View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #31 (permalink)
steflegan
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Melina Morninglory- "Glory"
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Downing
Minister's Office
Ravenclaw
WizWorld Universal / Tom Felton for President

Next post!

Chapter Eleven: The Trip to Diagon Alley

3 Jan. (morning)

Hermione’s eyes fluttered open as she woke up from a restful night’s sleep. The Christmas holiday had been wonderful so far; she couldn’t believe nearly two weeks had already gone by. She padded down the stairs in her fluffy pink robe and slippers and went into the kitchen. Her father was getting ready to leave for work and her mother was filling his thermos with coffee.

“Hey, sweetie,” he said, “Gotta go- I love you!” He grabbed his coffee, kissed his wife and daughter and headed out the door to the garage. “Morning, honey,” said her mother. “Hungry?” “Just tea and oatmeal with strawberries,” Hermione replied. “Do we have strawberries?” “Yes hon," smiled Jean, "go get dressed while I fix it”.

Hermione ambled up the stairs and pulled on a burgundy sweater, jeans, and black, calf-high boots. She put on her locket and ran a brush through her tangled hair. Frowning in the mirror, she pulled her hair back into a low ponytail and decided that was the best it was going to get today. “Breakfast is ready,” called her mother. “Coming!” she answered and ran down to the kitchen table.

“Were you planning to go to Diagon Alley today?” asked her mother. Hermione sighed, “Yes. I need more ink and another quill, and possibly some more potions ingredients. I don’t want to wait until the last day before we go back; it’ll be so crowded.” “Would you like me to come along?” smiled her mother. “Oh yes, Mum- could you?” Hermione said excitedly. She nodded. “I can rearrange a few things on my schedule; we can have a girl’s outing and go to lunch!”

They bundled up and left the house around eleven-thirty, arriving at Diagon Alley shortly before noon. Breakfast had worn off so they enjoyed some delicious potato soup and warm butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron. “Ok,” said Hermione, scanning her list. “First, to Scribbulus Writing Instruments and then Slug and Jiggers Apothecary. Ooh, and maybe we can stop at Flourish and Blott’s? I might want to pick up a book or two. And we must visit Fred and George at their shop and of course we should also pop into-” “We can do all of those things,” her mother laughed, “But how about one thing at a time?” Hermione smiled bashfully. “Sorry- just excited. Let’s start at Scribbulus, okay?”

They purchased Hermione’s writing supplies and then replaced her stale potions ingredients with fresh ones. Flourish and Blott’s was nearby and Hermione pulled her mother toward the bookshop. “You’re going to get lost in there, aren’t you?” her mother teased. “Only for an hour or two,” Hermione kidded back. “Tell you what,” said her mother, “I’m in the mood for some nice hot tea. I’ll go back down to the Leaky Cauldron and get us some and bring it back here. That way you’ll have to come out quickly or it will get cold!” “Okay, okay!” laughed Hermione. “Can you get me mint tea?” “Sure thing- I’ll be back in a few minutes,” she called as she walked off.

If Hermione’s mother had any idea what was about to happen, she would never have left her daughter’s side.

Last edited by steflegan; 04-04-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: minor re-write and font change