View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #562 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hello Maxie. I can't tell you enough how much I love this;
Quote:
Cold Ethane < > It was seven in the evening, when Ginny peeked into the mirror in her room. Outside, the sky was a clear blue, but even as she looked at herself, it deepened, and eve gave way to the onset of night, the arms of dark laden with points of light that were little stars.
I just love the way you draw us into the story this way. It creates an atmosphere of both beauty and cold. Much the same way the characters are in this chapter. No hot air, but cold and decisive words for the most part. The beauty of the different people is only skin deep, also, for the most part. Even Ginny, very appealing to look upon, but her words are quite cold. But, I say, who can blame her. Everything is chosen for her. She is even told what clothes to wear, and what functions she is to attend. I'm thinking though, maybe she might have agreed to the invite had she been given the opportunity. But, her mail being read, and things decided for her already puts her on the wrong foot to approach these matters. And then on the other hand, she might not have agreed to the invite. She may have enjoyed a little time for Lord Rostov to stew somewhat over her not going and him wanting her to. How would he react? I think I'd like to know myself. Aunt Murial might be afraid he would loose interest, but Ginny might think she needs to find out if his interest is that shallow.

Oh dear. I need to stop before I start rambling anymore. Great chapter as always Maxie. I'll be watching for your next. Much love to you.