Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hello Allison. I was commenting on your ff last night when we lost Internet. Anyway, to your story. Love the human things you put in your story.
Quote:
"Ah...I am flattening out the dough for some bread I am making. An old trick my mother taught me when I was a little girl in order to help the bread rise better."
When you pound knead the dough, it activates the yeast that makes the dough rise.
Quote:
I took a couple of steps towards the garden where the usual garden gnomes were wandering about, muttering under their breaths. I took a couple of steps towards one who froze instantly, a rather large flower in its dirty little hands.

"Drop it," I said, giving the gnome a rather dark stare. The gnome dropped the flower instantly before running off. No one understand how or why but for some reason the pesky gnomes that his family had spent years trying to rid from their garden actually listened to me.

I continued over to the wooden fence that surrounded the backyard of the burrow and leaned against it, some of the morning dew that had been caught on the surface of the wood seeping into my pajamas. I closed my eyes, reaching out with my mind to all the quiet subtleties that people without my ability often missed. I was partially listening to what a mother bird was chirping to her children when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I had been so into the sounds around me that I had completely missed Harry coming out of the house.
This is my favorite part of the post. I love it so much. Very nicely written!
Loved this first part of the chapter Allison. I'll be watching for your next post.