View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Next Post!

Ellouise wiped a few tears from her eyes, she placed the small pile of photographs into her pocket and stared around the room. It was strange being back there in the state that it was. She felt alone... more than just being alone. Deep into her core she felt as though there was no one else with her. Slowly she stood, balancing herself with her outstretched arm. As Ellouise contemplated exploring the rest of the house, for want of a better word, there came a sudden noise. Ellouise held her breath and cast the disillusionment charm on herself once more as it had worn off. There was a light thudding noise coming from outside, almost like footsteps. Ellouise edged a little closer to the dilapidated wall and pressed her ear against it gently. The footsteps continued as they edged around the structure.
“Ellie?” came a soft whisper. “Ellie... are you there?” it came again.
Ellouise recognised the voice immediately as she tapped herself with her wand, making herself visible again. “Xav... in here” she said in a hushed whisper, even though she knew that there was nobody else within earshot. Xavier’s eye appeared through a small crack in a part of the wall.
“How’d you get in there?” he asked, still whispering.
“Wolf-form” she replied quickly, “Hang on”, she added as she made to move some of the stone blocks out of the way. But before she had done anything a medium sized dog appeared at her side. It was mottled black and grey in appearance, its tail was swishing back and forth eagerly as she stared down at it.
“How did I not know you could do that?” she asked as she watched him morph back into human form.
“You don’t know me as well as you think you do Miss Browne” he said smiling as he glanced around the inside of the structure.
“This is...well... it’s ruined”, he said, shock registering on his face.
Ellouise paced around the room as he took it all in.
“The rest of town is the same. Xavier there’s nothing left”, she said shoving her hands deep into her pocket.
“Nothing at all?”
“Nothing... everything has been destroyed, it all looks the same, overgrown weeds and rubble.”
Xavier moved closer to Ellouise and wrapped his arms around her pulling her in closer.
“What’s that in your pocket?” he asked pulling away from her suddenly. Ellouise looked at him confused until she felt her coat and remembered the small box she had found. Pulling it out from her pocket she tapped it with her wand and it reverted to its normal size.
“I found this”, she said as she handed it to Xavier, “It was in that cabinet over there.”
“I can’t open it”, she added as she watched Xavier struggle with the lid.
“Have you tried magic?” he asked as he pulled out his wand.
“Yes, but whatever’s keeping it closed is more sophisticated than any spell that I know”, she said as she began to patrol the room once more. She felt as though she was missing something.
“Whoops that reminds me”, said Xavier as he summoned his patronous. Ellouise looked at him, an eyebrow raised curiously.
“Remus?” she asked, Xavier nodded in response.
“He’s just worried about you.... And so was I for a while. I didn’t think I’d be able to get away,” Xavier paused, “Please don’t ever do anything like this without me... ever... again.”