sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 183 users online including...
iwilligpaul , sweetpinkpixie , Shanners , tiuttintifa , noinojere , Lady of Light , sbowsbows , 2111jen , FrankGLACK , atawatesjoaq

16 members
167 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side


South Side From Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Madam Primpernelle's, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Butterbeer Cart


Has all of your shopping worn you out and left you in need of some hydration? From the south side of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is quite a trek, especially when the cobbled street has exploded with witches, wizards, and children alike. Do not fret, however. A crimson red cart, stationed between Janus Galloglass and Noltie's Botanical Novelties, with golden lettering spelling out 'BUTTERBEER' is here to save the day! For many years, an old witch has been taking advantage of this spot and has provided many with a refreshing sugary butterscotch concoction and even a tasty snack.

Early in the morning, the old witch rolls out her cart and remains at her usual spot until the sun goes down. For just a Galleon, you can enjoy a mug of the finest Butterbeer in London. During the summer months, one can purchase a frozen Butterbeer; whereas in the frigid winter it can be bought warm. But drinks is not all that there is to offer -- for just a handful of Sickles, some Butterbeer-flavoured fudge, potted cream, or ice cream can be enjoyed.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Kneazle
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 22,222

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dorian Katharos
Sixth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Open post~
Always keep the faith//~~Duckies~~// Non timebo mala

One of the best parts in Diagon Alley was the butterbeer cart in Dorian's opinion. He did not really like butterbeer though he did occasionally drink it, but the old witch's cart was something irreplaceable. Diagon Alley would not be the same if the cart dissapeared.

Holding his shopping bags in one hand, the Ravenclaw checked his pockets and pulled out a couple of sickles and two knuts. Not enough to make a Galleon to buy a refreshing butterbeer... He hated being poor. What was the point of being rich in other ways like his father repeatedly said when he couldn't even buy a butterbeer?!
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,443

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Declan!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

It was July. Why was she shopping in... July?

Rylee being Rylee wanted to get her school supplies purchased and completely out of the way nice and early. That way any other coins she earned from her babysitting or doing chores could be added straight into her 'Don't Touch This' fund. She was saving up for something special and wanted to be able to buy it all on her own. Not every coin she earned was being saved though... some was being used for fun. Like on candy, nail polish, hanging around with her friends, books and funding her plant work.

So with her charmed to be weightless bag slung over her shoulder, the fourteen year old headed for the Butterbeer cart. She was in need of a small break and could really go for some ice cream. Or maybe some fudge. It was always tough trying to decide what to get. Unless one of the choices was sugar quills. Than there was no other option.

As she got closer and moved to join the very short line, which honestly surprised her, she took note of who was standing right in front of her. "Declan! Hi!" Rylee giggled knowing he would know who was talking to him right away without even having to look at her.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Kneazle
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 22,222

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dorian Katharos
Sixth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Always keep the faith//~~Duckies~~// Non timebo mala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
It was July. Why was she shopping in... July?

Rylee being Rylee wanted to get her school supplies purchased and completely out of the way nice and early. That way any other coins she earned from her babysitting or doing chores could be added straight into her 'Don't Touch This' fund. She was saving up for something special and wanted to be able to buy it all on her own. Not every coin she earned was being saved though... some was being used for fun. Like on candy, nail polish, hanging around with her friends, books and funding her plant work.

So with her charmed to be weightless bag slung over her shoulder, the fourteen year old headed for the Butterbeer cart. She was in need of a small break and could really go for some ice cream. Or maybe some fudge. It was always tough trying to decide what to get. Unless one of the choices was sugar quills. Than there was no other option.

As she got closer and moved to join the very short line, which honestly surprised her, she took note of who was standing right in front of her. "Declan! Hi!" Rylee giggled knowing he would know who was talking to him right away without even having to look at her.
While searching for more money in his pockets, the short line in front of the cart got even shorter in a matter of a minute and still he couldn't find enough for a butterbeer. With a small sigh, he decided he would just buy some candy because he refused to get out of line by now.

Taking a step closer to the cart, Dorian held his money in his hand when he heard a voice directly behind him. Declan. Should he turn around? He knew that it was Rylee. Only she called him that as part of an inner joke they had between them. "Hi Rosie" he greeted back though he had not turned around yet because it was his turn to pay. He told the old witch that he wanted some butterbeer flavoured fudge and handed her the money. Only when he got what he came for, or rather the second option, he popped a fudge in his mouth and grinned at Rylee. "What are you getting?"
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,443

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Dorian!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

With every step taken, the cart was drawing nearer and nearer. Yet she still had no idea which treat she was going to go with today. Why was it always so hard to choose.

Rylee smiled brightly when Dorian went along with their inside joke and greeted her as Rosie. It was funny how something so simple stuck with them even after several terms and no one really knew about it but them. And a very special house elf back at Hogwarts. "I have n-" the teen began to reply only now it was her turn and she needed to decide fast. "I would like some butterbeer fudge please." Laughing softly at her own last second decision she handed over the coins to the old witch taking her fudge in return.

Stepping out of the way of the cart she grinned at Dorian. "I guess I got some fudge. I always have trouble choosing just one sweet." As everyone likely knew she had a sweet tooth. Plus by getting the fudge she could bring some home for Reese and Saros. "How's break treating you?" Got to be better than their previous term at school, hm?
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Kneazle
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 22,222

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dorian Katharos
Sixth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Always keep the faith//~~Duckies~~// Non timebo mala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
With every step taken, the cart was drawing nearer and nearer. Yet she still had no idea which treat she was going to go with today. Why was it always so hard to choose.

Rylee smiled brightly when Dorian went along with their inside joke and greeted her as Rosie. It was funny how something so simple stuck with them even after several terms and no one really knew about it but them. And a very special house elf back at Hogwarts. "I have n-" the teen began to reply only now it was her turn and she needed to decide fast. "I would like some butterbeer fudge please." Laughing softly at her own last second decision she handed over the coins to the old witch taking her fudge in return.

Stepping out of the way of the cart she grinned at Dorian. "I guess I got some fudge. I always have trouble choosing just one sweet." As everyone likely knew she had a sweet tooth. Plus by getting the fudge she could bring some home for Reese and Saros. "How's break treating you?" Got to be better than their previous term at school, hm?
Although he had not seen her face yet, Dorian could feel that she was smiling. Their inner joke with their false names was something that they had kept up for years now. After buying his sweets, Dorian watched as Rylee ordered the same thing and grinned back as he took a bite from a butterbeer fudge. "Next time when you have trouble choosing one sweet, buy them all" he laughed. He was only half joking. If she had the money than she could. He wouldn't be able to do that even if he wanted to. Sigh.

"Oh its fine" he anwered with a shrug of his shoulders. "I didn't go out much this summer though, i prefered to stay inside the House. My dad did not like that though, he kept trying to push me outside" he shook his head. "Sometimes literally trying to push me out of the front door"

"Are you a having a good summer vacation?"
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,443

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Dorian!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Indeed she was smiling. She was almost always smiling. Especially now that it was summer break and she was away from all things Hogwarts related. It sure was nice being able to relax without someone always watching over your shoulder or wondering what insane rule she might be breaking at the moment.

With the small box of fudge in her hands, Rylee broke off a little piece nibbling at it. "Mm, that's one of the worst things to tell me... cause I would totally do that," she laughed softly. In fact she had done that. Many times. Lately though she had become much more cautious about spending her own coins. More and more of her coins was put away for something she was still saving up for.

"Well I can't say I blame him really... sure staying inside and relaxing with a good book or playing some videos is great.." Two things she herself did during the break. "But so is getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. Not to mention you still need to come visit me!" Now that that was on the forefront of her mind she would have to set up a visit really soon.

Rylee took another small bite of her butterbeer fudge, which was seriously amazing by the way. "Mhmm, I'm mostly keeping busy with my normal activities but finding time for family and friends as well. Went to Norway for a few days with Reese to meet a friend he went to school with for a bit." Which she had to admit had been one of the best times she had ever had, minus her brother having an allergic reaction to one of the creatures they met but no one wanted to talk about that.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Potterdom Mod

DMAC & DMC


Centaur
 
Shanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 42,550

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Odaline Buchanan
Second Year

x7 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theophilus Darcy
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Galilea Grimaldi
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Default hi this is open
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Galilea stopped at this cart every day to get herself a butterbeer, and once a week she picked up some fudge too. If she had her son with her, then he got his own but today.. she was alone. But she had a butterbeer and had a successful business meeting under her belt for today. Things were rolling, the ball was rolling in the plans she'd had for years and she was excited for the future.

Fitz would be proud of his Mum, at least.
__________________

Bathing in the thunder, just because I make it LOUD, _____________________
you don't ever have to wonder,_________ I'm not trying to steal your crown
Shanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
England National Team Player
Dugbog
 
Pete Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 115
Default

Pete may have been faithfully training for quidditch, but that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy a treat every now and then. One butterbeer definitely couldn't hurt, which was why he'd made his way to the butterbeer cart on the south end of Diagon Alley. He'd briefly considered the butterbeer ice cream, but settled in just a butterbeer in the end.

It was a nice day; not too cold but not too hot either. Not bad weather to wait in line to order his butterbeer. Or to linger around the cart to sip it slowly, enjoying the atmosphere of the alley. He definitely wouldn't mind a chat either, if someone happened by for their own treat.
__________________
Pete Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,006

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default we fancy a chat, yes :3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
Pete may have been faithfully training for quidditch, but that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy a treat every now and then. One butterbeer definitely couldn't hurt, which was why he'd made his way to the butterbeer cart on the south end of Diagon Alley. He'd briefly considered the butterbeer ice cream, but settled in just a butterbeer in the end.

It was a nice day; not too cold but not too hot either. Not bad weather to wait in line to order his butterbeer. Or to linger around the cart to sip it slowly, enjoying the atmosphere of the alley. He definitely wouldn't mind a chat either, if someone happened by for their own treat.
Did she fancy a treat? Not in the least but she did just so happen to be wandering by. With training over and the World Cup underway one Zinnia Shacklebolt was even more restrictive in her diet and that even included the friend chicken Cassius would still attempt to tempt her with. It was rather unfortunate given that she was still the poster girl for the one fried chicken chain of restaurants, but sure they would understand. And if they did not, well, her publicist would handle it while Zinnia focused on her Bulgarian quidditch robes.

"Careful, Snow," she said coyly, both her eyes and tone clearly teasing. She respected him as a fellow quidditch player, but that did not mean she was above a bit of banter with the opposition. "Wouldn't want to knock you off your form." She was very familiar with his skills as a keeper and he had been insufferably on point during the match against her team in which the Tornadoes squeaked by with a victory over her team by a measly ten points. She would still blame Jahan for missing that last shot in that match. It was easy to push blame on the rookie. "Though, seeing as England completely annihilated China that first match...suppose you think you have a bit of room to let loose."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
England National Team Player
Dugbog
 
Pete Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post


Did she fancy a treat? Not in the least but she did just so happen to be wandering by. With training over and the World Cup underway one Zinnia Shacklebolt was even more restrictive in her diet and that even included the friend chicken Cassius would still attempt to tempt her with. It was rather unfortunate given that she was still the poster girl for the one fried chicken chain of restaurants, but sure they would understand. And if they did not, well, her publicist would handle it while Zinnia focused on her Bulgarian quidditch robes.

"Careful, Snow," she said coyly, both her eyes and tone clearly teasing. She respected him as a fellow quidditch player, but that did not mean she was above a bit of banter with the opposition. "Wouldn't want to knock you off your form." She was very familiar with his skills as a keeper and he had been insufferably on point during the match against her team in which the Tornadoes squeaked by with a victory over her team by a measly ten points. She would still blame Jahan for missing that last shot in that match. It was easy to push blame on the rookie. "Though, seeing as England completely annihilated China that first match...suppose you think you have a bit of room to let loose."
Pete had been looking in the other direction before he heard his own name coming from somewhere nearby. He turned, smiling a little as he spotted a familiar face. "Everyone deserves a little treat every now and then, Shacklebolt." He knew how some quidditch players - or athletes in general - were, the obsession with health and diet. Not that he was much different himself. He took his training very seriously, but he didn't have a problem with treating himself every so often.

"Call this a celebration, then." He said it with a grin, memories of that game now flashing through his mind. England had performed really well, if he did say so himself. He didn't want to get overconfident, but he was feeling really good about their chances in this Cup. "Care to join me?"
__________________
Pete Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,006

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
Pete had been looking in the other direction before he heard his own name coming from somewhere nearby. He turned, smiling a little as he spotted a familiar face. "Everyone deserves a little treat every now and then, Shacklebolt." He knew how some quidditch players - or athletes in general - were, the obsession with health and diet. Not that he was much different himself. He took his training very seriously, but he didn't have a problem with treating himself every so often.

"Call this a celebration, then." He said it with a grin, memories of that game now flashing through his mind. England had performed really well, if he did say so himself. He didn't want to get overconfident, but he was feeling really good about their chances in this Cup. "Care to join me?"
Pleased to be recognized, it was a pride and respect thing when it came to quidditch for her. If your name was not in the mouths of your opposition then you may as well snap your broom in two and retire. "Every now and then," nods in agreement. Whether or not her now was, in fact, now was still hanging in the air as it were.

She had other plans for celebrating making it through the Round of 16, and no one truly celebrated quite like Bulgaria...except maybe the Irish...so she was quite satisfied on that front. "Are you paying?" asks, suggests rather, coyly.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
England National Team Player
Dugbog
 
Pete Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Pleased to be recognized, it was a pride and respect thing when it came to quidditch for her. If your name was not in the mouths of your opposition then you may as well snap your broom in two and retire. "Every now and then," nods in agreement. Whether or not her now was, in fact, now was still hanging in the air as it were.

She had other plans for celebrating making it through the Round of 16, and no one truly celebrated quite like Bulgaria...except maybe the Irish...so she was quite satisfied on that front. "Are you paying?" asks, suggests rather, coyly.
Of course Pete knew her name. If you didn't properly know your opponents, then you weren't properly prepared to face them. So he generally made it a point to know names, especially when the person behind the name was attractive. Then it was important for several reasons.

"So why not now, then?" He asked with a smile. He flipped a galleon in the air at the mention of paying. "Of course. What kind of a man would I be if I invited you to have a butterbeer with me without treating you to it?"
__________________
Pete Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,006

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
Of course Pete knew her name. If you didn't properly know your opponents, then you weren't properly prepared to face them. So he generally made it a point to know names, especially when the person behind the name was attractive. Then it was important for several reasons.

"So why not now, then?" He asked with a smile. He flipped a galleon in the air at the mention of paying. "Of course. What kind of a man would I be if I invited you to have a butterbeer with me without treating you to it?"
Say that attractive line to her face so she should use it for motivation the next time she took a shot at the hoops he was defending. Do it.

Or not. It was spare him the embarrassment of a public tongue lashing.

Zinnia could not help but roll her eyes at the galleon display. Especially with it attached to that particular line. "The sort that knows I am perfectly capable of paying for my own butterbeer," points out with a smirk, reaching out to snatch that galleon from the air before it could land back in his palm. Not exactly keeper speed reflexes, but still impressive. "I have not indulged in a cheat this week, so I suppose I could indulge you." Holds that galleon back up to him between her index and middle finger. "Better make it worth my time, Snow."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 03-28-2019 at 05:08 AM.
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
England National Team Player
Dugbog
 
Pete Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Say that attractive line to her face so she should use it for motivation the next time she took a shot at the hoops he was defending. Do it.

Or not. It was spare him the embarrassment of a public tongue lashing.

Zinnia could not help but roll her eyes at the galleon display. Especially with it attached to that particular line. "The sort that knows I am perfectly capable of paying for my own butterbeer," points out with a smirk, reaching out to snatch that galleon from the air before it could land back in his palm. Not exactly keeper speed reflexes, but still impressive. "I have not indulged in a cheat this week, so I suppose I could indulge you." Holds that galleon back up to him between her index and middle finger. "Better make it worth my time, Snow."
There was a reason he hadn't said it out loud. He wasn't dumb. Nor did he have a death wish.

"I never claimed you weren't." He said it with an easy smile and a sip of his own butterbeer. "Just pointing out that it would only be proper of me to pay since I invited you to join me." And he was pleased that she seemed to be taking him up on his offer. Though he still wasn't quite sure on where they had landed in regard to whether or not he was paying. "That's a lot of pressure to live up to your standards." Was he doubting himself? No, not really. Mostly just making a joke.
__________________
Pete Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,006

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
There was a reason he hadn't said it out loud. He wasn't dumb. Nor did he have a death wish.

"I never claimed you weren't." He said it with an easy smile and a sip of his own butterbeer. "Just pointing out that it would only be proper of me to pay since I invited you to join me." And he was pleased that she seemed to be taking him up on his offer. Though he still wasn't quite sure on where they had landed in regard to whether or not he was paying. "That's a lot of pressure to live up to your standards." Was he doubting himself? No, not really. Mostly just making a joke.
He had the sort of manners that her grandmother would approve of, which was disappointing to a certain degree but Zinnia was more than willing to ignore that detail. The fact that he was a quidditch player overruled most everything else anyway. "I get the next round then," says easily in that case. So, yes. Snow. You could pay for a butterbeer this time. "What can I say? I like keeping people on their toes," she laughed in an entirely unapologetic tone.

The World Cup was doing amazing things to her spirit. So easy to get lost in the hype and the energy. So easy to forget just about everything else.

In fact, to match his own little attempt at humor, she peeked under the table at his shoes which were - naturally - planted flat to the ground.


"Hmmm..." she mused while lifting her chocolate gaze back towards him. "Interesting."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
England National Team Player
Dugbog
 
Pete Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He had the sort of manners that her grandmother would approve of, which was disappointing to a certain degree but Zinnia was more than willing to ignore that detail. The fact that he was a quidditch player overruled most everything else anyway. "I get the next round then," says easily in that case. So, yes. Snow. You could pay for a butterbeer this time. "What can I say? I like keeping people on their toes," she laughed in an entirely unapologetic tone.

The World Cup was doing amazing things to her spirit. So easy to get lost in the hype and the energy. So easy to forget just about everything else.

In fact, to match his own little attempt at humor, she peeked under the table at his shoes which were - naturally - planted flat to the ground.


"Hmmm..." she mused while lifting her chocolate gaze back towards him. "Interesting."
"Does that mean you'll be staying for a second round?" He asked with a small smile. It had been hard enough to convince her to join him for just one drink. He handed the galleon to the witch manning the cart in exchange for Zinnia's butterbeer.

Why was she looking at his feet? Oh, right, keeping people on their toes. Well yes, his were firmly planted. And he was currently eager to discuss quidditch with someone who loved it as much as he did. "Who do you think is going to be in the finals?"
__________________
Pete Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,006

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
"Does that mean you'll be staying for a second round?" He asked with a small smile. It had been hard enough to convince her to join him for just one drink. He handed the galleon to the witch manning the cart in exchange for Zinnia's butterbeer.

Why was she looking at his feet? Oh, right, keeping people on their toes. Well yes, his were firmly planted. And he was currently eager to discuss quidditch with someone who loved it as much as he did. "Who do you think is going to be in the finals?"
Smiles a bit to herself, allowing a tiny twinkle to grace her warm chocolate eyes. "We will see if that means today or another time," answers vaguely. Perhaps a round of victory butterbeers would be in order. Or something a bit more stiff. She would, most likely, be in favor of the latter.

She caught the boyish look down at his feet, a confused sort of gesture that reminded her very much of the way Cassius behaved when it took him far too long to catch on to her logical teasing. "I suppose if it cannot be Bulgaria for the Cup...I would prefer it be England over India." Only because she was still bitter in their loss to the team. India was...good though. There was no denying that. "You'll have to be on your best form against them. Better than that first match against them in the group stage." England's only loss in the whole tournament thus far. "Learn to anticipate the backspin shots better."

That was more than a suggestion.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #19 (permalink)


DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,711

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aoife Ní Fearghail
First Year
Default Open
Fluttery Pegasi

There was no grander drink in world than butterbeer in Aoife's adolescent mind. She didn't need to try all the drinks that exist to know this, it was quare self-evident. And that's why, this summer, like all the previous summers since Liam got his letter and opened the world of magic to them, the Butterbeer cart was her first stop. Even with the excitement and anticipation of getting her very own wand, or rather, because of it, Aoife stopped here first. She needed a moment, at least, to compose herself and get control of her excitement. It probably wasn't a grand idea to annoy the wandmaker; you'd be likely to end up with a poor excuse of a wand.

Aoife passed coins to the old witch as the old witch passed her a mug, and found a quiet place to sit, tucked under a bit of shade. The taste of Butterbeer was even better than she remembered. It always was. It was the only thing Aoife knew that always surpassed her memory of it, as she was prone to build things up grander than they were in her memory. When she was done with her first sip, the mug half empty now, and an impressive foam mustache secretly decorating her upper lip, Aoife set the mug down next to her and pulled out her sketch book and flipped it open to a new page. People watching was fine and all, but trying to capture the chaos of Diagon Alley was a goal of hers three years running now.
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:41 PM   #20 (permalink)



DMGS & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,502

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eleanor Smethwyck
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Jacob Radford
Games & Sports
Default *claims*
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Aoife passed coins to the old witch as the old witch passed her a mug, and found a quiet place to sit, tucked under a bit of shade. The taste of Butterbeer was even better than she remembered. It always was. It was the only thing Aoife knew that always surpassed her memory of it, as she was prone to build things up grander than they were in her memory. When she was done with her first sip, the mug half empty now, and an impressive foam mustache secretly decorating her upper lip, Aoife set the mug down next to her and pulled out her sketch book and flipped it open to a new page. People watching was fine and all, but trying to capture the chaos of Diagon Alley was a goal of hers three years running now.
She needed a treat, and since it just so happened that she was wandering by a butterbeer selling cart she decided to stop. She still had several hours before she needed to meet her stepmother at the Leaky Cauldron anyway. With lots of items to still check off her Hogwarts supply list Eleanor Smewthwyck of thirteen years took her place in the cart queue behind two elderly witches that we’re arguing about something she didn’t understand. When she finally reached the old witch, after some waiting she bought herself a pack of butterbeer tasting fudge candy and a mug of newly brewed butterbeer. Eyes looking around for a place to sit, preferably in the shade since it was a hot day her eyes landed on girl about her age or slightly younger with a hard to miss butterbeer mustache, and her nose in a sketch book.

Wandering over to the girl, Ellie questioned as she stopped a feet from the table with a small smile "Hi! Is the butter tasting so good that you wanted to save some for later?" Gesturing to the sketchbook more than the table she added on ”Can i join you? I don’t want to be stuck sitting with some elder women who are gossiping about their neighbors or staring at me funnily."
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)


DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,711

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aoife Ní Fearghail
First Year
Default
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
She needed a treat, and since it just so happened that she was wandering by a butterbeer selling cart she decided to stop. She still had several hours before she needed to meet her stepmother at the Leaky Cauldron anyway. With lots of items to still check off her Hogwarts supply list Eleanor Smewthwyck of thirteen years took her place in the cart queue behind two elderly witches that we’re arguing about something she didn’t understand. When she finally reached the old witch, after some waiting she bought herself a pack of butterbeer tasting fudge candy and a mug of newly brewed butterbeer. Eyes looking around for a place to sit, preferably in the shade since it was a hot day her eyes landed on girl about her age or slightly younger with a hard to miss butterbeer mustache, and her nose in a sketch book.

Wandering over to the girl, Ellie questioned as she stopped a feet from the table with a small smile "Hi! Is the butter tasting so good that you wanted to save some for later?" Gesturing to the sketchbook more than the table she added on ”Can i join you? I don’t want to be stuck sitting with some elder women who are gossiping about their neighbors or staring at me funnily."
Aoife glanced up from her, admittedly, mediocre sketch of the craziness that is Diagon Alley in the summer, then glanced over at her half finished Butterbeer. Truthfully, she hadn't been saving it, so much as hadn't finished it yet. Only then did she realize the girl had been looking at her lip, not the mug. Aoife quickly touched her her lip, confirming, that yes, she did indeed have a butterbeer mustache.

Blushing slightly, Aoife reached for a napkin, then paused, thought better of it, and quickly hid her mouth behind a hand so the girl wouldn't actually see her lick her upper lip clean. Because, yes, like the girl said, it was that good tasting. Only then did Aoife use a napkin to dry her lip.

She eyed the girl suspiciously. "Well, now, how do y'know I won' be gossipin' about my own neighbors?" Aoife dropped the charade and broke into a friendly smile, scooting over slightly as an inviting gesture. It's wasn't necessarily as there had been plenty of space.

"I'm Aoife --if you were curious."
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,871

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default patrick dooooooleeeeeeeyyyyy
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

It was not unusual to see Evan Eastwood in Diagon Alley lately, despite the fact she lived in a whole other country, she'd found herself coming here more than twice a week since summer started. Yeah, they had places like this back home... but it wasn't the same. Diagon was far and above anything and everything they had back in the states.

Not that the Ravenclaw was about to start shouting that out for anyone to hear. She had to keep the american dream alive. the long-limbed teen had popped over today to a) get away from her mom and her girlfriend, and b) to grab some butterbeer and people watch (maybe she should have invited Nova along.... ). Evan tapped her foot as she waited in line, her cut-off jeans and agromantula cropped shirt were too hot for an English summer, but she didn't really mind (her goose-pimpled skin begged to differ), it was worth it for the comfort the loose clothes supplied.

Anyway, anyway. Patiently impatient, Evan waited for her turn.
__________________
keep quiet.
big boys don't cry.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:24 AM   #23 (permalink)



DMGS
Hinkypunk
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,156

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
It was not unusual to see Evan Eastwood in Diagon Alley lately, despite the fact she lived in a whole other country, she'd found herself coming here more than twice a week since summer started. Yeah, they had places like this back home... but it wasn't the same. Diagon was far and above anything and everything they had back in the states.

Not that the Ravenclaw was about to start shouting that out for anyone to hear. She had to keep the american dream alive. the long-limbed teen had popped over today to a) get away from her mom and her girlfriend, and b) to grab some butterbeer and people watch (maybe she should have invited Nova along.... ). Evan tapped her foot as she waited in line, her cut-off jeans and agromantula cropped shirt were too hot for an English summer, but she didn't really mind (her goose-pimpled skin begged to differ), it was worth it for the comfort the loose clothes supplied.

Anyway, anyway. Patiently impatient, Evan waited for her turn.
Food, drink, something. He needed something. He was so tired of sitting in his mamas office. There were only so many books he could alphabetize for her before he wanted to die. That was worse torture than that term with the headmaster whose name he never wanted to remember ever again. He was just about to pass his favorite American student at the butterbeer cart.

He laughed a bit noticing that she was absolutely 100% not dressed for these English summer days. He had left the shorts and T-shirts with his grandparents in their sweltering heat of Kentucky. Here he had on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt knowing full and well he may need a sweatshirt at some point. Summer... ha.

Deciding he’d see what she was up to he stood behind her. He didn’t say anything at first. Thinking he would be that odd friend who never said anything until you noticed them. But to his dismay, unless she turned all the way around she would never spot him. Guess now was as good as time as any to speak up, “I thought you’d be back in the states for the summer. But it’s good to see you.” he shoved his hands in his jean pockets a bit nervous since he hadn’t talked to her in forever. A small smile shining on his face.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,871

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Food, drink, something. He needed something. He was so tired of sitting in his mamas office. There were only so many books he could alphabetize for her before he wanted to die. That was worse torture than that term with the headmaster whose name he never wanted to remember ever again. He was just about to pass his favorite American student at the butterbeer cart.

He laughed a bit noticing that she was absolutely 100% not dressed for these English summer days. He had left the shorts and T-shirts with his grandparents in their sweltering heat of Kentucky. Here he had on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt knowing full and well he may need a sweatshirt at some point. Summer... ha.

Deciding he’d see what she was up to he stood behind her. He didn’t say anything at first. Thinking he would be that odd friend who never said anything until you noticed them. But to his dismay, unless she turned all the way around she would never spot him. Guess now was as good as time as any to speak up, “I thought you’d be back in the states for the summer. But it’s good to see you.” he shoved his hands in his jean pockets a bit nervous since he hadn’t talked to her in forever. A small smile shining on his face.
He was right. She wouldn't have noticed him at all, for her mind was set and determined on the prize of a refreshing butterbeer- all that warm, buttery, sugary goodness Evan had missed more than she could say. The Ravenclaw-Thunderbird half turned, fully expecting the voice to be directed perhaps to the young woman before her- but it wasn't, because that face and that voice were good friends with her own. "Patrick!" She grinned, her lips splitting without even a tiny bit of restraint. Truly, the teenage girl was pleased and there was no hiding it. "Hey, yeah. Well. I am, but not right now." She said quickly, explaining and not explaining all at once. "I floo'd over for the day." Evan added. Having cleared that up, the brunette allowed herself to enjoy the last, but not least bit of Patrick's greeting.

he was glad to see her.

Yeah, well. Who wouldn't be glad to see him?

"Good to see you too." Evan breathed out, turning her back to the butterbeer cart and facing the broad-shouldered Kentuckian. "What're you up to?" No one (aside from her, apparently) came to Diagon without reason.
__________________
keep quiet.
big boys don't cry.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #25 (permalink)



DMGS & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,502

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eleanor Smethwyck
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Jacob Radford
Games & Sports
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Aoife glanced up from her, admittedly, mediocre sketch of the craziness that is Diagon Alley in the summer, then glanced over at her half finished Butterbeer. Truthfully, she hadn't been saving it, so much as hadn't finished it yet. Only then did she realize the girl had been looking at her lip, not the mug. Aoife quickly touched her her lip, confirming, that yes, she did indeed have a butterbeer mustache.

Blushing slightly, Aoife reached for a napkin, then paused, thought better of it, and quickly hid her mouth behind a hand so the girl wouldn't actually see her lick her upper lip clean. Because, yes, like the girl said, it was that good tasting. Only then did Aoife use a napkin to dry her lip.

She eyed the girl suspiciously. "Well, now, how do y'know I won' be gossipin' about my own neighbors?" Aoife dropped the charade and broke into a friendly smile, scooting over slightly as an inviting gesture. It's wasn't necessarily as there had been plenty of space.

"I'm Aoife --if you were curious."
At first Ellie feared that she had been too forward making a comment about the other girl’s mustache. Next minute she wandered if the other girl hadn’t heard or understood her when she eyed her half drunken butterbeer. Eventually though the other girl got the gist and touched her lip and then hid it behind a napkind while she cleaned the cream mustache off. Weird, because she didn’t think it was embarrassing to wipe stuff from your face, was it?

Anyway smiling friendily she said "Maybe you could gossip about your neighbours, but i doubt it will be to those old lady’s degree. The can get very um shall we say upset about small things." Accepting the invitation to sit down Ellie beamed as she took as seat next to the other girl. "It’s nice to meet you Aoife! Is Aiofe an irish name? I’m Eleanor, but i prefer to be called Ellie. Are you here to buy Hogwarts supplies too?"
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190