View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Next Post!
Thanks everyone for reading, let me know what you think!

The smell of eggs, bacon and waffles wafted up the stairs through to the drawing room. Ellouise quickened her pace, eager to indulge herself before heading out for the day. The kitchen was as packed as she had seen it all week. Everyone was awake and sitting at the long table. There were the Potter’s, the Weasley’s, the Smith’s, Sirius, Xavier, Remus and Naomi plus another two wizards she didn’t recognise. Ellouise’s heart sank a little when she saw Charlie, he didn’t even try to avoid eye contact. Xavier was sitting opposite him at the table shoving a big forkful of pancakes into his mouth. After wishing everyone a good morning Ellouise took her seat next to Xavier who had already taken the liberty of setting a pile of pancakes on her plate with a mound of fresh berries, honey and cream. Ellouise thanked him politely and dug into her feed, relishing the taste of the tangy berries and the richness of the cream. The fluffy pancakes made her body smile from the inside out, as it filled her with warmth and comfort.
“How’d you sleep?” asked Xavier.
Ellouise looked up, he was shoving another forkful of food into his mouth, Charlie had stopped what he was doing and appeared to be waiting for her response.
“Average”, she replied, though it wasn’t true. She had had the best sleep, it was one of the few nights where she hadn’t been interrupted with her usual nightmare. But she didn’t want to say so in front of Charlie in case it somehow hurt his feelings. The table had gone unusually quiet, the only noise that could be heard was the clinking of cutlery and the pouring of drinks. Xavier polished off the last of his pancakes and washed it down with some juice.
“I’m gonna go get a couple of things. I’ll meet you in the drawing room soon?” he asked as he stood to leave the table.
“Sure,” replied Ellouise.
“What do you have planned for today Elle?” asked one of the twins casually.
“I’m going out”, she replied quickly, hoping nobody would take too much notice.
“Out, are you mad? You must have a death wish”, said the other Weasley twin.
“There are some things I need to do.” Said Ellouise though she knew that wasn’t entirely true. First of all she didn’t know what things she was going to do except look around the area where she used to live, however fruitful as that may be. Secondly she didn’t need to, she just wanted to.
“I can come with you if you like,” said Charlie.
Ellouise looked into his eyes, she could she a hint of sadness mingled with hope.
“Sorry, I’m already going with Xavier”, she replied somewhat awkwardly.
“Oh right”, said Charlie, his body tensing slightly, “Of course”.
Ellouise frowned... of course... what was that supposed to mean?!

Just then Xavier entered the kitchen once more, hurrying passed them carrying a small draw-string bag which judging by the pattern looked as if it was made out of Persian silk. He disappeared into the pantry and returned a short time later, though it looked as if he hadn’t put anything into the bag itself.
“Got us some food, thought we could have a picnic if we get hungry”, he said strategically. They weren’t about to spread out a blanket at Godric’s Hollow and have a feast. It was more likely to be precautionary rations, in case something went wrong during their trip. Ellouise looked into Xavier’s eyes, she had butterflies, and for once it wasn’t due to his presence, she was actually nervous about going home.
“I’m going to go get ready”, she said standing up and making her way passed Xavier to the kitchen entrance.
“Where are you guys going?” asked Charlie before she could escape.
“Nowhere in particular”, said Ellouise.
“I don’t believe you”, he replied, standing up and looking at her and Xavier.
“Well it’s none of your business”, retorted Ellouise who was becoming more annoyed at Charlie by the second. Why was he being so nosy? And so persistent?
“We’re just getting some fresh air. Ellie’s taking me to Switzerland”, came Xavier’s voice, calm and casual. Ellouise could feel her cheeks blush and she took that as her cue to leave, before anyone could notice. He remembered, she thought to herself. Ellouise had mentioned to Xavier only briefly that she and her family had been to Switzerland in hope of escaping the war, she remembered telling him this the day they were reunited at the rendezvous. He had cared enough to listen, and he had cared even more to remember, electricity coursed through Ellouise’s veins like a bolt of lightning.

Last edited by Hera; 01-19-2011 at 03:02 PM.