View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Gryffindoll

Scheming Marauder
Ghost

Serial Prankster • Troloholic • Like a BAWS • Brae the Lionheart & Lion Cub • AnDee & Melsse

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess of*hp* View Post
Deus rose a single, perfectly tweezed eyebrow in the Gryffindor's direction before smirking slightly. This guy was cheeky, a trait held dear to the haughty Ravenclaw. Maybe he could grow to like this sixth year. Who knew what the future held? Only Merlin. His robes billowed behind him as he walked. A light fall breeze blew through the grounds and ruffled his hair slightly, but not enough for Amadeus to care to mess with it at this moment in time.

He couldn't help but chortle at the comment about real estate. "Well, I suppose I'll take over the family business of wand-making. There's good money where that lies, so I wouldn't have to worry about my future after becoming independent. Not that I've ever been financially worried." From his own, prideful comment came a hearty laugh. "But what about you? Are you thinking ahead? I expect your parents, head of house, somebody has put the pressure on you."
Braeden couldn't help but allow his dark eyebrows to raise as Deus shared with him his plans of taking over the family's wand-making business. Merlin. Was he dealing with the next Ollivander's?! That would be pretty admirable.

The boy smiled faintly and shrugged in a 'yeah-I-figured' sort of way as Deus explained that he had never been financially worried, a comment which he followed with a laugh that the younger of the two boys had not been expecting. It was... kind of scary, actually. But not scary enough to shoo goofy ol' Brae away. But then the tables turned and the topic of conversation was him. And... was he thinking ahead?

"Well, if by 'thinking ahead' you mean thinking about what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow before this day's over, then yeah, I'm always thinking ahead," said Braeden with a nod, chuckling softly. "However, if you're talking long-term..." the boy trailed off for a moment thoughtfully, his dark eyes absentmindedly watching his feet as they walked. "Well, to be completely honest, I've got no idea what I'm going to do once I'm out of Hogwarts. And I'm not receiving all that much pressure, actually; Dad just wants me to find something that I'll like." He shrugged. Maybe rich families were just different; Brae didn't want Deus to get the impression that he came from a family that didn't care about the future, but Braeden's father was rather lenient when it came to his son's future. As long as Braeden did something that made him happy, the old man was happy.

— the sun & the moon