View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #577 (permalink)
princess of*hp*
Ravenclaw
Hinkypunk

Graduated

Diagon Alley Employee:
Amadeus Alfred Kipling
Owl Post Office Assistant
x7
Lady Lem|DJ Melfoy|Braedeus ♥ Stumble|Bebé Melón|B2|Andee & Melsse|Melephone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkbarrett View Post
Ellie could practically see the night of the Championship in her mind. All the Ravenclaw students, carrying the Quidditch players into the common room on their shoulders, having a party, going wild, and feeling like they had just saved the world. Meh, it was pretty close. "Don't worry, you've got a lot of support coming. I'm convincing all my Slytherin friends to root for you guys, too." Ellie said with a wink. Even though they were still bitter about the latest loss against Ravenclaw... But they had to root for someone in the championship, right? Why not the birds? She could just imagine dressing up her Snake friends in blue...

Intimidating was a good way to put it. Everything about adult life was intimidating in one way or another. Finding a career, getting married, raising a family. It all seemed so far away from Ellie, but she was still excited to see what fate had in store for her future. She smiled when it seemed that Amadeus was lighting up a bit. "And teenagers have commitment issues." She remarked with a light laugh. She just hoped all the drama that happened at Hogwarts would stay at Hogwarts. Ellie kind of felt like she was part of some deep conversation between two future therapists or something. They both seemed to have good things to say. Wow, Ellie must have been tired. Pursuing her passion... She would definitely do that, for the rest of her life. And not just to stay out of the Ministry, but because music and art were her passion. Ellie merely nodded and smiled at his comment in assurance.

Ellie shrugged at his next comment. It was indeed odd that they hadn't seen each other around before. Sure, she'd seen him here and there at Quidditch games or probably passed him by before, but they had never spoken before. Then again, Ellie was pretty anti-social her first three years ago. "It is a little odd, isn't it? Maybe you crushing my fingers wasn't such a bad idea." Ellie said with a laugh and a smirk. She adjusted her legs so that she was sitting Indian-style. At his next comment, she half smiled. "Maybe you don't know better, and I'm secretly changing my appearance everyday." She suggested sarcastically with a laugh. Right, as if she was that skilled.
"I sincerely hope that you're right," Amadeus gave her a small smile after saying all that he could, but his nervous fever was still obvious, and it wouldn't go away until the game finally arrived. The moment he stepped onto the quidditch pitch, he would force his nerves to take a hike and fly towards the sky, ready to make his team and his house proud. If only his parents took as much of an interest in magical sports as he did. Pursing his lips as they switched over to the topic of teenage commitment, Amadeus couldn't help but smirk. "Commitment of what sort? Educational, extracurricular, or romantic? I think you're referring to relationships, right?" He forced a smile onto his face, thinking of his best friend, who was in a relationship and who he barely spent time with nowadays, of his friend who was involved in meetings with a ministerial cult clique that he barely saw at all anymore, and himself, being involved in so many extracurricular activities that he could barely stand it. Life was crazy, that was for sure.

It was almost a relief for Ellie to bring up his blunder that had happened only minutes ago. "Oh, right," He couldn't help but let a light pink flush creep onto his face. "Maybe it wasn't? Everything happens for a reason, eh?" Laughing along with her comment about her disguises and skills with her appearance, he turned his head to notice that the common room was nearly empty at this time of night. However, he didn't have it in him to go to bed. His mind had been racing all day long and it wasn't going to slow down any time soon. Unless...

"Hey," He remarked, gesturing to a small wooden table near the window, where two chairs were perched on either side. On top of the table sat a chess board, the players having been put together neatly after the last game had finished. "What do you say to a game of chess? Something that requires mind-consuming strategy to get our minds off of these ridiculously serious subjects?" He smiled, encouraging her.