View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 AM

Post Deathly Hallows: Part I short-listed for 2010 Academy Awards in Visual Effects

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revealed its seven finalists to possibly receive nominations in the Achievement in Visual Effects category for this year's Academy Awards, and amongst them was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I. The full list of the 'Bake-off', cut down from the original 15 semifinalists announced last month, is below.

Quote:
"Alice in Wonderland"
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1"
"Hereafter"
"Inception"
"Iron Man 2"
"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"
"Tron: LEGACY"
The list will be shortened to the five actual nominees in the Visual Effects category at the Oscars, which will be given out on Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. The nominees for the 83rd Academy Awards will be announced on Tuesday, January 25, 2011. We will have more information regarding possible nominations for Deathly Hallows: Part I and its stars that morning.

Additionally, production designer Stuart Craig was nominated for a 2010 Art Directors Guild award in the fantasy film category for his work on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I. Those awards will be given out on February 5, 2011 at a black-tie ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Congratulations to all those nominated and short-listed for awards this season!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I has now been released worldwide. Click on the banner below to order tickets for the film at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.