sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 33: January - April 2013

Term 33: January - April 2013 Term Thirty-Three: Board of Governors Elections (September 2079 - June 2080)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 47,181

Hogwarts RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Aleksander J. Bunbury
Environmental Protection
Default Media Table
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB


When you first enter the library, you will immediately notice an adequate sized table set-up in which you can register your attendance at the auction and can show off your "Favorite Book Character" costume. You're encouraged to take one of the "Hello, my name is ..." stickers on the table, write your name and stick it to your shirt. At this table is also where you can drop off book and galleon donations for the library reconstruction. Remember, adults must donate five galleons or a book to get in; students must donate 8 sickles or a book.

At a second table, perpendicular to the main one, is a table for members of press to sign in and check their equipment.

If you are a guest, make sure you smile; you never know when one of those press people will snap your photo and you'll want to make sure it's your good side!
__________________
_______hiSS_______
__________________

Last edited by BanaBatGirl; 01-13-2013 at 05:50 AM.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gryffindor

Snidget
 
Princesspower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up the Faraway Tree
Posts: 2,588

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarah Edwards

x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Abigail Bella Goodman
Minister's Office
Default alexa
Gryffinclaw-Ravendor • The REAL Hermione Granger

Touched the ribbon that adorned her hair before she walked in. She was dressed as Laura, from the book - A Little House on the Prarie. It was a muggle book, but hopefully none would mind. She had initially thought that she would be Sarah from ‘A Little Princess’, yet when she could not think of a nice costume to go with it, she decided to choose Laura. If it was not Laura she would have to go to great pains to die her hair red in order to be Anne from the book ‘Anne of Green Gables’. Sarah looked down at her white pinafore, under which she was wearing a yellow dress. She had transfigured her outfit herself, something she was rather proud of. She had her hair in two braids and she had a bonnet dangling from her neck. Laura never liked to wear her bonnet. She fingered for her purse, which she was carrying in her basket. She had transferred some of the contents from her ever present satchel to her purse using the undectable extension charm. In it was a book she was donating. It was a copy of ‘A Little Princess’ – hopefully there would be students who would read it. Sarah had written to her grandmother asking for the book as a birthday present sent in advanced. Sarah was a bit disheartened about giving away her birthday present, yet she cheered up remembering what her father always said, “when you go to help others, you help yourself”. So with the book in hand Sarah walked over to the media table.
__________________

Last edited by Princesspower; 01-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Princesspower is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)



DMGS & MO
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,285

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fourth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Royland Gladin
Minister's Office
Default Wes is back! xD
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Wes knew he was supposed to dress up for this event, but he didn't have any favorite book characters or whatever. Besides, he'd donated a lovely set of cufflinks for the cause, so he just dressed himself up nice and if anyone asked...he was Jay Gatsby. Yes, Jay Gatsby. That would be his answer should anyone ask him.

He was also sporting a lovely moustache that he hadn't had the last time he attended any party-like thing in the wizarding world. He'd pretty much just been laying low in Leeds, hanging out with his brother and living the bachelor life. It was quite thrilling, actually, much better than being a Department Head. He was so glad those days were behind him! He vaguely wondered if his old buddy Gavin would be here. Or one of those brothers who were always fighting...

He dropped off his donation of five galleons and wrote his name down on the nametag, sticking it on his blazer. Right. In to the fray!

xxxxxx

Nolan had, obviously, seen that article in the Daily Prophet about the fashion choices of the Board of Governors candidates, and had been extremely relieved to see that he had been left out of the scathing article. What a disaster it would have been if his fashion sense had been criticized! Everyone knew Nolan was the flyest dresser out of all the candidates. And today he had dressed to prove it. He was looking sharp indeed, and had worn his signature specs to the party as well. He looked so awesome.

And, to make himself even awesomer, he was donating not one but FIVE books. He'd had a ton that his shop didn't need, so why not donate them? And buy himself a few more votes for the campaign, yes? Hehehe. Nolan loved being involved in a election race like this. It made life so exciting.

He placed his books down on the table...Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart, Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them, Catcher in the Rye, Welcome to the Monkey House, Little House on the Prairie...and then glanced at the media table. He hoped they liked his outfit. He really really hoped they did!
__________________
I don't really know what I'm heading for______________________________________

________________________________________I just wanna cruise the wild with you
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,889

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Sarah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspower View Post
Touched the ribbon that adorned her hair before she walked in. She was dressed as Laura, from the book - A Little House on the Prarie. It was a muggle book, but hopefully none would mind. She had initially thought that she would be Sarah from ‘A Little Princess’, yet when she could not think of a nice costume to go with it, she decided to choose Laura. If it was not Laura she would have to go to great pains to die her hair red in order to be Anne from the book ‘Anne of Green Gables’. Sarah looked down at her checkered blue and white pinafore, under which she was wearing a white blouse. She had transfigured her outfit herself, something she was rather proud of. She had her hair in two braids and she had a bonnet dangling from her neck. Laura never liked to wear her bonnet. She fingered for her purse, which she was carrying in her basket. She had transferred some of the contents from her ever present satchel to her purse using the undectable extension charm. In it was a book she was donating. It was a copy of ‘A Little Princess’ – hopefully there would be students who would read it. Sarah had written to her grandmother asking for the book as a birthday present sent in advanced. Sarah was a bit disheartened about giving away her birthday present, yet she cheered up remembering what her father always said, “when you go to help others, you help yourself”. So with the book in hand Sarah walked over to the media table.


Dressing up as your favourite book character, what a joke. Just about everyone knew that Lex didn't read. It was a horrible habit that some people had and it was dreadfully boring. Her attention span wasn't long enough for her to sit down to a book. Nope. Not unless the book had something she wanted and books that told stories definitely didn't. She could careless about people that didn't exist except inside pages. Their lives were either dull or overly aggrandized. Either way it held very little interest to her. See, there were no characters in a book that gave instructions on hexing, if there were she might have dressed up but as it were those tended to be general in their narration and there was never a hero...just a bunch of VERY useful instructions.

She glanced behind her to make sure her father was still keeping up. He was the one with the wallet afterall.

When she approached the table a smile spread from ear to ear. "Sarah! Hi! I had a feeling I'd run into you here!" BEAM. Lex was only here for the STUFF her father could buy her. Heh. She liked stuff.

His child got stranger by the day, he was sure of it. Alexa didn't like books, she had already made it clear that she was never going to enjoy reading a book and had asked him to stop trying, which he did because he didn't like forcing her to do anything. That being the case, why in Merlin's beard did she want him attending this auction so badly. If books were the items being sold then he was confident he'd be keeping all his galleons in his wallet.

At the table he offered the person 5 galleons and 8 sickles; Lex refused to use the pocket money he gave her to pay her own way in, then he looked down at the girl she was speaking to with a smile. "Hello there."
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hinkypunk
 
iBeJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,383

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Ruiz
First Year
x12 x2
Default

Selena kinda missed the library. Given she didn't spend as much time in here as she should've but this was the place she checked out the book with the different fruits. And this was where she hung out her first year. The girl walked through the library doors and smiled. Ah... it was so nice to be back at Hogwarts... the only thing that she wished was different was what she was wearing. She wanted to pull down her skirt a little more and to kick off her shoes. Especially the shoes. She didn't like the shoes.

And she looked like a Hufflepuff. She had nothing against them but she really didn't like wearing yellow so much. Why had she let her cousin pick out her outfit again? Selena looked at the tables then at the people around. Hm... not many. She was probably still early. She held a book in one hand, a bright cheerful smile on her face and no pygmy puff on her head. Nikolas still needed to find her pygmy puff. She brushed her hair away from her face, flicking it over her shoulder as she placed the book, Green Eggs and Ham, on the table.

And now the donation. Selena made her donation at the table before looking at the stickers, her smile still plastered on her face. Did she really need to use one of those? Who didn't know who she was? She pursed her lips quickly before taking one and scribbling her name on it. She stuck it at the bottom of her blazer and looked around. Now... what next?
__________________
... are you ..r ..e ..a ..d ..y.. for it?


iBeJenn is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gryffindor

Snidget
 
Princesspower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up the Faraway Tree
Posts: 2,588

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarah Edwards

x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Abigail Bella Goodman
Minister's Office
Default
Gryffinclaw-Ravendor • The REAL Hermione Granger

SPOILER!!: alexa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Dressing up as your favourite book character, what a joke. Just about everyone knew that Lex didn't read. It was a horrible habit that some people had and it was dreadfully boring. Her attention span wasn't long enough for her to sit down to a book. Nope. Not unless the book had something she wanted and books that told stories definitely didn't. She could careless about people that didn't exist except inside pages. Their lives were either dull or overly aggrandized. Either way it held very little interest to her. See, there were no characters in a book that gave instructions on hexing, if there were she might have dressed up but as it were those tended to be general in their narration and there was never a hero...just a bunch of VERY useful instructions.

She glanced behind her to make sure her father was still keeping up. He was the one with the wallet afterall.

When she approached the table a smile spread from ear to ear. "Sarah! Hi! I had a feeling I'd run into you here!" BEAM. Lex was only here for the STUFF her father could buy her. Heh. She liked stuff.

His child got stranger by the day, he was sure of it. Alexa didn't like books, she had already made it clear that she was never going to enjoy reading a book and had asked him to stop trying, which he did because he didn't like forcing her to do anything. That being the case, why in Merlin's beard did she want him attending this auction so badly. If books were the items being sold then he was confident he'd be keeping all his galleons in his wallet.

At the table he offered the person 5 galleons and 8 sickles; Lex refused to use the pocket money he gave her to pay her own way in, then he looked down at the girl she was speaking to with a smile. "Hello there."

Sarah had just about reached the counter when she spotted Alexa, or more like - Alexa spotted her. She hastily handed the book she was carrying to the person behind the counter and swirled around, her braids trailing behind her and whipping her in the face. "Oh Hi Alexa! I would really like to read the book which features you as a character!" Sarah playfully said with a wink, "it must be really good and exciting. I mean I would go made if I were docile, I mean the whole fun of life is being energetic!" Alexa was with someone, probably her father or else some random stranger that Alexa had picked up, something Alexa (as well as Sarah albeit more responsibly) was want on doing.
"Hello" said Sarah to the man that was looking down at her, her ever present smile adorning her face. What ind of man was this, did he require all formalities? Just in case Sarah added, "my name is Sarah Edwards. I am in third year here in Hogwarts and I am part of the Gryffindor House,like Alexa". Those words were strange to Sarah, she just said them to be polite, yet in reality she thought it was way to formal. If it was Alexa's dad, there might be a chance of her mother coming, yet Sarah did not know.
"So Alexa - what are you here for, the books, the auction or the food" Rumour had it that there was all of them present, yet Sarah doubted that Alexa was there for the books and the library. Sarah wondered what Alexa did in her spare time, it was not like she had any siblings to keep her occupied with in the place of books. She realy felt bad for only children, especially ones like Alexa who did not like reading and the thought of Alexa engaging in needlework was laughable.
__________________
Princesspower is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

DP Editor-in-chief
Puffskein
 
Erik Vinteren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,580

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erik Odin Vinteren
Graduated
Default
Vinteren, Erik Vinteren

The Hogwarts' library was impressive, and to an avid reader like Erik, beautiful. He had to pause for a moment once he entered the place, just to take a look around the handsome room and drink it all in. He would be curious to see the scorched section later, but for now he had to pay his dues to get in.

Dressed as James Bond, the title character of Sir Ian Fleming's useful guides spy novels, Erik had brought a hefty amount of wizarding coins along with him today. He had a feeling he would be wanting some of the items up for auction...and he certainly wanted to make an impression here.

"Good day," he greeted the people at the media table, dropping of a lump of galleons at least five times the requested donation. He also placed a worn copy of For Your Eyes Only on the table and smiled for the cameras.

Then he walked off...ish... to mingle.
__________________
Erik Vinteren is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMGS & DIMC
Ashwinder
 
natekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leeds
Posts: 13,845

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tessa Roberts
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bliss Gracae-Ryans
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Wilde
International Cooperation
Default
Ali's Little Fox | Ravenpuff | ½ of Lauralie | Graphicer

Bliss walked with a smile on her face. She was dressed as Alice from, y'know, Alice in Wonderland. That was her all time favourite book character. She wasn't entirely sure why she was here, BUT she didn't see why she shouldn't come. After all, the third year loved book and reading and the library and after what had happened last term, she felt like she SHOULD come here. Out of...respect?

She then walked over to the table near the entrance and sighed in. OH. They had stickers, she noticed, writing Bliss Hope-Mae Ryans on one and sticking it on her dress. Now she had to donate 8 sickles or a book. That didn't seem like enough to her. She dipped into her pocket and took out a galleon and a copy of Alice in Wonderland and placed in down and then walked away quickly before anyone could argue.

It wasn't like she was poor and the money WAS going to a good cause.
__________________
natekka is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly: Nimmiii
Gryffindor
SS100 Triumphant
Doxy
 
Anum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: on the edge of glory
Posts: 6,031

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Izzy Way
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucy Camilla Way
Default
♥ Anissel | Mrs. O'Pry's BFF | Sweet Pea's Lassie ♥ | Laura's Mango | Tycy ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
Selena kinda missed the library. Given she didn't spend as much time in here as she should've but this was the place she checked out the book with the different fruits. And this was where she hung out her first year. The girl walked through the library doors and smiled. Ah... it was so nice to be back at Hogwarts... the only thing that she wished was different was what she was wearing. She wanted to pull down her skirt a little more and to kick off her shoes. Especially the shoes. She didn't like the shoes.

And she looked like a Hufflepuff. She had nothing against them but she really didn't like wearing yellow so much. Why had she let her cousin pick out her outfit again? Selena looked at the tables then at the people around. Hm... not many. She was probably still early. She held a book in one hand, a bright cheerful smile on her face and no pygmy puff on her head. Nikolas still needed to find her pygmy puff. She brushed her hair away from her face, flicking it over her shoulder as she placed the book, Green Eggs and Ham, on the table.

And now the donation. Selena made her donation at the table before looking at the stickers, her smile still plastered on her face. Did she really need to use one of those? Who didn't know who she was? She pursed her lips quickly before taking one and scribbling her name on it. She stuck it at the bottom of her blazer and looked around. Now... what next?
Ryan felt really out of place at the library. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he was in a library, not to mention the last time he checked out a book. He looked around uncertainly as people walked about, dressed in impressive outfits and some in costumes. He squinted at the table in front of him and realized he needed to make a donation. WHAT! That was just absurd.

He dug his hands in his pockets for some coins because he certainly didn't have book that he could donate. As he heard some jingling, he took his hand out excitedly and opened up his palm...7 sickles. "Dammit," he muttered to himself and then eyed the people milling around. Slowly, he made his way to one of the bookshelves in the back and quietly slipped out a book. He stuck it under his armpit and causally walked back to the media table. When he was sure no one was looking, he plopped the book onto the already crowded table and grabbed a sticker.

Quickly scribbling Ryan Myles on it, he slapped on the middle of his shirt and moved towards a pretty woman in yellow. He combed his hair to the side using his hand before planting a grin on his face and approached her.

"Hey Selena. Fancy seeing you here." Grin grin.
Anum is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hinkypunk
 
iBeJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,383

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Ruiz
First Year
x12 x2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmiii View Post
Ryan felt really out of place at the library. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he was in a library, not to mention the last time he checked out a book. He looked around uncertainly as people walked about, dressed in impressive outfits and some in costumes. He squinted at the table in front of him and realized he needed to make a donation. WHAT! That was just absurd.

He dug his hands in his pockets for some coins because he certainly didn't have book that he could donate. As he heard some jingling, he took his hand out excitedly and opened up his palm...7 sickles. "Dammit," he muttered to himself and then eyed the people milling around. Slowly, he made his way to one of the bookshelves in the back and quietly slipped out a book. He stuck it under his armpit and causally walked back to the media table. When he was sure no one was looking, he plopped the book onto the already crowded table and grabbed a sticker.

Quickly scribbling Ryan Myles on it, he slapped on the middle of his shirt and moved towards a pretty woman in yellow. He combed his hair to the side using his hand before planting a grin on his face and approached her.

"Hey Selena. Fancy seeing you here." Grin grin.
Selena was going to go to the food area. Food was food and Selena liked food. She loved food, especially when it was smothered with chocolate. Plus, there was no one really familiar around. Well, there were the other candidates but she didn't exactly want to talk to them. They were old and wrinkly and, honestly, just plain boring. The girl was about to wobble over to the food area in her way too tall yellow heels before she heard her name being called.

She blinked blankly at the boy with the curly hair in front of her face before she smirked. Oh, she knew this kid.

"Ryan, glad you found your way to a library," Selena said. She was surprised he even knew what it was, honestly. "And nice to see you here supporting a good cause," Selena added. Because that was all candidate-y right? It sounded all candidate-y and grown up so she figured she was doing something right here. "How are you doing today?"

See more grown up, boring chitchat. Selena was good at this.
__________________
... are you ..r ..e ..a ..d ..y.. for it?


iBeJenn is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mooncalf
 
Lezleighd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deep in the <3 of TX
Posts: 6,563

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Tris Annesley
Fifth Year
x9
Default
*RabidRavenclaw*Nymphadora!*BritneySpearsFanatic* *Eclectic*ZetaTauAlphaPrincess*TexasAngel*

Gemma walked into the Library Auction a little bit nervous. She was up for auction anyways and how embarrassing would it be if she didn't get bid on.

She walked up to the check in table in her favorite pink dress and a little pair of glitter pink wings. She called it her pixie dress so in her mind she was dress up like one of the pixies from her favorite book, Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue. She knew she would have to explain it all night but that was okay. It was probably longer than most pixies would wear, but she just loved it!

The pink pixie professor walked towards the table and laid down a book...it was a Muggle book, To Kill a Mockingbird, and then picked up a name tag and wrote her name on it and then put 'For Sale' below her name. With a little smile, she put her nametag on and headed towards the stage. She wasn't sure where she was supposed to be.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Satine walks into the room in a long flowing blue dress and a wig on her head. The wig gave her long blonde hair braided down her back. She was a little bummed that she couldn't just grow her hair that long...being a Metamorphmagus you would've thought she could...but no she could only change the color of her eyes and hair...she let out a little puff of air....but her dress and hair were a perfect Rapunzel costume.

She glanced around the room nervously as she walked in. This was the first night she would meet all of the candidates for BoG and it was her first time back to Hogwarts since her 6th year as a Ravenclaw. While walking in, she had noticed that not much had changed in six years, but it was still an odd feeling coming back in this manner.

Reaching into her blue bag, she grabbed out her book to donate. She had brought a picture book, but it was a great one...Wizard Castles and Manors from Around the World. She set the book on the table and grabbed a nametag, writing out 'Satine Farris' on the namtag in her extra curly cursive writing.
__________________

Last edited by Lezleighd; 01-14-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Lezleighd is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly: Nimmiii
Gryffindor
SS100 Triumphant
Doxy
 
Anum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: on the edge of glory
Posts: 6,031

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Izzy Way
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucy Camilla Way
Default
♥ Anissel | Mrs. O'Pry's BFF | Sweet Pea's Lassie ♥ | Laura's Mango | Tycy ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
Selena was going to go to the food area. Food was food and Selena liked food. She loved food, especially when it was smothered with chocolate. Plus, there was no one really familiar around. Well, there were the other candidates but she didn't exactly want to talk to them. They were old and wrinkly and, honestly, just plain boring. The girl was about to wobble over to the food area in her way too tall yellow heels before she heard her name being called.

She blinked blankly at the boy with the curly hair in front of her face before she smirked. Oh, she knew this kid.

"Ryan, glad you found your way to a library," Selena said. She was surprised he even knew what it was, honestly. "And nice to see you here supporting a good cause," Selena added. Because that was all candidate-y right? It sounded all candidate-y and grown up so she figured she was doing something right here. "How are you doing today?"

See more grown up, boring chitchat. Selena was good at this.
His grin expanded as she smirked at him. Remembering their earlier conversation, Ryan merely nodded at her greeting. She didn't need to know that he got lost about three times while trying to come up here.

"A good...cause?" He said slowly, looking around at all the people. Oh, right. The Board of Governors or whatever. But what did that have to do with this auction thing? He wanted to ask but was afraid she'd yell at him again for not reading the papers. Oh well, it was a lost cause anyway.
"I'm doing very well, actually. Erm, what am I supporting, exactly?" He said as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans and leaned against a nearby table. Cool as a cuke.
Anum is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #13 (permalink)


DMLE
Puffskein
 
Bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dunder Mifflin
Posts: 1,079

Ministry RPG Name:
Amidala Kit Barlow
Law Enforcement
Default

Seth, walked in dressed as his favorite fairy tale character...the Mad Hatter. From his favorite Brother's Grimm tale, Alice In Wonderland. He wasn't too familiar with much muggle stuff, but that book was one introduced by his mother.

He approached the table and grabbed a sticker paper, to write down his name:
SPOILER!!: Name Tag
Seth Ubel Aguirre a.k.a The Mad Hatter


Seth smiled at his name tag and pressed it on his, visible enough for people to see.

................

John, walked in accompanied by his 'brother-from-another-mother.' He hadn't been at Hogwarts since he graduated two years ago. Dressed as his favorite character, from his all-time favorite comic book Captain America. He walked up to the table and grabbed a name tag:

SPOILER!!: Name Tag
Johnathan Aviator Walker


He pressed it on his costume and smiled. He felt like a child, at an amusement park! xD
__________________

Last edited by Bumblebee; 01-14-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Bumblebee is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
formerly: DJ Moose
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DoM
Kappa
 
Uncle Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: INTO THE UNKNOWN
Posts: 13,442

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mark Hollis Gunter
Second Year
x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Stuart Creed
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Major Zhu
Mysteries
Default
Easily A'MOOSE'D☰Straw Hat Pirate Hufflepuffection☰Roll for Initiative

The last time Oakey was here in the Library was caught on fire by the crazy ghost last term. He was pleased to see that a lot of it was brought back to it's original state. He would have donated a book of his own but most of them were crushed and ruined during the Ancient Runes class. He was owled a very embarassing costume no doubt from GeeGee's favorite muggle book. He looked just like Klaus from A Series of Unfortunate Events
Oh and there was someone behind him...

Kathryn had not been to the Hogwarts Library since forever..Oh this was where Augustus confessed his undying love to her all those years ago! Or was that In the Owlery, or somewhere else entirely?
Never mind that it was so good of Oakey to tell her of this, and there was a certain man here who she just had to see."Oakey dear don't forget your name tag." She grabbed her reading glasses from her costume, she had dressed to match Oakey as Auntie Josephine from the same book.
She placed her glassed over her nose and quickly wrote out both hers and Oakey's tags, and slapped his onto his chest. Then she pulled the Hufflepuff boy on to go see if perhaps his current Ancient Runes found his way to the Library as well.


------------------

Warfield walked into the Hogwarts Library and looked around, He was here one reason and that was to meet candidates, and meeting people was a talent of his. Nobody was unmeetable to him. He did his research and spotted a few of the candidates already, a youthful looking girl, a very intimidating looking man, and Merlins Beard was that guy trying to impersonate him? He wasn't doing a very good job and would need to discuss with the man his appearance.
Warfield came to the table to donate a special book of his. This was a favorite book of his, it was on American Muggle History and any Muggle Studies Professor such as he once was would enjoy it. Before he left to mingle he scribbled down his name on a name tag and went off.
__________________

Last edited by Uncle Moose; 01-14-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Uncle Moose is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

DP Editor-in-chief
Puffskein
 
Erik Vinteren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,580

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erik Odin Vinteren
Graduated
Default well hello
Vinteren, Erik Vinteren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Gemma walked into the Library Auction a little bit nervous. She was up for auction anyways and how embarrassing would it be if she didn't get bid on.

She walked up to the check in table in her favorite pink dress and a little pair of glitter pink wings. She called it her pixie dress so in her mind she was dress up like one of the pixies from her favorite book, Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue. She knew she would have to explain it all night but that was okay. It was probably longer than most pixies would wear, but she just loved it!

The pink pixie professor walked towards the table and laid down a book...it was a Muggle book, To Kill a Mockingbird, and then picked up a name tag and wrote her name on it and then put 'For Sale' below her name. With a little smile, she put her nametag on and headed towards the stage. She wasn't sure where she was supposed to be.
Erik had half a mind to head toward the auction area already, as he wanted to get a good seat, but he was also thirsty, and one needed to be well-hydrated in order to mingle.

So he grabbed a drink and made a pass by the media table, pausing for a moment as he caught sight of a vision in a pink dress. He recognized this woman, despite her...costume...she had been at the feast, and had visited their table.

"Ms. Cervulean," Erik approached her with a thin smile. "How lovely it is to see you again. I don't think I had the pleasure of introducing myself last time?" He held out his free hand. "I'm Vinteren, Erik Vinteren. Board of Governors candidate."
__________________
Erik Vinteren is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,929

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Minerva bounced into the library dressed as one of her favorite childhood characters Judy B Jones. She loved this idea and hoped that others would be joining. Yes!!! Students were there already and some had great costumes. This always made her happy to see. She had heard about the fire, but tried not to think about that. She was just glad she didn't see the books on fire, she might have jumped on them to try to save them. Poor... poor books.

Getting to the table she paid the money she needed to register and set a book on the table. She knew it said one or the other, but it was the library she would help anyway she could. She had spent so much time in this place it was one of her favorite spots.

Grabbing a name tag Minerva wrote on it and placed it on her costume. Looking around she headed to the next places and figured she would find some friends to talk with, if any of them recognized her in her fun filled costume.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hinkypunk
 
iBeJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,383

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Ruiz
First Year
x12 x2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmiii View Post
His grin expanded as she smirked at him. Remembering their earlier conversation, Ryan merely nodded at her greeting. She didn't need to know that he got lost about three times while trying to come up here.

"A good...cause?" He said slowly, looking around at all the people. Oh, right. The Board of Governors or whatever. But what did that have to do with this auction thing? He wanted to ask but was afraid she'd yell at him again for not reading the papers. Oh well, it was a lost cause anyway.
"I'm doing very well, actually. Erm, what am I supporting, exactly?" He said as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans and leaned against a nearby table. Cool as a cuke.
Did he really not know why he was here? Selena stared at him. He definitely looked clueless. Even Selena wasn't that clueless about anything... not even Muggle Studies and that stuff was confusing. The former Slytherin tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"Yes. A good cause," Selena said, gesturing to the stuff around them. Auction, donation, books; did it not sound like a good cause or whatever? Did he still not learn how to pick up a newspaper and read? Apparently so because he was asking a ridiculous question. "Where were you the past year?" Because Selena knew what had happened and she didn't even go to Hogwarts.

Did he really not know though? Or was he just saying it? Selena let out a sigh, straightened her blazer and kept a smile on her face. There was press. There was going to be photos. She was not going to lose it or anything. "The reference section was destroyed last term, so we're raising money to help renovate the library through donations and the auction," Selena explained. She had donated a pygmy puff and was expecting everyone to bid on him. "Do you plan on bidding on anything?" Pygmy puff? Yes. Of course.
__________________
... are you ..r ..e ..a ..d ..y.. for it?


iBeJenn is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #18 (permalink)




DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,156

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sterling Archer Calrissian
Seventh Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kara Valentina St. Cloud
Daily Prophet
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Boxes of books were heavy, it was just a fact of life. So, why on Earth had Roxanne decided to bring one to the fundraiser? After all, they had only asked for one. Truth was, she really didn't know herself. Make room on her bookshelves for new books? Anyway, it was done and that was that.

She placed the box with the other book donations, then opened up her purse for her monetary contribution. 10,000 galleons. Yes, it was a lot, but it was for a good cause and she was nowhere near hurting for money. She placed her donation with the others then moved on. Past the name tags, because why would she want to mess up her pretty dress? Besides, if someone wanted to know her name, they could just ask. It wasn't like she bit or anything.


Sky came in behind her aunt, dressed as her favorite character and carrying her own pile of books for donation. And shaking her head at Roxanne Carter, or 'Aunt Roxi' as the teen called her. Honestly, how had she missed the memo that it was a costume party? Was she that deep into her work at the Ministry? This would probably be a good thing for her then. A chance to unwind somewhat.

Sky placed the stack of encyclopedias next to her aunt's box, then whipped out her own purse. Picking out ten galleons, she placed them in the appropriate spot, wrote her name on a tag, stuck it on, then followed the woman into the party.
__________________
I'm that one, I am that one like Keanu Reeves

They can't leave us hangin' no, no, not no more, best believe
lazykitty is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mooncalf
 
Lezleighd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deep in the <3 of TX
Posts: 6,563

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Tris Annesley
Fifth Year
x9
Default
*RabidRavenclaw*Nymphadora!*BritneySpearsFanatic* *Eclectic*ZetaTauAlphaPrincess*TexasAngel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Vinteren View Post
Erik had half a mind to head toward the auction area already, as he wanted to get a good seat, but he was also thirsty, and one needed to be well-hydrated in order to mingle.

So he grabbed a drink and made a pass by the media table, pausing for a moment as he caught sight of a vision in a pink dress. He recognized this woman, despite her...costume...she had been at the feast, and had visited their table.

"Ms. Cervulean," Erik approached her with a thin smile. "How lovely it is to see you again. I don't think I had the pleasure of introducing myself last time?" He held out his free hand. "I'm Vinteren, Erik Vinteren. Board of Governors candidate."
Gemma glanced up when she heard her name and she instantly recognized the man as one of the men from the BoG table at the feast...she searched her brain for his name...and was very relieved when he introduced himself. She held out her right hand and smiled, "O yes, Mr. Vinteren....pleasure to meet you officially." she smiled and then cocked her head to the side and raised her right eyebrow a little as she took in what he was wearing, "I'm guessing from the introduction, dashing smile, and exquisite suit that were wishing you had a martini...shaken not stirred." she said with a little smile.

Seeing the drinks table and coveting after the mans, she said, "Would you mind accompanying me to the drinks table, I'm parched..." she said as she motioned to the table.
__________________
Lezleighd is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

DP Editor-in-chief
Puffskein
 
Erik Vinteren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: London
Posts: 1,580

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erik Odin Vinteren
Graduated
Default
Vinteren, Erik Vinteren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Gemma glanced up when she heard her name and she instantly recognized the man as one of the men from the BoG table at the feast...she searched her brain for his name...and was very relieved when he introduced himself. She held out her right hand and smiled, "O yes, Mr. Vinteren....pleasure to meet you officially." she smiled and then cocked her head to the side and raised her right eyebrow a little as she took in what he was wearing, "I'm guessing from the introduction, dashing smile, and exquisite suit that were wishing you had a martini...shaken not stirred." she said with a little smile.

Seeing the drinks table and coveting after the mans, she said, "Would you mind accompanying me to the drinks table, I'm parched..." she said as she motioned to the table.
Erik took her hand and in lieu of shaking it, brought it to his lips for a soft kiss. "Charmed, I'm sure," he smiled back. He let her hand go and straightened up as she tried to place his costume. It should be obvious, no, that he was the greatest guy spy ever?

"Ah, you got it," the light-haired man laughed. "And you must be some kind ov... fairy?" Hopefully that was correct. He hated being mistaken.

He did offer the professor his arm though, and gestured for her to lead the way back to the drinks table.
__________________
Erik Vinteren is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #21 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT

Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,155

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cassandra McNally
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Having been staying back in Britain for various duties, Addison had noticed the announcement of the fundraiser within the pages of the Daily Prophet. A fundraiser to support Hogwart's library...the library that he had heard from Fina had been damaged last term due to certain events. A good cause if there ever was one and after thinking about it, the cursebreaker decided to attend the event. All that had remained was the decision on what book character to go as.

On the day in question however...one Addison Nairne, cursebreaker, was replaced by a facimile of Allan Quartermain, adventurer. The former Hufflepuff back on school grounds where he hadn't been for so many years, book in hand to donate for his admission fee. He hadn't even mentioned his attendance, figuring to surprise the woman should they run into each other while he was there.

One 'Curses of the Alacameron Tribe and Other South American Ventures' placed on the table that was clearly there for that purpose by the various tomes already there, Addison looked around. Finding the nametags, he obediantly filled one out and stuck it to his rugged jacket before lingering around the tables.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #22 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,219

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default For anyone :)
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Ella had heard all about the whole burning library nightmare and was happy to give money towards its reconstruction. Besides, this was an excuse to dress up as someone she was really interested in ever since Sir Treyen sent her her birthday gift. Today, Ella got a chance to be Nancy Drew! The blonde was quite excited about this and she held her magnifying glass with a smile as she headed towards the large table.

Oh...name tags? The fifteen year old filled hers out and stuck it to her blazer with a small smile before smoothing her skirt. Oh and she should give her donation, yeah? The blonde gave her eight sickles with a smile as she couldn't bring herself to give up any of her precious books. The badger had her own sort of mini library out of the trunk in her dorm and she needed books just as much as the library did. Mhmmm...

Now to look around for some company.
__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's



DMT & DMGS
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,305

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Fifth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Atticus T. Zeller
Atticus's Attic
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Ethan was not much of a reader, if he were to be perfectly honest, so he wasn't entirely sure who to dress up as for this fundraiser thing. He soon decided that perhaps Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice was the closest thing to a favorite character and he attempted to put together some clothes that remotely resembled attire from Victorian England.

He walked up to the table and frowned a little. Book donation.. He certainly didn't have a problem with that, but he had already donated almost a dozen books right at the start of term. He sorta wished he had held on to one for the purpose of bringing it today. No matter.. he dug into his pockets and pulled out 8 shiny sickles, depositing them into the container. The sixth year then grabbed a nametag and wrote on it Ethan McCarthy (Mr. Darcy). He wasn't sure anyone would know just by looking.

Attaching the nametag to the front of his waistcoat, the sixth year ventured further inside. He looked around at all the people in costume, trying to figure out who they were and not sure if he recognized anyone.
__________________

Last edited by emjay; 01-14-2013 at 03:07 AM.
emjay is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #24 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,189

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Presley Victoria Stark
Fifth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Donned in a black suit with a white shirt and dress tie, Alexander Greingoth entered the fundraiser. Of course he did this with his lovely wife, Professor Hecate Lafay, on his arm. He turned and smiled at her, as if no other woman in the room mattered. He then retrieved a pre-written check from his pocket. It was for himself, his wife, and their oldest daughter, and was of course written for more than the required donation for entering. "I would have donated what they needed," he half-complained, "but the fundraiser is nice, too. I'm guessing the candidates are out, ready to put on a political show." He smirked at this. Politics, he understood, although he thought it was humorous when he was simply watching and not in the midst of things.

Sierra Greingoth entered just behind her parents. She was old enough to know by know that they entered first, and then she entered quietly behind. Why it was so important that she attended this was beyond her. Wasn't it really just for the adults? Her father was paying for her donation anyway. She sighed and fidgeted with her blue dress. She felt silly in this "Alice in Wonderland" costume. It was so not her style.
__________________
Feeling cute..._________________________________

_____________________...might earn some points later. idk.

Last edited by Anna Banana; 01-14-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #25 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,617

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default BoG Candidate. ^_^ If you want him.
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Carter walked in dressed as only the most elusive character in the history of books. That's right - he was dressed as Waldo.

He smiled over at his wife before dropping a set of Where's Waldo books and a bag of galleons on the table. That was enough to get them in. And then some. And then the books were... for... entertainment. Libraries need fun, right? He would have been to the library more often if they had fun books in it.

Plus... he just really liked Waldo. And it might have been due to the fact that he and Destiny used to spend hours finding Waldo when they first started dating. They went through the entire series rather quickly actually.

And look! Now they were married. Which... made him smile more.

He leaned over the table and scribbled "Carter" on a name tag.

"Want me to do yours too, Des?" he asked. Hopefully she'd say no. Otherwise, she'd be walking around with a huge Mrs. Phillips. ... and he figured she'd rather be called Destiny than "Mrs."
__________________
LilFox06 is offline  
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190