View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
HaRoHeGiNeLu
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Cooke
First Year
x8
Satisfied Neon

SPOILER!!: monster post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhartian View Post
Perfect. No metal or shiny things. Good thing Ellie didn't have a badge...a badge. He had an idea. And Cedric would be the one to suffer.

For a bit.

He smiled back. Creatures were special, weren't they? Well, maybe not a Cockatrice, but did that qualify as an animal? Treyen was pretty sure it was more along the lines of monster than creature.

Mmmmhmmm. Wait. Waaait. What?!

He...froze again. And he'd thought he wouldn't be able to feel anything in quite a while. His eyes were only focused on Ellie. "You don't think you can?" what had gone wrong? He didn't see anything going wrong in class, the only one who made a scene had been Jake. If something had happened at Divination that managed to involve Ellie somehow he'd have noticed. Yes. And nothing happened. Unless...she'd mentioned that she didn't want to go in the first place...she probably didn't feel good while sitting there in the classroom that had the possibilities of bringing awesome memories back, right? Like Peeves, for instance?

If she didn't go...then it only meant that he'd be seeing less of her, "I will miss you, but you already know that," he'd said that already, right? Actually, he was being selfish, because partnering up with Jake was something he could deal with while knowing she could be in the same room. She'd been the reason he didn't walk out of class when patience was running low on his side. He did frown as he looked down to the floor, there was no way he was forcing her to attend the lessons anyway, he couldn't do that. Both literally, and because it would probably make her miserable. That's the last thing he wanted.

"You don't have to go," he said, as if a decision had been made. And a decision had actually been made, he needed to head back to the Healer and ask for more chocolate and permission to stay there until his heart was feeling better. He'd thought that Divination could be the cure to it, but he'd been mistaken. It was a good thing he never shared that theory with the Healer.

The Lockhart boy took just one step closer to Ellie, "Are you alright, though?" he asked, a bit concerned. The look on her face said otherwise, so she'd better say the truth.

"I'm sorry," Ellie said, bowing her head. She knew she'd told him that she would. Lesson learned, don't promise things in advanced.

But, yeah, that was all she could say. And, "Thanks." For his permission for her not to go. Heh.

She braved looking at him again. She owed him that much, right? Eye contact. "In what way?" Totally legitimate question. "Physically..yeah." Duh, he could see that for himself. "Mentally... Yeah." Well, that was questionable. Apparently severe emotional damage could affect your brain. "But, I just..." she studied him. She'd known him for a while, right? And...they had gotten to know each other enough, now, right? And she trusted him. "I don't like change. I don't like endings." Which totally reminded her of Divination last term, which funnily enough, included Treyen. "And I don't think I'm happy...ever...since the beginning of term, you know? At best, I've been okay. Or contented. And only temporarily." Deep stuff.

He did ask. Now he got to bear her feelings. And she was making herself vulnerable. Honestly, she hadn't even talked to her dad about this. And her dad was practically her best friend. Congrats, Treyen.

Heh.