View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
HarryLoony

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Albert Cooper Van der Woodsen
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bellamy View Post
I don't think "DH: Part II" will be recognized in any of the major categories next year, like Picture, Director, Screenplay, Actor etc., but honestly, I don't think it really deserves to. All of the movies, including the Chris Columbus ones but even more once he left, have been very very flawed in terms of overall storytelling and complexity in characterization, especially when you compare them to the AMAZINGLY well-told stories and fleshed-out characters in the original books.

But I definitely think that the the series should have gotten WAYYYYY more than just one or two technical categories each. I think every single Harry Potter film actually deserved to be nominated in ALL of the "techies". Especially cinematography, visual effects, and art direction, but also score, film editing, and the sound categories. Hopefully we'll see "DH: Part II" pop up in all of those
They've done the best they can with the books and they've done a marvelous job! They should get recognized in the major ones as well!
HarryLoony is offline   Reply With Quote