sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 48: January - April 2018

Term 48: January - April 2018 Term Forty-Eight: Flight of the Hawk (Sept 2094 - June 2095)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:14 PM
FearlessLeader19 FearlessLeader19 is offline
 
Default The Entertainment Room

This is the sole part of the Castle where Muggle technology can work. Professor Stewart has done her best to incorporate as many fun things in this room as possible for the students and Professors alike to spend their free time. Like the waiting room to her office, these walls are plastered with posters. There are also a few up-to-date computers. Feel free to play games or practice your typing.

There are Ipods with earbuds in various colours. Each Ipod is loaded with a particular genre of music inclusive of rock, pop, Spanish, Italian, Bollywood- pretty much whatever type of music there is. They are labeled to specify the music they contain. In the middle of the room sat arcade game machines. If you don’t fancy playing on the machines, there are gaming consoles that can be hooked up to the televisions. There is a wide selection of DVDs if you fancy a movie or TV series.

HAVE FUN, KIDDOS! Remember not to take any of the items from this room! Professor Stewart WILL know One more thing: Absolutely NO foods or liquids are allowed in this room!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

Shera didn't know how exactly she had ended up in this room. She'd been exploring and entered this door and all of a sudden she didn't exactly know where she was or what this room was meant to be for.

What were all these... things?

There were posters everywhere on the walls, and blocks that had things attached to them with the alphabet and other symbols on them. Not even in the right alphabetical order mind you! Little colourful devices were strewn on a table with types of music labelled. Shera was confused. These definitely weren't wizarding devices... she hadn't ever seen anything like them before... so that must mean that they were muggle!

But what were they used for?
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
Shera didn't know how exactly she had ended up in this room. She'd been exploring and entered this door and all of a sudden she didn't exactly know where she was or what this room was meant to be for.

What were all these... things?

There were posters everywhere on the walls, and blocks that had things attached to them with the alphabet and other symbols on them. Not even in the right alphabetical order mind you! Little colourful devices were strewn on a table with types of music labelled. Shera was confused. These definitely weren't wizarding devices... she hadn't ever seen anything like them before... so that must mean that they were muggle!

But what were they used for?
In search of something to do after she finished reading her latest book, Emmalyn found herself in a room filled with all of her favorite things from home. "Oh my goodness! This is fantastic!" She giddily ran into the room and imediatley started searching the various DVDs. Just as she was about to scan the second shelf, Emmalyn noticed she wasn't alone.

She turned towards the other girl and realized it was the girl from the train. "Hi again, isn't this the best room ever?" Distracted once again, Emmalyn headed over to one of the computers and clicked it on. "Don't you miss this from home? I know we have all of this magic here, but I miss my computer and time vegging out in front of the T.V."

"I'm Emmalyn, by the way. I'm just horrible with names. What's your name again?" She knew she was terrible at remembering names. She had even tried all of the tricks like making a rhyme with their name, and saying there name at least three times after they tell you. Nothing seemed to help her remember.
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
In search of something to do after she finished reading her latest book, Emmalyn found herself in a room filled with all of her favorite things from home. "Oh my goodness! This is fantastic!" She giddily ran into the room and imediatley started searching the various DVDs. Just as she was about to scan the second shelf, Emmalyn noticed she wasn't alone.

She turned towards the other girl and realized it was the girl from the train. "Hi again, isn't this the best room ever?" Distracted once again, Emmalyn headed over to one of the computers and clicked it on. "Don't you miss this from home? I know we have all of this magic here, but I miss my computer and time vegging out in front of the T.V."

"I'm Emmalyn, by the way. I'm just horrible with names. What's your name again?" She knew she was terrible at remembering names. She had even tried all of the tricks like making a rhyme with their name, and saying there name at least three times after they tell you. Nothing seemed to help her remember.
Despite or maybe because of her confusion, Shera immediately found her attention drawn to the other girl that ran into the room. She looked familiar, and Shera immediately recognised that they had spent time together on the train but for the life of her she couldn't remember the girls name. She was relieved when Emmalyn admitted that she had forgotten Shera's name.

Smiling brightly at her she shrugged her shoulders. "That's fine, there's been so many people to meet in the last few days... I forgot yours too," she admitted. "But it's nice to meet you again Emmalyn, my name's Shera."

Did she miss any of this?

"Uh.... no?" she admitted, looking across at the other girl in confusion. "I've never seen any of these things... they're muggle things right? Can you tell me what they do... and how to use them?"
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:32 AM   #5 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
Despite or maybe because of her confusion, Shera immediately found her attention drawn to the other girl that ran into the room. She looked familiar, and Shera immediately recognised that they had spent time together on the train but for the life of her she couldn't remember the girls name. She was relieved when Emmalyn admitted that she had forgotten Shera's name.

Smiling brightly at her she shrugged her shoulders. "That's fine, there's been so many people to meet in the last few days... I forgot yours too," she admitted. "But it's nice to meet you again Emmalyn, my name's Shera."

Did she miss any of this?

"Uh.... no?" she admitted, looking across at the other girl in confusion. "I've never seen any of these things... they're muggle things right? Can you tell me what they do... and how to use them?"
When Shera started talking, Emmalyn's attention was pulled back to her. "Yes, Shera, that's right. I'll do my best to remember it this time." She really was going to try. They had met a lot of new people the last few days between the train and all of the new students in their houses and classes.

Emmalyn couldn't figure out why Shera had a confused look on her face. She then wondered why the girl was just standing there and not using any of the electronics. "Wait, what? You have never seen these things?" She shook her head in disbelief. How as it possible that someone could make it through eleven years- twelve years of life and never have used a computer or listened to an IPod?

"Muggle things? You mean those in the wizarding world don't use electronics?" Emmalyn wasn't sure what to make of it. She had come to realize, over the past few weeks, that there were some big differences from the world she grew up in and the world she was now part of, but she figured the basics would be the same.

Just as she was about to ask Shera where to start explaining, the computer she powered up was ready to go. "Well, this is a computer. You can use it to look up all kinds of information, play games, order clothes and food...although I bet they wouldn't deliver to Hogwarts, and more." Emmlayn got on the internet and entered the website for her fathers bakery. "See, you just type in what you are looking for and it finds it for you. This is my dad's website. He owns bakeries in Seattle and Anaheim in the U.S.A. and Galway in Ireland." She pointed to the computer screen and showed Shera the website.

Emmalyn glanced around the room "What else are you interested in? There are movies, T.V. shows, games..." She trailed off to give Shera a chance to speak. She had the tendency to ramble when she was nervous and when she was excited, and she was definitely excited.
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
When Shera started talking, Emmalyn's attention was pulled back to her. "Yes, Shera, that's right. I'll do my best to remember it this time." She really was going to try. They had met a lot of new people the last few days between the train and all of the new students in their houses and classes.

Emmalyn couldn't figure out why Shera had a confused look on her face. She then wondered why the girl was just standing there and not using any of the electronics. "Wait, what? You have never seen these things?" She shook her head in disbelief. How as it possible that someone could make it through eleven years- twelve years of life and never have used a computer or listened to an IPod?

"Muggle things? You mean those in the wizarding world don't use electronics?" Emmalyn wasn't sure what to make of it. She had come to realize, over the past few weeks, that there were some big differences from the world she grew up in and the world she was now part of, but she figured the basics would be the same.

Just as she was about to ask Shera where to start explaining, the computer she powered up was ready to go. "Well, this is a computer. You can use it to look up all kinds of information, play games, order clothes and food...although I bet they wouldn't deliver to Hogwarts, and more." Emmlayn got on the internet and entered the website for her fathers bakery. "See, you just type in what you are looking for and it finds it for you. This is my dad's website. He owns bakeries in Seattle and Anaheim in the U.S.A. and Galway in Ireland." She pointed to the computer screen and showed Shera the website.

Emmalyn glanced around the room "What else are you interested in? There are movies, T.V. shows, games..." She trailed off to give Shera a chance to speak. She had the tendency to ramble when she was nervous and when she was excited, and she was definitely excited.
"No, my parents don't keep any muggle things at home," she responded lightly, unsure of why the girl across from her seemed to be in such a state of disbelief. Hadn't Emmalyn notice that... well most places didn't have any of these things anywhere in them.

Did the wizarding world not have these things? Shera thought for a moment. "I guess it depends? From my understanding most muggle things don't work well with magic, which is why they aren't meant to work in Hogwarts. But I guess families that have had a muggle born or have married a muggle, or even some purebloods who are interested by muggles would have these kinds of things around... but it's not like we need them when we have magic." That was her understanding of why muggles had these devices, because they didn't have magic. She decided to continue and admit, "The only experience I have in the muggle world is playing volleyball."

Look up information? Play games? Order food and clothes? How could one thing do so many things? Maybe Shera hadn't fully grasped what muggle items could do. "Huh."

Her brain was still trying to get a grip on all this new information. There was so much for her to process. Including how the pages of the computer were changing. It seemed... magical. "How can it change the way it does?"... maybe that was a bad question, one that Emmalyn might not be able to answer. But she was still curious. If she didn't know she could always go to the muggle studies professor and ask them.

What else was she interested in? She looked around the room in confusion, unsure of what everything was and where to even start. Thankfully Emmalyn listed a few things that gave her a start. "What is a... movies?"

The last word was said hesitantly, unsure if she had said it properly, but she had tried to mimic Emmalyn to the best of her ability. "And tv shows? And what kind of games do muggles play?"
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
"No, my parents don't keep any muggle things at home," she responded lightly, unsure of why the girl across from her seemed to be in such a state of disbelief. Hadn't Emmalyn notice that... well most places didn't have any of these things anywhere in them.

Did the wizarding world not have these things? Shera thought for a moment. "I guess it depends? From my understanding most muggle things don't work well with magic, which is why they aren't meant to work in Hogwarts. But I guess families that have had a muggle born or have married a muggle, or even some purebloods who are interested by muggles would have these kinds of things around... but it's not like we need them when we have magic." That was her understanding of why muggles had these devices, because they didn't have magic. She decided to continue and admit, "The only experience I have in the muggle world is playing volleyball."

Look up information? Play games? Order food and clothes? How could one thing do so many things? Maybe Shera hadn't fully grasped what muggle items could do. "Huh."

Her brain was still trying to get a grip on all this new information. There was so much for her to process. Including how the pages of the computer were changing. It seemed... magical. "How can it change the way it does?"... maybe that was a bad question, one that Emmalyn might not be able to answer. But she was still curious. If she didn't know she could always go to the muggle studies professor and ask them.

What else was she interested in? She looked around the room in confusion, unsure of what everything was and where to even start. Thankfully Emmalyn listed a few things that gave her a start. "What is a... movies?"

The last word was said hesitantly, unsure if she had said it properly, but she had tried to mimic Emmalyn to the best of her ability. "And tv shows? And what kind of games do muggles play?"
Emmalyn was having a hard time wrapping her head around all that Shera was saying. She couldn't imagine a life without her computer. It had been absolute torture not having her computer since she left for Hogwarts. There were so many friends she wanted to email, so many books she wanted to read, and all of her favorite classic movies were saved so she could watch them whenever she wanted.

Then she started to realize it was kind of like all the magical things she had missed out on. She didn't miss being able to fly on her broom because she didn't know there were brooms you could fly on.

Her attention turned back to Shera when she asked how the computer was working. "Well, I don't know all of the ins and outs, but you type in a web address, kind of like where the page lives, and it pops up on your screen. Each one is different, but you have to know the address to get there."Emmalyn shrugged, her dad had always set up all of her computer stuff, so she wasn't exactly sure how it all happened.

"Movies! Movies are the greatest. They are kind of like plays, but recorded so you can watch them over and over again whenever you want." She desperately tried to think of something in the magical world that could even come close. "Oh, you know how the pictures in the portraits move? Well, movies are like that in a way, but you can't interact with them. You watch them on a T.V., like those over there, or on a computer screen." She paused to see if Shera was keeping up. "T.V. shows are like movies, but shorter and usually go on over a much longer time period." She smiled and pointed to the large stack of DVDs "Those discs, DVDs, have the shows burned into them so they can play in a DVD player."

She could feel herself getting excited again and the speed she was talking kept going faster and faster. "What else do you want to know?" Before Shera could answer, Emmalyn quickly asked "What do magical families do for fun?" She was curious what they did on rainy days and at night. Sure, there was always reading books, but what if you weren't in the mood to read a book? Flying on a broom would be uncomfortable in the rain and dangerous at night.
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Emmalyn was having a hard time wrapping her head around all that Shera was saying. She couldn't imagine a life without her computer. It had been absolute torture not having her computer since she left for Hogwarts. There were so many friends she wanted to email, so many books she wanted to read, and all of her favorite classic movies were saved so she could watch them whenever she wanted.

Then she started to realize it was kind of like all the magical things she had missed out on. She didn't miss being able to fly on her broom because she didn't know there were brooms you could fly on.

Her attention turned back to Shera when she asked how the computer was working. "Well, I don't know all of the ins and outs, but you type in a web address, kind of like where the page lives, and it pops up on your screen. Each one is different, but you have to know the address to get there."Emmalyn shrugged, her dad had always set up all of her computer stuff, so she wasn't exactly sure how it all happened.

"Movies! Movies are the greatest. They are kind of like plays, but recorded so you can watch them over and over again whenever you want." She desperately tried to think of something in the magical world that could even come close. "Oh, you know how the pictures in the portraits move? Well, movies are like that in a way, but you can't interact with them. You watch them on a T.V., like those over there, or on a computer screen." She paused to see if Shera was keeping up. "T.V. shows are like movies, but shorter and usually go on over a much longer time period." She smiled and pointed to the large stack of DVDs "Those discs, DVDs, have the shows burned into them so they can play in a DVD player."

She could feel herself getting excited again and the speed she was talking kept going faster and faster. "What else do you want to know?" Before Shera could answer, Emmalyn quickly asked "What do magical families do for fun?" She was curious what they did on rainy days and at night. Sure, there was always reading books, but what if you weren't in the mood to read a book? Flying on a broom would be uncomfortable in the rain and dangerous at night.
"So it is like... many books, and if you type it in then you can find the book you need?" the way she was understanding it was like her standing in the library and using accio to find the book that she needed. Accept a lot more condensed. It was actually pretty cool!

While Emmalyn tried to explain movies and TV shows, Shera let her eyes linger on the TV. "So this," she pointed at the computer screen, before pointing at the TV screen, "and this, are basically the same?"

Why was there a huge size difference then? These muggle contraptions didn't make sense. Movies longer, TV shows shorter but a longer period of time? Shera mused for a moment. "So a movie is like a novel? And a tv show is like a series of novellas? Except they are like plays?" she tried to confirm. Her confusion was still rampant though. "And all of the information is kept on these... circles?"

Because Shera had already forgotten the word that Emmalyn had used for them, while she was trying to wrap her head around the idea of TV shows and movies.

"Well there's Quidditch and Quodpot... Quodpot is more famous in America as far as I can tell. And there's also tournaments, including international ones that you can go to and watch. Many families go there and camp in enchanted tents," she explained, those were the special things that her family did together. "My family keeps a library of books, I'm pretty sure I'm not half way through it yet... then theres wizarding chess, exploding snap, gobstones, snitch snatcher..."

She wasn't sure what Emmalyn already knew or not, so she waited or her to request clarification on anything that was unfamiliar.

And she went on to her own question, picking up one of the coloured rectangles which had a 'pop' label on it. "What do these do? And what is 'pop'?"
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 AM   #9 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
"So it is like... many books, and if you type it in then you can find the book you need?" the way she was understanding it was like her standing in the library and using accio to find the book that she needed. Accept a lot more condensed. It was actually pretty cool!

While Emmalyn tried to explain movies and TV shows, Shera let her eyes linger on the TV. "So this," she pointed at the computer screen, before pointing at the TV screen, "and this, are basically the same?"

Why was there a huge size difference then? These muggle contraptions didn't make sense. Movies longer, TV shows shorter but a longer period of time? Shera mused for a moment. "So a movie is like a novel? And a tv show is like a series of novellas? Except they are like plays?" she tried to confirm. Her confusion was still rampant though. "And all of the information is kept on these... circles?"

Because Shera had already forgotten the word that Emmalyn had used for them, while she was trying to wrap her head around the idea of TV shows and movies.

"Well there's Quidditch and Quodpot... Quodpot is more famous in America as far as I can tell. And there's also tournaments, including international ones that you can go to and watch. Many families go there and camp in enchanted tents," she explained, those were the special things that her family did together. "My family keeps a library of books, I'm pretty sure I'm not half way through it yet... then theres wizarding chess, exploding snap, gobstones, snitch snatcher..."

She wasn't sure what Emmalyn already knew or not, so she waited or her to request clarification on anything that was unfamiliar.

And she went on to her own question, picking up one of the coloured rectangles which had a 'pop' label on it. "What do these do? And what is 'pop'?"
Emmalyn listened to Shera explain what she had understood about the computer, TV shows, and movies. She was amazed by how quickly Shera as catching on considering she had never seen the items before. It also made them sound a bit silly having their definitions boiled down to simpler terms. Sure, they looked all flashy to her, a muggle born, but in reality, magic was so much cooler. "Yes, the shows and movies are on those little circle discs called DVDs." she was nodding as she spoke.

Then Shera began telling her about the amazing things her family did. Emmalyn wished she had a notebook to write what she was saying down so she could research what they all were later that evening. She was familiar with Quidditch, in fact, she was even trying out for her house team, but Quodpot, magical tents, wizarding chess, and more. "My goodness! There is so much I have never heard of that you just said." Her mind was whirling from the overload of new words. "What makes the tent magical? How does one play wizarding chess? Is it like non magical chess?" This was she was particularity interested in since that was the game that she and her mother played together.


"Oh, those, they are Ipods. They can hold thousands of songs all in one tiny device."
Emmalyn got very quiet for a moment. "I know the sign says to not take any of the items from the room, but do you think it would be okay to take one of the ipods, just for the night? Seeing all of this has made me rather homesick and my mums favorite song is on this one." She held up one of the pink ipods to show Shera. "I would bring it right back in the morning. I think it would help me sleep and maybe not miss home so much." She looked at the Ipod and considered what she was thinking. She was never one to break the rules and it was clearly stated that the items needed to stay in the room.
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

MO
Puffskein
 
hermionegold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 2,454

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amanda "Night" Dixon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Magic "Megan" Gracewood
Default

It wasn't that Night had been trying to listen in on the conversation between Emmalyn and the Ravenclaw she didn't know, but when she discovered the entertainment room, she just wanted to find a Wii and a way to get some exercise that didn't take place in the air.

Honestly, though, Night was intrigued. So much culture sharing, and so many perspectives she'd never even considered. Wizards who kept technology, wizards who didn't even understand basic computer stuff like Google....and then there was the wizard games the other girl had mentioned. She couldn't help herself. "What's exploding snap?" she asked, forgetting momentarily that she hadn't been a part of the conversation.
hermionegold is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Emmalyn and Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Emmalyn listened to Shera explain what she had understood about the computer, TV shows, and movies. She was amazed by how quickly Shera as catching on considering she had never seen the items before. It also made them sound a bit silly having their definitions boiled down to simpler terms. Sure, they looked all flashy to her, a muggle born, but in reality, magic was so much cooler. "Yes, the shows and movies are on those little circle discs called DVDs." she was nodding as she spoke.

Then Shera began telling her about the amazing things her family did. Emmalyn wished she had a notebook to write what she was saying down so she could research what they all were later that evening. She was familiar with Quidditch, in fact, she was even trying out for her house team, but Quodpot, magical tents, wizarding chess, and more. "My goodness! There is so much I have never heard of that you just said." Her mind was whirling from the overload of new words. "What makes the tent magical? How does one play wizarding chess? Is it like non magical chess?" This was she was particularity interested in since that was the game that she and her mother played together.


"Oh, those, they are Ipods. They can hold thousands of songs all in one tiny device."
Emmalyn got very quiet for a moment. "I know the sign says to not take any of the items from the room, but do you think it would be okay to take one of the ipods, just for the night? Seeing all of this has made me rather homesick and my mums favorite song is on this one." She held up one of the pink ipods to show Shera. "I would bring it right back in the morning. I think it would help me sleep and maybe not miss home so much." She looked at the Ipod and considered what she was thinking. She was never one to break the rules and it was clearly stated that the items needed to stay in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
It wasn't that Night had been trying to listen in on the conversation between Emmalyn and the Ravenclaw she didn't know, but when she discovered the entertainment room, she just wanted to find a Wii and a way to get some exercise that didn't take place in the air.

Honestly, though, Night was intrigued. So much culture sharing, and so many perspectives she'd never even considered. Wizards who kept technology, wizards who didn't even understand basic computer stuff like Google....and then there was the wizard games the other girl had mentioned. She couldn't help herself. "What's exploding snap?" she asked, forgetting momentarily that she hadn't been a part of the conversation.


Shera's brain was racing.

So computer was a muggle version of a library, a movies and tv shows were plays that varied in length like novels and books and were stored on D V Ds? She could remember that, couldn't she? Although she was increasingly intrigued and also worried about her muggle studies class. More than she had ever thought she would be.

What made the tent magical? "Most of them have enchantments on them which make them bigger on the inside, and they can have multiple rooms and furniture in them. Like my family has one that looks like it's about 3 steps wide, but it actually has six bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area so the whole family can stay in it." By whole family she meant literally her whole family. Grandparents, parents, brother, cousins. Everyone.

It happened every time they went to watch a Quidditch or Quodpot tournament.

Now on to Wizards chess. "I think it's the same as muggle chess? Except, the pieces are enchanted to move by themselves when you tell them where to go... oh, and they destroy each other when they're taken."

iPod? How many weird words existed in the muggle world. And it held thousands of songs? Shera could barely believe it, but she did look at the other girl sympathetically. She understood missing home, but at the same time she still had everything available to her that she would have at home so it would be so much worse for Emmalyn. "I'm sure if you ask the Muggle Studies professor in advance they won't have a problem with it?"

And another girl was there?

How had Shera not noticed? But at least she heard the question she asked and quickly responded, "So it depends on which version you play? In all of them the cards can explode. If you play the normal version it's just like... muggle snap? Except they shuffle themselves and you have to tap the identical pair with a wand when you see them. The cards start shuffling faster over time... Ummm.... I'm not really good at playing Patience but I think you get like... twenty cards? And then you flip two over at a time and try to find pairs, but they can explode if you don't find pairs. And then there's the Bavarian Rules..."

She paused for dramatic effect, a giant grin on her face as she looked at the two other girls. Because this was the fun version, and definitely Shera's favourite. "Cards are dealt in a circle, and the pair is in the middle. If you don't tap the pair quickly enough they explode."

Then she remembered that she didn't even know the other girl. My name's Shera by the way, what's yours?"
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

MO
Puffskein
 
hermionegold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 2,454

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amanda "Night" Dixon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Magic "Megan" Gracewood
Default

Night loved the idea of this game. "I'm Night. I really just came here to check out the Wii and exercise bikes. I'm not really a fan of Quidditch, or flying really, but I can't stop myself with the food here. It was almost as good as a home cooked meal. But Night wouldn't think of anything her family made, because it made her too homesick.

"That's a really pretty name, Shera," Night said.
hermionegold is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

SPOILER!!: Shera and Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
It wasn't that Night had been trying to listen in on the conversation between Emmalyn and the Ravenclaw she didn't know, but when she discovered the entertainment room, she just wanted to find a Wii and a way to get some exercise that didn't take place in the air.

Honestly, though, Night was intrigued. So much culture sharing, and so many perspectives she'd never even considered. Wizards who kept technology, wizards who didn't even understand basic computer stuff like Google....and then there was the wizard games the other girl had mentioned. She couldn't help herself. "What's exploding snap?" she asked, forgetting momentarily that she hadn't been a part of the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
SPOILER!!: Emmalyn and Night




Shera's brain was racing.

So computer was a muggle version of a library, a movies and tv shows were plays that varied in length like novels and books and were stored on D V Ds? She could remember that, couldn't she? Although she was increasingly intrigued and also worried about her muggle studies class. More than she had ever thought she would be.

What made the tent magical? "Most of them have enchantments on them which make them bigger on the inside, and they can have multiple rooms and furniture in them. Like my family has one that looks like it's about 3 steps wide, but it actually has six bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area so the whole family can stay in it." By whole family she meant literally her whole family. Grandparents, parents, brother, cousins. Everyone.

It happened every time they went to watch a Quidditch or Quodpot tournament.

Now on to Wizards chess. "I think it's the same as muggle chess? Except, the pieces are enchanted to move by themselves when you tell them where to go... oh, and they destroy each other when they're taken."

iPod? How many weird words existed in the muggle world. And it held thousands of songs? Shera could barely believe it, but she did look at the other girl sympathetically. She understood missing home, but at the same time she still had everything available to her that she would have at home so it would be so much worse for Emmalyn. "I'm sure if you ask the Muggle Studies professor in advance they won't have a problem with it?"

And another girl was there?

How had Shera not noticed? But at least she heard the question she asked and quickly responded, "So it depends on which version you play? In all of them the cards can explode. If you play the normal version it's just like... muggle snap? Except they shuffle themselves and you have to tap the identical pair with a wand when you see them. The cards start shuffling faster over time... Ummm.... I'm not really good at playing Patience but I think you get like... twenty cards? And then you flip two over at a time and try to find pairs, but they can explode if you don't find pairs. And then there's the Bavarian Rules..."

She paused for dramatic effect, a giant grin on her face as she looked at the two other girls. Because this was the fun version, and definitely Shera's favourite. "Cards are dealt in a circle, and the pair is in the middle. If you don't tap the pair quickly enough they explode."

Then she remembered that she didn't even know the other girl. My name's Shera by the way, what's yours?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Night loved the idea of this game. "I'm Night. I really just came here to check out the Wii and exercise bikes. I'm not really a fan of Quidditch, or flying really, but I can't stop myself with the food here. It was almost as good as a home cooked meal. But Night wouldn't think of anything her family made, because it made her too homesick.

"That's a really pretty name, Shera," Night said.


There were so many things she didn't know. So many seemly simple, every day magical items that she never new existed. She wondered how she would ever catch up to the other students at Hogwarts.

Wizards chess, she would have to play the game and soon. Magical tents didn't sound as exciting. She would love to see one, but it still sounded like a tent, just big and more like an RV.

"I think I will ask the professor about borrowing one for the night. I don't want to get into trouble and I sure don't want to lose any house points." She gently placed the Ipod back on the table, making a mental note to stop by the professors office on her way back to the Hufflepuff dorm. Just as she sat the Ipod ont the table, Night walked in. "Hey Night! How are you?" She greeted then quickly turned back to Shera, "Yes, please do explain exploding Snap."

Emmalyn took in every word of Shera's game explanation. It all sounded so fascinating to her. Exploding cards, quick moves, self shuffling cards. Emmalyn was up for playing that game as well. "But, if the cards explode, how do you get new cards? Do they come back when the game is finished?"

She turned her attention back to Night. "Yes, the food here is wonderful. I've never had so much food at each meal." She rubbed her belly that still felt full from that mornings breakfast. "You don't like sports? I'm trying out for the house Quidditch team. I don't know how much of a chance I have, being a first year and all, but I would love to be a part of the team."
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Night loved the idea of this game. "I'm Night. I really just came here to check out the Wii and exercise bikes. I'm not really a fan of Quidditch, or flying really, but I can't stop myself with the food here. It was almost as good as a home cooked meal. But Night wouldn't think of anything her family made, because it made her too homesick.

"That's a really pretty name, Shera," Night said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
SPOILER!!: Shera and Night






There were so many things she didn't know. So many seemly simple, every day magical items that she never new existed. She wondered how she would ever catch up to the other students at Hogwarts.

Wizards chess, she would have to play the game and soon. Magical tents didn't sound as exciting. She would love to see one, but it still sounded like a tent, just big and more like an RV.

"I think I will ask the professor about borrowing one for the night. I don't want to get into trouble and I sure don't want to lose any house points." She gently placed the Ipod back on the table, making a mental note to stop by the professors office on her way back to the Hufflepuff dorm. Just as she sat the Ipod ont the table, Night walked in. "Hey Night! How are you?" She greeted then quickly turned back to Shera, "Yes, please do explain exploding Snap."

Emmalyn took in every word of Shera's game explanation. It all sounded so fascinating to her. Exploding cards, quick moves, self shuffling cards. Emmalyn was up for playing that game as well. "But, if the cards explode, how do you get new cards? Do they come back when the game is finished?"

She turned her attention back to Night. "Yes, the food here is wonderful. I've never had so much food at each meal." She rubbed her belly that still felt full from that mornings breakfast. "You don't like sports? I'm trying out for the house Quidditch team. I don't know how much of a chance I have, being a first year and all, but I would love to be a part of the team."


Shera tilted her head to the side at what Night had said. "Wii?" it had to be another one of the muggle contraptions in this room but to her, even the name sounded awful. How did muggles think to name things the way that they did?

"Flyings the best though! It's just a time that you can relax and unwind," she grinned at the thought. But then again... these were muggleborns... "I suppose it's different for you though, I got my first toy broom when I was about 3? I'm glad you're trying out for the Quidditch team though Emmalyn, I'm trying out as well... fingers crossed for both of us I guess?"

"Oh I'm the same. I think I've basically not stopped eating since I came to Hogwarts..." it was a good thing that she spent a lot of time running around and doing things. Otherwise this endless eating thing would not be going well for her health. Shera then beamed at night about the compliment of her name. "Thanks!"

"Most packs the cards that explode do reappear afterward. Sometimes if you get a really cheap pack then they just disappear... oh... and once my little brother put on card on the pack and when it exploded the entire pack was gone..." she still had no clue how the 3 year old had managed that. But he had.
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 02:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

MO
Puffskein
 
hermionegold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 2,454

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amanda "Night" Dixon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Magic "Megan" Gracewood
Default

Sure, Night loved airplanes, but being in the air just seemed so unnatural.

She decided to answer Emmalyn first. "Sports aren't really my thing. I prefer reading, I guess, and I don't know--" now she addressed Shera "I don't want to be in the open air where anything could happen and I'm not surrounded by anything. I love airplanes though," Would those be something else Shera didn't know about from the Muggle world?

"If I were to try out for the Quidditch team, though, I'd try for Chaser. Or....is there an audition for commentator? I'd love to do that."
hermionegold is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #16 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera and Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn




Shera tilted her head to the side at what Night had said. "Wii?" it had to be another one of the muggle contraptions in this room but to her, even the name sounded awful. How did muggles think to name things the way that they did?

"Flyings the best though! It's just a time that you can relax and unwind," she grinned at the thought. But then again... these were muggleborns... "I suppose it's different for you though, I got my first toy broom when I was about 3? I'm glad you're trying out for the Quidditch team though Emmalyn, I'm trying out as well... fingers crossed for both of us I guess?"

"Oh I'm the same. I think I've basically not stopped eating since I came to Hogwarts..." it was a good thing that she spent a lot of time running around and doing things. Otherwise this endless eating thing would not be going well for her health. Shera then beamed at night about the compliment of her name. "Thanks!"

"Most packs the cards that explode do reappear afterward. Sometimes if you get a really cheap pack then they just disappear... oh... and once my little brother put on card on the pack and when it exploded the entire pack was gone..." she still had no clue how the 3 year old had managed that. But he had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Sure, Night loved airplanes, but being in the air just seemed so unnatural.

She decided to answer Emmalyn first. "Sports aren't really my thing. I prefer reading, I guess, and I don't know--" now she addressed Shera "I don't want to be in the open air where anything could happen and I'm not surrounded by anything. I love airplanes though," Would those be something else Shera didn't know about from the Muggle world?

"If I were to try out for the Quidditch team, though, I'd try for Chaser. Or....is there an audition for commentator? I'd love to do that."
Emmalyn was glad to have her friends together and learning so much about each other. "The wii is a game system. You put more little round discs in it that look like the DVDs, but they have games on them instead of movies." she told Shera as she pointed to the area of the room with the games.

She smiled brightly when Shera said she was also trying out for her house team. "That's great! I hope you get a spot. What position are you hoping for? I think I'd like to be a keeper, but even making the reserve team would be fantastic being a first year."

Looking back to Night "I guess I like sports so much because I've grown up playing them. My parents always had me in sports since I started walking." she shook her head. "I do see how you would feel uncomfortable on a broom. It is a strange feeling, no seat belt or anything up there."

Emmalyn suddenly clapped her hand together and asked "So, what do you all feel like doing? Should we stay here and play a game, watch a movie, or maybe track down something else to do?"
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein
 
Pucki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Sure, Night loved airplanes, but being in the air just seemed so unnatural.

She decided to answer Emmalyn first. "Sports aren't really my thing. I prefer reading, I guess, and I don't know--" now she addressed Shera "I don't want to be in the open air where anything could happen and I'm not surrounded by anything. I love airplanes though," Would those be something else Shera didn't know about from the Muggle world?

"If I were to try out for the Quidditch team, though, I'd try for Chaser. Or....is there an audition for commentator? I'd love to do that."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Emmalyn was glad to have her friends together and learning so much about each other. "The wii is a game system. You put more little round discs in it that look like the DVDs, but they have games on them instead of movies." she told Shera as she pointed to the area of the room with the games.

She smiled brightly when Shera said she was also trying out for her house team. "That's great! I hope you get a spot. What position are you hoping for? I think I'd like to be a keeper, but even making the reserve team would be fantastic being a first year."

Looking back to Night "I guess I like sports so much because I've grown up playing them. My parents always had me in sports since I started walking." she shook her head. "I do see how you would feel uncomfortable on a broom. It is a strange feeling, no seat belt or anything up there."

Emmalyn suddenly clapped her hand together and asked "So, what do you all feel like doing? Should we stay here and play a game, watch a movie, or maybe track down something else to do?"


Shera nodded towards Night understandingly.

"I've always wanted to fly on a plane. It's pretty cool that muggles have also developed a way to fly... but thats more like Floo for us I think? Because I think most people fly for fun these days," she mused aloud. The lonely reason she knew what aeroplanes were, was because she knew that you were meant to avoid flying high enough to catch the attention of planes.

Head tilted to the side for a moment. "Um... I don't know whether or not they have auditions for being the commentator... you might be able to talk to the headmistress or to the flying instructor?" Because Shera was going to completely support EVERYONE in getting involved with Quidditch. Then she turned her attention back towards Emmalyn. "Good luck! I think I'd prefer Chaser or Beater?" she knew she'd already said good luck but she was really hoping that her friend made the team!

The wii was like a movie but it was a game. "So you can interact with it unlike in the movie? And how do you play?" this was an entirely new world that Emmalyn and Night were introducing to her. And it was very intriguing.

And what should they do? "I'll leave that up to both of you to decide," she was going to learn a lot no matter what they did!
Pucki is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,487

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Natethegreat/Aaron! (Anyone else can join too!)
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Rylee knew about this room. Kind of. Her big sister had told her about it. So had Ana. The only problem was she hadn't been told where the room was exactly. So it was with some wandering around and opening of many doors over the course of a few days or so before the first year had found what she had been looking for.

Stepping inside the room, her bright blue eyes widened in amazement. It was even better than they had said it was! There was posters all over which were just one thing that caught her eye... but that quickly over when she spotted the arcade games! OH MY GOSH! Rylee wiggled in excitement as she moved further into the room doing a complete spin to take in everything. Computers, Ipods for music!, TVs an-and... were those video game consoles and movies!

Practically squealing in delight she made a bee-line for the assortment of video games.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #19 (permalink)




DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn




Shera nodded towards Night understandingly.

"I've always wanted to fly on a plane. It's pretty cool that muggles have also developed a way to fly... but thats more like Floo for us I think? Because I think most people fly for fun these days," she mused aloud. The lonely reason she knew what aeroplanes were, was because she knew that you were meant to avoid flying high enough to catch the attention of planes.

Head tilted to the side for a moment. "Um... I don't know whether or not they have auditions for being the commentator... you might be able to talk to the headmistress or to the flying instructor?" Because Shera was going to completely support EVERYONE in getting involved with Quidditch. Then she turned her attention back towards Emmalyn. "Good luck! I think I'd prefer Chaser or Beater?" she knew she'd already said good luck but she was really hoping that her friend made the team!

The wii was like a movie but it was a game. "So you can interact with it unlike in the movie? And how do you play?" this was an entirely new world that Emmalyn and Night were introducing to her. And it was very intriguing.

And what should they do? "I'll leave that up to both of you to decide," she was going to learn a lot no matter what they did!
She nodded her head in confirmation about the wii being like a kind of movie that you could interact with. "You use the controller and move your body around. The game follows your commands. I used to think it was like magic, but not so much anymore. Real magic is so much better.'

"Night, should we show Shera how to play a game?" She asked as she started towards the Wii game shelf. There were so many games to choose from and a few of her favorites were even there. Then she glanced around to see if there was a wii balance board to use. A few of her favorite games used the balance board and she thought Shera would get a kick out of playing one of them.

She turned back towards the girls after she eyed the balance board. "If you would rather, we could also just watch a movie."Although, they didn't have any popcorn or candy. It was the treats that made movies the best. She wondered if the would be allowed to have popcorn and candy in there for movie watching. Maybe just in one corner. She'd have to ask the professor the next time she saw her.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)


DoM & AC
Puffskein
 
Dokimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,525

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jackson Thomas
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default

Kye had written down a few ideas for her outfit, but she wanted to see some ideas straight from Muggles... she hopped on one of the computers available and looked for the instructions... She didn't really know how to use it to be honest. She sat for a moment, trying to remember anything from when she was a kid that maybe she had seen her cousins do. Uhmmm.....

She pressed a few keys on the keyboard which seemed to 'wake up' the screen. On it was a nice picture, and little icons. Kye scanned through them, finding one that said 'Internet.' Ah, yes, she knew that one. She clicked on it and was able to navigate to the search functions. Oh man this was going to be a long day...

After some time, she started getting the hang of the internet a little bit better, and utilizing patience while she found what she was looking for for her outfits...
'
Dokimoto is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189