Thread: Suits of Armor
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Gryffindoll

Scheming Marauder
Ghost

Serial Prankster • Troloholic • Like a BAWS • Brae the Lionheart & Lion Cub • AnDee & Melsse

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornDragonPatronus View Post
"I don't know... it looked like some of the ghosts were quite saddened at the Feast," he pointed out. She didn't know any of their names, but the one floating around the Gryffindor table seemed particularly saddened. Drawn out of her reverie by the next suit of armor, she grinned. Making faces at the armor, she had to stop because she was laughing so hard. Wouldn't you if your tongue looked like it touched the floor?

Looking at his reaction, Trina shared the boy's grin. It seemed he was down for the plan. "Why not?" she asked him with a shrug. Although, her mom would probably think she was acting out if she were notified. Oh well... "I mean, it's not as if we are stealing it. We're just... relocating!" she said. "Or perhaps taking it to go for a fresh shine? Armor inspection?" she proposed, smiling up at Braeden.

She nodded in reply, giving a small shrug. "It would be strange if you had seen me before," she countered with a smile, meaning it only as a joke. "The U.S.," she replied. "East coast. My dad lives there, and my mom here." She glanced at a suit of armor that held their reflection and giggled. They looked quite ridiculous- two heads talking to each other with doll-sized bodies.
"Oh, you mean Nearly-Headless Nick?" asked Braeden with a bit of a grin as Trina mentioned the ghosts at the feast. He figured she must've been talking about him, since he was the Gryffindor ghost and therefore usually the only one that hung around their table. "I think he'll be fine without food; he'll survive," he said. And though he hadn't meant that as a joke, he realized a moment later that it was kinda funny… Ghost… survive… heh. Get it? Yeahhhh.

But enough about Nearly-Headless Nick. Trina was talking business now! And this was where most of Braeden's attention was focused. "Exactly!" he said as she explained this was only 're-location', not theft. "That works. And if not, we'll just say the armor got lonely down here," he said with a shrug. And he was serious about using that excuse. It made perfect sense to him; he'd get lonely if he was a suit of armor down here too. "How should we go about it? Levitate it up to the towers? Or do you know any Disillusionment Charms to hide it while we move it around?" asked Braeden, the excitement sparkling in his brown eyes. He reeeeaaally wanted a suit of armor in the common room. He'd get up in the middle of the night just to go there and laugh at his reflection. He really would.

Oooooooh. American, eh? He knew there was something funny about her accent. Well, go figure! This was the second American he found in Hogwarts. Now he couldn't help but ask - "East coast? Like where New York is? Does that mean you're a famous actress?!" he asked hopefully. Braeden, being the ignorant little peasant boy who had never been outside of the UK that he was, assumed that everyone who came from the States must've been a famous Hollywood actor/actress. Though this girl was from the east. So maybe she was a famous New York actress instead. Either way, that was pretty exciting! He'd never met anyone famous before!

— the sun & the moon