sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-06-2019, 05:25 PM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is online now
 
Default Into the Mist: Hogwarts Grounds



The temperature drops as you approach the front gates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The castle that can usually be seen off in the distance is entirely obscured by the thick mist that has settled. Just a glance makes it difficult to see where the mist ends and the sky begins. It is as if the entire castle is engulfed.

An eerie silence hangs about. No birds fly overhead and there are no creatures big or small scurrying in the vicinity. The occasional rustle of unseen leaves are all that occasionally step in to break the silence.

There is an ominous feel as you get closer, a dread you cannot explain but it weighs heavy on you the closer you get. Just nerves? A justifiable fear?

The mist almost seems to watch you as you approach. As if it is its own living being and the feeling is enough to send chills up your spine. What lies ahead?

Quote:
This thread is a special 'out in the field' thread for employees of the Ministry of Magic RPG. Please do not post here unless you have been given permission to do so..
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,280

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Not today, Satan!
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

While Olly was completely silent while staring out into the mist, she let out a loud shriek when she was suddenly grabbed by something. What was-

She was too startled to think straight, let alone shout out to her employees. And soon enough it was physically impossible to do either of those things as the hands (?) wrapped themselves around her and pulled, and pulled, and she had nothing to hold onto, there was nothing she could do, absolutely nothing-

But she had employees.

People who weren't going to let her die at least for now. People who were pulling her in the other direction of the ominous and dangerous limbs coming from the mist. Olly stumbled but finally started fighting the mist, thrashing about, almost falling over in the process.
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 PM   #52 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,460

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

The calm she felt from her patronus was short lived and the sinking feeling she felt after the light from the field mouse faded away was overwhelming. This was not what she'd signed up for, not what they'd signed up for, and Mariana was shaking as she aimed her wand into the mist. "Immobulus!" This was a losing battle and as scared as the botanist was for those inside the castle, her focus had to be on the people immediately around her. "Listen to my voice! Come this way. Do not let go of the rope!" She tried to keep her voice steady, tried to ignore the horrible things she could sense around her, the things she'd seen. She was at the back of the group, it was her job to guide them. "This way! This way out of the mist! Hurry!" And the brunette started following the rope back towards the gate, one hand over the other, willing everyone to make it back safely.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:23 AM   #53 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,600

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eloise Fairfield
Fifth Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelica Li
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls | Wife

While Alexander Brian was seeing something he would rather not be seen in the mist and that was not even touching what everyone was panicking about. He knew it was way to unlikely to be here in the forsaken school and cast it out of his mind and onto the matter of hand. Which wasn't any better even tho he was still holding the rope. Everyone casting Immobulus at things they cant see. It's a start. Just need one person to try..ok he will do it You don't get to be head of Oceanoizardry by panicking. Well, guess you could if you are lucky. Raising his wand above his head.

"Lumos Maxima!"

Nice to try and see what they are dealing with. And if it didn't work. On to plan B. Which is a retreat at this point. Yeah best, everyone listens to the Kay and everyone else repeating the same thing and get out of here before someone actually dies. Then they can blame whoever for making them come here because you know Olly wouldn't have.

Everyone was saying retreat and well they needed to get moving

This was over everyones pay grade right now
__________________
-----------------------------------------------We must kill this love
--------------------------------------------------------------Yeah it's sad but true
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod





DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,741

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Abra Pepperwood
First Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Louisa Pepperwood
Leaky Cauldron
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Archer was useless. Absolutely bloody useless. This entire ordeal had shaken him, and something in him, into a dumb shock. It was all he could do to keep standing with his hand on the rope. But when he saw Olly step away from the rope, after thinking they would all be fine - they just needed to retreat - they suddenly weren't.

People were calling out for Olly, trying to get her to shift her attention to them rather than whatever it was out there. He shuddered. The thing of nightmares, indeed, was what was out there. No, they weren't taking Olly.

The botanist already didn't have a great deal of defensive spells locked away in his mind, let alone when he was in a state such as now. So he merely had the quickest listen to his surroundings before pulling his wand out with slightly shaking hands and calling "Immobulus," to the... things, whatever they were. "Come on Olly," he said. They needed to fall back. Kat had Olly connected by a rope, and perhaps they would all be able to use their strength to pull her back with them.
__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,049

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The spells cast have bought you a bit of time and released all in the grasp of the mist. There's no telling how long it will last but for the moment, the way is clear to make that grand escape everyone's been not so subtly praying for.

The stillness in the mist is not reassuring in the slightest. Even now with the threat temporarily abated, there is an eerie feeling that you are being watched.

Best make use of this golden opportunity and run before the mist swings back into action in full force.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:07 AM   #56 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking to the sky
Posts: 11,866

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
First Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Lucy noticed that there was a chance for the group to make a quick escape to safety. "We need to move now! Keep wands at the ready just in case!" she yelled at the others. Lucy was determined to have herself and the rest of her department escape with their lives.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #57 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,280

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Her head was spinning but somehow Olly managed to stumble along with the rest of the group - the rope still tied around her was most definitely helping too. Thank you, Kat. If her employees were hoping for guidance or any kind of orders, they were out of luck at the moment but at least their department head wasn't actively trying to get lost anymore.

They were retreating. They were getting out of there.

They should never have come here in the first place.

Was that the gate she could see through the mist? Or was it just a trick her mind was playing on her? Either way, they still had their rope to follow. The rope would lead them back out. Away from the things. Away from the castle. Back home.
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod





DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,741

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Abra Pepperwood
First Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Louisa Pepperwood
Leaky Cauldron
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Archer couldn't see everyone to check if there were any missing faces, but he was going to assume that others would have picked up on it. His colleague in front and behind him were still holding on, and that was mostly what he could see.

All he was thinking about was the gate, getting back to the gate and out of the mist. Anything that came after safety didn't even cross his mind. "Come on, we're getting there," he said, mostly to himself.
__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:31 AM   #59 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,280

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

While Olly was not able to actually see through the list, she could feel the gate coming closer and closer. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking. She was limply holding onto the rope tied around her waist with one hand, following the rest or her employees.

That was-

Oh.

The gate.

It was the gate.

She hurried up, almost stumbling over her own feet, eager to get out of the mist and off the Hogwarts grounds. Actually, “eager” didn’t even cut it. The feeling was so much stronger. There. She touched the gate once she was close enough, elated to be feeling the metal under her fingertips. They’d made it. They’d survived. Or at least she hoped that nobody had stayed inside.

”Let’s....use your portkeys.” Olly finally said, voice still shaking slightly. That was all she could say for now. They portkeys would take them back to the Ministry.

To safety.


OOC: Hey guys, thank you so much for playing and being active and just being awesome in general. Go ahead and post your charries making it out of the mist and using their emergency portkey; it will lead them to the Atrium of the Ministry. We can reconvene there.

Last edited by Shanners; 08-03-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: i haz permission
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #60 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking to the sky
Posts: 11,866

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
First Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

To say that Lucy was relieved at the sight of the gate was certainly the understatement of the century. The woman was weary from her perilous assignment and she felt as if her legs might buckle from underneath her but she was determined to exit the mist.

She carefully made her way to her emergency portkey and used it to make her way to the Atrium.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #61 (permalink)


DERP & DoM
Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,494

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Gunter
Sixth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Not real. Not real. Not real. Kat repeated that multiple times in her head as she continued her way back outside the gate along with everyone else. She still kept her grip around the both ropes, the one that was leading them back to safety and the one that was still wrapped around Olly's waist. She had absolutely no intention of letting of either ropes.

It honestly felt like a death march. They weren't that far, actually, but the general presence of the mist had drained whatever daylight there was metaphorically present in the blond.

Kat let out a relieved sigh as they reached safe grounds. She made a head count of all the people in her division, noting that they were all present. Another wave of relief rushed over her. She offered all of them a nod of acknowledgment for a job well done. For surviving. That was the most important thing at the moment.

Before transporting back to the ministry, Kat made sure to send a severing charm on the rope she'd conjured around Olly. "Good to go, boss." There was no more need for that. They were alive. They were safe. They could go home at the end of the day. With that, Kat took her emergency portkey and felt the sensation of being carried away on a hook. She'd take this feeling over all that she'd experienced today.

And off she went.
__________________
I was lost, now I'm found___________________________________________

____________________I put my hands in the air, and my knees to the ground
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,049

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

In the midst of isolation following the departure of the last Ministry team, an eerie silence has settled over the grounds of Hogwarts. There is a stillness in the air, reminiscent of the fact the castle has truly and by all means been abandoned.

Approaching the gate, you’ll notice the mist has receded, allowing for more access than had previously been possible. Now, one could make it nearly to the lake in one direction and just shy of the courtyard in the next. Is it finally letting up or simply moved to somewhere else?

What hasn’t changed, is the thick nature of the mist where it remains. Stepping in will be no different from before, vision beyond an arm’s length virtually impossible.

Hopefully you’ve come more prepared this time.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,471

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

It was lucky, really, that the quads were all still being kept in the hospital. They had been there since they were born (for monitoring, until they all got a little bigger) which meant that Jake had not yet had to start dealing with sleepless nights and four needy babies, and so was not yet as exhausted as he might have been. He had a sneaking suspicion that being overtired on an assignment like this could only end badly.

That was not to say he wasn’t tired. Even with the oldest two now off at Hog- uh... Beauxbatons, and the youngest four at St. Mungo’s, that still left three kids that needed looking after, and work to boot. Because he was still working, hence why he was here.

Here. At Hogwarts. Dangerous, misty Hogwarts. To try and help discover the source of the mist, contain it, and find those two kids. Yikes.

As they approached the gates en masse, Jake got his first look at this infamous mist that had caused so many problems. He hadn’t been here last time, so he couldn’t make any comparisons, but according to reports it seemed like it had receded somewhat. Maybe this should have seemed like good news, but Jake knew better than to pin any hopes on that. It was still there, wasn’t it? That meant it was still a problem.

After checking he still had his second wand in his double holster - as though it might have spontaneously leapt free on the way here - Jake rolled his already-drawn primary, the blackthorn, between his fingers and awaited further instruction from Boss Lady Alexa.
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #64 (permalink)




DMLE & DMAC
Knarl
 
Daemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ProcrastinationLand
Posts: 9,383

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ayana Sissay
Graduated
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Benzi Rider
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Bambi Ackerly
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ </head><body>

Benzi had done a considerable amount of research since the emergency notice came through and today. An innocent mist is just a gravity-challenged cloud, bad for visibility for often harmless, so this was clearly no innocent mist. Couple that with the reports from the employees who had been here during the school year, it was highly possible that the mist was sentient, or at least created to seem like it. Either way, it was definitely one of the creepier things to happen to this school in recent history.

Today's agenda was simple enough; find the source, dispose of the source, and rid the school of any residual creepiness. And find those two children. Benzi shuddered at the thought of what they might find, given how long they had been missing. It was his least favourite thing about today, by far.

His wands were still in their respective holsters as he made his way around the group, getting a 360 view. The mist was clearly contained to Hogwarts, if further back than the reports had said, which meant that whatever magic was behind it could recognise ward boundaries. This already added weight to the theory of this mist being sentient, but he'd keep his thoughts to himself for now. All his theories had been thoroughly discussed with Amrita in any case, so there was nothing left to talk about. They needed more facts.

Benzi looked around for the three department heads, taking note of the ministry employees present in the meantime, and drew his wand with a flick of his wrist. He wasn't sure about the rest of them, but he was quite eager to get this done as quickly and as effectively as possible.
__________________
when the moon is big and bright__________________________________________________ _____
it's a supernatural delight
__________________________________________________ ________
_____________________________________
_________everybody's dancing in the mooooooonlight ____________________________________
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #65 (permalink)





DoM & DMC
Nogtail
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 4,740

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elisa Marie Potter
Seventh Year
x8 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Valeray Étienne McLeod
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Bradley Antonio Davidson
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

When Darej heard the news regarding the Mist invasion on Hogwarts, naturally he felt glad to have transferred out of the school in his youth. He had to endure Dementor attacks, rapid aging classmates, and freezing temperatures. Still though... hearing that some kids were taken away, that was the worst. He couldn't imagine the outcome being a happy ending even if found given the time duration.

Anyways, he wasn't here for entirely noble reasons, however, his life was going to be at stake after all. He also had a thing for the adrenaline rush which got him into his line of work. Something unforeseen was there, something that drove out the creatures of the Forbidden Forest. Perhaps there were some creatures that could survive this mist? That was intriguing him.

So Darej was here with the others. He was loitering with the rest of his team waiting on the first rule of order. His wand was at the ready and he appeared calm and focused. Who was going in first? He turned his head to eye each one, thinking over tactics that may be needed.
__________________
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear ▬ _______________________________

____________________ ▬ I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear..
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Co-DA Proprietor

St Mungos Mod



DMLE
Plimpy
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 15,368

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

So this was it, huh? Lex took a stop just beyond the large front gates, taking in the obviously receded mist. “And here I thought we’d be rushing into danger the second we got here. Looks like we’ll be walking for it.” A faint smirk playing on her lips. Did she sound unconcerned? Almost equal parts excited for the rush and disappointed they’d have to wait longer for it? Well, she was. The last month had seen her mostly contained to her office. This was a golden opportunity and she’d be damned if “it’s dangerous” dampened her mood or excitement.

The mist, by what she could see, was moving inward, not outward. If it’d last been seen at the gate but now was clear across this section here, there were a few deductions to be made.

“We’ll wait for the others to catch up, figure out the game plan from there. Nothing too reckless.” She had a daughter and husband to get home to—both she’d made promises of not dying to.

“All the reports say there’s gruesome stuff in there. Wands ready, step lightly. Assess the full situation before you go shooting—though I don’t suspect I need to tell any of you that.” Her department, by definition, handled dangerous things on a near constant basis. While she didn’t want them to get arrogant, they did know how to do their jobs. That was the one thing she was confident about.

There were many points to hit today. They’d cross them all off the list.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:01 AM   #67 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,201

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Hogwarts and the unknown…the mysterious, potentially dangerous.

They had been going together for as long as the school was in existence, Simon was almost sure of. Shoot, he should know personally, given how he’d spent nearly the entirety of his 7th year at the school; a heights-hating pirate in a quidditch-playing-teenager’s body. It came on and then all of a sudden one day BAM. The limit had been reached and something…anything…had to be done about it. Otherwise the centuries-old school of witchcraft and wizardry would cease to be just that. Things could only go horribly wrong for sooooo long before the Ministry, or at least experts, had to get involved.

The current mystery wasn’t any different, especially with missing children involved. The scientists had already been through what they could get access to to declare it non-natural caused and safe to breath in, now some physical force used to dangerous situations was brought in in the form of law enforcement and Simon had gotten himself attached to the task force. He approached the gate with the rest that had arrived, his wand already at the ready in his grasp. His eyes flickering around their surroundings trying to take in as much as he could to process.

Constant vigilance and all that.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:50 AM   #68 (permalink)




DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,354

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

This....wasn't exactly the way he'd envisioned returning to Hogwarts. At all. But, after hearing all the gory details from both Archer's first-hand account and the report from the Environmental team, he knew he had to come help. Especially with the news that two of the students had been trapped in the stuff.

No rushing into danger. Didn't have to tell him twice. He wasn't exactly keen on being yanked anywhere by disembodied hands, much less into fog where he'd possibly have to relive the whole 'Inferi incident'. Taking a look at the grounds, it was obvious that the fog had disappeared somewhere, though where? The girlfriend had mentioned that the stuff had been spilling onto the third floor when they finally fled the castle. Had it taken over the whole castle now?

Of course, Ronan's wand was already in hand, down by his side but ready at a moment's notice. Constant vigilance, as Professor Hirsch would say. He really hoped the other's would hurry, as his mind was already percolating with thoughts and ideas. Also, the calm was eerie, especially with what he was used to Hogwarts being like and he wanted something to take his mind off it. Like the calm before the storm.
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMC
Gnome
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 385

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stella Starson
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryson Addams
Magical Creatures
Default
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Why would you at that, he was back at Hogwarts again, and this time it wasn't for pink little mutants that were wondering around the castle eating things. Now thanks to that he was sorta scared of small creatures even a pygmy puff, weird yeah...he knows but you never know what they're capable of! Now there was something more serious and more deadly then the last time, the mist that was now taking over Hogwarts, what was worse it took kids without a trace. Yeah... the stakes were high with this one, but it was part of his job and it had to be done. I matter how dangerous it was.

Walking to the gate his blue wondered around the eerie quiet grounds that once held so much and energy, it was so quiet you could hear a pen drop. Waiting for the rest of the team to show up he nodded his head Darej a fellow member of DMC and fellow beast division member. Wand out ready, determined and focused he stood calmly ready to face this mist. Yeah... he was coming out alive in this, he had a family to get home to and couldn't leave hanging. Waiting for the others and the big boss ahem... James for orders his blue eyes kept looking around.

Looking around, Bryson noticed that the mist seem to move inward not outward, hm.... definitely strange. But one thing for sure even if it was doing so, it still looked the same as he heard, impossible to see abything in front of you.
__________________
People say, play it safe but I don't wanna live that way

Take a chance, change the game let's show 'em that we're not afraid!
Granger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #70 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,148

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Lying in bed with her daughter until the alarm went off was not a bad plan, as far as plans by Amrita went, but it was a bad plan in the sense that she ended up in tears when the alarm went off, and now had a blocked nose, clogged sinuses and eyes that were slightly bloodshot. The bloodshot eyes were largely offset by applying some white eyeliner (a secret Amrita had learned long ago, because this was a frequent enough occurrence with her) to her waterlines, but there was little to be done about her clogged sinuses and the fact that she was significantly less early than she had planned to be.

She had to come back in one piece. She had to. Even if just to spite her grandmother who insisted that the Auror force was no place for a young mother. But mostly because she couldn't bear the thought of Jasmine being orphaned.

She knew the mission. She knew it so well she could recite the objectives in her sleep. She had gone above and beyond with the research, just as Benzi had. Theories had been discussed, none of which sat well with her, and the recovery of the two students still missing made her feel physically ill, despite noting that the mist seemed to have receeded, based on reports.

Alexa's voice was her beacon, and she drew closer, just to be sure she didn't miss anything. Luckily for her, the whole speech had some of her fears swept away. The rest of them would probably evaporate once the adrenaline kicked in. "Understood," she said, before turning to try spot Benzi. If there was anything she knew, it was that she had his back, and that he had hers, and that they were both going home to their daughters as long as Amrita Sandhu had anything to say bout it.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #71 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,299

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

Hogwarts, your reputation precedes you. Ever chaotic, ever overcome with disaster. James Draper did not miss that. It seemed that his port-key had landed him at the front gates just in the middle of all other arrivals. He had been hoping to make it a few minutes earlier, but he'd work with what he got. It seemed a crowd of aurors were present, and his own department was making way as well. Good. The sooner everyone got here, the sooner they could get this matter resolved once and for all.

Identify the problem. Contain it. Rescue the kids. The tasks were simple. Forward. Intuitive.

He took a few steps forward to meet Alexa Cambridge at the front of the group, catching her words to those in her own department, and nodded to those in his to affirm that they ought to be listening as well. It was important that they were all on the same page. Different departments. One ministry. Same goals. Inter-departmental unity was essential in this regard and the more cohesive the team, the more successful their results would be.

He didn't have much to add to Alexa's initial remarks, wanting to wait for everyone to make way to Hogwarts before saying anything more on the matter. "We're working as a team, call upon each other's strengths and use them to your advantage," in other words, know when to step up and step back. Was James slightly skeptical about auror arrogance? Yes. That was just as much for them as it was for his own department. They didn't need anyone trying to act as the "hero" today. They'd need to work together for this mission to work with any degree of relative success. He looked out at the grounds, tightening the grip on his own wand in anticipation of what was to come.

He had his own theories, many of which he had already shared with his department. But in practice, anything can happen. He was prepared for the worst. Give us your worst, Hogwarts. We can handle it.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #72 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tour de Notre Dame
Posts: 25,100
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Albert Magnus Morgenstern
Magical Creatures
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

It didn't take long for one Albert Morgenstern to show up right after James Draper, after doing a quick recap of their theories and probable solutions to their current predicament. It sure was unprecedented, but nonetheless, he was quite optimistic for today's operation. It would have been perfect if he had the option to stay behind and deploy his division's team instead. He was however delighted to see one of his own on the field, about to do what he hated the most: legwork.

The man did a quick scan of the area as he re-adjusted his tie, and straightened out his coat. Albert squinted at the sight before him, keeping a very safe distance away from it, and had the feeling that it was indeed an identity-- a result most likely from accidental or illegal breeding if his theories with Draper were correct. Keeping his eyes peeled on the mist, he too got his wand out and sauntered towards the forming group. He tried to take note of the people who were already there and added them to the roster in his head. He'd been planning a solution since their department got the directive from the Minister, and he thought it would be helpful to know who was involved and how they could help them carry the operation.

But then again, most of the time, operations don't go as planned. Not when emergencies like this one required all of them to think on their feet. Still, he came prepared. He'd rather have his theories with him at least, than gawk stupidly at the situation.

Legwork. Merlin.
__________________

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming, or the moment of truth in your lies.
When everything feels like the movies, yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.

The Morgensterns of Derwent Isle | The Underground Studio
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default Kind of winging it here beause I have no idea where we are specifically.
Stay Free

Caleb had heard about the mist being a problem at Hogwarts. He heard weird and crazy rumours. He was glad that his sister would not be here this year and instead she would be somewhere else. Where was it? Some kind of French school, he knew that. He nodded at was being said. He glanced at everyone around him, a couple of people he might have seen in the ministry. He never bothered to learn anyone's name.
2111jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Megan wasn’t at all surprised when she heard of the strange mist that took over Hogwarts and thus, forcing the students and staff to relocate to Beauxbatons. She thought that was completely exciting (the relocation, not the mist) because a change of scenery was always good. Not if you’re a first year and looking forward to Hogwarts, sadly. As it was, Megan joined her coworkers and the other involved Departments. She had been involved in many strange situations and knew very well by now to be fully alert. Eyes were peeled, her wand was gripped and ready for action.

All that was needed was instructions from the Department Heads, something she was one hundred percent sure that would come soon enough.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #75 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,460

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Emilia felt a strange sense of calm as she neared the other members of her department, the same calm she felt right before combat. Though she did not know what her opponent would throw at her, she knew her own skill, and that provided her with some small level of confidence. It helped that she'd been granted permission to come here, to help. The brunette knew what that meant and was going to do everything in her power to prove herself as a team player and as an asset.

As she scanned her surroundings, hand tightening around her wand, she couldn't help but think of the missing children. If she was being honest with herself, she was much more afraid of what she might find in relation to them once they stepped foot on the grounds. They were just kids. They were supposed to be safe at school. Instead they'd vanished, been left behind, and it left the yati's stomach in knots just thinking about it.

__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« St. James's Park | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180