. I nodded, feeling my sobs become hysterics.

Family... Gone... Bell- Bell- Bellatrix... Draco... T- T- Truth... Mistake... Help...” I said, throwing the quilt away from me. I was wearing nothing but an overlarge t-shirt and my underwear. I could feel tight bandages round my waist.

I am cleaning all your zings, to get rid of all zee blood” Fleur explained in her accent and I guessed the top was Bill’s, who was pushing me back onto the pillows.

No, you don’t... Rest” He ordered, pulling a orange curl away from my face. I was suddenly tired, so I stopped resisting and flopped back down.

Jamie?” I whispered and I felt him sit on the edge of the mattress. “I’m sorry... I love you” I said and he took my hand, kissing it.

I love you too, Rainbow” He whispered, using my dad's old nickname for me. Fleur wrapped the duvet round me again and I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

TaDa!

I Know You Don't Believe Me, But The Way I, Way I See It,
Next Time You
Point A Finger, I Might Have To Bend It Back,
Or Break It, Break It Off...
Next Time You Point A Finger, I'll Point You To The
Mirror