sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9813
Classes: 15
Professors: 14

00
00
View Points


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2019, 01:01 AM
emjay emjay is offline
 
Default Apparition Practical Lesson and Testing

On a sunny Friday in the middle of May, Kendra Jordan-Durand, head of the Department of Magical Transportation in the Ministry, arrived at Hogwarts to hold the final apparition lesson of the year. Today would be the culmination of lessons throughout the term for the soon-to-be graduating seventh years and give them the opportunity to show what they've learned as well as achieve their apparition license. As long as they passed both the theoretical and practical exams. In fact, Kendra was here to oversee both.

Making her way towards the large, open clearing on the grounds, she checked her watch. Ten minutes before four. The prospective apparators should be here soon, as long as they were prompt. She liked prompt. She expected prompt. Meanwhile, she'd check to make sure the practice course was set up properly while she waited.


SPOILER!!: Apparition course


OOC note: This activity is for students who are currently age 17 or older and who would have been taking IC Apparition lessons. Though this is the first OOC lesson and activity being RPed, this would be the last one IC this term for these students, culminating in their exam for licensure. You MAY RP any Of Age students (including primary and secondary characters), as long as they are listed in your profile (not necessarily just your post bit). Any questions, please feel free to PM emjay. All SS rules apply!

We've started, but of course there's still time to jump in!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,878

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Derf hadn't exactly started out on the best of feet with this whole apparition business and, to no one's surprise probably, ended up in the hospital wing from a splinching incident. But he HAD improved, as Derfaels tended to do, and he almost dared to feel confident as he headed down to the grounds under the umbriferous branches from the trees lining the paths on the Hogwarts. He was nervous, of course, but it was a good kind of nervous energy. The sort that he had before a quidditch match which was why he had a smile on his face as he arrived at the clearing and spotted the department head.

He was prompt. Yes. Something he was typically good for.

"Good day, Mrs. Jordan-Durand," he greeted with a smile tucked within the patchwork chin he was sporting. All the fur and stuff was still...well...a thing...and he had made an attempt at shaving this morning and it had NOT turned out so well. It was sort like when one saw a muggle mowing a lawn, single strips all the way down to his lightly tanned skin and then another strip of fuzz.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 03-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)


DIMC & DERP
Porlock
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,320

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Slinkhard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Rani Kaur Malhotra
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

This was it! It really was!

Nicola was nothing but a ball of excitement as she half-skipped, half-ran through the grounds on her way to their last apparition lesson for the TERM. Wasn't that exciting? To her, it was without a doubt! Her excitement was one of the few factors that contributed to her early arrival at the clearing. Nervous? What was that? Pssh!

She was totally masking her nerves with all the excitement. She was actually a bit terrified. Nico remember her conversation with Mercy about their future adventures, and learning how to apparate was one step closer to achieving that goal. She just needed to ace this, and no amount of splinching from the first few lessons was going to stop her.

"Hello, Mrs. Jordan-Durand!" The Hugglypuff beamed at the ministry department head. Oh! And it looks like she wasn't the only early Hugglypuff here today! "Hi, Head Boy!" Because she knew Derf due to his badge. He seemed very nice! Nico definitely beamed at him too.
__________________
♫♫ Found my heart and broke it here___________________________________
Made friends and lost them through the years___________________


______________________________But these people raised me
_______________________________________and I can't wait to go home ♫♫
Kimothy is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
Mungo's Mod



DMLE & DOM
Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SilverTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,437

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stasya Dalgaard-Volkova
Seventh Year
x5 x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryony Keighley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Morgenstern
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts
Default
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Anticipation was mounting as Stasya made her way over to the designated spot on the grounds for the last Apparition lesson of the year. Being able to Apparate would mean she didn’t have to depend on her mama, Aunt Anissa or anyone else to get anywhere, if she didn’t use Muggle transportation. She figured that would still be safer if she was going to visit Liv or Aunt Nastya in America. Less risk of splinching or ending up somewhere else entirely, even if she was confident she knew where both of them lived these days. Either way, it was going to be nice not to have to depend on family members whenever she wanted to visit a friend, and obviously she wasn’t about to go about trying to learn Apparition on her own like she had with Team Animagus. However successful that had been in the long run, although it had taken what seemed like half the school library to manage.

Either way, she was excited. A visit to the winged horses had helped her center herself, but she still felt the buzzing under her skin that was excitement and nerves. It was familiar, though, so she’d managed a bright smile for the Ministry department head as she’d come out into the clearing. “Good day, Mrs. Jordan-Durand,” she greeted her, even as she came up alongside Derf and lightly bumped his arm in greeting. Also, she sent a smile in Nicola’s direction as well. The fact she was the first non-Hufflepuff to arrive didn’t bother her one bit.
__________________
It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger, but then, I'll admit ...

I'm just the same as I was. Now don't you understand I'm never changing who I am
SilverTiger is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,859

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Having a May birthday put him in a spot that he could either waste his summer and go to the ministry to do apparation lessons or just wait for the pointless thing at school when he was stuck not being able to do business that he wanted, so he had signed up and had been taking all the lessons so far for it. Now it was the last one and he couldn't be more thrilled, even if you couldn't tell, to be away from these people and back to his focused work.

Quietly as always he headed to the group and stood away from the rest waiting to get started. The sooner he could get through this the better. He glanced at his watch and shifted on his feet.

Blaze was ready to get moving on this.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 9,823

Hogwarts RPG Name:
nina castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

The only lessons that mattered this year: Apparition.

Everything else could suck on her thumb. Zoryn didn't need potions or divinations when it came to Professional Quidditch. But Apparition? Important for all aspects of life. And thus, Zoryn actually made an effort to be prompt for once in her life. She gave their instructor a nod as she walked in, ignored Derf and made her way to a lonely spot where she'd have plenty of space to save for Faith Chosen.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's



DMT & DMGS
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,274

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Fifth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Atticus T. Zeller
Atticus's Attic
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

SPOILER!!: replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Good day, Mrs. Jordan-Durand," he greeted with a smile tucked within the patchwork chin he was sporting. All the fur and stuff was still...well...a thing...and he had made an attempt at shaving this morning and it had NOT turned out so well. It was sort like when one saw a muggle mowing a lawn, single strips all the way down to his lightly tanned skin and then another strip of fuzz.
Oh good, the students were beginning to arrive and right on time. "Good day," she returned in kind with a smile to the Head Boy as he was the first to join her at the apparition course. Kendra quickly looked through the stack of official name tags she was holding until she found Derfael's and handed it to him, her eyes briefly landing on what appeared to be an unsuccessful shaving attempt. Was this a terrible new teen trend or was he really in need of some hygiene assistance? Teenagers were so awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
"Hello, Mrs. Jordan-Durand!" The Hugglypuff beamed at the ministry department head. Oh! And it looks like she wasn't the only early Hugglypuff here today! "Hi, Head Boy!" Because she knew Derf due to his badge. He seemed very nice! Nico definitely beamed at him too.
Kendra gave a nod and polite smile to the next student to arrive. "Hello, I'm glad to see your enthusiasm." Because apparition was an exciting thing, especially to get your own license. She hoped this girl was up to par. Kendra looked through the name tags, glad they came with a small photo of each next to the name because she certainly couldn't remember all of them, only being here periodically. Ah, Nicola Jarvis, there she was, and Kendra handed the name tag to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Either way, she was excited. A visit to the winged horses had helped her center herself, but she still felt the buzzing under her skin that was excitement and nerves. It was familiar, though, so she’d managed a bright smile for the Ministry department head as she’d come out into the clearing. “Good day, Mrs. Jordan-Durand,” she greeted her, even as she came up alongside Derf and lightly bumped his arm in greeting. Also, she sent a smile in Nicola’s direction as well. The fact she was the first non-Hufflepuff to arrive didn’t bother her one bit.
"Good day," Kendra greeted the next young woman with her own smile. As for her name tag.... ah, yes, there it was. She matched the picture with the face and came up with Anastasiya Dalgaard-Volkova and handed it over to the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post

Quietly as always he headed to the group and stood away from the rest waiting to get started. The sooner he could get through this the better. He glanced at his watch and shifted on his feet.

Blaze was ready to get moving on this.
Kendra's eyes followed the next boy to arrive as he stood alone and slightly away from the assembled group. It didn't bother her so much that he didn't speak to her as she wasn't here to make small talk conversation with teenagers. She had a job to do, of course, even if she wondered who taught this boy manners - apparently no one. But she soon found the name tag with his photo attached - Edward Blaze, Jr. - and handed it over to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
The only lessons that mattered this year: Apparition.

Everything else could suck on her thumb. Zoryn didn't need potions or divinations when it came to Professional Quidditch. But Apparition? Important for all aspects of life. And thus, Zoryn actually made an effort to be prompt for once in her life. She gave their instructor a nod as she walked in, ignored Derf and made her way to a lonely spot where she'd have plenty of space to save for Faith Chosen.
Kendra gave the next young woman a nod in return as she sorted through the name tags. Soon finding the matching photo attached, she handed the name tag to one Zoryn Spinnet. It didn't escape her notice that this girl also set herself apart from the group, but she hardly had time to consider it. Hopefully that just meant that she was here to focus on the task at hand.

Once the rest of the apparition hopefuls arrived and the last of the name tags were handed out, Kendra clapped her hands together twice to get their attention. It was time to begin!

"Good day, everyone, and congratulations on making it this far in your journey towards apparition licensure!" She was excited for them, could they tell? "Today marks the final test in achieving that license. You will need to apparate through this course successfully and without even the most minor splinching." That was important to know that they could do it safely, and she gestured towards the course set up in front of them, but she'd discuss that in greater detail shortly.

"Once you've shown mastery in the practical application of apparition, we'll return inside where you'll complete a written exam. And, if all goes well, you'll receive your license by owl in just a few short weeks." Just in time to do all the summer apparition they want. "Of course, this will be for a basic license. If you wish to obtain an advanced license for intercontinental apparition, additional classes and testing can be done at the Ministry." But that was much more advanced, and one step at a time.

"Please make sure you have your name tag on and step behind the starting line so we can begin." The name tag was no exception if they wanted their license. She needed to keep close track on who was successful and who was not. "And while you're making your way over, let's do a little review. Who can tell me anything they know about the three Ds of Apparition?"
__________________
emjay is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)


DIMC & DERP
Porlock
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,320

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Slinkhard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Rani Kaur Malhotra
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

"I'm glad to be here, ma'am!" Nico beamed and thanked Mrs. Jordan-Durand for the name tag when she received it, pinning it on her shirt carefully to avoid poking herself like the last time. The idea of a written exam made her a tad bit nervous, but considering how she'd been focusing more on this apparition lesson than on her actual academic exams, she put herself at ease. She could do it!

However, the intercontinental apparition license sounded very intriguing. She liked that. Baby steps, though. One at a time. She'll get there eventually. Oh, and hi Stasya! The hugglypuff beamed at her too.

Three D's! Oh oh oh, that was easy peasy. Nico wiggled her fingers up in the air to answer the question while also skipping her way behind the starting line. "Destination, determination and...uh....deliberation!" Yes, that was it! And in order, too! Because order was important, from what she learned from their previous lessons.
__________________
♫♫ Found my heart and broke it here___________________________________
Made friends and lost them through the years___________________


______________________________But these people raised me
_______________________________________and I can't wait to go home ♫♫
Kimothy is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,878

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

...........without even the most minor splinching.

Well then. Derf was not fairly certain that he would not be receiving his licence today. No matter, he could get everywhere he needed by portkey anyway. And besides, the sort of travel he had in mind he needed additional training for anyway - which he did no have the time for. So...when he thought about that that way, he really had nothing to lose. Huh, funny how that slight change in perspective made him feel just a tad lighter about the whole thing.

...hopefully everything that the Transportation department head had been saying hadn't been, er, vital since he had missed the majority of it while being wrapped up in his own thoughts.

...and since the actual three D's had already been identified, Derf ruffled his hair in search for another something to share. "Um..even with the three D's in mind...apparition still has it's limitations. Like...there is a range limit...and also you can't just pop in somewhere you have no previous knowledge about...which I reckon is most closely associated with the, er, third D? Deliberation? So, one could maybe argue that it is the most important D of the three?"
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 03-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 9,823

Hogwarts RPG Name:
nina castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Zoryn wore her name badge rather proudly. Despite popular belief, she was actually fairly clever when she decided a task was worth the work. And apparition? Worth it. So instead of studying for her NEWTs during her Quidditch probation and consequent House arrest, the Gryffindor had spent all of her time preparing for these two very, VERY important exams. And with Faith's help, she wasn't the slightest nervous. Okay. Maybe she was. But ONLY THE SLIGHTEST BIT.

As for their examiner's question, Zoryn looked around the area. The 3 D's of Apparition happened to be the only D's she had been concerned with lately. You can thank Faith Chosen for that one.

Heh.

Anyway, Zoryn waited for someone else to answer the question. But for the record, she did make a mild face at Derf's answer. "I disagree," which wasn't a surprise because she typically did when it came to Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne. "It'd be dumb to place more importance on one of them 'cause at the end of the day, if you get even one wrong you could seriously hurt yourself." Here, she paused for dramatic effect. "Or die."

But if Derf wanted to test the theory out, then by all means. Zoryn wasn't going to stop him. If anything, they could probably spare one person and if it had to be anyone, she was pretty indifferent to the Hufflepuff at this point.
__________________

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 03-26-2019 at 04:57 PM.
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #11 (permalink)



DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Braavos
Posts: 11,458

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eloise Fairfield
Fourth Year

x2 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincent Ferrari
International Cooperation
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Erik pls | Wife

Eno Upstead was listening and moving his name tag around because it kept getting slanted while making sure he was away from Zoryn and by the starting line. Better get the test over with now and thw written part (yikes) and not worry about having to get it over the summer and all the anxiety related to that and going off to university.

Three D's...probably could make it four for Depression if you keep splinching yourself here or fail it.

Or just Die could be another D.

In the most extreme of extreme cases. Enough people answered for him to just not care enough to give his own answer
__________________
Happy Erik Appreciation Day!!!!!!!!

we love you, erik
oh its Erik ok is online now  
Old 03-28-2019, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)




DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,105

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sterling Archer Calrissian
Seventh Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kara Valentina St. Cloud
Daily Prophet
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Annnndddd.......Derf, Zoryn and that other Hufflepuff had pretty much covered it all. Which left Archer to pinning the nametag on her clothes, right in the place where a certain other badge SHOULD be (if Professor Noble hadn't decided to give it to that other nobody that who even knew where she'd come from. Not that she was still bitter about that or anything.) Once the nametag was in place and straight, she looked up and just listened. Because, duh, of course she was taking this as seriously as a muggle takes their driver's test.
__________________
I'm that one, I am that one like Keanu Reeves

They can't leave us hangin' no, no, not no more, best believe
lazykitty is offline  
Old 03-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,829

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Dante was listening. Dante was chilling.

He'd been more concerned with his look today than his skills in apparition, what was he wearing? Dante was glad you asked. First, peep the leather goggles loosely hanging 'round his neck. They were a statement, and a find Dante sure as hell hadn't expected to run into, but Verona was a mysterious city with a mysterious way and the Italian young man was certain the goggles had been a departing gift. The rest? Mostly Valentino. The white linen pants and shirt were from his father, but the belt (which was the same luxurious color of the leather goggles)had been custom made for Dante by his beautiful grandmama. They carried his initials - and Abra's but the Gryffindor hoped no one would be close enough to see that.

Not uninvited, anyway.

He had opted out of a scarf, deciding that was a little too...American, a little too.. Earhart, and he most certainly wasn't cosplaying.

anyway, he'd taken up a spot by Zoryn Spinnet. She looked good, very radiant thanks to Faith's natural healing, but to be quite honest, reader- Dante missed Zoryn's easily boiled over rage. scusa mamma, scusa hogwarts.
__________________

I believe.... in me.

nicole black is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's



DMT & DMGS
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,274

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Fifth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Atticus T. Zeller
Atticus's Attic
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

SPOILER!!: replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post

Three D's! Oh oh oh, that was easy peasy. Nico wiggled her fingers up in the air to answer the question while also skipping her way behind the starting line. "Destination, determination and...uh....deliberation!" Yes, that was it! And in order, too! Because order was important, from what she learned from their previous lessons.
Kendra nodded. "Yes, that's exactly right. Those are the Three D's of Apparition." But did she know what each one was? Perhaps one of her classmates could expand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
...and since the actual three D's had already been identified, Derf ruffled his hair in search for another something to share. "Um..even with the three D's in mind...apparition still has it's limitations. Like...there is a range limit...and also you can't just pop in somewhere you have no previous knowledge about...which I reckon is most closely associated with the, er, third D? Deliberation? So, one could maybe argue that it is the most important D of the three?"
"That is a very good point," Kendra nodded. Was the rest of the class listening? "And it is important to remember what those limitations are." Something that they were taught during these lessons. "But I'd dare not say one is more important than the other. They all work together equally in order to allow apparition to happen."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Anyway, Zoryn waited for someone else to answer the question. But for the record, she did make a mild face at Derf's answer. "I disagree," which wasn't a surprise because she typically did when it came to Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne. "It'd be dumb to place more importance on one of them 'cause at the end of the day, if you get even one wrong you could seriously hurt yourself." Here, she paused for dramatic effect. "Or die."
"Death as a result from apparition is rare, especially if you've obtained your license through the proper channels," Kendra begin as this morbid young girl chose an interesting response to her review questions. "But it is a possibility. It is important to know the risks. You can become seriously injured by splinching if you are not prepared or do not apparate properly." But they were all aware of this since the beginning of the course. They'd be fine.

SPOILER!!: quiet kiddos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh its Erik ok View Post
Eno Upstead was listening and moving his name tag around because it kept getting slanted while making sure he was away from Zoryn and by the starting line. Better get the test over with now and thw written part (yikes) and not worry about having to get it over the summer and all the anxiety related to that and going off to university.

Three D's...probably could make it four for Depression if you keep splinching yourself here or fail it.

Or just Die could be another D.

In the most extreme of extreme cases. Enough people answered for him to just not care enough to give his own answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Annnndddd.......Derf, Zoryn and that other Hufflepuff had pretty much covered it all. Which left Archer to pinning the nametag on her clothes, right in the place where a certain other badge SHOULD be (if Professor Noble hadn't decided to give it to that other nobody that who even knew where she'd come from. Not that she was still bitter about that or anything.) Once the nametag was in place and straight, she looked up and just listened. Because, duh, of course she was taking this as seriously as a muggle takes their driver's test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Dante was listening. Dante was chilling.

He'd been more concerned with his look today than his skills in apparition, what was he wearing? Dante was glad you asked. First, peep the leather goggles loosely hanging 'round his neck. They were a statement, and a find Dante sure as hell hadn't expected to run into, but Verona was a mysterious city with a mysterious way and the Italian young man was certain the goggles had been a departing gift. The rest? Mostly Valentino. The white linen pants and shirt were from his father, but the belt (which was the same luxurious color of the leather goggles)had been custom made for Dante by his beautiful grandmama. They carried his initials - and Abra's but the Gryffindor hoped no one would be close enough to see that.

Not uninvited, anyway.

He had opted out of a scarf, deciding that was a little too...American, a little too.. Earhart, and he most certainly wasn't cosplaying.

anyway, he'd taken up a spot by Zoryn Spinnet. She looked good, very radiant thanks to Faith's natural healing, but to be quite honest, reader- Dante missed Zoryn's easily boiled over rage. scusa mamma, scusa hogwarts.
Kendra ignored the silent students assembled today. Of course, she had expected a little more from the apparition hopefuls in terms of a review, but hopefully their silence simply meant they were focused for their exam. They would need to be,
"Alright, then. Let's get to it," Kendra began before gesturing towards the exam apparition course. "In order to receive your license, you must first complete this course. Once I give the word, you will all apparate to the first line of hoops. Then, you may take the rest of the course in your time. Be warned however; the longer you take, the more likely one of the obstacles will deter your path." Under pressure a little? Yes... but it was important that they were able to apparate under many conditions and do it properly. Apparition was no joke and needed to be taken seriously.

"Once you apparate into the second hoop, you will have sixty seconds to apparate into the next hoop before large, soft balls will be thrown at you." Not by her or anyone else, they were just magically charmed that way. "And then the next hoop, you will have thirty seconds before the individual magic clouds above them begin to rain on you. After that, please apparate to one of the final floating disks in the pool. Try to do it without falling in." Would they fail if they did? Not necessarily, but she would be noting their progress.

"Please stay in your line so you are not attempting to apparate in the same place as someone else." They really didn't need any accidents today. "Everyone ready? Apparate into your first hoop at your will."




OOC - You can complete this course with whatever degree of success you decide for your character in as many RP posts as you'd like. I'm not going to RP the obstacles happening; you can determine their outcome as you go. Here is the order for reference:
  1. Starting hoop
  2. 2nd hoop - dodge balls will hit you after 60 seconds, if you do not apparate before then
  3. 3rd hoop - a rain cloud is activated after 30 seconds, if you do not apparate before then
  4. End - floating disk in a pool at the end of the course
Have fun! And let me know if you have any questions.
__________________
emjay is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 9,823

Hogwarts RPG Name:
nina castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Look, either way Zoryn wasn't planning on fudging this up. She wanted to leave this duMB exam with a license in hand. How else was she supposed to vacation in cancun with Faith Chosen? Their bikini escapades DEPENDED on it.

Hi Dante. Welcome to our corner. She gave him a look up and down, "I like the fit," she gave him her approval before swiftly making her way past him and over to the start of the obstacle course. Because she wasn't here for flashy outfits or to make eye contact with Derfael. She was here for bikini weather and bikini weather only.

With all of this in mind, the Gryffindor stepped forward to the start line and closed her eyes, took a DEEP breathe, and POP!

First hoop. She braced herself, holding back from looking around. Keeping herself from celebrating the first victory. P O P

Second hoop.

Not splinched.

Safe.

Sixty seconds. Easy. Again, she took a few seconds to concentrate. Center her mind. Thinking of the bikinis.

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160