View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ikenna Gevrik

Gnome

Ministry RPG Name:
Ikenna Gevrik
The Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Kurumi found her jaw dropping a bit as the man spoke to her in her mother tongue, even if it was very brief and it was the type of phrase that you could find in any how to book about the Japanese language. Still, and she wasn't sure why, it had put her at ease. She wouldn't mind the chance to speak her language, if Mr. Gevrik could indeed speak it. Kurumi bowed her head again, this time to show respect, and her grip around the Quibbler loosened.
Ah, Gryffindors. Gevrik was pleased to have the girl with the Quibbler relaxing slightly in front of him; perhaps her ease would transfer to the others here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Satine looked at the man who just being around her made her feel like a little child...his presence was almost suffocating...She met his eyes, "Well, sir, last term I was traveling and studying abroad...and since you are here this term, I just wanted to speak with you about last term and see what I missed that made the Ministry feel the need to send someone to the school. " she said it very plainly with her usual smile on her face...this did bother her a little bit because no one seemed to really talk about last term which was odd since there was a TwiWizard Tourny going on.
Take this...nervous Ravenclaw, for example. She was supposed to be from the intelligent House and yet she seemed to have missed completely the point of his speech at the feast and his reason for being here.

"We must share the same confusion, Satine," he addressed her just as plainly. "Although I am confused as to why you think my being here has anything at all to do with Triwizard Tournament."

If she had been listening then, which she (apparently) had not been, she would have noticed that Gevrik had mentioned a previous history of faulty school security. Last term was the exception to the rule in that no one (to his knowledge) died, was maimed, kidnapped or otherwise openly harmed.

"Things take time to get through the red tape of any bureaucracy," Ikenna tacked on after a few seconds' pause for thought. "I am but a new hire to your Ministry and as such, I am merely going about my job securing all areas the Ministry is responsible for. Hogwarts is high on the list. If you would like more evidence of why, I would suggest a trip to the library or your History of Magic professor."

He meant this in good-humour, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoerawrr View Post
Ah...

Well, at least it was only a slight objection.

Jake of course missed out on the implication and definitely on the joke, taking all of that seriously. "Not a medical need per se," he explained, before blandly going on. "I have an issue which makes social interation quite difficult, and eye contact almost impossible. It's also why I come across as rude but that's a different aspect of it. It's on my file, but apparently my professors have overlooked it."

COUGHlafayCOUGH.

"The eye contact issue is why I now wear the glasses," Jake finished, and looked at the other two students.
"Well, Jake," he turned back to the Hufflepuff and listened to his excuse with a blank face. "I have also read your file. I am not one of your professors but I do wish to help you, and I think it would be to both your benefit and mine, and that of your fellow students', if you would kindly remove the sunglasses."

He blinked, added a smile, and firmly said, "Please."

But only death the jealous eyes can close.