sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-01-2019, 11:15 PM
FearlessLeader19 FearlessLeader19 is offline
 
Default Muggle Studies 1 :: Sports :: Cricket

This was going to be the last lesson that Kay would be holding outside since the cold weather was slated to to begin creeping in soon, given that November would be ending soon. Decembers in Scotland were not to be messed with in terms of the temperature. In any case, it was another sporting lesson, one which would require the students to be participating in physical activity. They would be kept extra warm by their own body heat. This part of the Ground had been transformed into a pitch with ‘tree stumps’ for seating purposes a small distance away (thanks to help from one Joshua Wishart). The setup should be nothing new to the students as previous lessons that term were taught in this setting by her. Close to her feet, in neat piles were gear for the topic they were to be covering that day: bats, pads, helmets, gloves, balls, wickets and the other necessary items.

Kay sat perched on one of the makeshift tree stumps, rummaging her purple satchel. “I know I put it in here,’’ she murmured to herself, her hand deep in the bag. But it was not there, the precious fountain pen that had been the last gift her father had given her. She let out a sigh of frustration but refused to admit defeat. A careful search of the satchel commenced again. “I don’t suppose you noticed a fountain pen fall out of my bag, did you, Adi?”


The young man to whom the question was directed looked to the Muggle Studies professor. “Nope, sorry, Ms. Stewart, but I didn’t.’’ He looked regretful as he bounced on his feet excitedly. It was great to be back at Hogwarts since he had left there ten terms ago. A lot had changed from then: he was now a father to a four year old boy and twin girls on the way; he co-owned a hippogriff and dragon reserve with his husband, Benny; played pro Gobstones for the Hereford Hippogriffs and coached the sport that was subject of the lesson. It was the reason Kaysha had brought him in- to assist with the finer aspects of the game.

What had not changed was Aditya Atreyu-Rehman’s energy level. He was pumped for this lesson to get started!


Helpful Links:
* Arrival replies + Question 1
* Question 1 replies + Question 2
* Question 2 replies + Mini Activity: Day 1
* Mini Activity: Day 1 replies + Mini Activity: Day 2
* Mini Activity: Day 2 replies + Mini Activity: Day 3
* Mini Activity: Day 3 replies + Main Activity: Day 1
* Main Activity: Day 1 replies + Main Activity: Day 2 update
* Main Activity: Day 2 replies + Main Activity: Day 3 update
* Main Activity: Day 4 replies + Class Dismissal


OOC: Hello, everyone! Welcome to our first OOC MS lesson! IC, this isn’t the first one, of course. In addition to Adi, we’ll have another guest dropping by so keep your eyes peeled We’ll commence the lesson in about 27 hours but in the meanwhile, post your charries gathering and interacting with Adi and Kay or reacting to the gears. <3 Class has commenced!
Old 02-09-2019, 01:58 AM   #76 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,837

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default catching up on mini activity/Startingmain activity
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Text Cut: mini activity
Tina was officially disappointed. When she heard they were doing sports in Muggle Studies, she thought it would be something nice and simple like football or tennis or pétanque… you know, normal sports that people had actually heard of. She listened closely to Mr. Atreyu-Rehman's explanation, trying to get a mental picture of how the game was played, but it was as if everything went in one ear and out the other. Bowling? Was that like the sport bowling where you roll a ball at a group of pins… or in this case that “wicket” thing? No? So bowling was basically throwing. Then why didn't they just call it that in the first place? And come to think of it, why weren't overs called sets if that's what they were? Honestly, this game had the most nonsensical terminology… and considering that Tina had been playing quidditch since she could hold a broom, that was really saying something! The more Tina heard, the more confused she became. A Yorker? Really? Different throws had different names? She was beginning to think these bats and balls were just for show and the real object of the game was to make up the most confusing rules possible; whoever understood the rules was the winner.

With an inward groan, Tina moved to the nearest open wicket. Unfamiliar sport, unfamiliar equipment… this could only end badly! She didn't care about being liked, but that didn't mean she wanted to make a fool of herself. She picked up a ball, trying to hold it the same way Mr. Atreyu-Rehman did. Merlin, this felt weird! Not at all like holding a quaffle… She threw the ball, but it missed by several inches. Darn! She tried again, still emulating the Yorker technique… that was what it was called, right? This time the ball sailed over the top of the wicket.

Tina was starting to get really frustrated, especially as she looked around and saw some of her classmates hitting their wickets. Ugh, everyone was better than her! Could she just give up and call it a day now? She didn't like failing, especially failing in front of other people. She was supposed to have all the answers and get it right on the first try! In her rising anger, her mind wandered back to the first time she tried quidditch. She wanted to quit when she couldn't get the quaffle through the hoop on her first few tries, but M. Evremonde pushed her to keep at it, said it would help her channel her anger… and it did.

That was it! Maybe she’d have better luck if she approached cricket the same way she did quidditch. This time Tina didn’t bother with the Yorker technique; she held the ball the same way she would a quaffle. Her eyes locked with the wicket. She was knocking that thing down if it was the last thing she ever did! She allowed her mounting anger to flow through her, swung her arm back, and - WHACK! Her ball toppled the wicket; it may not be pretty but at least she hit the stupid thing… and just in time. Most everybody was moving on to batting practice.

Tina picked up some pads and a helmet that looked about her size and put them on. Thank Merlin the equipment wasn’t as complicated as the rest of this game! She was feeling much more confident about batting. After all, she had years of experience as a beater behind her, and this was basically the same concept, right? Maybe not… The dark-haired Ravenclaw eagerly grabbed a bat, giving it a couple of practice swings to get a feel for it, but she soon learned that swinging a bat while standing on the ground was different from swinging a bat seated on a broom. She spread her feet apart just as a ball came toward her. She swung, and… the ball sailed right past her. She swung too high. Well, that was discouraging! Tina started to reposition herself when she overheard Professor Noble talking to the Gryffindor prefect. She’d try it that way next time!

But before Tina got the chance to try again, the class was moving on - literally! She followed the rest of the class to the area where the cricket pitch was set up. She’d only just got a good look at the layout when Mr. Atreyu-Rehman started speaking again. Were they going to play an actual game now or-? Oh, great. More ridiculous names and confusing rules to remember… Well, let’s get this fielding practice over with, she thought, taking her place behind one of the plates. There was no way she was going to be the wicket keeper! She didn’t feel like embarrassing herself any more than she already had, thank you very much! So now what? Was she allowed to run for a ball if it came toward her or did she have to stay behind the plate at all times?


So it was finally game time. Good! The sooner the game started, the sooner it would be over, the sooner class would end and Tina could go back to doing something she knew she was good at. She watched the coin toss, hoping against hope that she’d be on the batting team… but no such luck. Apparently it was too much to ask that she get to do the one thing she was sort of comfortable with. At least the teams were assigned! Nothing worse than being picked last for a team… she knew that firsthand.

Tina took her place behind the nearest plate. Yeah, she was just going to stay here and “field” until she was specifically told to bowl or they switched to batting… whichever came first. She guessed it could be worse. At least she wasn’t picked to be wicket keeper and she didn’t have to bowl first! And who knows, maybe they'd switch off before she had to bowl? Please?
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 03:00 AM   #77 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Nettie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Oh good, Nettie was with the cricket guy. She hadn't really got a chance to do batting practice - she'd done horribly at the bowling bit, so she had tried to perfect that before moving on and had of course missed practice. Noble had helped her feel a bit better, though, pointing out that most people focused on one bit, batting OR bowling.

Well. Here goes nothing. Time to just get started and see if she was able to pull this off and not get hurt in the process. If she couldn't play Quidditch because she got injured playing cricket she would NOT be happy!

Good thing she'd spent that extra time on the bowling bit, because it looked like they were up to bat. Or wait, no, that wasn't the phrase. They were just bowling and protecting the wicket? Ugh. She was already lost. She sat back for just a moment, waiting for Patrick to go before she got started. Then, it was her turn.

Taking the cricket ball in her hands - the YORKER, as she now knew - she took a few deep breaths. More of a throw than a pelt, Adi had said. Alright. She could do this. She took a few steps, increasing in speed and then throwing the yorker as hard as she could at the wicket, hoping it made contact. This time it DID hit it, although not very hard. But at least CONTACT!

It was out of habit that Adi keep his focus on the bowlers as they got into action. This time, it was no different with the young girl whose turn it was. Wasn’t that determination etched all over her face? He recognised it all too well. His eyes followed her and when she did bowl, he joined his hands together clapping for her. “Good job! Just aim a little more for the center and you’ll be even better!’’


SPOILER!!: Sterling! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Sooooo she was on the batting team, which was.....fine, she guessed. She was still trying to get the rules straight in her mind, actually. Way more complicated than Quidditch, football (regular and American) or even her muggle sport of choice, lacrosse. How did the inventors of this game decide that a complicated game would make a fun one?

“Keep yourself readied, Ms. Calrissian. At any moment, Mr. Botros or Ms. Swann could be out.’’ Which is what the team didn’t want but it was inevitable.


SPOILER!!: Caolan! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Caolan had made the BEST decision to come to Muggle Studies today, this lesson literally couldn’t get any better and although he wouldn’t be doing an OWL in it (for obvious reasons) he didn’t mind at all that he was spending a couple of hours playing one of his favourite sports in the whole world. Forget Quidditch, this was what real guys played.

It was a shame that Adi had to give up the sport he loved so much. Caolan hadn’t given much thought to going pro after graduating mostly because he knew his Ma would prefer he take the education route in case ‘something went horribly wrong’. He loved the game however and he was good at it so it was definitely a contender for the future. “What made you give it up?” he asked genuinely interested. Was it time? Injury? He found something he loved more? Playing for England would be a very big honour after all. As for a going to look at one of the clubs Adi coached for - it was like he had read the younger boys mind. He grinned. “Yeah sure! I’d like that.” As long as he got to play for a bit too.

The sixteen year old was relieved he didn’t have to run off to fetch the ball that he had batted somewhere into bushes in the grounds. It would’ve taken forever to retrieve it and it would be a waste of their precious playing time. Instead Adi bowled a very fast ball towards him and the Ravenclaw managed to hit it far away despite how surprised he was by the power behind it. No wonder this guy almost went pro.. “You should’ve joined the England team!” he remarked.

The lesson quickly moved onto fielding and Caolan got to work catching the ball and tossing it towards the wicket to knock it down. It wasn’t his favourite aspect of Cricket but that wasn’t to say that he didn’t like doing it. Every part of the game was as important as the next. Professor Noble piped in with his thoughts of making a Hogwarts team and he beamed in response. “Really? That would be so cool.” Please make it happen?

Suddenly they were split into teams and Caolan was placed onto Adi’s team and given the role of wicket keeper. He put on the protective gloves and took up position behind the wicket ready to catch any stray balls that flew in his direction. Let’s be honest, the way that some of these kids were playing it was very likely to happen.

You know, that same excited and joyful expression remained on this kid’s face for the entire time this lesson was on. This told Adi one thing: Cricket was his passion. “Well, it was mainly because of Hogwarts. If I had decided to skip my magical education, I could have practiced and played full time. But I don’t regret it for a number a reasons. Plus, coaching isn’t so bad. If you come around to the club someday, I can introduce you to the big players.’’ Cue a grin. “Some of them still come to practice there.’’ Mhmm! Some of those big names in the game today! “Just leave me your contact information after class, okay?”

Adi turned back to Caolan after watching the ball fly. “Thanks! I can say the same for you!’’ He had to do something for this kid… there was so much potential there.


SPOILER!!: Hanna! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
So, Professor Noble was umpiring! Which meant they all got to play! Hanna waited to see what team she'd be on, and headed towards her own head of house once her name was called. They were batting first. Hanna watched as a few people went through and bowled, wicketed, and hit the ball, running between, and the fielders. It was a lot of positions. So many. It was nothing like how she used to play at home. It was just... someone threw the ball, and someone hit the ball. Or tried, at least. There were also a lot more people around. And besides, all three adults seemed to understand cricket.

Hanna gave the claps and whoops of cheer to her team mates as they went, hit the ball, ran, came back. It was interesting to watch everyone, though. How people threw the ball, and also caught it. And the people on the field.

When it was her turn, a flutter of nervous butterflies went through her. Up she went, picking up the bat ready for the ball. She stood in a potion that felt most comfortable and intuitive to her, watching the person throwing the ball. Once they released it, she swung the bat forward, and did a full turn, bat leading the way. There was no ball connecting with the bat. It was behind her.

It was soon Hanna’s turn. Was there determination? Excitement? Kay really could not tell. So she simply focused on the Ravenclaw. The ball was bowled to Hanna and there was a swing… and a miss. “That’s not a problem, Ms. Newton,’’ she called encouragingly. “You’ll definitely get the next one.’’ After all, not every ball would be connected with the bat. This happened even with the professionals.


SPOILER!!: Tina! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Text Cut: mini activity
Tina was officially disappointed. When she heard they were doing sports in Muggle Studies, she thought it would be something nice and simple like football or tennis or pétanque… you know, normal sports that people had actually heard of. She listened closely to Mr. Atreyu-Rehman's explanation, trying to get a mental picture of how the game was played, but it was as if everything went in one ear and out the other. Bowling? Was that like the sport bowling where you roll a ball at a group of pins… or in this case that “wicket” thing? No? So bowling was basically throwing. Then why didn't they just call it that in the first place? And come to think of it, why weren't overs called sets if that's what they were? Honestly, this game had the most nonsensical terminology… and considering that Tina had been playing quidditch since she could hold a broom, that was really saying something! The more Tina heard, the more confused she became. A Yorker? Really? Different throws had different names? She was beginning to think these bats and balls were just for show and the real object of the game was to make up the most confusing rules possible; whoever understood the rules was the winner.

With an inward groan, Tina moved to the nearest open wicket. Unfamiliar sport, unfamiliar equipment… this could only end badly! She didn't care about being liked, but that didn't mean she wanted to make a fool of herself. She picked up a ball, trying to hold it the same way Mr. Atreyu-Rehman did. Merlin, this felt weird! Not at all like holding a quaffle… She threw the ball, but it missed by several inches. Darn! She tried again, still emulating the Yorker technique… that was what it was called, right? This time the ball sailed over the top of the wicket.

Tina was starting to get really frustrated, especially as she looked around and saw some of her classmates hitting their wickets. Ugh, everyone was better than her! Could she just give up and call it a day now? She didn't like failing, especially failing in front of other people. She was supposed to have all the answers and get it right on the first try! In her rising anger, her mind wandered back to the first time she tried quidditch. She wanted to quit when she couldn't get the quaffle through the hoop on her first few tries, but M. Evremonde pushed her to keep at it, said it would help her channel her anger… and it did.

That was it! Maybe she’d have better luck if she approached cricket the same way she did quidditch. This time Tina didn’t bother with the Yorker technique; she held the ball the same way she would a quaffle. Her eyes locked with the wicket. She was knocking that thing down if it was the last thing she ever did! She allowed her mounting anger to flow through her, swung her arm back, and - WHACK! Her ball toppled the wicket; it may not be pretty but at least she hit the stupid thing… and just in time. Most everybody was moving on to batting practice.

Tina picked up some pads and a helmet that looked about her size and put them on. Thank Merlin the equipment wasn’t as complicated as the rest of this game! She was feeling much more confident about batting. After all, she had years of experience as a beater behind her, and this was basically the same concept, right? Maybe not… The dark-haired Ravenclaw eagerly grabbed a bat, giving it a couple of practice swings to get a feel for it, but she soon learned that swinging a bat while standing on the ground was different from swinging a bat seated on a broom. She spread her feet apart just as a ball came toward her. She swung, and… the ball sailed right past her. She swung too high. Well, that was discouraging! Tina started to reposition herself when she overheard Professor Noble talking to the Gryffindor prefect. She’d try it that way next time!

But before Tina got the chance to try again, the class was moving on - literally! She followed the rest of the class to the area where the cricket pitch was set up. She’d only just got a good look at the layout when Mr. Atreyu-Rehman started speaking again. Were they going to play an actual game now or-? Oh, great. More ridiculous names and confusing rules to remember… Well, let’s get this fielding practice over with, she thought, taking her place behind one of the plates. There was no way she was going to be the wicket keeper! She didn’t feel like embarrassing herself any more than she already had, thank you very much! So now what? Was she allowed to run for a ball if it came toward her or did she have to stay behind the plate at all times?


So it was finally game time. Good! The sooner the game started, the sooner it would be over, the sooner class would end and Tina could go back to doing something she knew she was good at. She watched the coin toss, hoping against hope that she’d be on the batting team… but no such luck. Apparently it was too much to ask that she get to do the one thing she was sort of comfortable with. At least the teams were assigned! Nothing worse than being picked last for a team… she knew that firsthand.

Tina took her place behind the nearest plate. Yeah, she was just going to stay here and “field” until she was specifically told to bowl or they switched to batting… whichever came first. She guessed it could be worse. At least she wasn’t picked to be wicket keeper and she didn’t have to bowl first! And who knows, maybe they'd switch off before she had to bowl? Please?

Tina was one of those kiddos who followed the instructions down to the T. All she needed was encouragement to keep it up and this was what Kay gave her in the form of a cheery beam.


OOC: Doing great, guys! Keep it up because we have about 24 hours to go for this first half! <3 Mini Activity posts should not be made now.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:14 AM   #78 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,473

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

An actual GAME then? Well... obviously, of course all of this would be leading into playing a proper game of cricket. Duh. Well, Abra was up for it, and pretty enthused to hear he would be up first at batting again; it had been kind of fun, and he wanted another whack at it, literally actually.

So Abra stepped up to the wicket, bat in hand, and tried his best to repeat the stance that Professor Noble had showed him. He couldn't quite remember it in its entirety, but he didn't really have time to worry about that, because there was a cricket ball being thrown right at him.

Or bowled. Whichever.

Completely forgetting himself, Abra did what anyone would do in that situation and swung the bat wildly at the ball. It was blind luck that he connected with it at all, even luckier that he sent it soaring out towards those out fielding (or was it lucky? he hadn't considered the idea that someone might catch it). Abra hesitated for a moment, took one step towards the opposite wicket... then another... then started running to try and get those runs that Professor Stewart had talked about. He didn't really have a clue what he was doing, and only knew that 'hit the ball and run' was sort of the general idea.
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:00 AM   #79 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Abra! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
An actual GAME then? Well... obviously, of course all of this would be leading into playing a proper game of cricket. Duh. Well, Abra was up for it, and pretty enthused to hear he would be up first at batting again; it had been kind of fun, and he wanted another whack at it, literally actually.

So Abra stepped up to the wicket, bat in hand, and tried his best to repeat the stance that Professor Noble had showed him. He couldn't quite remember it in its entirety, but he didn't really have time to worry about that, because there was a cricket ball being thrown right at him.

Or bowled. Whichever.

Completely forgetting himself, Abra did what anyone would do in that situation and swung the bat wildly at the ball. It was blind luck that he connected with it at all, even luckier that he sent it soaring out towards those out fielding (or was it lucky? he hadn't considered the idea that someone might catch it). Abra hesitated for a moment, took one step towards the opposite wicket... then another... then started running to try and get those runs that Professor Stewart had talked about. He didn't really have a clue what he was doing, and only knew that 'hit the ball and run' was sort of the general idea.


Just look at Abra go. The running between wickets was certainly adding runs to their total. Placing her hands around her mouth to form a makeshift megaphone, Kay shouted, “Great running!’’ He was doing this right.

* * * * * * *


It was now time to switch the teams around. Kay clapped her hands together to get the kiddos attention. “Everyone, it’s time two switch the roles of the teams. My team, you may take your places next to the green plates. Mr. Katharos, you’ll take up bowling first. Ms. Dalgaard-Volkova, if you’ll be wicket- keeper.’’


“Awesome job, team!” Adi was super pleased with the score they had put up. Fist bumps and high fives all around! Septimus, Cordelia, you two will suit up for batting. The remainder of us will hang back here on the sidelines while those two get into the action.’’

OOC: Hiiii, guys! So now we are going to switch things up. Adi’s team is now batting, Kay’s is fielding and bowling. Same as before, members of each team, react as though the ball is coming at them whether they’re the batsperson, wicketkeeper or fielder. Adi’s team members can pretend they're up for batting Kay's team made 39 runs in 6 overs with 4 batspersons out: that is, 39-6 in 6 overs. Adi’s team needs 40 runs in six overs. This score was generated randomly on a site but the number of persons and the number of overs were chosen by myself. The same will happen for Kay’s team score when the activity ends on Monday 11th February at 10:00 PM EST.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #80 (permalink)


DMGS
Bicorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 16,862

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caolan Wilson
Fifth Year

x12 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Layla Marie Ackerly
Games & Sports
Default
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Caolan had caught many a stray ball in his time as wicketkeeper and managed to get a couple of people out (mostly the ones that stood there in absolute confusion as they hit the ball backwards somehow and forgot to run). He was enjoying himself but quite frankly this was not where he wanted to be. No, he was absolutely itching to get on the batting team and show these kids how it was done.

Perhaps he might go a little easier on them..

..naaaaahh.

The teams switched around and the Ravenclaw stood up from his squatting position and stretched out his legs before excitedly bounced over to wait his turn. He was still talking to Adi in between waiting to bat. Getting to meet some of the big players would be amazing. His eyes lit up with excitement. “That would be awesome!” As for leaving his contact details he would be sure to do that. He made a mental note to speak to him after the lesson ended just before he was called up to bat next.

He made direct eye contact with the bowler, sussing out their throwing style seconds before it came flying through the air towards him. He hit it with ease with an audible ‘thwack’ as it flew through the air and beyond the boundary. As the fielders scrambled to retrieve it he sprinted between the wickets gaining as many runs as he could before the ball got back.

Mission accomplished.
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,473

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

Now it was their turn to do the bowling and fielding and, though Abra was slowly starting to get the hang of this game, he knew he didn't have any sort of skill when it came to actually throwing the ball in the whole cricket style. Just couldn't get the hang of that whole special overarm throw, or the yorkie thing or whatever it was called. No, he'd stick to this fielding thing for as long as possible.

Abra was expecting, as he took up his position out on one of the plates, that it wouldn't take too long for the ball to come his way again. Well, that simply wasn't true. Time after time, the ball was either not hit, or smacked in some completely different direction. The waiting got boring, and after a few minutes, Abra started to zone out slightly.

And so it was that, when the ball finally did come vaguely in his direction, he didn't realise it at first. Not until his eyes unglazed and he looked up to see the ball going off to his left. There was no way he'd be able to beat it to its landing point, so Abra had to settle with running after it, scooping up the ball as it rolled towards the boundary and throwing it back towards those nearer the wicket.
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #82 (permalink)


DoM & AC
Puffskein
 
Dokimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,524

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jackson Thomas
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default


Jackson was trying to follow along, but for some reason he wasn't quite getting it. Jackson did as he was told and stood by a green plate, hoping they ran out of time before he had to go. Maybe next time, eh? At least he wasn't the only one who should stick to Quidditch! He could swear this game was made up by kids one day. Bowling in a field?? Sure... Jackson watched as each player went to bat bowl and MERLIN! There went Caolan! Jackson watched, eyebrows raised, as the ball flew and Caolan had run off. Jackson was way too far to catch it, but he watched as Abra tried his darndest to get over there. Good hustle, Abra, good hustle.
__________________
Dokimoto is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,837

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Tina kept her place in the field throughout her team's turn to bowl, keeping her eyes peeled for any balls that headed her way. A couple of times, the ball came close, but each time, she didn't react fast enough. Either the ball sailed past her before she could catch it or someone else got to it before she did. Ugh! Cricket was so frustrating (and confusing)! But Tina supposed it could be worse. At least she wasn't stuck wicket keeping or bowling! As annoyed as she was with her failure at fielding, she kept at it. While her eyes scanned the pitch for any balls flying through the air, she noticed Professor Stewart beaming at her. She nodded, giving a small smile in return, but that split second of distraction cost her.

Tina's smile vanished as a ball went right past her. Come on, Tina! Get your head in the game, she silently berated herself for not paying attention. Okay, no more goof ups! She was going to catch the next ball that came at her, no ifs, ands, or buts. She stood, poised to strike, but before she got the chance, the teams were switching out. Finally! Now she could stop humiliating herself in the field and focus on the one aspect of this crazy sport she was semi-confident about (batting).

When Tina's turn came, she stepped up with a determined fire in her eyes, as if daring the bowler to even try anything funny. Nope, she was not getting out that easily! She gripped the bat tight as she crouched down, trying to emulate the stance Professor Noble had demonstrated earlier. Her eyes locked on the ball as it came closer and closer. All the frustration she felt at her previous failures built, flowing through her body to the tips of her fingers wrapped around the bat, and it gave her more power behind her swing. The bat and ball made contact with a resounding WHACK! It was going, going... yeah, it was gone. But Tina didn't have time to pat herself on the back just yet. She dropped the bat and ran as if she had a hungry dragon chasing her, hoping she'd make it before anyone caught her ball. If her team lost, it wasn't going to be because of her!
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:00 AM   #84 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Caolan! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Caolan had caught many a stray ball in his time as wicketkeeper and managed to get a couple of people out (mostly the ones that stood there in absolute confusion as they hit the ball backwards somehow and forgot to run). He was enjoying himself but quite frankly this was not where he wanted to be. No, he was absolutely itching to get on the batting team and show these kids how it was done.

Perhaps he might go a little easier on them..

..naaaaahh.

The teams switched around and the Ravenclaw stood up from his squatting position and stretched out his legs before excitedly bounced over to wait his turn. He was still talking to Adi in between waiting to bat. Getting to meet some of the big players would be amazing. His eyes lit up with excitement. “That would be awesome!” As for leaving his contact details he would be sure to do that. He made a mental note to speak to him after the lesson ended just before he was called up to bat next.

He made direct eye contact with the bowler, sussing out their throwing style seconds before it came flying through the air towards him. He hit it with ease with an audible ‘thwack’ as it flew through the air and beyond the boundary. As the fielders scrambled to retrieve it he sprinted between the wickets gaining as many runs as he could before the ball got back.

Mission accomplished.

No matter how great of a bowler you were, there were always going to be those times when you were hit for a massive six, four or close to the boundary. It was especially so when there was a Caolan at the crease. Adi watched in admiration as the ball sailed away. Look at the guy go, running between the wickets!


SPOILER!!: Abra! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Now it was their turn to do the bowling and fielding and, though Abra was slowly starting to get the hang of this game, he knew he didn't have any sort of skill when it came to actually throwing the ball in the whole cricket style. Just couldn't get the hang of that whole special overarm throw, or the yorkie thing or whatever it was called. No, he'd stick to this fielding thing for as long as possible.

Abra was expecting, as he took up his position out on one of the plates, that it wouldn't take too long for the ball to come his way again. Well, that simply wasn't true. Time after time, the ball was either not hit, or smacked in some completely different direction. The waiting got boring, and after a few minutes, Abra started to zone out slightly.

And so it was that, when the ball finally did come vaguely in his direction, he didn't realise it at first. Not until his eyes unglazed and he looked up to see the ball going off to his left. There was no way he'd be able to beat it to its landing point, so Abra had to settle with running after it, scooping up the ball as it rolled towards the boundary and throwing it back towards those nearer the wicket.


For a moment, Kay worried that the ball was going to hit Abra but it was to her relief that it actually went to the left of him. She also wondered why it took him a while to chase after it. "Possibly he was preoccupied with some thought,’’ was her reply to herself. But Abra did succeed in chasing down the ball which was a great effort.

SPOILER!!: Jackson! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Jackson was trying to follow along, but for some reason he wasn't quite getting it. Jackson did as he was told and stood by a green plate, hoping they ran out of time before he had to go. Maybe next time, eh? At least he wasn't the only one who should stick to Quidditch! He could swear this game was made up by kids one day. Bowling in a field?? Sure... Jackson watched as each player went to bat bowl and MERLIN! There went Caolan! Jackson watched, eyebrows raised, as the ball flew and Caolan had run off. Jackson was way too far to catch it, but he watched as Abra tried his darndest to get over there. Good hustle, Abra, good hustle.

Kay could tell that Jackson was trying and that was all that mattered. Kaysha could tell that he was impressed by a few students, which was understandable as she was too.

SPOILER!!: Tina! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Tina kept her place in the field throughout her team's turn to bowl, keeping her eyes peeled for any balls that headed her way. A couple of times, the ball came close, but each time, she didn't react fast enough. Either the ball sailed past her before she could catch it or someone else got to it before she did. Ugh! Cricket was so frustrating (and confusing)! But Tina supposed it could be worse. At least she wasn't stuck wicket keeping or bowling! As annoyed as she was with her failure at fielding, she kept at it. While her eyes scanned the pitch for any balls flying through the air, she noticed Professor Stewart beaming at her. She nodded, giving a small smile in return, but that split second of distraction cost her.

Tina's smile vanished as a ball went right past her. Come on, Tina! Get your head in the game, she silently berated herself for not paying attention. Okay, no more goof ups! She was going to catch the next ball that came at her, no ifs, ands, or buts. She stood, poised to strike, but before she got the chance, the teams were switching out. Finally! Now she could stop humiliating herself in the field and focus on the one aspect of this crazy sport she was semi-confident about (batting).

When Tina's turn came, she stepped up with a determined fire in her eyes, as if daring the bowler to even try anything funny. Nope, she was not getting out that easily! She gripped the bat tight as she crouched down, trying to emulate the stance Professor Noble had demonstrated earlier. Her eyes locked on the ball as it came closer and closer. All the frustration she felt at her previous failures built, flowing through her body to the tips of her fingers wrapped around the bat, and it gave her more power behind her swing. The bat and ball made contact with a resounding WHACK! It was going, going... yeah, it was gone. But Tina didn't have time to pat herself on the back just yet. She dropped the bat and ran as if she had a hungry dragon chasing her, hoping she'd make it before anyone caught her ball. If her team lost, it wasn't going to be because of her!


Tina was another student who was making very much of an effort. It was rather well noticed. Which was more noticeable? The running. Kay stared. She had not known the Ravenclaw had all of that speed in her. Did Tina ever think of trying out for Track sports? Sprinting might be an excellent fit!

Unfortunately, it was time to end today’s lesson. Not a moment too soon as six overs were completed on each side. “That’s it, everyone! That’s all the time we have today. I would have mentioned earlier that Adi’s team made 39 runs in their 6 overs. My team made 37 with 5 batsmen or women being out. This means that Adi’s team has won. A round of applause for them." Kay clapped loudly for her guest and his team. “I must say that my team did spectacularly as well, coming only two runs short. Excellent effort!’’ There was clapping for them as well.


Woot! His team had done it! “Professor Stewart’s right, Each of you did an awesome job, win or loose.’’

“You may go ahead and remove any gear you have on. When you’re done, you’re free to leave.”

“See you, guys! It was fun being back here and having a class with you.’’ His eyes sought out Coalan and Chloe. The girl wanted to ask him something about his Reserve and Coalan had some information to leave him.


OOC: Annnnd that’s a wrap, guys! It was awesome RPing with y’all during the lesson. Thank you for your participation <3 Points will be entered during the course of the upcoming weekend. I’ll leave the thread open for about 7 hours if you want to post your charries leaving.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #85 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 822

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Kaira grinned at Adi's approval. She felt really happy. 'Yes..we must!!,' she said, enthusiastically. Wow, this guy was uber-cool!!

Aww..so soon? Kaira was so invested that she didn't know that time had passed so fast. Slightly disappointed that they couldn't have an hour more of cricket, she packed her things into her backpack and got set to leave. She then removed her gear and placed it on the table.

'Thank you Professor. I enjoyed today's session a lot! And thank you Adi..,' she said chirpily, as she walked out of the classroom
__________________
Sangeetha is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:54 AM   #86 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Kaira! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira grinned at Adi's approval. She felt really happy. 'Yes..we must!!,' she said, enthusiastically. Wow, this guy was uber-cool!!

Aww..so soon? Kaira was so invested that she didn't know that time had passed so fast. Slightly disappointed that they couldn't have an hour more of cricket, she packed her things into her backpack and got set to leave. She then removed her gear and placed it on the table.

'Thank you Professor. I enjoyed today's session a lot! And thank you Adi..,' she said chirpily, as she walked out of the classroom


[spoiler=9966CC]“You’re welcome, Ms. Parker. I’ll be seeing you around later.’’ Since it was now Kay’s habit to visit the Ravenclaw common room often. As the other kiddos began to leave, she began to gather the gear together. Magically was the way it was done because class was officially done and she wanted to get things done so that she would be able to prepare for her next lesson.[/color][/color]

“See you, Kaira!’’ Adi waved to the firstie, hoping he’d run into her and her sister again. Such nice girls they were. He now had his wand in hand, doing non verbal magic in the form of the Summoning Charm. What was he Summoning? Those balls that had been hit in every direction of the pitch.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180