sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom


United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-06-2019, 05:25 PM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Into the Mist: Hogwarts Grounds



The temperature drops as you approach the front gates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The castle that can usually be seen off in the distance is entirely obscured by the thick mist that has settled. Just a glance makes it difficult to see where the mist ends and the sky begins. It is as if the entire castle is engulfed.

An eerie silence hangs about. No birds fly overhead and there are no creatures big or small scurrying in the vicinity. The occasional rustle of unseen leaves are all that occasionally step in to break the silence.

There is an ominous feel as you get closer, a dread you cannot explain but it weighs heavy on you the closer you get. Just nerves? A justifiable fear?

The mist almost seems to watch you as you approach. As if it is its own living being and the feeling is enough to send chills up your spine. What lies ahead?

Quote:
This thread is a special 'out in the field' thread for employees of the Ministry of Magic RPG. Please do not post here unless you have been given permission to do so by either Lislchen or sweetpinkpixie.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,028

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

Tick tock tick tock tick.

The gate creaks open just a bit more, almost as if Hogwarts were pleading with you to hurry on inside. An ominous reminder through the graze haze ahead that time is of the essence.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 AM   #27 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotta Get Up
Posts: 11,529

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Lucy didn't have any questions so she indicated that by shaking her head at Olly. She then heard Mariana's question about who was going to lead and replied with, "I rather not lead, sorry." Lucy didn't feel confident enough to be in a leadership-based role.

She then noticed the gates open just slightly with a rather unnerving creak. "I think we need to forge ahead with this," Lucy said as she was getting ready to apply the Bubble-Head Charm.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,069

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

This was it, wasn't it?

This was her moment. A moment she never volunteered for but saw no way around it. She WAS their department head after all. "I'll go first." Olly said softly but hopefully loud enough for everyone to hear. Also she'd somehow managed to hide the fear from her voice, despite the fact that she most definitely felt it inside. All those years of keeping her emotions inside had been good for something after all.

"Tie the other end to the gate." She told Mariana before using the Bubble-Head Charm on her face and grabbing the rope at one end. Alright. This was it. Hopefully everyone knew where they'd put their emergency portkeys should they find the need to. With one last glance at her employees and a slightly longer one at her Division Heads, Olly gave a curt nod. They were going in.

And with that she pushed the gate open with her shoulder, wide enough for them to walk through.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]_____________[DERP]_____________[Queenie]
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,183

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

Well this was a load of dragon dung.
When she'd left Brazil to come back to England, Bertie had prepared for bad weather. That's what England was known for. Not for potentially killer mist. Just great. She could've been in warm, sunny, no-horror-mist Brazil minding her own business in some humid rain forest. But no. Instead she was here, because what a great start to your career it was to work for the ministry. And possibly the end of your career and/or life. When she'd joined Research and Development she hadn't thought it would include researching this. At least things hadn't changed and Hogwarts was still doing it's thing, trying to murder students.

Bertie rolled her eyes and cast the Bubble-head Charm, grabbing a few phials from her pocket once she'd put on the protective gloves. "Great school, Hogwarts." Just great.
__________________

iekenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #30 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,567

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eloise Fairfield
Fourth Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelica Li
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls | Wife

Ok now that was a little weird. The gate creaking open and all. But still less weird than the fact the mist was staying on the grounds and not coming through the gate. Strange and Very Strange. Oh was Olly actually going to got first.

Brave

Guess it was time to get the party started for everyone else not taking samples. Which included Alexander Brian. With the bubble head charm cast on himself he was basically ready and with that nod. Precautions had to be made so he would be holding loosely to part of the rope but yep no time to hestiate and procrastinate since he didnt want to be here longer than necessary.

He was following Olly in and time tosee what was happening to this basically cursed school.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------We must kill this love
--------------------------------------------------------------Yeah it's sad but true
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #31 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,267

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Mariana did her part by knotting the end of the rope closest to her around the gate, making sure the knots were tight, the rope was secure. This was their life line and she wasn't about to leave anything to chance. Then she took hold of the rope and followed behind the others, taking it one step at a time. It was a strange thing, walking into the mist. She wished her eyes would adjust, focus, but seeing what was around you was near impossible and though her other senses seemed to be on high alert, the lack of sound in particular became even more distressing. It made the simple sound of her heart beating in her chest seem loud, deafening. This all felt very much like some scary novel and she just hoped the rescue team in this story they were living made it out alive...



__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 AM   #32 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotta Get Up
Posts: 11,529

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Lucy could feel the understandable fear/tension within her workmates as she performed the Bubble-Head Charm on her face and grabbed onto the rope. She carefully began to follow, making sure that she kept alert at all times. Lucy didn't want to utter a singular sound just in case it went missing something or worse.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction & Newbie Mod




DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,575

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna Newton
Fifth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Rayner Grimwald
Scribbulus
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Bubble-head charm was a quick and easy way to ensure some protection for all involved. Archer promptly applied one, and secured the gloves onto his hands. Certain that all of the adults in presence were capable of also applying their own, he nevertheless had a quick glance around to make sure nobody needed assistance. Nerves, that sort of thing.

The man wasn't wanting to lead, of course, but he would have. Olly also had a family at home, but he wasn't disappointed when she went first. At her glance, he tried to convey a look of trust, of confidence, but wasn't sure it would come across that way. He did trust her, but they had no idea what was beyond this mist.

Taking a firm grasp of the rope, Archer followed those in front of him. Through the gates. It had been a long time for him, but his children - Merlin hope - would also be making their journey into the castle. Not with a mist, though. They had to understand it, solve whatever this was, because there was no way his children were coming here in the mist.

It was eery, the eeriest situation he had ever been in. Not being able to see far ahead, only the people who were also attached to the rope. The ominous feeling, the fear prickling down his neck like an invisible hand. The further they got, the more it intensified. His eyes saw a flicker of something and he felt the blood drain from his head, right down to his feet. Every inch of his intestines felt like they had dropped from his body. Surely his heart was beating so fast it would soon explode, the pounding in his head thub, thub, thub. He wanted to call out, but opening his mouth only paralysed his vocal cords. Something coming, but no - no it couldn't be real. The mist had to be playing with his head. It was... it was impossible. But he couldn't, wouldn't let go of the rope.

His hands tremored before his legs gave out under him. His hand being ripped from the rope as he fell. Where he landed on his knees, he covered his head with his arms. The sound escaping his mouth was a horrified groan.
__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:37 AM   #34 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotta Get Up
Posts: 11,529

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

The group was slowly making their way into the looming danger when Lucy could feel the rope behind her go slack and she heard the thud of somebody hitting the ground. With her hand still tightly gripping the rope, Lucy turned around and saw that Archer was on the ground with his arms covering his head, a look of terror on his features.

"Grab my hand," Lucy whispered, extending her free hand as panic set in. She lightly tugged the rope in order to communicate the fact that something had happened. What else could she do?
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #35 (permalink)


DMGS & DERP
Firecrab
 
Jean Granger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 938

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection
Default Anyone can claim the person she crashed into :)
Bewitching Bowtruckle | a roamin’ numeral | Newt's salamander eyes ❤ | Ko Ko Bop

After collecting enough samples outside the gates, it was finally time to go into the mist. Carrie knew it was going to happen - that was why they were here after all, to investigate the grounds - but she was still kind of in denial. Did they really have to go in? Really though, she couldn't complain; many of her coworkers had a family to look after, they were risking a great deal by stepping into the unknown. She was one of the youngest in the team, she had to be brave. Her hand trembled slightly as she cast the Bubble-Head Charm on herself, then she grasped the rope tightly with her other hand and made her way forward. Here goes nothing...

As she walked, with nothing but the thick mist surrounding them, she could feel a sense of dread weighing down on her, as if it were a tangible load on her shoulders. She jumped at the slightest sound, but it was just the sound of her colleagues' footsteps. Every now and then she felt like they were being watched, but that was also (probably) just a product of her imagination. Then she felt the rope being tugged from somewhere behind her. She turned around sharply, her wand raised - was someone in trouble? She could make out Archer, the Head Botanist, kneeling on the ground. It was clear that he didn’t just trip over, but seemed to be genuinely distressed. Why?

That was when she saw it. In that instant, Carrie thought time had stopped. No, it was not possible. Yet she stood there, rooted to the spot, unable to take her eyes off it. Soon her initial wave of shock was replaced by fear as her heart began racing and her breathing intensified. "No," she whispered, "no, no, no, please… NO! With that, she let go of the rope violently and took a few fearful steps back, crashing into the person standing behind her.
__________________
Jean Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #36 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,018

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default we love crashes!
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Laleh was apprehensive at best, but they were new on this job and frankly not sure if this was regular course of business for the Department of Environmental Blah. Either way, they were here for the protection bit, rather than the regulation bit. And the experimenting bit, because the ministry had access to all kinds of yummy plant varieties.

This was not the job they'd signed on for. But a paycheck was a paycheck, they mused as they tied the rope around the gate and cast a bubble-head charm in that somewhat dazed way that they always carried themselves in.

They had barely taken a step forward when someone crashed into them, having gone backwards. Moving the rope to their armpit, they grabbed the person's shoulders and tried to make eye contact. "Hey, hey," they said, voice as spacey as ever. "It's okay, we're okay."

What on earth was going on?
__________________
my mummy said to always wear a coat ___________________________________________
but it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float____________________________

____________________________________don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3am
_______________________________________________so shiver, but shiver with a friend
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,028

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

As you move through the gray haze and on to the Hogwarts grounds, the first thing your well trained herbologist eyes may notice is that the flora here does not seem to be particularly out of sorts. Nothing that wouldn't be expected of plants that had not seen the sun for a prolonged period of time. Your samples here, should you be able to collect any, would reveal just as much.

No toxins. Nothing foul at play. Nothing to fault in the quality of the air. Simply flora starved for sunlight.
......you will also discover that your Bubble Head Charms are worthless against the true nature of the mist....
........which seemed to thicken as you step closer and closer to the castle itself (holding on to a rope to help guide you back a stroke of genius)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Bubble-head charm was a quick and easy way to ensure some protection for all involved. Archer promptly applied one, and secured the gloves onto his hands. Certain that all of the adults in presence were capable of also applying their own, he nevertheless had a quick glance around to make sure nobody needed assistance. Nerves, that sort of thing.

The man wasn't wanting to lead, of course, but he would have. Olly also had a family at home, but he wasn't disappointed when she went first. At her glance, he tried to convey a look of trust, of confidence, but wasn't sure it would come across that way. He did trust her, but they had no idea what was beyond this mist.

Taking a firm grasp of the rope, Archer followed those in front of him. Through the gates. It had been a long time for him, but his children - Merlin hope - would also be making their journey into the castle. Not with a mist, though. They had to understand it, solve whatever this was, because there was no way his children were coming here in the mist.

It was eery, the eeriest situation he had ever been in. Not being able to see far ahead, only the people who were also attached to the rope. The ominous feeling, the fear prickling down his neck like an invisible hand. The further they got, the more it intensified. His eyes saw a flicker of something and he felt the blood drain from his head, right down to his feet. Every inch of his intestines felt like they had dropped from his body. Surely his heart was beating so fast it would soon explode, the pounding in his head thub, thub, thub. He wanted to call out, but opening his mouth only paralysed his vocal cords. Something coming, but no - no it couldn't be real. The mist had to be playing with his head. It was... it was impossible. But he couldn't, wouldn't let go of the rope.

His hands tremored before his legs gave out under him. His hand being ripped from the rope as he fell. Where he landed on his knees, he covered his head with his arms. The sound escaping his mouth was a horrified groan.
It happens suddenly. Indistinguishable shapes reach out from the murky clouds and grab hold of your legs. Latching on tightly, they yanked hard. A shoe is torn off and discarded, but the shapes came back for more to yank on the leg proper this time with a determination pull you away from the group and into its depths....
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction & Newbie Mod




DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,575

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna Newton
Fifth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Rayner Grimwald
Scribbulus
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

With hands and legs shaking so violently from shock, fear, grief, and doom, Archer tried to reach up and grab Lucy's hand. But he didn't want to open his eyes again. No, he couldn't look, didn't want to. No, he wouldn't. He'd seen it, but refused to look again. He felt the sense of doom as surely as if his heart would suddenly stop. Whimpers of utter fear escaped the 49-year-old man's mouth as he groped out blindly for Lucy, vaguely registering Carrie's fearful whispers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
It happens suddenly. Indistinguishable shapes reach out from the murky clouds and grab hold of your legs. Latching on tightly, they yanked hard. A shoe is torn off and discarded, but the shapes came back for more to yank on the leg proper this time with a determination pull you away from the group and into its depths....
But his hand didn't make contact with Lucy before he felt something latching onto his leg, yanking hard. Was this it then? In his fight to pull himself away, he felt his shoe pulling off, but it wasn't enough to stop whatever it was from taking a proper grasp on his leg.

Merlin no. Flashes of Gabby played through his mind, as he tried to muster every ounce of strength and courage to pull himself away from the latch. "Nooooooo," he roared in anger, kicking his legs furiously, his fingers clawing at the ground. "RUN! RUN BACK!" He shouted at the group. There were things here that meant harm, and he knew there was still a way out, at least for them. They had the rope, they had a way even if the mist dimmed their sight. "GO BACK!" He pleaded through a determined growl.
__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,923

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Quentin didn't like this. Not a single bit. Wading into the unknown without a concrete escape plan- without a plan of attack- had never been his style. Firmly in the middle, he glanced from one end - where Mariana stood nearest the gate - to the other - Where Olly stood looking paler than usual.

It was very clear that their leader wanted as little to do with this mist as the group did.

Trekking deeper onto the grounds was not what bothered Q - for the rope would guide them back, surely - it was the way the air around them seemed to thin as if this great mist were closing around them. enveloping their lot in a trap they'd never make it out of. Q held fast to the rope, his dark eyes burning.
his mother was in that castle, his brother was in that castle.

The young man repeated these words over and over in his head, a mantra giving him all the strength he needed.

"Vegetation looks good-" He called out to the group, unable to stop himself from breaking the heavy silence. The usual signs of seasonal decay were there but nothing unusual. No blackened flower beds, no trees withered away. He could not see very far though, perhaps this fact would change as they moved on- except the line had stopped. There was a hard tug on the rope, a tug which cut Q's voice straight from his throat.

Something was wrong. He stopped in his tracks, likewise tugging hard on the rope to let the others behind him know to stop before someone-

A groan rent the air- and then a shout- the first masculine and unmistakably coming from Botanist Burton- the other a woman's panicked wail. Q went cold, but he stood his ground, clinging to the rope like the lifeline it was. "You alright there-" He called out, ready to lend a hand or a wand when his eyes caught sight of something terrible- horrible- He sucked in a hard, terrified breath.

This was-

This was-

Knuckles white. Eyes wide. Ragged breath.

He did not stumble or fall as the others had- Quentin's terror overwhelmed, turning his guts and leaving him a stone statue unable to move or speak.

Hot and cold, his blood swimming it was then that chaos erupted in the form of shapes- terrible and dark- reaching out and grabbing hold of Burton's prone, grounded form. Quentin let out a curse, his dark eyes all pupil as he brandished his wand, a rope shooting from the tip and lassoing around the Botanist's upper body, the other end he grabbed onto tightly.
"Help me pull him-" He shouted, a hand tightly gripping each rope. "We're not leaving you!" He shouted back, even as Burton screamed for them all to run. No way- No way- No way in hell he was going to leave this man to die-
__________________
#spicylike

#masalachai

Last edited by nicole black; 07-18-2019 at 03:34 PM.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,183

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

Letting out a deep sigh, Alberta joined the line of people slowly making their way onto the grounds and tried thinking of worse things to be doing right now but falling short. She cleared her throat and after taking a few deep breaths, tried focusing on why she was here in the first place, the vegetation.

Everything seemed fine at first glance, as Quentin had called out by now. She linked her arm around the rope a few times, holding on tightly with her left hand while she gathered some samples as quickly as she could. Did they really need this many herbologists onsite? Surely there was someone needed back at the offices to analyse all the samples once they came back. Bertie was about to suggest she go back to do just that when she saw it. She tightened her grip on the rope with both hands now and closed her eyes as panic seemed to spread through her entire body. Now seemed like a good time to use that emergency portkey. Dying a hero was a foolish thing to do and Bertie wasn't a fool.

She only opened her eyes when she heard Archer screaming and saw him clawing at the floor as something tried dragging him away.
How were a bunch of herbologists supposed to stop THAT? Bertie aimed her wand at the things, not sure what spell was going to help haha and in a moment of panic cast "Immobulus"
__________________

iekenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:20 PM   #41 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,267

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Being at the far end of the rope meant that Mariana watched as each member of the team disappeared from view in front of her as they moved on into the thickening mist. It was an eerie thing to witness, though the slight movement of the rope in her hand reminded her that they were still there, still with her. It was comforting in a way and it allowed her to focus on the task at hand. "Yes, it doesn't seem to be suffering from anything out of the ordinary," The brunette agreed, the little flora she could see in much better condition than she had imagined it would be when she first approached the castle. Strange, that. If the mist wasn't impacting the plant life, why was it-

...

No. No, that couldn't be. That wasn't...no. No, it didn't make any sense. Something..something was very, very wrong here. "It's not real!" Something was causing this...something had to be..the alternative was too frightening to face. "This can't be real. It has to be the mist."

People were panicking, she was aware of that now, wondering if they were seeing what she had seen, what she couldn't unsee. She heard Archer's cries, his desperate pleas for them to run, but they couldn't leave him. She wouldn't. Even as every part of her was urging her to do the opposite, Mariana held fast to the rope and tried to think. THINK, MARIANA.

Quentin said something about pulling him, but Mariana couldn't see them, couldn't get her hands on a rope to help. It was frustrating and she felt powerless. "Someone help him pull, please!" Why had she agreed to help with this? Why did it have to be them? She'd give anything to be back in the greenhouses right now, soil covered gloves and the comfort of plants. She knew what to do there. She didn't know what to do here and the dread that filled her to the brim was almost too much to take.

"Expecto Patronum!" It was the only thing she could think to do, the only spell that came to mind in the moment, her field mouse bursting protectively from the tip of her wand, bright and comforting against the doom and gloom around her.

__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:03 AM   #42 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,028

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The tugging continued, whatever it was dwelling within the mist persistent in its terror streak.

The conjured ropes are successful in their attempt to secure your captive companion, but at what cost? The desperate tugging in both directions cause the ropes to tighten, the remnants of rope burn and bruising on his chest unavoidable. Perhaps worse. Most likely worse.

The well-timed Immobulus provides a glimmer of hope in this bleak situation, the forms ensnaring the screaming man's limbs temporarily stilled....but not for long. Just long though to kick oneself free were one's wits about them. Best to make haste before movement resumed. There would be no telling how the shapes in the mist would adapt next.

The dainty silvery patronus may lift some of the human spirits nearby, but it was unlikely to assist in the current battle against the forms surrounding you.

Is this even a battle that you can win? Perhaps the wiser choice would be to fall back...
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:54 AM   #43 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotta Get Up
Posts: 11,529

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
With hands and legs shaking so violently from shock, fear, grief, and doom, Archer tried to reach up and grab Lucy's hand. But he didn't want to open his eyes again. No, he couldn't look, didn't want to. No, he wouldn't. He'd seen it, but refused to look again. He felt the sense of doom as surely as if his heart would suddenly stop. Whimpers of utter fear escaped the 49-year-old man's mouth as he groped out blindly for Lucy, vaguely registering Carrie's fearful whispers.



But his hand didn't make contact with Lucy before he felt something latching onto his leg, yanking hard. Was this it then? In his fight to pull himself away, he felt his shoe pulling off, but it wasn't enough to stop whatever it was from taking a proper grasp on his leg.

Merlin no. Flashes of Gabby played through his mind, as he tried to muster every ounce of strength and courage to pull himself away from the latch. "Nooooooo," he roared in anger, kicking his legs furiously, his fingers clawing at the ground. "RUN! RUN BACK!" He shouted at the group. There were things here that meant harm, and he knew there was still a way out, at least for them. They had the rope, they had a way even if the mist dimmed their sight. "GO BACK!" He pleaded through a determined growl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
The tugging continued, whatever it was dwelling within the mist persistent in its terror streak.

The conjured ropes are successful in their attempt to secure your captive companion, but at what cost? The desperate tugging in both directions cause the ropes to tighten, the remnants of rope burn and bruising on his chest unavoidable. Perhaps worse. Most likely worse.

The well-timed Immobulus provides a glimmer of hope in this bleak situation, the forms ensnaring the screaming man's limbs temporarily stilled....but not for long. Just long though to kick oneself free were one's wits about them. Best to make haste before movement resumed. There would be no telling how the shapes in the mist would adapt next.

The dainty silvery patronus may lift some of the human spirits nearby, but it was unlikely to assist in the current battle against the forms surrounding you.

Is this even a battle that you can win? Perhaps the wiser choice would be to fall back...

Lucy was feeling a mix of frustration and fear as she watched Archer being dragged, Alberta casting the Freezing Charm and Mariana casting her Patronus. The spells seemed to do nothing to combat this horrible mist.

"We need to fall back and come up with a new plan, I think. Maybe if we cast a power Shield Charm to protect ourselves before working out what to do. We need to take drastic action," Lucy said to the others, her mind racing.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:03 AM   #44 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction & Newbie Mod




DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,575

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna Newton
Fifth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Rayner Grimwald
Scribbulus
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Archer felt Quentin's conjured rope tight around his upper body, some feeling of hope burning inside. Of course he didn't want them to leave him, he didn't want anything to end. But better one than... Merlin how many of them were here? In any case, he didn't have the ability to breathe in enough to yell again, the rope tight around his ribs, and the thing pulling hard in the opposite direction.

Suddenly there was a slackening from his legs. With the kicks he had been thrashing around, he made contact with ground, his body rolling forward from the combative movements he had been making to free his legs. With a frantic scurry, he miraculously pulled himself up right. He had registered Alberta's voice casting an immobulus charm, giving him the opportunity to get himself up.

His entire body shook with adrenaline and fear, and his clothes were drenched in cold sweat. He took a shaking hand back to the rope, behind Lucy.

__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,069

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

No.

Olly was 100% unaware of what was happening behind her. Even the yelling and people falling and spells being cast. Maybe somewhere, in the very back of her mind, a small part of her felt like she should be focusing on something else. Helping her employees. Doing something.

But it never actually reached any part of her brain that was responsible for taking action.

Instead, Olly just stood there, one hand still somehow holding the rope, the other holding her wand. Staring straight ahead. Frozen. This....it wasn't....other people might have been strong enough to convince themselves that this wasn't real, couldn't be real. But she wasn't. Olly just wasn't.

At some point she dropped the rope.




OOC: Hi, I'm back. Thank you ALL for being so active. You're the best. <3 Also sorry for Olly being exactly no help at all. xD
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]_____________[DERP]_____________[Queenie]
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM   #46 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,923

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Everything was happening but Quentin was focused only on what he could see, and hear directly before him. He would not look again- It was a silent vow he had made- not even if the mist cleared and his mother's voice rang out like so much birdsong- No, he would trust nothing but for the team he had arrived with and even then- there would be questions.

This felt, in his opinion, less like an excursion and more like an ambush.

A flicker of something silvery bright shot past him, hopping through the mist but before the young man could properly peer at the Patronus another sight- this one just as brightening- took his attention.

Quentin let out a whoop of relief as Archer staggered back into their fold- but there was not much time for congratulations or cheer, they were still very much in the thick of it.

"You heard her!" Quentin shouted out, tying the rope (the one he'd used to lasso Archer) around his slim wrist. "Shield Charms! Go! Go!" Clearly, the Son of Durm did not want to wait before taking on Lucy's suggestion. in the young man's haste he utterly missed Olly's inaction- A terrible, awful shame, to be sure.

"Protego Maxima!" He yelled out, his wand hand pulsing as the powerful magic bursted forth, enveloping Quentin and anyone close by in a crystal clear shield.















ooc: lisaaaaaaaa
__________________
#spicylike

#masalachai
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,028

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The feeling of fear saturated the environment further, something that no Shield Charm could protect you against. Though at least now no physical hard could come to you tucked behind the magical barrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
No.

Olly was 100% unaware of what was happening behind her. Even the yelling and people falling and spells being cast. Maybe somewhere, in the very back of her mind, a small part of her felt like she should be focusing on something else. Helping her employees. Doing something.

But it never actually reached any part of her brain that was responsible for taking action.

Instead, Olly just stood there, one hand still somehow holding the rope, the other holding her wand. Staring straight ahead. Frozen. This....it wasn't....other people might have been strong enough to convince themselves that this wasn't real, couldn't be real. But she wasn't. Olly just wasn't.

At some point she dropped the rope.




OOC: Hi, I'm back. Thank you ALL for being so active. You're the best. <3 Also sorry for Olly being exactly no help at all. xD
The unknown forms in the mist were on the move again. Back up after being knocked back by spellwork and more determined and urgent than before. As were its kin.

How unfortunate for you.

Shooting out from the haze and with more limbs than before, they latched on to your lags and waist. Yanking violently and with a chorus of indistinguishable sounds in chorus, you are pulled further from your life line of a rope.

Will your team save you before it is too late?

The window to escape and retreat was closing. Quickly.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #48 (permalink)


DERP & DoM

Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,416

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Gunter (formerly Slinkhard)
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default this_is_fine.gif
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Nothing. She got nothing from the tests her team made from the samples they got from outside the gate. Which was, for a moment, something good. Kat realized it hadn't affected anything beyond the grounds and so it meant the mist was contained. It wouldn't spread and affect nearby villages like Hogsmeade. That was good. Maybe. She'd asked her team not to dispose of the samples just in case they needed to run more tests in a lab.

But now that she was inside, Kat wanted nothing but to get out already. It was like the bubble head charm she'd placed on herself had no effect, and she was glad that she'd placed a gripping charm on the hand that held the rope. It started with a prickle at the bottom of her spine, but not the prickling heat type. It was cold, slow but numbing. A feeling she never liked because it only meant the worst was yet to come. And it did. She could almost hear her heart beating and her blood rushing.

This was not real. This is NOT real. The blond repeated that in her head like a mantra to keep her from losing her grip on the rope. Her green eyes frantically looked around for any sign of flora and she was just about to move towards that direction when she realized....hang on. The leaves and stems were all just flimsy. Yellow. The only threat this mist had to the plants were, she was sure of it and it only required taking care of plants to know, its cloudiness and its shielding against the sun. Quentin was right.

Not good. "Fall back!" Kat said, her voice almost cracking. "Protego Maxima!" It had taking her some time to pull herself together given what was going on. This was the last place she wanted to have her final breath. Not at Hogwarts. This was nothing like the school she used to be a student of, the mist made sure of that. Everyone else in the department didn't seem like they were in the proper mindset anymore to continue further, Kat included. They had Archer down, somehow. She wouldn't have left him in there in the first place. They needed...to be...away...from all this. To recharge. To get a grip. To think of a better plan.

A signal of affirmation from Olly would have been ideal, all in respect for the hierarchy, but Kat only then realized when she looked at Olly...that the woman had let go of her end of the rope. "Olly! It's not real!" NOT TODAY. There is only one thing we say to Death. Eyes wide in horror, Kat immediately and non-verbally sent another rope to lasso around the brunette's torso. "HELP! Pull and fall back!"

Could use another of those Immobulus too, Alberta. Or another Shield Charm. Kat's hands were a bit full right now, with one hand still holding tight to their life line of a rope and the other tugging hard at the rope she'd conjured to bring Olly back.
__________________
I was lost, now I'm found___________________________________________

____________________I put my hands in the air, and my knees to the ground
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #49 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gotta Get Up
Posts: 11,529

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Lucy watched in horror as Olly let go of the rope, her body rigid with fear. She then heard Quentin's voice and saw that he had cast a powerful Shield Charm. Kat also cast the same type of Shield Charm. Lucy called out to the others.

"We need to fall back, now!"

Raising her wand, Lucy spoke loudly, "Protego totalum!"

The rope that Lucy had a firm grip on was beginning to cut into her. She wasn't going to wait for Alberta as it was too dangerous a situation to wait so she aimed her wand at the mysterious forms and said, "Immobulus!"
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« St. James's Park | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189