sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 52: May - August 2019

Term 52: May - August 2019 Term Fifty-Two: It Comes (Sept 2098 - June 2099)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-04-2018, 12:06 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Third-Floor Corridor


A central floor to the school, the third-floor corridor is a relatively easy to navigate and contains your basic necessities. On this level of the school, the Charms classroom and the Hospital Wing can be found. Additionally, you will find the pristine Armour Gallery, the Trophy Room, and a passageway to the more popular places on the grounds. But that doesn't mean there aren't a few peculiarities to be found in this part of the castle.

Beyond coming across portraits of Basil Fronsac, Damara Dodderidge, and Merwyn the Malicious, you will find that there are many rooms to explore. The Ghoul Studies classroom resides on this floor, as well as a room where spare furniture is stored (perfect for making indoor forts!) and another containing maps of Great Britain and Ireland. Though perhaps the room you find most curious is a storeroom containing a large golden harp that plays on its own accord and a trapdoor -- it can't be said for certain where that leads, for it looks like a rather long drop. Probably not the best idea to find out.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #51 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,230

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Cornish had been scoping the lower floors, making sure no one was trapped on the wrong side of the mist. Or left behind, whichever the case may be. He was strolling, almost casual in his approach of the departing students, but anyone who knew him well would be able to tell how on edge he was.

O'Hara was there, and Cornish gave her a broad wink before taking up a spot at the far end of the hallway. He would be last to leave, or at least he wouldn't leave until the students were all gone.
Oh, there he was! Alice spotted the care of magical creatures professor as he strolled past her. The wink was a little surprising. What did that mean? Well, coincidentally, he was just the person she was looking for.

She watched as he walked all the way to the back of the crowd. Glancing around to make sure that there were enough staff in this area, she turned and went after him. Her wand was still lit. It wasn't dark in this particular hallway, but they were obviously moving.

"Cornish," she said simply, catching up to him. "You called for me?" Wink aside, she knew he likely didn't - but this seemed a good place to start the conversation.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 07-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,839

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Fourth Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

It was only when Trent started speaking again that he focused on the man, instead. It was..... hard to make out what he was trying to say, especially since his brain was just thinking about trying to find Emma, but some words stuck out to him. Finishing the term in Hogsmeade? Best behaviour? Classes will continue??

What??!!

It was safe to say that the boy was confused, and it showed. How could they continue classes? In Hogsmeade?! After everything going on here? It just..... didn't seem right. He understood why: they had exams and every adult family member liked to tell him that school was important. But how could they concentrate through all of this??

And how was he going to concentrate if he didn't know if Emma had evacuated or not?!

When Trent had finished speaking, Lucas started looking around again. He let some others go through before him, only stopping to shoot Thereos a weird look at his saying. An old rat is a brave rat? He wanted to ask but...... no. No, he wasn't. This wasn't the time. He had people to look for: specifically his sister and Józef and all the other five friends he had.

But even as he stood there, an anxious feeling started settling in and he couldn't help but feel as though...... as though he was being watched? Yeah, that's what it was. There were fewer and fewer people staying behind in the corridor and he could only concentrate on how awkward he was starting to feel by just standing there. How could he explain why he was standing back?

Letting out a small sigh, he lit his wand and started moving towards the entrance. Maybe the others had already gone. Or they were coming up soon. Whatever the reason, he would just have to wait for them at the Three Broomsticks, instead. For now, he was just going to have to follow...... someone - he didn't know who - and try to ignore how scared he felt right now.
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 07-25-2019, 12:24 AM   #53 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,415

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Vita hung back, waiting around just long enough to make sure the Slytherins were following instructions. Honestly, she also just needed to know that her people were okay. That they were coming, too. She didn't want to lose anyone else in her life, thank you very much.

Wand lit, she finally joined the queue.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 07-25-2019, 12:47 AM   #54 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,590

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

People with two last names put a serious dent into the habit of calling people by that last name. Thompson-Fuller was a keen example of that problem, because, honestly... what did he call the man? Thompson? Thompson-Fuller? TF? PIERS? It was bumming him out.

But he gave the man a nod and a small grin. "Willing to play clean up with me... mate?" Dude? No, too informal. The grin dropped at the appearance of O'Hara. Merlin, the woman couldn't take a hint.

"This really isn't the time to flirt with me, O'Hara. We're evacuating. If only someone had suggested this idea earlier..."
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 07-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #55 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,043

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The staff and students weren't the only ones capable of finding extra hidden routes about the castle. The fact that the mist doing it was pure coincidence and an unfortunate bit of happenstance didn't diminish the fact that it had indeed happened.

Out of seemingly nowhere, the mist begins creeping into the corridor from the opposite direction the students and staff had all come.

Many who had already entered the tunnel wouldn't notice, but anyone still hanging about on the outside will see that all too familar manifestation of strange weather. While it is still not likely to chase anyone, it does appear to have picked up speed by some small but noticeable degree.

Any room for one more in that tunnel?
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 07-25-2019, 11:56 PM   #56 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,149

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default Thereos too and other professors still there
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Gunnar knew he was cutting it close, but he needed to make sure a certain person or two was okay, grab his kneazle before he left, and also find his sister. He wasn't about to leave the castle without knowing she was safe and on her way as well. And with the first couple of things taken care of, he showed up near the back of the line just in time to hear his name spoken by the very person he was looking for.

"I'm here," he said, once he found the familiar head of blonde curls, slipping his free hand into hers as he carried Wolfgang in his other arm. "Don't worry, I wouldn't leave without you." And she was okay right? He looked her over and could see she wasn't at her best, but they would be okay. And his eyes soon fell on Thereos standing nearby. Would he be able to make the journey with them? It would likely be difficult for the centaur, but he couldn't exactly stay here.
She had been looking at Thereos, but she heard her brother and turned, her arms wrapping around him. "Gunnar I was worried, I couldn't find you." He was here now and they could head in, but she looked around to see if she had seen Daisy, had the younger student already went through? Biting her lip she knew they should head through the tunnel or at least get in line.

"Thereos, you will be going, right?" She didn't want to leave without him either, but something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. Her head whipped around so fast that her hair had to have hit her brother or Thereos as she moved.

"Pr..Professors. The... the mist." She pointed to where it was, it was time to get out of there.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 02:14 AM   #57 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,230

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
People with two last names put a serious dent into the habit of calling people by that last name. Thompson-Fuller was a keen example of that problem, because, honestly... what did he call the man? Thompson? Thompson-Fuller? TF? PIERS? It was bumming him out.

But he gave the man a nod and a small grin. "Willing to play clean up with me... mate?" Dude? No, too informal. The grin dropped at the appearance of O'Hara. Merlin, the woman couldn't take a hint.

"This really isn't the time to flirt with me, O'Hara. We're evacuating. If only someone had suggested this idea earlier..."
What did she say to that? It took her a moment to answer. "Normally I would agree, Grant, this is a terrible time to flirt. But then I saw you wink at me. Or was that wink meant for someone else and I misinterpreted?" She kept her voice relatively low and a little snide to project the proper sarcasm.

I suppose you know more about my weird pleasures than I do, right? That's what she kind of wanted to say. Weird pleasures was HIS insult, not hers. She was still annoyed that he'd told her that. But she restrained herself...for the moment. No need to start an argument right off the bat.

She took long strides (being short, this made her walk evenly with the crowd they were bringing up the rear of) and kept her eyes on the students ahead of them - her flickering wand in front of her. "Anyway, you know me. I would be bringing up the rear even if you weren't here. I wish I had my Invisibility Cloak." Sadly, it was back in her office and she didn't know when she was going to see it again.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #58 (permalink)



DMGS & DMAC
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,425

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fifth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Nyx Higgs
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb A. Newell
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default uh oh
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Trinetta had been happy to just hang by her fellow Ravenclaws, waiting as the students slowly but surely made their way in to the tunnel. When she heard Chloe nearby, though, her head immediately whipped around and she felt her stomach drop as she saw that the mist had, indeed, made its way in to the corridor. For a second, she forgot to breathe. Instantly she was transported to the boathouse, thinking of the bugs crawling up her legs and preparing to swarm her...

Immediately her brain began to whirl in to overdrive. She nudged Missa and Drew and hissed "Go!" to her two friends before pushing her way forward, two Slytherins in her sights. She didn't want to start a panic, but knew it was probably only a matter of moments before more people saw the mist and began to freak out. Call her selfish, but she wanted to get out of here before a stampede ensued. She'd experienced the mist once - she was NOT keen to do it all again.

Finally making her way through the crowd to Eiji and Nina (and Indigo, but her sights weren't on him of course) she grabbed Eiji's hand without a second thought and squeezed it. "We have to go, NOW!" she whispered roughly to them. They'd been in that boathouse with her - they KNEW what was about to happen. If they didn't get out of here before the mist caught up to them...
__________________
you should see me in a crown____________________________________________

_____________________________________________I'm gonna run this nothing town
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #59 (permalink)



DERP
Snidget
 
griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TARDIS (PST)
Posts: 2,541

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cordelia Grace Winklebleck
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
Environmental Protection
Default
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Carmine had everything packed and moving already, a lot of the supplies had been removed to Hogsmeade already. Of course she was still around - it was her job after all, though the children who had been in the Hospital wing had already been moved out of the school.

"No need to yell, dear." Carmine said with utmost calmness, presenting the young girl with her bag. It had been in the office with her, and had the girl not come for it she simply would have got it given to her in Hogsmeade. "Time to head to the passage way, as you were instructed to do." She added calmly. Not that she was telling her off, precisely, but the instructions had been clear. "Come now, with Valetudo and I."

The raven on her shoulder peered down at the girl and then croaked at her curiously. It was time to go.
Cordelia had no idea how to cope with the situation other than by making a fuss over the imminent danger she felt they were in. Subtlety was not in her imaginary toolbox of ways to deal with situations. Yelling was her specialty. ”I’m worried that we’ll all die.” She accepted the bag that the healer presented to her and slung it over her shoulder. Cordelia nodded at the healer’s instructions to proceed to the evacuation site. Perhaps it would have been wiser to evacuate without stopping by the hospital wing, but Cordelia was not exactly the wisest of the bunch. Sticking close to the healer/professor, Cordelia moved as fast as she could down the corridor to the passageway where everyone was evacuating. OH MERLIN THE MIST WAS CLOSING IN ON THEM!!!! ”The mist! It’s coming for us!” It looked like she had gotten here just in time to evacuate. ”Lumos.” Cordelia nudged herself into line to get in the tunnel, lighting her wand as she reached the entrance of the passage that would bring them to safety. Safety by Hogwarts standards anyway. Had she arrived soon enough to hear the plan she would have been asking many questions about what would happen in Hogsmeade, but there was no time to dwell on that now. It was time to GET OUT OF HERE.
__________________
griffin is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #60 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,301

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Meriwether
Seventh Year

x8 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Derek Meriwether
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement
Default
TRANSPONSTER! • slyther'd into my ❤ dreaming swimming pools • dazed gryffinpuff

This time Anna wasn't as focused on just listening to the Headmaster. She knew what the action plan was and she was going to make sure all students complied with it. She was still feeling super uncomfortable because of the missing ones, but sadly there was nothing she could do for them. She would make sure to do what she could to ensure all other students were out of there safely, and she kept looking over her shoulder as if expecting someone to join them out of the blue - hopefully Kam and the Ravenclaw kid.

The prefect didn't have the highest of hopes, however. Still, one never knew.

She made eye contact with a few around her, like Rylee for example. She just kept it at that, though, as she didn't have much to say at the moment. She completely missed professor O'Hara's glance, however, as she was busy looking out for students instead of adults. Vita's words made her shake her head in response, though she was in full agreement with the girl. She wasn't sure what to feel either. Anna wanted to feel good about their leaving, but she really wasn't very happy. She glanced at the two Hufflepuffs holding hands and immediately averted her gaze because she had a feeling she knew what they were upset about - of course she did. Running her hand through her hair, Anna took a deep breath and tried to focus on the situation at hand. She could feel her face getting warmer and warmer again.

As the Headmaster explained the exact plan, Anna listened, but didn't look directly at the man. She was still busy looking around to make sure they were all there and, yes, she was still hoping that by any chance the two kids would turn up. The terrible feeling in her heart didn't feed the hope at all, unfortunately.

Anna finally looked at the Headmaster's general direction when it seemed like he was going into the tunnel. As he disappeared and some started following him, she decided she would stay behind as she always did to make sure all of the younger ones were out before she was. Well, even the older kids, to be honest. She was a prefect, it was kind of like being the captain of a ship, wasn't it? She should be one of the last ones out, making sure everyone was safe. That was probably one of the few things she was comfortable about in this whole plan.

During one of the times she looked around hoping to spot someone else, Anna spotted the last thing she wanted to see instead. The mist was now on the same floor as they were and it seemed like it was coming to them. The sight crushed the last bit of hope inside her of seeing Kam or the Ravenclaw boy. Anna felt her nose burn as her eyes filled with tears, and she hated herself for that. This wasn't the time to cry, she had the massive responsibility of helping the adults to keep people safe.

Taking another deep breath and trying to blink away the tears before they left her eyes, she looked away from the mist and towards the remaining students. She spotted Lucas looking rather worried - nothing new - and she could hazard a guess at what he was thinking. Approaching him, she put one hand on his shoulder and made sure he was indeed moving towards the tunnel. "She's okay. Let's go."
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Niffler
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,331

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Missa A. Renaldi
Fifth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Unlike Drew, Missa wasn't as jumpy when Nettie joined them. She, instead, smiled at the girl before continuing to walk. Somehow everyone being around her was comforting and assuring enough that they'd be okay. She certainly wasn't as scared as she would have been if she would have been alone.

That was of course until .... Nettie suddenly urged them to move forward, clearly much faster than their current pace - her confused eyes followed the girl, and a surge of emotions ran through her. Suffice to say, none of them were pleasant, seeing her hold Eiji's hand - because suddenly that was all Missa wanted to do.

Thankfully the sudden commotion took her attention away from the blonde - and she finally noticed the mist behind them.

Bloody hell.

Her hand tightened on Trinity's and the other immediately reached for Drew - tugging him forward with her, "stay close to me" she quickly added - needing him to a little too much in this desperate moment.
__________________

I, feel something so right doing the wrong thing----------
-------------------I could lie, could lie, could lie
---------------Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

Last edited by Samia; 07-26-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Samia is online now  
Old 07-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #62 (permalink)


DERP & DoM
Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,493

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Gunter
Sixth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

The mist.

Drewett had heard those words from someone, from behind. Chloe's voice had sounded very familiar to him, but now that his brain was overanalyzing everything and thinking of the worst possible scenario (which was literally what was happening to them right now), it no longer mattered to him. He tensed a little and his wand hand was slightly trembling as more and more people started to acknowledge the mist that was coming for them. One of the voices, he was certain, came from Dia. He knew her voice. That was hers. She was talking about mist. The mist. The mist. "Nettie, stay close." He was gritting his teeth a little so he didn't stutter like a madman, but he watched the other Ravenclaw squeeze her way through to the crowd to warn Gunnar and Eiji. Nettie surely didn't mean to start a panic, but with Drewett? Bold of you to assume that he wouldn't in this situation.

The fifth year hadn't even been able to register that Missa was already holding his hand and tugging him with her. Drewett wouldn't have minded under normal circumstances anyway. His mind was lagging on him. The Ravenclaw then started to regulate his breathing again. He didn't want to panic. He was already very twitchy with how crowded they were in this passage. He didn't need anyone seeing him panicking right here, right now. Drewett kept his pacing beside Missa, still holding her hand and gently squeezing it. He would be sorry to Eiji about this but it didn't even cross his mind at this point.

Merlin. Where was his girlfriend? Could the people in front please go faster? Was the headmaster seeing this?
__________________
I was lost, now I'm found___________________________________________

____________________I put my hands in the air, and my knees to the ground
Kimothy is offline  
Old 07-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #63 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,140

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
˝ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

After a mild scare where a random Gryffindor child jumped onto her back while she was ushering a group of others, Simran's heart hadn't quite returned to its regular pace, and the voice of the young McCarthy, so soft from the other side of the tunnel she could have imagined it. A surge of adrenaline rushed through her veins and she continued guiding the students through, her wand-free hand now nudging them gently along.

"Quickly, children."

Not to cause any panic, but she hadn't survived all these years to be taken down by some bad weather.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline  
Old 07-27-2019, 12:24 AM   #64 (permalink)
Forbidden Forest Centaur
Dugbog
 
Thereos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Forbidden Forest
Posts: 144
Default

Thereos merely offered his temporary colleague an unamused glance as he responded. "....it is a human expression." He was not responsible for how she interpreted his well intended words. And some wizards found centaurkind to be uncultured.

Ignoring much else, some of which pointedly so, his dark muddy eyes fell once more upon the likes of Miss McCarthy and her ripe raspberry heart. "I will be joining you, I assure," he nodded calmly to her. "My position is of best use to you all in the rear." He could not produce his own light from a stick (not that he wished for such ability) and he could scooped up any straggles or injured on to his back to carry them this way. Even with his limp, he was certain he could manage. Though he was beginning to regret such sentiments in overhearing that O'Hara woman state she would be in the back as well. Along with some rubbish about her Cloak of Invisibility. What good would that do any student to have one of their leaders unseen to the eye in this time of crisis?

A crisis that was now causing the feeling of dread to return and the hairs on his arms and back of neck to stand on end. Then came the foreign sound of bare feet shuffling along stone.

"Go, youngling. We will meet again." He rested a firm hand on the young Ravenclaw's shoulder. "Go."
__________________
MARS IS BRIGHT TONIGHT.................................................. ............................

His priority did not seem to be to teach them what he knew... .................................................. ......
but rather to impress upon them that nothing, not even centaurs' knowledge, was foolproof
Thereos is offline  
Old 07-27-2019, 12:53 AM   #65 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,590

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Was this really the moment? For flirting? "O'Hara, I was winking at my man Fuller-Thompson-Fuller-Thompson... Fuller here. Piers." DARNIT. "We're mates." He wanted to ignore her but she was just being crazy. "But I can assure you that the mist doesn't have eyes. Your invisibility cloak wouldn't do you any good and you might trip on it during the evacuation."

Speaking of, they really needed to move forward. Cornish stepped back to the corner of the corridor and glanced up and down the hallway to make sure it was all clear. "We're safe and we're on our way out. I want students to hurry without running, don't push anyone, but stop waiting for your friends. Everyone else has already evacuated." And they needed to be gone within the next few minutes.
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 07-27-2019, 04:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod


DMLE
Chimaera
 
Suziella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: His heart ❤
Posts: 30,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian De Luca
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
Default
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Sebastian was fully intending on giving Daisy that hug but then the Headmaster came and told them to start heading through the tunnel, and she quickly made her way through before he got a chance to.

To say he was reluctant to go through without Kam was a massive understatement which was why he had hung back for awhile watching as his peers went through and some of the professors.

Then suddenly he noticed the mist and everyone started scrambling through the tunnel. Looked like it was his turn to race through. He mumbled a quick, "Lumos," before pitching himself into the darkness of the tunnel. He would not be taken. Not today.
__________________

___________________________________________ My love; a beacon in the night.

My words will be your light, to carry you to me.
________________________________
Suziella is online now  
Old 07-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #67 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin
Quibbler Mod




DMAC & DMLE
Mountain Troll
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 23,538

Hogwarts RPG Name:
CC Beryl
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Rustin Killick
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo Toussaint
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ramiel Isaak Skeres
Ollivanders Wand Shop
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post


Cordelia had no idea how to cope with the situation other than by making a fuss over the imminent danger she felt they were in. Subtlety was not in her imaginary toolbox of ways to deal with situations. Yelling was her specialty. ”I’m worried that we’ll all die.” She accepted the bag that the healer presented to her and slung it over her shoulder. Cordelia nodded at the healer’s instructions to proceed to the evacuation site. Perhaps it would have been wiser to evacuate without stopping by the hospital wing, but Cordelia was not exactly the wisest of the bunch. Sticking close to the healer/professor, Cordelia moved as fast as she could down the corridor to the passageway where everyone was evacuating. OH MERLIN THE MIST WAS CLOSING IN ON THEM!!!! ”The mist! It’s coming for us!” It looked like she had gotten here just in time to evacuate. ”Lumos.” Cordelia nudged herself into line to get in the tunnel, lighting her wand as she reached the entrance of the passage that would bring them to safety. Safety by Hogwarts standards anyway. Had she arrived soon enough to hear the plan she would have been asking many questions about what would happen in Hogsmeade, but there was no time to dwell on that now. It was time to GET OUT OF HERE.
"You won't if you follow instructions. Be calm, Cordelia." The healer said firmly, but not unkindly. Goodness but there was a lot of unnecessary panic wasn't there? Not that she blamed the kids, they had all been on edge for months, but the mist was not fast and as long as they didn't choose to venture into it then they would be fine.

She shot a look at a couple of her coworkers, and then leading by example, and also to be sure that she could help the children on the other end, the healer headed into the tunnel, her wand lit up, remaining calm but not wasting time either.
__________________
"Let's do get help"_____Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C _____get your Scorose fix

That lunatic rag of Xenophilius Lovegood's?!?!? __ ⚕️__ᛁᚠ•ᛃᚢ•ᚲᚨᚾ•ᚱᛖᚨᛞ•ᚦᛁᛋ•ᛃᚢᚱ•ᛏᚢ•ᚲᛚᛟᛋ
Tegz is offline  
Old 07-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #68 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
St Mungos Mod



DMLE
Plimpy
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 15,340

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Malachi was already some ways into the tunnel by the time he heard the shuffling and faint words of panic. Having decided on a speedy evacuation, his steps had been brisk. His own wand cast a lumos maxima adding quite a bit of light to this end of the tunnel. He noted the students casting their own further back and trusted the Professors carrying the rear would be casting their own as well.

What he didn't expect was the mumblings and anxiously spoken words moving toward him.

The mist?

Out in the corridor? Merlin's beard they'd lose the entire castle at this rate. With no one left behind to keep up the barriers--and what good were they at this point when they mist seemed to keep finding ways around it--it would only keep rising. The elves already knew they were meant to be evacuating as well, the Headmaster only hoped they wouldn't waste too much time before doing so.

"Everyone remain calm!" He called back through the tunnel. Despite the way the man's heart and breathe seized inside him, Malachi was aware enough that when the leader panicked, the rest were likely to follow, especially when they were still just children. There was no need to panic. Given what he'd seen of the mist, it would never outrun them. "Remain focused, otherwise you're likely to trip or shove and cause even greater troubles. Proceed through the tunnel as instructed. We'll be fine."

Even as he spoke the words, he prayed a silent prayer that it would be true. Already into the tunnel, he couldn't see what was happening on the outside and had to leave his trust with the staff bringing up the rear. No sense leaving the front. If something popped up further down the tunnel, he would need to be that line of defense.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 07-28-2019, 01:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Gnome
 
gritandgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CANADA
Posts: 365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonjour, je m'appelle Eniola Abara.
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chŕo, tôi tęn lŕ Mai Ainsley.
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright.
Mysteries
Default

Eniola couldn't pretend she wasn't freaked out. Her last encounter with the mist was hard enough. But she was also relieved. Relieved that the Headmaster found some sense and decided to evacuate the school. Finally.

Sure, she was shuffling along like everyone else, but she kept her wand at the ready. There was no sense being daft about the situation they were in. She as scared, yes, but she was always ready.
__________________
gritandgrace is offline  
Old 07-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #70 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,653

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Valencia was not worried. Not at all. Nope. Not even a little bit. She was raised on listening to adults in times of trouble was the best way to not die. So she was not panicking. The thought didn't even come to the young Ravenclaw. She continued forward and the only thing really on her mind was her book collection and hoping the elves brought it to her safely.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline  
Old 07-29-2019, 02:12 AM   #71 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,230

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

So that wink hadn't been directed at her? That made sense. She thought it weird that he (of all people) would take that moment to randomly wink at her. Perhaps her desire to confront him about his earlier words made her less aware of her surroundings when it happened. "I misunderstood." That was all she would say about it. "I wouldn't run with my cloak...and of course I know that it wouldn't protect me from the mist. I just don't like leaving it behind." Because who knew when they were going to come back?

The mist entering their tunnel was freaking people out, but for now they seemed to be a good distance ahead of it. Still, Alice hated cutting things this short. If only they had all listened to her when she'd suggested leaving awhile ago. "Cornish," she said in a lower voice (stepping closer towards him so she could still be heard.) "Don't you agree now that we should have left when I suggested? We wouldn't be in such a hurried rush if we had just done what I suggested."

Her wand flickered out at that moment. Swearing silently, she waved it and hissed. "Lumos!" It flickered back on. Her training with Malachi was still a work on progress. But at least the spell worked.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 07-29-2019, 04:58 AM   #72 (permalink)






MO & DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,280

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pierson Fuller-Thompson
Graduated

x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
January Bones
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Shacklebolt
Law Enforcement
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Piers would have found the whole situation between Cornish and O'Hara incredibly amusing if it weren't for the mist that was creeping its way towards them. Of course he had chosen to take up the rear - to take the HIGH road. The high road got him in trouble. The high road was crowded. But there wasn't time to GRIPE, so Piers just got a hustle on instead.

"Piers is fine," he replied simply to Grant as they began to get a move on down the corridor. Though he did find it odd that it was nearing the end of term and they hadn't established this already. Life was a little simpler when he had a shorter name. But not nearly quite as good.

He really hoped the mist hadn't learned to run because this tunnel was only so wide and there were quite a lot of students ahead of them and he really did NOT want to get caught up in it again. He had a feeling it wasn't just going to scare him this time.

Piers did wonder, though, if O'Hara really got what Cornish was saying. What was she trying to whisper in his ear now?

"You heard the Headmaster," Piers said as confidently as he could as he ushered the students forward. "Stay calm. We'll be in Hogsmeade soon."
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePierson
sarahlooo is offline  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:40 AM   #73 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,590

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

"I think the Headmaster had a plan and a line of communication, and we need to respect that he knew what he was about. We haven't lost anyone in the interim, so I sincerely doubt a bit of hurry makes a difference," Cornish shrugged at O'Hara as he set massive shielding spells between the mist and their departing back. What would Lumos do?

He winked at Piers again, just because he appreciated the man was being proactive. It looked like the students were all well ahead of them, thankfully. "What say you, old man? Would a wind spell help? Should we seal the passage? The mist isn't intelligent enough to follow us, but at least it will slow the seepage."
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #74 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,043

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The mist wasn't moving much faster, no, not since the last time anyone had seen it but for those not present the day the students went missing, several pairs of hands suddenly reaching out from the mist may have come as a surprise.

They are still too far away to be of any real consequence but they grab at the air around them, hoping to pull the unsuspecting or exceptionally unobservant in.

A murmur comes from within the mist. Rumblings like a coming storm. Then quite suddenly, it does pick up speed. Not nearly enough to suddenly overtake the group but enough to be noticed as it makes a beeline for the evacuation. That shield charm was starting to sound like a good idea, wasn't it?
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 07-31-2019, 12:09 AM   #75 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,149

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default I'm not supposed to be online so no one seems me.. shhh :)
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She was trembling seeing the mist and she could hear people around her, but it was making her afraid all over again. The images that she had from the first time she was in it, he didn't see those now, but it was still further away. Gripping onto Gunnars arm he stared at the mist.

Giving Thereos a look of concern as he told her to go she looked back at the mist JUST TO SEE HANDS!! "IT'S TRYING TO GRAB" Her wand was out, but she didn't have the confidence she could help at all. "Gunnar we need to go." She turned and gave one last look to her professor before heading into the tunnel with the others. Her shortness making it hard to see over the crowd so the tunnel felt extra long for her, but she kept looking over her shoulder to make sure the mist wasn't coming in behind her.

Come on Professors get coming too.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180