sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 181 users online including...
opshopcanada , sweetpinkpixie , eesheelylawa , aynahanrube , Nymphadoraliz , gnregnerrich , FrankGLACK , AnDus

13 members
168 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 40: May - August 2015

Term 40: May - August 2015 Term Forty: Don't Follow The Spiders (September 2086-June 2087)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default Barnabus the Barmy
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB



An old moving tapestry depicts Barnabas attempting to train trolls for the ballet. Don't laugh too hard, now; the tapestries' occupants are easily offended.
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default For lemooooon and Dimaaaaaa. <33
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

'Don't laugh too hard'

.......wrinkling your nose at the tapestry was allowed though yes?

Although laughing wasn't too far from her mind either to be honest. What WERE they doing? Did they honestly think this was going to work? Her teacher had sometimes called them - not HER of course but some girls from her group - trolls when they weren't able to perform as well as they should have. But now, seeing ACTUAL trolls trying to do ballet....well, Maggie sort of wished Madame Lumière kudostoLaila could see it.

So now here she was biting back giggles as she watched the moving tapestry.

Like....SERIOUSLY?
Lislchen is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw
 
lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wakanda
Posts: 11,009

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement
Default
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
'Don't laugh too hard'

.......wrinkling your nose at the tapestry was allowed though yes?

Although laughing wasn't too far from her mind either to be honest. What WERE they doing? Did they honestly think this was going to work? Her teacher had sometimes called them - not HER of course but some girls from her group - trolls when they weren't able to perform as well as they should have. But now, seeing ACTUAL trolls trying to do ballet....well, Maggie sort of wished Madame Lumière kudostoLaila could see it.

So now here she was biting back giggles as she watched the moving tapestry.

Like....SERIOUSLY?
Apparently, growing boys also meant growing appetites. Dima had a BIG appetite before, but now it was bigGER. He had actually just come up from breakfast, and about a half hour later... second breakfast was waiting for him downstairs, yeah? And then maybe he could head down there just before lunchtime to have elevensies. Mmm. Food.

But his craving for food was kind of lost when he noticed a familiar blonde head in front of a tapestry on his journey away from the bronze knocker. Was that......?

Dima didn't say anything, just stopped in his tracks and stared. Hadn't seen HER in a while.
__________________
and so i took an axe to a mended fence.___________________.______._________________

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.
lemon is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Third Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

While the tapestry was quite interesting - hilarious really - Maggie was still aware of her surroundings. She HAD to be. What if something interesting was happening right next to her and she would miss it because she was busy staring at ballet-dancing trolls? Yeah. That was a HORRIBLE thought.

Anyway, Maggie was aware of the sound of someone's footsteps coming closer.

And then they stopped.

After a few moments of being vaguely aware of that fact, Maggie eventually turned her head slightly to see who it was and what they were doing.

.........oh.

Was she supposed to smile? Yes? No? She felt like smiling but also not? This had somewhat caught her by surprise. There was a plan in the back of her mind somewhere, a plan on how to act in a situation like this but somehow she couldn't access it right now. "......hi." Okay, that worked too. Also there was a hint of a smile playing around her lips.

"They're trying to dance." She nodded back to the tapestry.

Err. Yeah. That.
Lislchen is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Ghost
 
Colley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Shiz
Posts: 70,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Xavieria Bole
Graduated

Magical Creatures
Default
♥ Touch Lass! | MOON OF MY LIFE | Lemon's Winner | Inside Kitty

Her favorite part of spending her last school term at Hogwarts was that she got to spend it with her boyfriend, and even better was that they were in houses that had dorms on the same floor. That was incredibly convenient. Although, something that was rather odd was this tapestry. Whyttyr couldn't help but look and look on at the odd thing. She was a dancer, okay, and she looked nothing like that.

She was so much better than that.

Although the weird tapestry did another thing helpful, it reminded her of the upcoming auditions she had and her uncertain future, which was always a fun thing to obsess over while she waited for Nemo to meet her.
__________________

__50% Moretti ____________________xavvie__________________________ 50% Bole_
Colley is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
Schroyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jakku
Posts: 12,202

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colley View Post
Her favorite part of spending her last school term at Hogwarts was that she got to spend it with her boyfriend, and even better was that they were in houses that had dorms on the same floor. That was incredibly convenient. Although, something that was rather odd was this tapestry. Whyttyr couldn't help but look and look on at the odd thing. She was a dancer, okay, and she looked nothing like that.

She was so much better than that.

Although the weird tapestry did another thing helpful, it reminded her of the upcoming auditions she had and her uncertain future, which was always a fun thing to obsess over while she waited for Nemo to meet her.
Nemo wasn't sure where he was meeting Whyttyr, so he began to wander, rambling around and near the 7th floor. He would look for a ridiculously pretty ravenclaw and that would clearly lead him to his girlfriend and no one else.

It wasn't long before he spotted her by one of the tapestries and made his way over to her. "Hi, Enjoying the scenery?" He said and put an arm around her, kissing her on the cheek. "What should we do today?" They'd explored a good bit of the grounds....hehe. So he wants sure what else she might want to do or see, but he was usually up for anything if Whytty was involved.
__________________
BE YOUNG. BE DOPE. BE PROUD.

Like an AMERICAN.
Schroyers is offline  
Old 06-25-2015, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Ghost
 
Colley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Shiz
Posts: 70,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Xavieria Bole
Graduated

Magical Creatures
Default
♥ Touch Lass! | MOON OF MY LIFE | Lemon's Winner | Inside Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroyers View Post
Nemo wasn't sure where he was meeting Whyttyr, so he began to wander, rambling around and near the 7th floor. He would look for a ridiculously pretty ravenclaw and that would clearly lead him to his girlfriend and no one else.

It wasn't long before he spotted her by one of the tapestries and made his way over to her. "Hi, Enjoying the scenery?" He said and put an arm around her, kissing her on the cheek. "What should we do today?" They'd explored a good bit of the grounds....hehe. So he wants sure what else she might want to do or see, but he was usually up for anything if Whytty was involved.
Enjoying the scenery? Was she, really? Not quite. "It's so... odd.... and rather disturbing, but I can't seem to stop looking at it." It was as if there was so much to consider and at the same time, not very much at all.

Bizzare.

Finally she decided to move her attention away from that and focus on Nemo. He was so much better looking. "I just want to spend time with you." Whyttyr reached out and tugged on his shirt, smoothing it out. "Do you have work to do?"
__________________

__50% Moretti ____________________xavvie__________________________ 50% Bole_
Colley is offline  
Old 06-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
Schroyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jakku
Posts: 12,202

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colley View Post
Enjoying the scenery? Was she, really? Not quite. "It's so... odd.... and rather disturbing, but I can't seem to stop looking at it." It was as if there was so much to consider and at the same time, not very much at all.

Bizzare.

Finally she decided to move her attention away from that and focus on Nemo. He was so much better looking. "I just want to spend time with you." Whyttyr reached out and tugged on his shirt, smoothing it out. "Do you have work to do?"
Nemo looked on at the tapestry that Whyttyr was describing. It was odd..but it often felt to him like it was the odd things that caught your attention. "It's very strange." But he shrugged because honestly he himself never really had too many thoughts on Art or in this case a tapestry, but he was sure that someone would call it art.

Hippies and their need to call everything art, it got very confusing to be honest. Everything couldn't be art or nothing was art. Anyway, enough about art.

"Nope, i did all my work and now i'm all yours." He loved having her here at the school, it made him very happy. "So what should we do? Since i'm sure you don't wanna keep looking at this thing." He surely didn't.
__________________
BE YOUNG. BE DOPE. BE PROUD.

Like an AMERICAN.
Schroyers is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #9 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Kate had walked down this corridor loads of times, but oddly enough, she'd never actually studied the hanging tapestry with all the dancing trolls. This had to be the strangest picture she'd ever seen. The trolls were ugly and then to have them in tutus while dancing was just cruel. They should move this thing to another floor. Despite deciding she hated the tapestry, Kate sat down alongside the wall beside it. She needed to get a start on her History of Magic journals, and this seemed like a good place.

Kate cracked open her journal, stopping at the very first place. With her quill freshly dipped in ink, she began:

Text Cut: Journal Entry #1
What is your full name and why were you named it? Were you named after anyone? Do you have any nicknames? How do you feel about your name?

I guess it's best to start this off with an entry about my name. Otherwise, if someone picked this up and started reading, how would they know who it belonged to? Of course, that's really only a concern of mine if the person reading this is also the one meant to be grading it. So, here goes! I'm Kate Evangeline Addison. I don't have any nicknames, because you can't exactly shorten Kate much more than it's already shortened. Of course there's Kay, but that's only one letter less than Kate, so what would be the point in having a nickname?

My grandmother on my mom's side is named Katherine, and my mother's middle name is McKayla. This is where my first name came from, because Katherine, McKayla, and Kate all kind of go together. I have no idea where my middle name, Evangeline, came from. I guess my mom and dad just liked the way it went with Kate. Actually, they did tell me once that since Kate was such a short name, they wanted a longer name in the middle, so I guess that's the story.

I have to say I really like my name. I can't imagine being anything but Kate. Also, my last name is pretty cool, because it can also be a pretty first or middle name for someone to have. Well, that's about all I can say about my name! Now that yo know who I am, you also know who this journal belongs to!

OOC: Her name is a tribute to my favorite character on my favorite T.V. show: Kate Austen, played by Evangeline Lilly.
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion

Last edited by Anna Banana; 07-12-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 AM   #10 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,139

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Kate had walked down this corridor loads of times, but oddly enough, she'd never actually studied the hanging tapestry with all the dancing trolls. This had to be the strangest picture she'd ever seen. The trolls were ugly and then to have them in tutus while dancing was just cruel. They should move this thing to another floor. Despite deciding she hated the tapestry, Kate sat down alongside the wall beside it. She needed to get a start on her History of Magic journals, and this seemed like a good place.

Kate cracked open her journal, stopping at the very first place. With her quill freshly dipped in ink, she began:

Text Cut: Journal Entry #1
I guess it's best to start this off with an entry about my name. Otherwise, if someone picked this up and started reading, how would they know who it belonged to? Of course, that's really only a concern of mine if the person reading this is also the one meant to be grading it. So, here goes! I'm Kate Evangeline Addison. I don't have any nicknames, because you can't exactly shorten Kate much more than it's already shortened. Of course there's Kay, but that's only one letter less than Kate, so what would be the point in having a nickname?

My grandmother on my mom's side is named Katherine, and my mother's middle name is McKayla. This is where my first name came from, because Katherine, McKayla, and Kate all kind of go together. I have no idea where my middle name, Evangeline, came from. I guess my mom and dad just liked the way it went with Kate. Actually, they did tell me once that since Kate was such a short name, they wanted a longer name in the middle, so I guess that's the story.

I have to say I really like my name. I can't imagine being anything but Kate. Also, my last name is pretty cool, because it can also be a pretty first or middle name for someone to have. Well, that's about all I can say about my name! Now that yo know who I am, you also know who this journal belongs to!

OOC: Her name is a tribute to my favorite character on my favorite T.V. show: Kate Austen, played by Evangeline Lilly.
Brian was walking to the Room of Requirement with a large case in his left hand when he tripped over something. Stumbling a little and setting the cello case on the floor, he realised a bit belatedly that there was someone sitting there beside the extremely ugly tapestery and the something he'd tripped over? Yeah, that was a leg. Her leg. Whoops. He was really uncoordinated today, it appeared.

"I'm so sorry," he said, cringing. Wait a minute. She looked familiar, as though he'd seen her in some classes. He was actually fairly certain that she was in his year. Ravenclaw, judging by her tie. Strange. Wasn't the Ravenclaw Common room a good enough place to be writing? Or did ugly trolls in tutus stimulate her brain juices more? Maybe the rumour about all Ravenclaws being mental was true. Mental or not, it was probably really rude of him not to introduce himself. "I'm Brian, by the way. Brian Woods." Hufflepuff seemed like an unnecessary addition, considering his house scarf was wrapped around his neck in an attempt to combat the cold.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Brian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Brian was walking to the Room of Requirement with a large case in his left hand when he tripped over something. Stumbling a little and setting the cello case on the floor, he realised a bit belatedly that there was someone sitting there beside the extremely ugly tapestery and the something he'd tripped over? Yeah, that was a leg. Her leg. Whoops. He was really uncoordinated today, it appeared.

"I'm so sorry," he said, cringing. Wait a minute. She looked familiar, as though he'd seen her in some classes. He was actually fairly certain that she was in his year. Ravenclaw, judging by her tie. Strange. Wasn't the Ravenclaw Common room a good enough place to be writing? Or did ugly trolls in tutus stimulate her brain juices more? Maybe the rumour about all Ravenclaws being mental was true. Mental or not, it was probably really rude of him not to introduce himself. "I'm Brian, by the way. Brian Woods." Hufflepuff seemed like an unnecessary addition, considering his house scarf was wrapped around his neck in an attempt to combat the cold.


...OUCH!

What in the name of Merlin just happened? Kate had been so focused on her journal entry that she had temporarily forgotten the world around her. She glanced up at the sound of a voice and figured out that this boy had basically tripped over her leg. "Oh, no...I'm sorry, too," she said, scrambling up to her feet. "I guess my idea to complete my homework away from the hustle and bustle of the common room wasn't really a good idea."

She paused to take a second to figure out who she was even talking to. She'd seen him in classes, and it was obvious he was a Hufflepuff, but she had no idea what his name was. Oh, he introduced himself! How convenient! "I'm Kate Addison," she said. "Are you okay?" she asked, wondering if she accidentally hurt him be being in the way. She should just stick to the common room next time.
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #12 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,139

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
...OUCH!

What in the name of Merlin just happened? Kate had been so focused on her journal entry that she had temporarily forgotten the world around her. She glanced up at the sound of a voice and figured out that this boy had basically tripped over her leg. "Oh, no...I'm sorry, too," she said, scrambling up to her feet. "I guess my idea to complete my homework away from the hustle and bustle of the common room wasn't really a good idea."

She paused to take a second to figure out who she was even talking to. She'd seen him in classes, and it was obvious he was a Hufflepuff, but she had no idea what his name was. Oh, he introduced himself! How convenient! "I'm Kate Addison," she said. "Are you okay?" she asked, wondering if she accidentally hurt him be being in the way. She should just stick to the common room next time.
Brian let out a small laugh and shook his head. "I wasn't actually looking where I was going. There's really no need to apologise." Tripping over people was totally normal. Especially normal around common room fires. "I'd show you a better place to study, but I'd always expected the Ravenclaws to be a bit more mindful of people trying to do homework," he said. "Hustle and bustle isn't exactly what most of us associate with you lot." Ravenclaws hustling and bustling? Unless it was about exams, the statement seemed extremely out-of-character. He wouldn't know, though, being seven floors below them and whatnot.

"I'm just fine, don't worry yourself," he said as he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "More concerned about your leg, though." Was it bruising or was it just him? He'd known his shoes to be especially hard, and considering that they were a new pair, they were probably more likely to injure people.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 03:35 AM   #13 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Brian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Brian let out a small laugh and shook his head. "I wasn't actually looking where I was going. There's really no need to apologise." Tripping over people was totally normal. Especially normal around common room fires. "I'd show you a better place to study, but I'd always expected the Ravenclaws to be a bit more mindful of people trying to do homework," he said. "Hustle and bustle isn't exactly what most of us associate with you lot." Ravenclaws hustling and bustling? Unless it was about exams, the statement seemed extremely out-of-character. He wouldn't know, though, being seven floors below them and whatnot.

"I'm just fine, don't worry yourself," he said as he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "More concerned about your leg, though." Was it bruising or was it just him? He'd known his shoes to be especially hard, and considering that they were a new pair, they were probably more likely to injure people.


Kate smiled. Well, wasn't Brian the really sweet one? He was a Hufflepuff, though, and if what people said about Hufflepuffs was true, she shouldn't have expected anything but a nice and kind response from him. "We'll just forget it happened then," she said. And she'd remember not to do her homework in the middle of the corridor. "I'm working on that journal we have to do for History of Magic class. I usually work in the common room, but it got too noisy. I thought the corridor might be less crowded."

She shrugged then gave a soft laugh as he mentioned what he usually associated with Ravenclaws. "Oh, yeah? Well, what do you think we do in our common room then?" she asked. This was going to be interesting. She knew what their stereotype was, but it'd be funny to see what a Hufflepuff thought.

She shrugged again. "My leg's fine. It doesn't even hurt," she assured him. "So, Brian, what year are you? You look about my age." She closed her journal and started tucking it and her quill back into her bag. No use standing around holding it anymore.
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 06-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #14 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,139

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

SPOILER!!: Kate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Kate smiled. Well, wasn't Brian the really sweet one? He was a Hufflepuff, though, and if what people said about Hufflepuffs was true, she shouldn't have expected anything but a nice and kind response from him. "We'll just forget it happened then," she said. And she'd remember not to do her homework in the middle of the corridor. "I'm working on that journal we have to do for History of Magic class. I usually work in the common room, but it got too noisy. I thought the corridor might be less crowded."

She shrugged then gave a soft laugh as he mentioned what he usually associated with Ravenclaws. "Oh, yeah? Well, what do you think we do in our common room then?" she asked. This was going to be interesting. She knew what their stereotype was, but it'd be funny to see what a Hufflepuff thought.

She shrugged again. "My leg's fine. It doesn't even hurt," she assured him. "So, Brian, what year are you? You look about my age." She closed her journal and started tucking it and her quill back into her bag. No use standing around holding it anymore.


Brian nodded. He knew exactly which one she was talking about, and his journal was sitting on his bedside table down in the dorms. Pretty much untouched, but he wouldn't tell her that. "That's understandable. Most people find the trolls here a little off-putting, but I think they're cute." Reminded him of Timmy, just a little. The pudgy creatures dancing around in tutus? Absolutely adorable.

"I haven't the foggiest, but I imagine it's something along the lines of people buried in books and peering over your glasses at people. Maybe the occasional chemistry pun if you're feeling particularly social." He was just joking, really, but there was some truth to it. Besides, that was pretty much what he'd been told about Ravenclaws, but he'd keep a flexible mindset just in case it was proven false. "What do you lot actually do up there? I've heard you have your own mini-library."

"If you insist," he said, still looking a little bit sheepish. Best to look where he was going next time, especially now that he knew that Ravenclaws needed to escape their common room and this was pretty near it. "Second. I think we are in the same year? I've seen you in lessons." He just opted not to answer in most classes because he had a tendency to forget about reading up on the subject matter before class. A habit he should probably break, because he spent most of the lesson periods being incredibly confused.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline  
Old 06-28-2015, 05:54 AM   #15 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Brian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Brian nodded. He knew exactly which one she was talking about, and his journal was sitting on his bedside table down in the dorms. Pretty much untouched, but he wouldn't tell her that. "That's understandable. Most people find the trolls here a little off-putting, but I think they're cute." Reminded him of Timmy, just a little. The pudgy creatures dancing around in tutus? Absolutely adorable.

"I haven't the foggiest, but I imagine it's something along the lines of people buried in books and peering over your glasses at people. Maybe the occasional chemistry pun if you're feeling particularly social." He was just joking, really, but there was some truth to it. Besides, that was pretty much what he'd been told about Ravenclaws, but he'd keep a flexible mindset just in case it was proven false. "What do you lot actually do up there? I've heard you have your own mini-library."

"If you insist," he said, still looking a little bit sheepish. Best to look where he was going next time, especially now that he knew that Ravenclaws needed to escape their common room and this was pretty near it. "Second. I think we are in the same year? I've seen you in lessons." He just opted not to answer in most classes because he had a tendency to forget about reading up on the subject matter before class. A habit he should probably break, because he spent most of the lesson periods being incredibly confused.


Kate cast a quick glance in the direction of the trolls. "I find the trolls a little off-putting," she remarked. "To be honest, before you walked up, I was just thinking to myself how this is the ugliest tapestry I've ever seen." Truth. She had no idea why it was even here, in a historical school like Hogwarts. Was there some significance to it, or did somebody just assume people would like the looks of it. She laughed it off, though, and turned back to Brian.

Still giving a light laugh, Kate said, "Boy, you really take those house traits seriously, don't you?" She shook her head. "I don't think Ravenclaws actually like homework and studying. Not as a hobby or anything like that, I mean. I think it's more of the fact that when we have to think things through, we take a more logical approach." Or that's how it seemed to her. There may actually be Ravenclaws out there who enjoyed all their classes enough to make them into a hobby, but not Kate. "People only bury themselves in books when they have to for class, and we actually do fun things like hold parties. If there is a mini-library, I haven't seen it yet." She remembered there being a party on the first night she was here when she was a brand new first year. "So what are things like in the Hufflepuff Common Room?"

Kate nodded. "I'm a second year, too. Oddly enough, I haven't met many other second years. Have you?" she responded. Maybe Hufflepuff had more second years than Ravenclaw did, because Kate sometimes felt like she was the only thirteen-year-old Claw out there.
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 06-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #16 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,139

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Kate cast a quick glance in the direction of the trolls. "I find the trolls a little off-putting," she remarked. "To be honest, before you walked up, I was just thinking to myself how this is the ugliest tapestry I've ever seen." Truth. She had no idea why it was even here, in a historical school like Hogwarts. Was there some significance to it, or did somebody just assume people would like the looks of it. She laughed it off, though, and turned back to Brian.

Still giving a light laugh, Kate said, "Boy, you really take those house traits seriously, don't you?" She shook her head. "I don't think Ravenclaws actually like homework and studying. Not as a hobby or anything like that, I mean. I think it's more of the fact that when we have to think things through, we take a more logical approach." Or that's how it seemed to her. There may actually be Ravenclaws out there who enjoyed all their classes enough to make them into a hobby, but not Kate. "People only bury themselves in books when they have to for class, and we actually do fun things like hold parties. If there is a mini-library, I haven't seen it yet." She remembered there being a party on the first night she was here when she was a brand new first year. "So what are things like in the Hufflepuff Common Room?"

Kate nodded. "I'm a second year, too. Oddly enough, I haven't met many other second years. Have you?" she responded. Maybe Hufflepuff had more second years than Ravenclaw did, because Kate sometimes felt like she was the only thirteen-year-old Claw out there.
Brian laughed. This one was blunt, which was actually very refreshing considering that most Hufflepuffs either honestly had nothing mean to say or sugar-coated it to the point of the insult being totally unrecognisable. "Well, if they were trying to prove that Barnabus was Barmy, they've hit the nail on the head." Which was probably the point of the tapestry. Everyone knew Barnabus was actually quite barmy, but this just proved the point beyond belief. Seeing the trolls' indignant expression, he grinned sheepishly at the tapestry's occupants. "You know I still like you guys."

"Ah, sorry,"
he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "House stereotypes are pretty much all I have to go on, considering I haven't actually met very many Ravenclaws." Muggleborn and all that, y'know? Sometimes it was cool, learning all this, but more often than not, the whole secrecy thing made him just a little sad. Why would they hide such a huge world from people like his ma? It seemed unfair that she couldn't actually see what he could do, what he was learning. "If I had to pick a word to describe it, it'd probably be 'warm'. It's got a lot of circles in its design and it's all homey and welcoming. We also have bedwarmers hanging on the walls, which is great because this castle is COLD." It also meant that he spent most of his free time under the covers trying to maintain his body heat. Did wizards not have any heating systems? Stone walls didn't insulate a lot of heat at all.

The Hufflepuff's eyebrows furrowed a little in thought. "I know Timmy's in Gryffindor and she's got her twin in Slytherin? And Echo's in Slytherin too, but other than that, I think we're a pretty small batch." It was either that or nobody wanted to show up for classes, but that was unlikely. Besides, he didn't actually know everyone.
__________________
Why should you worry about the math teacher holding graph paper?

She’s definitely plotting something.
laurange is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 02:12 AM   #17 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: laurange
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Brian laughed. This one was blunt, which was actually very refreshing considering that most Hufflepuffs either honestly had nothing mean to say or sugar-coated it to the point of the insult being totally unrecognisable. "Well, if they were trying to prove that Barnabus was Barmy, they've hit the nail on the head." Which was probably the point of the tapestry. Everyone knew Barnabus was actually quite barmy, but this just proved the point beyond belief. Seeing the trolls' indignant expression, he grinned sheepishly at the tapestry's occupants. "You know I still like you guys."

"Ah, sorry,"
he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "House stereotypes are pretty much all I have to go on, considering I haven't actually met very many Ravenclaws." Muggleborn and all that, y'know? Sometimes it was cool, learning all this, but more often than not, the whole secrecy thing made him just a little sad. Why would they hide such a huge world from people like his ma? It seemed unfair that she couldn't actually see what he could do, what he was learning. "If I had to pick a word to describe it, it'd probably be 'warm'. It's got a lot of circles in its design and it's all homey and welcoming. We also have bedwarmers hanging on the walls, which is great because this castle is COLD." It also meant that he spent most of his free time under the covers trying to maintain his body heat. Did wizards not have any heating systems? Stone walls didn't insulate a lot of heat at all.

The Hufflepuff's eyebrows furrowed a little in thought. "I know Timmy's in Gryffindor and she's got her twin in Slytherin? And Echo's in Slytherin too, but other than that, I think we're a pretty small batch." It was either that or nobody wanted to show up for classes, but that was unlikely. Besides, he didn't actually know everyone.


Kate laughed at how Brian spoke of the tapestry. "I wonder why they have it here..." she said aloud, not really expecting a reply to that but more or less wondering out loud to herself. "It's not like Barnabus is really important to the school." She looked at the man, foolishly trying to train the trolls to dance. Then because most of the portraits in the school could talk and communicate, Kate figured she better make nice with Barnabus. "Sorry, Barnabus," she said.

Nevermind the silly tapestry, though. "It's okay," she said, responding to what he'd said about being muggleborn and not knowing anything BUT house stereotypes. "It's true that we have a lot of knowledge and logic, but I don't think it defines us. At least, I don't think I'd like to study and do schoolwork ALL the time." She listened to what he said about the Hufflepuff common room. "Sounds nice," she commented.

"Timmy's a twin? That's cool," Kate replied. Maybe the girl had mentioned that, but if she did, Kate didn't remember. "I don't think I've met Echo. I think you're right about us being a small batch." She shrugged. Oh, well. That meant it'd be easier to make friends and get to know everybody. "Well, I should get going. This History of Magic journal isn't going to write itself, unfortunately. It was nice meeting you."
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 07-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,712

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default pre Acromantulas :| for the sake of my headspace XD
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Bright purple box with several large white questions marks covering it tucked under his arm, the Astronomy professor made his way around the seventh floor looking for the perfect spot. Or really, just a spot.

"This'll do," he said with a shrug as he plopped the box underneath the tapestry.

Now to see if anyone would open it. Hehe.

Rubbing his hands together, the professor made himself scarce and waited.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lizasaurus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default *nabs it*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Bright purple box with several large white questions marks covering it tucked under his arm, the Astronomy professor made his way around the seventh floor looking for the perfect spot. Or really, just a spot.

"This'll do," he said with a shrug as he plopped the box underneath the tapestry.

Now to see if anyone would open it. Hehe.

Rubbing his hands together, the professor made himself scarce and waited.
Torie was wandering the school again doing more exploring, wanting to find out everything about everything he could find in the school. He found himself by Barnabas the Barmy again and sighed, he was sure he'd passed this place for or five times already. He finally moved to just plop down against the wall when he saw the purple box sitting there and eyed it. Now he was sure that hadn't been there the last time he'd passed the tapestry. Looking around he didn't see anyone nearby and nudged the box a little to see if it seemed heavy. Why were there question marks on it?
 
Old 07-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,712

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
Torie was wandering the school again doing more exploring, wanting to find out everything about everything he could find in the school. He found himself by Barnabas the Barmy again and sighed, he was sure he'd passed this place for or five times already. He finally moved to just plop down against the wall when he saw the purple box sitting there and eyed it. Now he was sure that hadn't been there the last time he'd passed the tapestry. Looking around he didn't see anyone nearby and nudged the box a little to see if it seemed heavy. Why were there question marks on it?
Still hidden from view, the Astronomy professor watched with bated breath as his box was approached. And thankfully this student didn't try blasting it open. The box itself was not particularly heavy and the professor had placed no special enchantments on it to make it seem like something that it was not. Easily picked up, the contents of the box wouldn't make too much noise if it was shaken a bit.

It was, however, one of the man's favorite little Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes items from when he was a boy. Used to give Sir Nicholas a hard time while using it, so the man had been quite pleased to have found an old one in the forgotten bathroom on the sixth floor.

Now just need to wait and see if the Hufflepuff could find enough curiosity to open the box up.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 AM   #21 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,301

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Meriwether
Seventh Year

x8 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Derek Meriwether
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement
Default
TRANSPONSTER! • slyther'd into my ❤ dreaming swimming pools • dazed gryffinpuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
Torie was wandering the school again doing more exploring, wanting to find out everything about everything he could find in the school. He found himself by Barnabas the Barmy again and sighed, he was sure he'd passed this place for or five times already. He finally moved to just plop down against the wall when he saw the purple box sitting there and eyed it. Now he was sure that hadn't been there the last time he'd passed the tapestry. Looking around he didn't see anyone nearby and nudged the box a little to see if it seemed heavy. Why were there question marks on it?
Agatha was going all the way up to the owlery to check on her silly bird and wouldn't even have looked at the young boy sitting there underneath that horrendous tapestry of trolls dancing ballet. Honestly, what an ugly thing to look at.

She wouldn't have looked at the boy IF he didn't have that strange looking purple box with him. The both of them looked highly suspicious in Agatha's opinion, so she stopped and stared. Not too close, of course.

"What do you have in there?" She asked rather suspiciously as she raised one eyebrow.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lizasaurus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Agatha was going all the way up to the owlery to check on her silly bird and wouldn't even have looked at the young boy sitting there underneath that horrendous tapestry of trolls dancing ballet. Honestly, what an ugly thing to look at.

She wouldn't have looked at the boy IF he didn't have that strange looking purple box with him. The both of them looked highly suspicious in Agatha's opinion, so she stopped and stared. Not too close, of course.

"What do you have in there?" She asked rather suspiciously as she raised one eyebrow.
He stared at the box as if hoping it would suddenly open for him and reveal what was inside. Shaking his head he looked around and still didn't see anyone. Well, no one would say anything if he just peeked right? No one was there to catch him just peeking, at least. So...

Chewing his lip he moved to open the box and jumped a foot falling back against the wall when he heard someone ask what he had in the box. "I don't know, it's not my box!" he said blinking in surprise. Nope he hadn't been about to open it. Of course not.

"It's just err sitting here. I was only going to peek" he admitted softly. "It looks all curious and stuff, like it's meant to be found."
 
Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #23 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,301

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Meriwether
Seventh Year

x8 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Derek Meriwether
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement
Default
TRANSPONSTER! • slyther'd into my ❤ dreaming swimming pools • dazed gryffinpuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
He stared at the box as if hoping it would suddenly open for him and reveal what was inside. Shaking his head he looked around and still didn't see anyone. Well, no one would say anything if he just peeked right? No one was there to catch him just peeking, at least. So...

Chewing his lip he moved to open the box and jumped a foot falling back against the wall when he heard someone ask what he had in the box. "I don't know, it's not my box!" he said blinking in surprise. Nope he hadn't been about to open it. Of course not.

"It's just err sitting here. I was only going to peek" he admitted softly. "It looks all curious and stuff, like it's meant to be found."
Agatha raised an eyebrow when she realised she had sort of freaked the kid out. Was he being sneaky? Why? "How did you find it? Was it just lying there?" Part of Agatha believed that the box had sprouted out of the Castle's ground - because there was nothing you couldn't expect from Hogwarts -, but on the other hand, the Slytherin was suspicious of this boy as well.

Though she was also curious.

Like it was meant to be found? Agatha eyed the box from a safe distance. The kid had a point. "Go on. Open it." She told him, gesturing with her head towards the box. She wanted to see what was in there but she herself wouldn't touch the box until she knew it was safe to do so. Good thing that boy was there to do the job.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 03:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lizasaurus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Agatha raised an eyebrow when she realised she had sort of freaked the kid out. Was he being sneaky? Why? "How did you find it? Was it just lying there?" Part of Agatha believed that the box had sprouted out of the Castle's ground - because there was nothing you couldn't expect from Hogwarts -, but on the other hand, the Slytherin was suspicious of this boy as well.

Though she was also curious.

Like it was meant to be found? Agatha eyed the box from a safe distance. The kid had a point. "Go on. Open it." She told him, gesturing with her head towards the box. She wanted to see what was in there but she herself wouldn't touch the box until she knew it was safe to do so. Good thing that boy was there to do the job.
"Yeah it was just sitting here on the floor" he said shrugging and looked back down at the box "Curious really, it wasn't here earlier when I passed. He chewed his lip, wondering if he should even do it. What if it was something someone forgot and he needed to get it back to them. It didn't have anything on it though besides the question marks. He looked at her curiously when she said 'go ahead, open it.' Why him?

Oh right...he'd found it and was about to anyway.

He looked back at the box and opened the box carefully in case something jumped out like....a kneazle or toad or something.
 
Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,712

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
He looked back at the box and opened the box carefully in case something jumped out like....a kneazle or toad or something.
Oh, it was a two for one.

Too bad there was only one thing in the box...and if a fight were to break out between the Hufflepuff and the Slytherin, well, Airey was just going to scamper off in the other direction. Consider it an exercise in learning to work with your peers. Ahem.

Inside the box was none other than a Headless Hat. Use it well!

__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163