sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 1447 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , DuckyLinJi , nghingjoan , anemannpene , hermionesclone , Nymphadoraliz , lowallowswalt , Lislchen , ermmerluci , hjhm

26 members
1421 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 52: May - August 2019


Term 52: May - August 2019 Term Fifty-Two: It Comes (Sept 2098 - June 2099)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:52 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Boathouse


Every September 1st, the first years arrive at Hogwarts by boats that carry them across the Great Lake to the Boathouse. Apart from the entrance from the Lake through the long tunnel underneath the castle, this underground harbour can also be reached from the Boathouse Steps which leads down the side of the cliff on which the castle sits and from the path leading down from the paved courtyard.

The Boathouse store the boats for the arriving first years and departing seventh years, but with permission from the Groundskeeper you may be permitted to use one of the boats for an afternoon or two. Life vests, oars, fishing tools, nets and everything else you might need are either hanging on hooks or nails on the wall or lying on the wooden bench. Please put everything back in its proper place, should you move stuff around. The Groundskeeper will know if you haven't.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,967

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yolanda Uma Luna
First Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default ~ Open Post ~
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

The Boathouse was just where you might expect a quiet boy like Maxie Barton Anderson-Belfort to frequent, and frequent he did. The place had become, slowly but surely. one of his more beloved study spots, not just for it's solitude but for it's sounds. The gentle waves against the dock. The soft hoot of the wild owls perched up in in the deepest corners of the rafters. The windrushing through the walls. He felt lost in time here.

A book splayed across his lap, a small brown bag with snacks by his side, and a thermos of tea to keep him company.. what more did the Hufflepuff need? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
__________________
DANCE LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN

TWO EVAS, ONE MIND
nicole black is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
iekenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,186

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

SPOILER!!: the sweet child
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
The Boathouse was just where you might expect a quiet boy like Maxie Barton Anderson-Belfort to frequent, and frequent he did. The place had become, slowly but surely. one of his more beloved study spots, not just for it's solitude but for it's sounds. The gentle waves against the dock. The soft hoot of the wild owls perched up in in the deepest corners of the rafters. The windrushing through the walls. He felt lost in time here.

A book splayed across his lap, a small brown bag with snacks by his side, and a thermos of tea to keep him company.. what more did the Hufflepuff need? Nothing, absolutely nothing.


Just like most students, Céline was supposed to be doing her homework at this moment. So of course she was in search of other things to do after doing the bare minimum to complete her homework. Today she was on the search for a net for some sort of improvised football goal.

Kicking her trusty old football ahead, the fourth year set off to the most obvious place to find one, the boathouse. She wasn't sure if there were fish or inferi in the lake but WHO ELSE would have a net just laying around if not one of those boat-y boat people. With one last kick, this one as hard as possible, she kicked the ball down the steps, grinning as she heard it bouncing down.
__________________

iekenstein is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,967

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yolanda Uma Luna
First Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default Darrygirl
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Footsteps. He heard them loud and very clear.
No, no, no, no, no.

No.

No.


No.



No.

No, thank you.

No.

He did not look up from his book, he was far too busy lamenting the sorrowful loss of his solitude.
__________________
DANCE LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN

TWO EVAS, ONE MIND
nicole black is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
iekenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,186

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

And down the steps after the ball she went, catching up with the football and giving it a kick right into the boathouse. Hit anything? Of coooourse not. She jogged into the room and spotted a kid with a book.
What an odd place to be reading.

"Oh hiya." Jó, Max, who even knew at this point. Did they????? "What're you doin down here then?" Cél jogged over and squinted down at the book, not all that interested in it even though he seemed to be.
__________________

iekenstein is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)



DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Capital ♥
Posts: 81,342

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Iclyn Grace Fair
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default Lisa <3
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

It should have been a happier day for the 6th year Hufflepuff, it was after all her 17th birthday, the day she became legal in the Wizarding world. The age allowed her some freedom, like the ability to learn how to apparate, as well as being able to move out on her own, which she planned to do this summer..

But despite her new freedom, no smiles could be seen as Kamryn made her way into the boathouse, she dropped her book bag near a boat and settled down next to it, leaning against the hard structure with a sigh. She slumped down against it until her head was laying on the wood, but she didn’t care if it was uncomfortable, she just wanted to be alone.

The kitchen was her usual haunt but she didn’t feel like seeing anyone today.

Her thoughts came in waves as she kept her eyes closed, from idly wondering which is her family members would remember her birthday this year, to thinking that the day was cursed. She had broken up with her last boyfriend on her last birthday, and had broken up with her current one two says before.

She didn’t know why, but losing Trigger hurt more than losing Cameron had.. and she felt equal parts of loneliness and sadness.

She curled up and sighed softly, pulling her book bag into her chest, maybe she could sleep the day away and not have to worry about anything.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,197

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
It should have been a happier day for the 6th year Hufflepuff, it was after all her 17th birthday, the day she became legal in the Wizarding world. The age allowed her some freedom, like the ability to learn how to apparate, as well as being able to move out on her own, which she planned to do this summer..

But despite her new freedom, no smiles could be seen as Kamryn made her way into the boathouse, she dropped her book bag near a boat and settled down next to it, leaning against the hard structure with a sigh. She slumped down against it until her head was laying on the wood, but she didn’t care if it was uncomfortable, she just wanted to be alone.

The kitchen was her usual haunt but she didn’t feel like seeing anyone today.

Her thoughts came in waves as she kept her eyes closed, from idly wondering which is her family members would remember her birthday this year, to thinking that the day was cursed. She had broken up with her last boyfriend on her last birthday, and had broken up with her current one two says before.

She didn’t know why, but losing Trigger hurt more than losing Cameron had.. and she felt equal parts of loneliness and sadness.

She curled up and sighed softly, pulling her book bag into her chest, maybe she could sleep the day away and not have to worry about anything.
................nope.

Sorry not sorry, Kamryn.

Anahera had CASUALLY followed Kam after incidentally spotting her in the entrance hall. She'd been carrying a cupcake in her bag all day. Thank you, Hogwarts house elves for making it. And also for making sure she could safely stow it in her bag until the time came. They'd informed her that a simple Finite would lift the spell that was currently protecting it from getting crushed.

After watching Kam enter the boathouse from a safe distance, Anahera slowly approached it too before slowing to a halt right by one of the outside walls. She pulled out the cupcake and whispered her Finite, making sure that she wouldn't be heard inside the boathouse. She then pulled out a single candle, put it onto the cupcake, then lit it with her wand.

Et voilà!

".......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Hello yes, Anahera was inside the boathouse now, holding the cupcake and grinning.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]__[DERP]__[Drabbles]_________[Tell us what you think about Honeydukes!]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 05-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)



DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Capital ♥
Posts: 81,342

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Iclyn Grace Fair
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
................nope.

Sorry not sorry, Kamryn.

Anahera had CASUALLY followed Kam after incidentally spotting her in the entrance hall. She'd been carrying a cupcake in her bag all day. Thank you, Hogwarts house elves for making it. And also for making sure she could safely stow it in her bag until the time came. They'd informed her that a simple Finite would lift the spell that was currently protecting it from getting crushed.

After watching Kam enter the boathouse from a safe distance, Anahera slowly approached it too before slowing to a halt right by one of the outside walls. She pulled out the cupcake and whispered her Finite, making sure that she wouldn't be heard inside the boathouse. She then pulled out a single candle, put it onto the cupcake, then lit it with her wand.

Et voilà!

".......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Hello yes, Anahera was inside the boathouse now, holding the cupcake and grinning.
Kamryn uncurled as she heard a voice and she stilled for a moment before opening her eyes and pasting a smile on her face.

“Anahera! ” Kam was on her feet almost instantly and she smiled as she saw the cupcake! “You remembered! ” She said with a grin as she headed over to the other girl and the cupcake.

“Shall I make a wish and blow the candle out? ” She asked her softly.

__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,197

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kamryn uncurled as she heard a voice and she stilled for a moment before opening her eyes and pasting a smile on her face.

“Anahera! ” Kam was on her feet almost instantly and she smiled as she saw the cupcake! “You remembered! ” She said with a grin as she headed over to the other girl and the cupcake.

“Shall I make a wish and blow the candle out? ” She asked her softly.

"Of course I did!"

Anahera grinned and waited for Kamryn to walk over to her. What WAS she doing down here all by herself anyway? "Yes, you have to." Obviously. It was birthday tradition after all. Still smiling, she held out the cupcake to the other girl, just at the right height for her to be able to blow out the candle.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]__[DERP]__[Drabbles]_________[Tell us what you think about Honeydukes!]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 05-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)



DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Capital ♥
Posts: 81,342

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Iclyn Grace Fair
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"Of course I did!"

Anahera grinned and waited for Kamryn to walk over to her. What WAS she doing down here all by herself anyway? "Yes, you have to." Obviously. It was birthday tradition after all. Still smiling, she held out the cupcake to the other girl, just at the right height for her to be able to blow out the candle.
Kamryn managed a small smile as she looked over at her friend, she was actually very grateful that Anahera had remembered her birthday, she had just assumed that most people would have forgotten it since she herself was so forgettable, hence part of her reason for removing herself from sight.

That and she didn’t want to run into Trigger. Their break up hurt terribly and Kam was still trying and failing to process it. She felt like she was in some sort of bad dream that she couldn’t wake up from.

“Thanks for remembering. ” She said in a soft voice as she looked at her friend and then crept closer.

She looked down at the cupcake and then closed her eyes to make a wish.

Just please let things go back to normal she wished softly as she openers her eyes and blew out the flame.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,037

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The mist that began creeping out of the forest has begun to makes it way out onto the grounds. It brought with it something of a cold chill though this was as likely a result of the dreary January weather.

The mist is wispy on the fringes but thick if one were to make their way into it.

So thick that you wouldn't be able to make out right from left. So thick that you can't see anything beyond it.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default yo, mist!
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

Nina Castillo did not plan on riding a boat. Nor did she plan on borrowing nets or fishing tools. That sounded terribly unappealing. No, she hadn't actually known what this underground harbor contained. Having only transferred to the school late last year, the Slytherin hadn't ever used the boats before. Stumbling upon this structure had been a complete and utter surprise.

In fact, she had only ventured outside to escape some of her classmates. A list, which, only kept growing in length. There were far too many people to avoid within the castles confines, and so on days such as these when it all became too much... Her only real options were the grounds. But again, the Courtyard was far too common place, and she didn't want to freeze her bum by sitting by the lake. And so she walked. This was the farthest out she had ever gone. It was rather curious, this place.

Kept neat, but the wood was worn. What was even more peculiar was the sudden, oncoming wall of mist. It was incredibly disorienting. Nina turned around to walk out of the boathouse to escape it, but... she couldn't see the door anymore? The mist was fogging everything up, she could hardly even see a few centimeters in front of her own feet. She could feel her heart rate quicken as the nerves kicked in. She didn't know her way out.

And the longer she spun around in place, the more lost she felt. Her airways were also starting to feel quite heavy. She could still breathe, that wasn't the issue. It was more of an emotional reaction than it was a physical one. But she still coughed quite a bit. Um??? This couldn't have been normal mist, right???
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #13 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,224

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Alice was out for a jog. Yes, a jog. She may have been more well known among the students and her colleagues as a Yoga practitioner, but anyone who knew the health fanatic knew that she was into all forms of physical fitness, and they may even have a few bad memories of how enthusiastically she had embraced and enforced disgraced headmaster Julian's exercise routine.

Honestly, though, the only thing she hadn't liked about those exercises were how early in the morning they were. Alice knew full well the importance of a good night's sleep!

If they were to take place during the daytime, then Alice would have been all for reinstating school-mandated exercise for the entire school. And yes, she knew the students would hate her for that if it actually happened. The current Health club was a good start, but Alice wanted fitness ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.

But enough about what might have been. She shifted her mind back to the task at hand, which was getting the best workout she possibly could on that chilly day. She was wearing a turtleneck jacket (and boots) only because of how cold it was. Her hair was cut a little shorter than usual, revealing the slightly pointed ears of the part-goblin. You could only see them if you looked closely, though.

It was not until she had jogged down to the boathouse that she began to feel unusually breathless. At first she assumed it was because of how good she was exercising...but then she began to feel cold. "Um, what?!" she sputtered, coming to a stop. She should NOT be getting cold in the middle of a strenuous exercise! She noticed Ms. Castillo standing nearby (why hadn't she seen her before? Probably because of the mist - where had that come from??) and looking even more breathless and confused than she was.

"Ms. Castillo!" she called out in a slightly more shaky tone than the usually dominant professor was known for. "Are you all right? Come with me. We need to get out of this cold."

Wait...which way was out? A jolt of unease went through her.

Last edited by Goblinfrog; 06-16-2019 at 03:47 AM.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,576

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Needing to get out of the castle for one reason or ten, Eiji decided to try his luck with more ingredients collecting around the grounds. While pillaging the greenhouses, he was reminded of a certain algae that grew around the docks and soon was making his way over to the boathouse with a few empty phials still in his pockets. It was en route that he happened to see Nina heading that direction as well, which perked his curiosity and he had half a mind to wonder if this was her new area of solitude to avoid, well, to avoid a certain trio of petty mean girls who would be paying for their crimes soon enough.

Which once again brought him back to the algae. It was a potent thickening ingredient with some magical properties when paired with the correct ingredients. Ingredients which just so happened to be a part of his special brew.

So focused on the task at hand, his collecting that is, that Eiji did not even notice he was stepping into a thick mist until it was as thick as pea soup and he could no longer see the vials in his own hands. ".....what the...."

And then, seemingly out of no where, he heard the History of Magic professor shouting to Nina. Ears perked and listening, Eiji found himself annoyed by this mist because how was he supposed to collect the algae when he couldn't see a damn thing? Grumbling to himself and wanting to find Nina, the fourth year took another step forward only to find there was no dock for him to stand on. Just air. And then came imbalance until....

S P L A S H
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)



DMGS & MO
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fifth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Royland Gladin
Minister's Office
Default
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Under normal circumstances Trinetta would be VERY upset to know that her usual hiding spot - the boathouse - was becoming more and more crowded by the minute. Even in the winter, she didn't mind heading down there when she just needed time to think and scribble in her journal. She usually had a bluebell flame in a jar to keep her warm, and just being out of the wind usually made it a rather comfortable atmosphere even in the dead of winter. It was the perfect place for her to just think when she needed to be alone. Nothing but the occasionally sound of the water moving around, or the creek of the boats as they sat there, unused.

She heard a commotion coming from the boathouse as she approached, however, which made her wonder if she should stop and turn around. Maybe she should just avoid the boathouse all together. Pretend she'd never heard anything. Merlin knew WHAT was going on there, and it could be literally ANYTHING. This WAS Hogwarts, after all. She could hear O'Hara's voice coming from the boathouse, so whatever was going on...a professor was on it. That had to mean it was under control, right?

But of course she was nosy. So naturally, she kept moving forward, reaching the boathouse with quickened steps. As soon as she entered the small building, though, her vision was completely blinded by a thick heavy fog. Her eyes widened, as if THAT would help her see better through the mist, hands immediately stretched out in front of her. Whatever she had been expecting - this wasn't it.

Thankfully she knew the layout of the boathouse rather well from all her visits there, so she was able to maneuver her way to the middle of the room. Or so she thought? Even with a good knowledge of the place, all this mist was really jarring.

"HELLO!? Professor?!" she called out, knowing that she had to be somewhere in all this mess. "What's going on!?" she asked, a slight panic in her voice. OOP. It sounded like something was in the water! Her brain immediately thought of the acromantulas that had attacked Trent a few months ago, and her brain started reeling. She knelt down to the ground and started feeling around blindly, crawling around on the ground until she felt the strong handle of an oar. YES! Just as she had hoped!

She grabbed it and stood back up, turning wildly towards the water (or so she thought, she was actually facing the opposite direction). "STAY BACK! I'M ARMED!" she yelled, waving the oar wildly in to the mist as she did so. Her brain wasn't even registering the fact that it would be completely asinine for an acromantula to be HERE, in the boathouse, near all this water it could easily drown in. What if it wasn't a spider, though? What if it was an angry merman? Or a grindylow? NOT TODAY SIR, NOT TODAY!
__________________
you should see me in a crown____________________________________________

_____________________________________________I'm gonna run this nothing town
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

Nina prided herself on her ability to remain calm, even when she was upset, or angery, or nervous. She was typically able to wear a face in facade. In this moment, however, she felt complete and utter terror. She hadn’t SEEN the acromantula’s with her own eyes, but she had heard the rumors. And if there was anything Nina hated more than creatures, it was BIG SCARY CREATURES. And while she couldn’t see anything through the mist, she could most certainly hear the floorboards of the boathouse creaking. Someone or SOMETHING was following her inside. Her blood pressure had most certainly skyrocketed. Only making her move about with even MORE panic.

The familiar (yet agitating) sound of her Professor’s voice helped ease those nerves a little. Phew. It was just Professor O’Hara. She naively nodded her head in response to the questions, all the while aware that the gesture would not be seen, and opened her mouth to reply when she heard the SPLASH of water.

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO.

So naturally, she began screaming.

And then, also naturally, she began screaming even LOUDER because she had just been whacked in the gut (by Trinetta’s oar). Whacked so hard that she was thrown off her balance and ALSO landed in the water with a very loud…

S P L A S H ! ! !

Very loud because she was still screaming. And flailing around. And most probably splashing Eiji a whole lot in the— EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!

OH MY GOD. WHAT WAS THAT!?!? Her arm had just whacked SOMETHING (was it a head? a body part? a ???????????). “EEEEEEK!!!”
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,576

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Conveniently under water for most of the talking, Eiji was unaware that Trinetta had joined the trifecta of disaster to turn it into a quartet of ... quibble? It was hard to think up words beginning with the letter 'Q' when one was trying to find the surface of the water again and one one did find it it was hard to tell because of this blanket of thick mist.

Even worse? Attempting to climb OUT of the water only to be promptly SMACKED square in the face by the flat side of something hard and wooden. He didn't even have time to register Trinetta's voice before he was propelled back into the water with a searing pain to his brow and tears in his eyes from the direct hit to his nose. A nose that was most certainly broken, so thanks for that. To add insult to injury, literally, Eiji received another firm slap and whack to the face from the flailing arms of one Nina Castillo. Not only was his nose bleeding like mad, but it felt like his ears were too from the shrieking and screaming coming from his housemate.

Disoriented and in pain, Eiji tried to gain his bearings some how and swam in the direction he HOPED was the dock...only to swim directly - face first - into Nina's chest and his own bark of surprise.

"What the hell was that?!"
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #18 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,224

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Alice heard one of the students shout out her name, asking what was going on. If only she had an answer to that question! "Trinetta?!" she shouted back, correctly identifying the voice. "Are you all right? Follow my voice! That is an order! FOLLOW MY VOICE!!!" She tried to move towards Trinetta's voice. It was at that moment that Nina's scream pierced the air, followed by Trinetta threatening someone. This was followed by a couple of thumping noises and then SPLASHES and more screaming - punctuated by a boy's exclamation of surprise.

Growing increasingly anxious, Alice prepared her lungs to shout out instructions - when all of a sudden she was unceremoniously WHACKED by the back-end of an oar.

THUNK!

Alice crumpled on the dock in a small heap. "AHH-AHHH!!!!" she cried out in pain, part scream and part sob. She clutched her head in pain and writhed on the ground. An oar hit to the head would hurt a part-goblin like her much more than it would hurt a human, and she had gotten it right on the head. "HEEEELP!!!" She screamed, sobbing tears of pain and rage as she continued to clutch her head. She began to feebly crawl up the dock (away from the water) to avoid being hit again. A trail of tears followed her - each one a humiliating drop of pain unwillingly given.

It was only when she reached the start of the dock that she heard the laughter. It was the laughter of other people. Equal parts joyful and mischievous, they caused a jolt of dread to run down her spine.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Gnome
 
gritandgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CANADA
Posts: 365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonjour, je m'appelle Eniola Abara.
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley.
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright.
Mysteries
Default

Eni saw the fog before she heard the screaming. 'Was that...Professor O'Hara? What in the world?' Eniola took off at a run towards the screaming with little regard towards her own safety. Almost slipping along the grass she made it to the dock and saw her Professor on the ground. "Professor! Are you okay!? What happened?" She yelled as she ran to kneel down beside her.

This doesn't look good. She thought as she saw the professor clutching her head. "Professor, please. Let me bring you to Healer Beryl." Eni looked around trying to find someone else that could help.
__________________
gritandgrace is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 12:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,037

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The mist continues making its way across the grounds, seemingly indifferent to any that may now be in its paths. It soon engulfs everything and everyone around. Even then it keeps going at its steady pace. By now it’s hard to see much further than a hand’s distance ahead of you and there’s a faint, undistinguished rumbling. Bad weather, surely.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)



DMGS & MO
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fifth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Royland Gladin
Minister's Office
Default
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

THUNK. Nettie felt SOMETHING connect with her oar, and then heard the SPLASH as whatever she had hit ended up in the water. And then...ANOTHER hit. BAM! She was on FIRE right now! Take THAT scary acromantulas! You were NOT gonna get her today! Continuing to brandish the oar around as her only means of defense, she stopped suddenly when she recognized someone's voice.

"EIJI?! Is that you!?" she called out. A sinking realization hit her and she felt her stomach drop as it started to dawn on her that one of her targets MIGHT have unintentionally been her friend. WHOOPS. Oh Merlin, was he in the water now too?! Had that been the splash she'd heard? He was going to MURDER her and use her organs for potions ingredients for this.

"Hold on!" she yelled, flipping the oar in her hands to use it as a sort of ladder to get him out when...THUNK. She'd made a connection with someone else. That scream...it took her a moment, but as the howling went on, she realized it had been Professor O'Hara. OH NOOOOOO, she'd forgotten all about her! She'd hit the professor! OH NOOOOOOO!

Could you be expelled for accidentally attacking a teacher?! Even unintentionally??

"Professor! I'm so sorry!"
she exclaimed, although in the chaos of everything, she STILL couldn't see more than a few inches in front of her. Eiji could be drowning, O'Hara could be drowning, another voice had joined the pack...Nettie was fine, by the way, thanks for asking newcomer...it was all too much. Nettie didn't like the way her professor was yelling, either. It sounded BAD. How much damage had the oar done?? Nettie didn't think she was THAT strong...certainly not strong enough to inflict the kind of damage that would warrant a reaction like that...

Suddenly, Nettie dropped the oar in terror as she heard...that sound. It was the unmistakable sound of many teeny, tiny little legs scuttling their way across the boathouse towards her. She screamed, instantly turning on her heel in instinct and running even though she knew in the back of her brain that she might accidentally run right in to the water. That was preferable, though, because those little creatures were surely gaining on her. It sounded like hundreds of them, creepy crawling things that were probably going to drown her in their stampede if she didn't get out of here...

She ran in to the wall, stumbled a bit at the shock of it all, and let out another shriek because the scuttling noise was getting LOUDER. They were coming for her! She looked around wildly, but in all the fog, she couldn't see the floor. They were probably everywhere! A sea of giant bugs and beetles was probably raining down on her right now! She could practically feel them crawling up her legs!

And she was alone. Her brain tried to remind her that it wasn't true...but she knew, deep down in her heart, she was utterly alone. Left here to be eaten by the bugs. No one. No Jimmy, no Royland, no Ethan, no Chloe, no Keenan, no Missa, no Eiji. Totally, 100% alone.

Shock had taken over her body, and she slumped against the wall, pulled her legs to her chest, and began to sob.
__________________
you should see me in a crown____________________________________________

_____________________________________________I'm gonna run this nothing town
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Gnome
 
gritandgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CANADA
Posts: 365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonjour, je m'appelle Eniola Abara.
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley.
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright.
Mysteries
Default

Eni started to become more aware of her surroundings, even as the fog got thicker and thicker. Why is everyone freaking out? Why did the Ravenclaw girl have an oar? What is going on?

She just wanted to get out of there with the Professor. She can worry about the rest later, it seemed the Ravenclaw girl got a little sense and started running away from the water at least. Although with how thick this fog was getting Eni was surprised she didn't end up in the water.

Eniola shivered. Whether it was from the chill of the fog or her own fear she wasn't sure. She could feel someone...something...watching her. It was unsettling and made her want to get out of there. 'Safety. I've got to get to safety.'

"Professor!" She whispered urgently. They needed to leave. To run. It isn't safe. Something was out there.
__________________
gritandgrace is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 02:37 AM   #23 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,224

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Baron Snozz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler


Alice blinked at the student trying to help her. Eni? It was hard to see through the fear and mist, but she felt a deep concern for this student's well being. It wasn't safe. They had to leave. She took Eni's hand in hers with every intention of leading her back to the castle, even though her head still throbbed in pain and she could barely stand. But then she saw them. Them. The source of the laughter.

The voices continued to laugh. Their laugh was joyful and harsh at the same time. One of the sources of the laugh manifested itself. Laughing cruelly, it moved towards the professor and made as if to poke her with its wand.

Alice raised her hands in front of her. "We're unarmed. Leave us be!" She tried to position herself between the voices and Eni. Neved had being poor at magic made her feel so helpless as she felt at that moment. Then that helplessness turned to rage as the wand poked in her direction again. Another wand pointed at her back. None of them touched her, but all came close.

"I'll report ALL of you!!!" she shouted, rage contorting her features. She still gripped Eni's hand tightly in her own.

Then the lead figure holding a wand mouthed something. It went something like this: READY TO FLY, LITTLE ALICE? READY TO FLY LIKE A BALLOON?

In her fear, she couldn't even hear the sound of Trinneta apologizing, or any of the other cries of students.
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 03:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Gnome
 
gritandgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CANADA
Posts: 365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonjour, je m'appelle Eniola Abara.
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley.
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright.
Mysteries
Default

Eni couldn't see who the professor was yelling at, but she did see several things popping up from the water. Were creatures coming out of the Lake now like the Forest? What is happening to Hogwarts!? But no, these didn't seem friendly. They were menacing and scared the crap out of Eni that's for sure.

Without thinking she drew her wand. No sense in waiting until after they're attacked after all. Especially when the professor is already injured. She could hear someone else screaming too, but it was coming from the Lake and she'd be damned to be going near there. No, no, no. Far, far away. That is what they needed to get. Far, far away.

But they could hardly see anything. "Lumos Maxima!" Eni called out in hopes to scare off the creatures and to give herself some courage. She was back to back with the professor now, both seemingly preoccupied with their own issues. Eni had only one goal in mind at this point to get back safe. She even debated leaving the professor and making a run for it, but could she really do that?

NO! If she wants to be a Healer she needs to be brave, no matter how terrified she really was.

"Hello? Who's there? Is someone in the Lake?" Eni called out hesitantly, hoping not to lure the things any closer. "I swear, if you don't tell me right now who you are I'm running and you can fend for yourself! I won't wait. You can get eaten alive for all I care at this point."

Calling over her shoulder to the professor she said, "Professor, get out your wand! We need to get out of here. Protego!" She yelled, Eni definitely didn't want to get eaten alive by....whatever those things are. Every second she felt colder and more terrified. What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?
__________________
gritandgrace is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default there are 4 types of people, apparently
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

In case you were wondering, this particular fourth year was still screaming. Screaming bloody murder, actually. It was a great juxtaposition to how quiet she typically sat within her lessons. It was a rather unrecognizable noise coming from one Nina Castillo. Though it didn’t really matter that much as no one could SEE her at the moment anyway. They wouldn’t be able to recognize her even if they wanted to.

The Slytherin frantically moved her head around from side-to-side, arms flailing every which direction. Her heart rate quickened every time she heard a noise from above or one from the water. OH NO OH NO OH NO!!! So many animals lived in the water here. What if the squid came after her or a mermaid or a grinDYLOW. OH MY GOD. She was going to DIE HERE. ”AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Again she let out a LOUD wail when something (Eiji) bumped right into her. OH MY GOD WHAT WAS—

”....Eiji?” She recognized that tone of annoyance instantly. It was only for that moment that she had taken a break from all the screaming. In that same moment of rest, she had been quiet enough to hear Professor O’Hara again, whose previous instructions she had been screaming over and hadn’t heard. Whoops! Oh wait, what was that? Was Nina was screaming again? HAHAHAH. Yes. Absolutely.

Because suddenly, fear struck her like never before. And if one thought the screams couldn’t get louder? Oh, they were very wrong.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Her shrill shrieks pierced through the air. Oh my Merlin. Oh NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO. There were three of them. No, ten. NO, TWENTY. And they were SURROUNDING her. Taunting. Angry. Eager to eat.

Nina Castillo was screaming as loud as a venue full of thirteen year-olds seeing The Dead Kneazles preforming for the first time... if The Dead Kneazles were dying and the concert venue was on fire and everyone was slowly drowning in a gross lake filled with algae. No, she wasn’t just screaming. She was shrieking. At the top of her lungs--which were, by the way, unfortunately filling with (gross) water as her head bobbed up and down. She had to take breaks in between the screams to spit it out. Ew.

In the sudden onset of fear and panic, she had completely forgotten that there were others nearby. All she could do was scream. There wasn't a possibility for escape. They were literally surrounding her. There wasn’t anywhere to go. So much for fight or flight. Nina Castillo was stuck. And she was screaming. And she was crying. And her stomach was throbbing in pain (thanks, Trinetta). And !!!!!! The worst part of all of this was that her mascara was probably running all down her face, the water was probably making her hair look so gross, AND her slippers had gone missing as a result of all the kicking around she had been doing in the water and they were her FAVORITE pair.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Breath.

Spit.

Ew. Breathe. Commence. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

Was someone else talking? Because Nina couldn't hear them over her screams. Whoops. Times. Two.
__________________

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 06-17-2019 at 03:33 AM.
ArianaBlack is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180