View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Why green? Finlay kinda of eyed Spike for a second. It was typical of Spike to ask him a question. "Well..." Finn had to pause for a few seconds to actually consider what his answer would be. One that wouldn't make Spike go all 'Ewwwww' "I like green." It was like his second favorite colour. "It's just so green?" Okay. That was pretty lame Carmicheal. "And I think it kind of goes with Blue.....maybe?"
Spike gave a little frown. That was it? Because liked green? Such an unsatisfying answer. But if that's what Finn thought, then he'd take it.

It did however give Spike a bit of confidence to present his own broom. He stood up, and held it proudly in front of him.

"This is my broom," he introduced, and held it for everyone to see. "I've made a few key additions to customise it, as you can see." He gave himself a little nod, to reassure himself. No one was laughing at it yet, were they?

"So, here at the front is a seat so Matilda can travel with me both safely and comfortably." At the sound of her name, Matilda stirred in Spike's hair. His curls rippled, and he looked sheepish as he had an idea. Ellie wasn't going to like this, but it'd make a point. Taking the tarantula from his hair, he put the broom on the floor, and rested her in the purpose built seat. He'd taken a long time measuring it up. "So these straps go between her legs like this," he said, demonstrating how to do them up properly, "Then she can't fall out." And to prove it, he held the brom the wrong way up. "Perfectly safe." Of that fact, he was very proud.

His hand moved up the broom a bit, to a screw top pot with small holes in the lid. "This is for other sorts of critters. Boggis, Bunce and Bean are in here for the ride at the moment, but it could easily take my frogs Killy and Kranky." He looked round. What he saying too much? Probably. But he was totally chuffed with his broom.

"Underneath the broom is a net for catching all sorts of insects. I'd hope to catch some interesting butterflies or moths, so I can tick them off my 'to be seen' list. The net can be hooked up out the way though, or taken off completely, depending on the purpose of the flight." And with that, he used the hinge to click it back so it wouldn't catch any bugs, before taking if off completely.

"Finally, the decoration. The basic handle is wrapped round with a blue snake. Blue is my favourite colour. And I've always wanted a snake of my own. The tail twigs are blue, just cos it looks cool. And I've written my name on it, so everyone knows it's mine." In case anyone else had a tarantula and wanted to go bug catching.

And he was done. Any questions? Or could he sit down and breathe again now?