sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9813
Classes: 15
Professors: 14

00
00
View Points

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:03 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Laundry Room


Ever wonder where your dirty underpants wind up? Just down the corridor, not terribly far from the kitchen, the door to the laundry room can be found. What you will find in this room will, likely, not be a surprise. Within are no Muggle washing machines or dryers. Instead, front and centre, are large tubs with accompanying wash boards and sticks. A bizarre system of clothes lines fill the back of the room, beside which tables and large hampers await.

If you happen to wind up here on your House's laundry day, you will see your clothes -- hopefully labelled -- and the clothes of your fellow housemates being washed and dried by a team of house-elves. It is not uncommon to hear them bickering with each other or joining together in a motivational song to help make the job get completed quicker. First the clothes are scrubbed squeaky clean with soap and steaming hot water. They are next hung to dry and then neatly stacked on one of the large tables to be folded and placed back in the hamper to be returned to their owners.

Students are always welcome to be proactive and do their own laundry or at least lend the house-elves a hand. There sure is a lot of laundry to do!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
House Elf
Dugbog
 
Nimma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 101
Default

Nimma had piiiiiiiiiiiles of clothes to get through. Today she was scrubbing the Hufflepuffs' clothesies! Although laundry wasn't exactly Nimma's favorite task, she quite enjoyed the smell of it. Scrrrrrub scrub scrub.
Nimma is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)



DMGS & DoM
Hinkypunk
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,438

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eleanor Smethwyck
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Jacob Radford
Games & Sports
Default Open
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Professor Wishart muttered quite loudly to himself as he entered the laundry room on this particular wednesday afternoon. He was not amused. His favourite green and brown work robes which he wore practically everyday in class we're missing, as in nowhere to be found in the whole greenhouses. He had looked everywhere and he knew for a fact that he hadn't sent them to be cleaned with the rest of his clothes. So where could they be?

Pulling an irritated hand through his black hair Joshua sighed out exasperatedly as he eyed the clothing lines at the back of the room. "How am I supposed to know where to start looking for my missing robes when all the clothes are hanging helter skelter in here?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,861

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Professor Wishart muttered quite loudly to himself as he entered the laundry room on this particular wednesday afternoon. He was not amused. His favourite green and brown work robes which he wore practically everyday in class we're missing, as in nowhere to be found in the whole greenhouses. He had looked everywhere and he knew for a fact that he hadn't sent them to be cleaned with the rest of his clothes. So where could they be?

Pulling an irritated hand through his black hair Joshua sighed out exasperatedly as he eyed the clothing lines at the back of the room. "How am I supposed to know where to start looking for my missing robes when all the clothes are hanging helter skelter in here?"
How did she spill so much on her robes? Chloe couldn't believe she had so many problems in potions with things spilling on her. Now she needed to get them cleaned and she really didn't want to ask the elves, they were always so busy.

She moved into the laundry room just to hear someone say something about missing robes. Oh, she knew that voice, "Hey professor, you have robes missing?" Her herbology professor had been one of her favorites and she hated the thought of his robes missing, but maybe she could help.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)



DMGS & DoM
Hinkypunk
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,438

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eleanor Smethwyck
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Jacob Radford
Games & Sports
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
How did she spill so much on her robes? Chloe couldn't believe she had so many problems in potions with things spilling on her. Now she needed to get them cleaned and she really didn't want to ask the elves, they were always so busy.

She moved into the laundry room just to hear someone say something about missing robes. Oh, she knew that voice, "Hey professor, you have robes missing?" Her herbology professor had been one of her favorites and she hated the thought of his robes missing, but maybe she could help.
Professor Wishart sighed out as he headed over to start looking through the clothes hanging on the lines. He couldn’t understand how his favourite robes could go missing when he normally wasn’t someone that misplaced belongings. It was a conundrum. Joshua didn’t want to blame the elves when he didn’t know if they had anything to do with his robes at all.

Racking through the clothes on the nearest line Joshua paused here and there as he came across peculiar looking items of clothing like screamingly orange socks and a very purple pidgeon cap. Professor Wishart had just come over to what he hoped was the robes section of the clothing racks when his thoughts and rummaging were interrupted by a girl’s arrival. Turning to look at Chloe he nodded with a little irritated tone "Hi Chloe, yes you heard right my work robes are missing. You haven't happened to have come across some green and brown adult sized work robes lying somewhere they shouldn’t by any chance?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 02:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,861

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Professor Wishart sighed out as he headed over to start looking through the clothes hanging on the lines. He couldn’t understand how his favourite robes could go missing when he normally wasn’t someone that misplaced belongings. It was a conundrum. Joshua didn’t want to blame the elves when he didn’t know if they had anything to do with his robes at all.

Racking through the clothes on the nearest line Joshua paused here and there as he came across peculiar looking items of clothing like screamingly orange socks and a very purple pidgeon cap. Professor Wishart had just come over to what he hoped was the robes section of the clothing racks when his thoughts and rummaging were interrupted by a girl’s arrival. Turning to look at Chloe he nodded with a little irritated tone "Hi Chloe, yes you heard right my work robes are missing. You haven't happened to have come across some green and brown adult sized work robes lying somewhere they shouldn’t by any chance?"
She shook her head in quick short movements to his question. She would have thought she would notice if a pair of adult robes would have shown up in the Ravenclaw dorms, especially Slytherin colored ones. "Do you think they might have been mixed in with the Slytherin's laundry?" Which brought a new question to the third year mind, why was one of her favorite professors wearing Slytherin robes, shouldn't they be more biased colored robes for the adults. She was eyeing him a little but then moved to start helping him look.

"I was coming down to clean my school robes that I messed up in potions, but I can help you. Did you wash them or did you have the elves do it?" She figured it was more likely the elves since he didn't know where they were, but she had left things set and forgot where she put them so anything was possible.

"Maybe we should start by looking in the dirty piles, they could be just in there and haven't been cleaned yet? What do you think?" Not that she wanted to go through everyone's dirty smelly clothes, especially since it seemed like undies were in that pile.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)



DMGS & DoM
Hinkypunk
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,438

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eleanor Smethwyck
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Jacob Radford
Games & Sports
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She shook her head in quick short movements to his question. She would have thought she would notice if a pair of adult robes would have shown up in the Ravenclaw dorms, especially Slytherin colored ones. "Do you think they might have been mixed in with the Slytherin's laundry?" Which brought a new question to the third year mind, why was one of her favorite professors wearing Slytherin robes, shouldn't they be more biased colored robes for the adults. She was eyeing him a little but then moved to start helping him look.

"I was coming down to clean my school robes that I messed up in potions, but I can help you. Did you wash them or did you have the elves do it?" She figured it was more likely the elves since he didn't know where they were, but she had left things set and forgot where she put them so anything was possible.

"Maybe we should start by looking in the dirty piles, they could be just in there and haven't been cleaned yet? What do you think?" Not that she wanted to go through everyone's dirty smelly clothes, especially since it seemed like undies were in that pile.
'Mixed in with Slytherin’s laundry?' Joshua paused for a moment to think it over before replying with a sideways look at Chloe while he kept rummaging through the clothes. "I suppose it’s possible, but adult robes should be spotted though shouldn’t they since they are a lot bigger than all the student sized robes. It is just odd, but why do you think they’d have ended up with the slytherin laundry anyway?" He wore green and brown robes because the earthly tones we’re calming on the plant’s, especially the sickly ones.

Taking a good look at Chloe’s robes for real this time since Professor Wishart to be honest hadn’t exactly cared to look with his mind on his own robes he know saw the potion stenches and furrowed his brows slightly. "Has those stenches saturated down to your skin Chloe? Some potions can cause skin irritations or worse." But Noble rarely brewed anything too dangerous. "I let the elves wash my clothes." Joshua didn’t have time to do that with his extra grounds duties.

Gaze turning to the dirty piles of clothes that gave off a foul stench he sighed a little as he responded. "The dirty piles might be a good place to start looking but ugh I had forgotten how smelly teen clothes can get. The sweaty smell is quite dominant." To put it mildly.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,861

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
'Mixed in with Slytherin’s laundry?' Joshua paused for a moment to think it over before replying with a sideways look at Chloe while he kept rummaging through the clothes. "I suppose it’s possible, but adult robes should be spotted though shouldn’t they since they are a lot bigger than all the student sized robes. It is just odd, but why do you think they’d have ended up with the slytherin laundry anyway?" He wore green and brown robes because the earthly tones we’re calming on the plant’s, especially the sickly ones.

Taking a good look at Chloe’s robes for real this time since Professor Wishart to be honest hadn’t exactly cared to look with his mind on his own robes he know saw the potion stenches and furrowed his brows slightly. "Has those stenches saturated down to your skin Chloe? Some potions can cause skin irritations or worse." But Noble rarely brewed anything too dangerous. "I let the elves wash my clothes." Joshua didn’t have time to do that with his extra grounds duties.

Gaze turning to the dirty piles of clothes that gave off a foul stench he sighed a little as he responded. "The dirty piles might be a good place to start looking but ugh I had forgotten how smelly teen clothes can get. The sweaty smell is quite dominant." To put it mildly.
She thought it would be obvious why, but she just shrugged when he didn't seem to think it was. "Have you seen some of the seventh years around here? They are adult sized even some of the fifth and sixth years. So the elves being so little could easily think adult size robes were owned by them. Plus you said they were green, so that is my first thought. Green goes to Slytherin. I guess others could wear them too, but just thinking of categorizing and how an elf might think. " She glanced around to see if she could find which house what robes were, maybe that would be the place to start.

Looking back down at her own robes she shrugged it off and set it gently on a basket. Checking her uniform and then pulling up the sleeves to check her arms she shook her head. "Nope, it hadn't there and just making sure it hadn't gone through yet, but it hasn't. Just on my robes and it didn't seem like a big deal when it happened, so I think if it had gotten on my skin I'd be okay." She wasn't awful at potions so she didn't think she'd mixed anything wrong that could cause danger.

"Are you saying that only teens smell professor? Adults could smell too and my little brother was really stinky when he was a baby and would mess his diaper." She had to leave the room a few times when that happened.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160