View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
nogoodforyou
Slytherin
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nora Penelope Reed
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Konrad Alexander Scherfig
Minister's Office
I'm just one of those pretty little liars... | | I'm held down in this starless city...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Child View Post
Awesome job and i love the title however it can be so much fun to tickle a sleeping dragon! I can't wait for more
Thank you!

Here is the next part; I hope the plot is not too boring, now at the beginning.

Chapter One: "Bottle fame, brew glory, put a stopper in death..." - Part two

The next day in the morning, Draco was thinking about his first class. Potions, with the Gryffindors. "That’s just the greatest way of starting a day," Pansy’s voice sang in his ears while she was spinning around, as a response to his thoughts, who mysteriously appeared next to him.

"Pansy, would you mind if I’ll ask you to stop following me? Please?"

"Maybe I shouldn’t have said it that way," he mumbled just for himself, the moment Pansy ran out of the Slytherin common room, probably crying. At least that was going to keep her away from him for a while.

He slowly made his way to the Potions class, which was not far from the Slytherin dormitories. There were a few Slytherin students, Neville Longbottom and Hermione Granger. Nobody seemed to notice his presence, so he sat down at the table he usually sat at. The door was swinging every second, the room starting to fill with students. The last person who entered the room was wearing black, flowing robes, had a hooked nose and black, slimy hair. Professor Snape.

"Put away your wand, Crabbe. How many times do I have to tell you I do not want to see foolish wand-waving in my classes?" The potions master spoke, actually addressing to the whole lot of students. That was a kind of "Good morning" for him. "Open your books at page three hundred and forty seven. You will be brewing the Elixir to Induce Euphoria today. And I am warning you, if it is not perfect, you will be drinking it. Maybe we will have some fun seeing some new effects," said Snape almost smiling, looking at Neville. Poor Neville. He was always mixing something up. "You will find all the instructions you need in your books and the ingredients in the cabinet from the back of the room. You may start."

Draco was quietly adding the ingredients to his Elixir, while the other Slytherins looked like they had never had a potion to brew before. He was also watching Pansy, as she dropped one Mint Spring on the floor. She was usually good at Potions, but not that day. Not after what Draco had told her. He also took a look at the Gryffindors, seeing Hermione as she was helping everyone as usual, especially Neville. There was a moment she looked at him, blushed and turned her face quickly, seeing his grey eyes already looking blankly at her. "What’s wrong with her?" Blaise Zabini asked all of a sudden, who seemed to watch Hermione as well. But Draco didn’t say anything, just went to the cabinet for Shrivelfig.

"Um... Hi," a voice said from behind him. He wasn’t exactly familiar to it, so he eventually turned around to face Hermione.

"Yes?" Draco said with one eyebrow raised, sounding a bit colder than he meant to. "I’m sorry. Hi," he continued, amazed of what he had said. Why was he apologizing to her?

"So, how’s your Elixir?" Hermione asked as she was nervously fiddling with a dark curl.

Draco looked puzzled at her. What question was that? "Good, I hope," he finally said. "And yours?"

"Oh, I’m almost ready."

That was an odd conversation. Draco was still asking himself why he was so polite to Hermione, Harry Potter’s best friend, the one whom he used to call a mudblood for six years. He suddenly felt sorry for everything he told her in the past years. "I have to go -" he said, not sure how to continue.

"To add Shrivelfig?" Hermione asked, and he could clearly notice the blood rush through her cheeks.

"You’re right."

The young man went back to his cauldron, leaving Hermione at the cabinet to search for who knows what ingredient. He kept asking himself whether there was something wrong with him. It looked like all the Slytherins were asking themselves the same question. "What are you looking at?" Draco asked annoyed, looking at Blaise.

"You should have had enough time to finish the Elixir," said Snape after a few moments. "Now put some in a vial and I shall examine them. And I said you had enough time, Longbottom. Miss Granger, stop helping him or you will lose points for Gryffindor."

The students quietly put their Elixirs in vials and left the dungeons, while most of them couldn’t wait to get out of there.

"We will see tomorrow who is going to try his own Elixir," Snape added after a few other moments.

I hope you like it. And have a happy New Year!

Last edited by nogoodforyou; 07-21-2011 at 01:35 PM.