View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rosa Chispa Princessa
Formerly: Herminny

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Devolian
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jack Berusen
Magical Creatures

x4 x1
Talking
Funny Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodforyou View Post
Okaaaay... Flying exam.

Helena was soooo nervous about this one. It was the only subject she couldn't learn everything from a book. And flying... she didn't quite have nice memories during the first years of her life. The tiny scar was still there on her arm to remind her of how 'good' she was at flying.

So... she had to tell the others about her customized broom.

She took a deep breath and then looked around. "Uh... My broomstick probably looks rather... different. I chose a 'dark' style for it." And no, she is not on the dark side. The girl looked at the broomstick she was holding and then spoke again. "I changed the colour to a dark blue and added glitter, so it shines beautifully in the moonlight and I changed the tail twigs into feathers." And that was it. Ah, one more thing. "And I changed two of the tail twigs into bat-like wings." Aaaand that was it.

SPOILER!!: Broomstick
Chloe cocked her head toward girl who explained she replaced twigs for feathers, "Uh, wouldn't feathers be less aerodynamically sound then feathers. It is a cool look but I don't think it is practical.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Potter Weasley View Post
Rex tells the professor" I like to tell you about my broom. I am from SweetWater, Texas, I play Quidditch and football" Rex started out. " I love the Dallas Cowboys, their colors are blue and white, so I painted my broom these colors". Rex told the class and the professor " On my broom is a canteen, so I can drink water or maybe even butterbeer as I am flying or even on the ground and on the other side is a lunch bag for food, but it can be used for breakfast or dinner, too" Rex said to the professor and class. On the back I have dancing shoes for having fun when I touch down" Rex smiled. I won ballroom dance contests when I was younger and I have taught a lot of girls to dance at HogWarts" Rex explained to everyone." Neverr knw when yo uneed your dance shoes, food, drink or be ready to root for your favorite football team" Rex laughed.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...day/broom1.jpg
Chloe chuckled upon heaing how much stuff Rex put on his broom. "Uh, wouldn't all that stuff weight your broom down. Also why did you choose your main broom design to look like blue cat in the hat party broom?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Ooooh. They had to talk about their customised brooms. Well Finlay was pretty sure that it was something he could very easily too. Finn could talk about himself for ages, so he was pretty sure he could talk about why he had felt like customising the broom the way hehad. Yup. This was going to be fun.

"Okaay...." The prefect grinned, holding his broom up for everyone to see. "Mainly for my broom I chnaged the colours. I altered the handle so it was coloured green and Blue. I like green a blue." Finlay smirked. Hmmm. Slytherclaw at heart definetly. "Then I changed the colors of the twigs as well, so that the broom would stand out more, because I like standing out." and he did stand out. "So I felt that my broom should stand out too." And it would make it easiser for him to find it.....which was probably a good thing for him.

"Finally I enscribed my last name onto the handle, and that was so everyone would know that it was mine." Because he was just that everyone, and they should all know that the broom was his.

SPOILER!!: Finn's broom
]

Now this kid had a good looking broom, "I like that your broom reflects you but you did not change the broom itself, good job".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Jacob had his custom broom on his lap, as people started to show their stuff. He felt like this was going to be a very boring final exam.

Those Beaters Bats better be relevant or Jacob was going to throw a fit. He wanted to play a game... and not like a match, he wanted a casual Game, one where his heart wasn't pounding out of his chest as he hoped that the Match would end in a victory on his side.

Oh yes... Jacob had a question. He raised his hand and asked the slytherin girl. "Uhm, yes. So.... Is there any charms or other things on it that has to do with flying?" Like What did colour and feathers have to do with anything? It interested him what people might have come up with, but it didn't look like people had really thought of the flying, and riders aspect... maybe others would be more... relevant.

SPOILER!!: Broomstick

Photoshop didn't feel like working with me that day

Now Jacob Jumped up, and lifted his broom above his head... hoping the sticking charm he had on the front would last through the exam. "So, Uhm... Yeah." He didn't exactly plan a speech... actually this was kinda awkward. "Uhm..." he let out a small sigh, as he tried to start.

"So, This is my broom, yo!" he looked back down at the broom. "Uhm..." He let out another sigh. "I--" he tried to start again, but nothing was coming to him.

"Oh, I got This!" he said "So, Uhm... Like... I painted the handle this... blue... color..." Jacob sort of fumbled for word as he tried to this what to say next. "This is kinda hard..." hmmm... "Uhm... And I, Like, used a sticking charm to stick this pillow to the front of the broom... Uhm... In spirit of that lovely Jimmy Versus Wall Incident, and as a reminder to the rider that... uhm... if you decide hit a wall, more times than not, the wall will win." geez this was actually much harder than he thought. "Uhm... Oh! And I like put a heating charm on the Handle, so that it warms up just enough to heat the riders hands, for those Chilly games of Quidditch." you know, it helped, he wished he had one on his normal broom, but he didn't want to put one on it and risk destroying the rest of the broom.
"Uh, why did you put a pillow on your broom. Tjat could throw your broom off balance. I am all for origiality but a broom is sjaped the way it is for a reason."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Sierra inwardly groaned. She wasn't really the type to jump up, excitedly show off her broom, and then show a sincere interest in the broomsticks her classmates had made. She could honestly care less what they created and why, but for the sole reason that this was a final exam and therefore worth a pretty hefty amount of house points, she supposed she could put forth some really good faking.

May as well get this over and done with, too. Customized broomstick in hand, she stood and faced her classmates.

Text Cut: Sierra's customized broom

"I did three things to my broomstick," she said, holding it up so everyone could see. "First, I used the Color Changing Charm to make the handle a green and silver color." For obvious reasons, duh, but just in case someone was a few jelly beans short of a Bertie Bott's box--"...because that's the Slytherin house colors, of course."

"Next, I installed a snake-shaped alarm, which is set to go off when the quaffle is nearing the hoop," she continued. You know, just in case she was somehow distracted and in danger of missing the quaffle. "Finally, I had my initials, S.G., carved into the handle," she finished, pointing to the initials with her unoccupied hand.
"Cool design, but wouldn't an alarm going off when you get close to a goal post been rather startling and possibly a bit dangerous".

Alright, now Chloe's turn finally arrived. Sje got up and held out her broom proudly. "I decided you make my broom pink and sparkly cause I like it girly. I used color changing charm for that. I also decided took use some transfiguration to make my broom look like my favorite muggle candy sour punch straws on the inside. And thats it. Some what do you guys think.

Sorry it is two brooms, I am on my phone so.I just had to choose an image some here it is;

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...wnspotter4.jpg