View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ikenna Gevrik

Gnome

Ministry RPG Name:
Ikenna Gevrik
The Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoerawrr View Post
"No objections from me," Jake replied, standing up straight rather than slouching against the room.

He was familiar with Kurumi anyway, wasn't he?

And since Ikenna had asked him that more politely than Jake had been expecting, Jake responded with, "And would you object if I kept my sunglasses on?"

No promises that he'd take them off, though.
Jake's response was promising, and yet,

"I do object, just slightly," Ikenna continued affably. "Forgive my potential insensitivity, but I do not sense the need for you to be wearing such a protective device indoors. Unless of course you have the medical need..."

He was implying that Jake did not...and was at the same time making something of an inside joke. Was Ikenna here to protect the children from the harsh rays of natural light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Kurumi nearly jumped out of her robes when she heard the man's voice. Turning around on her heels, Kurumi bowed at a 90 degrees in greeting. Wait, how did he know she was waiting for him? Kurumi eyed Jake at his comment about his sunglasses. Sunglasses, inside, really? Kurumi wasn't sure she understood the desire to wear them inside, but perhaps it was some sort of British fashion statement that she was unaware of.

Kurumi nodded her head to Mr. Gevrik's question. "T-T-T-Thanks fine," she whispered gripping the Quibbler a little more tightly.
He turned his attention to the female, now, and returned her bow with a slow tilting of his own head. "Domo arigato; we can head to my office just–"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Satine walked up...no clicked up in her heels...to the Gargoyles. These things always gave her chill. In her mind, they needed leis or something around their neck. It just drove her crazy...they were just tooo...well...too blah!...

She stood staring at the boring and normal things, hoping that someday they would show a little bit of magic and wink or flap their wings or just something instead of stand there like a ...well a pair of Stone Gargoyles...how disappointing to hide entrances to the HeadMaster and the new mystery man and just be Stone Gargoyles. She let out a sigh and then glanced around...

Well, if I was going to see the Headmaster, I'd have a password, but since I've come to see the Ministry Security Man what do I do?...she stared blank face and then had an idea. She stood next to one of the Stone Gargoyles and leaned in to it's ear and whispered, "ummm...Satine Farris here to see Mr. Ikenna Gavrik" she whispered sounding out each syllable of the man's name.

She leaned back and rolled her eyes glancing over her shoulder to make sure no one saw how ridiculous she looked whispering sweet nothings in an ugly stone's ear. And then she felt extremely dumb as she noticed the new mystery man talking with two other students just over her shoulder,... way to pay attention...

She stepped back with a very red face and stared at the three of them not sure if she should interrupt or wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
After his meeting with Tate, he had taken some time to mull things over a good, warm broccoli soup. Now that his brain was back in proper working order, and he wasn't thinking about their conversation, it seemed a good time to pay a visit to Ikenna. The man had said that perhaps they should talk sometime after the feast, and he'd rather ask his questions of the Ministry's security liaison early in the semester rather than late.

With a satisfied stomach and a head full of questions, he made his way back to the stone gargoyles, pausing when he saw Ikenna amongst an already gathered group of students. Popular man indeed. His eyes flicked to a younger girl who seemed apprehensive about joining the gathering, and not sure what to do himself he moved over to lean against the wall near her, sparing her a small smile. May as well keep company while he waited.
"–after I speak with these two." Ikenna flashed Kurumi a reassuring smile and tried not to laugh as he addressed the Ravenclaw first.

"How may I help you, Miss Farris?" Technically, she was seeing him now so her goal (as she had informed the stone gargoyles) was already accomplished.

Dakest remained a dark horse, however, leaning against the wall as he was. "Would you also mind accompanying us all to my office, Sabel? It seems we have a tea party in order."

Oh joy.

But only death the jealous eyes can close.