View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
steflegan
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Melina Morninglory- "Glory"
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Downing
Minister's Office
Ravenclaw
WizWorld Universal / Tom Felton for President

Short New Chapter- Warning!! There is a serious "Ewwwww!" moment in here, but it's necessary.

Chapter Fourteen: Abducted

Rough hands continued pushing her down a dark path off the main street in Knockturn Alley. “Hermione! Can you hear me? Hermione!” She heard her mother’s voice from not far away. She fought with new strength, trying to free her mouth so she could scream. The hand clamped tighter on her face and a rasping voice whispered “Shut up, girl!” She was sobbing, terror exploding in her mind. This was her last hope, she knew it. Mummy, please! I’m here; help me, find me!! The men moved more quickly now, dragging her down the path; she couldn’t even get a foothold in the snow to slow them down.

They pulled her into a small, dingy shop that sold the mummified remains of animals and humans. She nearly gagged at the smell; a sickly-sweet incense permeated the room, unsuccessfully masking the stench of rot and formaldehyde. A house-elf tottered toward them, gnarled and bad-tempered. “What do the snatchers want this time?” he remarked with a scowl. “Watch your mouth!” warned Scabior. At that, an old man appeared in the doorway. “Rancor! Hold your tongue!” he snapped. “Ah, Scabior. What may I do for you today” he said politely, though his undertone hinted at a wary distaste for the man. “We need your elf to apparate us to Malfoy Manor. Got a little present to deliver.” Scabior gestured to Hermione.

The old man moved closer to her, inspecting her as if she was fascinating exhibit. “A pretty thing,” he remarked, “very pretty. Is Master Lucius in need of a special companion tonight? My, he does like them young, doesn’t he?” Hermione’s stomach turned over and she started to shake. Oh God, please no, this isn’t happening! I’ll kill myself! “Not this time, “replied Scabior. “It's official business for the Dark Lord.” Her heart stopped. If anything could have been worse than what was said about Lucius, this was it. She felt herself start to faint; what…would…he…want…with…me? A thought dawned on her. Oh my God, this must be about Harry! They must know I’m his best friend! Oh God, what if I’m questioned? They could all be killed.

She tried to scream, but the horror of her thought had left her incapable of speech. She felt her legs buckling and willed herself to stay conscious. “Very well,” said the old man, shuffling behind his desk. “You know the price”. Scabior stepped forward and tossed 10 galleons on the desk. The old man turned to his elf. “Rancor, take them now.” Rancor held onto Scabior’s arm, and the group disapparated with a pop.

Last edited by steflegan; 04-04-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: change font